Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-02-28
Updated:
2019-02-28
Words:
2,826
Chapters:
2/?
Hits:
106

Remnant's Flying Dutchman

Summary:

So...Zelretch screwed the pooch and let Salem get ahold of a Kaleidoscope infused crystal, and now I have to clean up his mess...Great! Well, at least I got an awesome weapon out of it.

Chapter Text

“No. No. Not that one. Not that one either. Goddammit, not that one either!” I exclaimed in increasing anger. My reason for said anger? I was looking for my 2/8 inch drill bit. Unfortunately, I had the bad habit of storing all my drill bits in a pile in a box.

 

Finally locating it, I put it in the drill and went back to my workbench. The proceeding went well, I managed to get the hole drilled perfectly straight. With a grumble, I went back to the box to get the forstner bit I needed.

 

“Hey, Johnny!” A male voice called out to me. Turning, I saw my friend Mike standing near the door. “The guys and I are heading out to eat, you wanna join in?”

 

“Sorry, but I can't. I've got to get this done tonight, I took too long planning it out and if I go to the client without it tomorrow, I'm screwed!” I returned as I started to drill the larger hole, using the smaller one to keep it straight.

 

“Man, I told you that you shouldn't have taken that request, it was overly complicated and nearly impossible to pull off!”

 

“Thus, why I took it in the first place. I love a good challenge!”

 

“Whatever. I just hope the reward, which you refuse to tell me about , is worth it.” Shaking his head, he walked out of the workshop.

 

“Believe me, buddy, it will be. It's just a shame that you'll never see me again, let alone the fruits of my labor.” I muttered as I moved the piece of wood I had finished drilling over to a table with something on it covered by a cloth. Whipping off the cloth, I smiled as I slid the last piece onto the peg it belonged on before screwing on the cap to keep it in place.

 

“Done at last. Guess I should get some sleep.” With those words, I gingerly re-covered the table and the item upon it before heading upstairs to my loft.


 

The next morning I was woken by the sound of the doorbell. Quickly getting dressed, I went down and opened the door to greet my ‘client’.

 

“Hello, Jonathan. I hope you have ‘it’ ready.” He asked with a grin.

 

“Yeah, barely. I finally got the last piece done and in place late last night.” I replied, “Come on in...Zelretch.”

 

With that, we walked over to the covered table, where I finally revealed my greatest creation. At the moment, It simply looked like a box. Picking it up, I flipped out two of the arms to reveal an anchor. Flipping out a long handle and a trident head, I proudly showed it off. Then I brought the trident tips together and flipped the anchor arms around then folded them up to form an even larger trident. Finally, I brought the arms back while keeping the trident head as it was, folding up the handle except for a section that fit in one hand in the middle which I pulled on to make it slide on a rail. When I released it, the handle shot forward back into its original position.

 

“Meet the Dutchman's Revenge. With ‘travel’, ‘scythe’, ‘trident’, and ‘great-bow’ modes. If I had time I would have painted it, but planning took way longer than I thought it would.” I explained, naming the modes as I showed them off before setting it back on the table.

 

“Very interesting, I'll bet you would have never made it real, had I not challenged you a few weeks back.” Zelretch said with a chuckle as he waved his hands and a magic circle washed over the weapon, changing it from wood to steel and painting it a mix of sea foam green, navy blue, silver, and gold. It also added a galleon style ship carving on the side. “There, it's done. I also added mechanisms to automate the transformations, the buttons are on the 'handle’ of the ‘great-bow’ and labeled by letter.

 

With a press of the ‘T’ button, the Dutchman was back in travel mode. Grabbing it, I went to strap it on, only to find the strap missing. It was also even lighter than it was when it was made of wood! I glanced at the Dead Apostle Ancestor with a brow raised in question.

 

“I added a couple of runes while I was changing the materials out. One of which will replace that strap. Just sling it over your shoulder and tap the other end as if pressing a button.” He said, making me suspicious about how helpful he was being as I followed his instructions. I felt a wave of energy flow through me. “And that would be your aura unlocking. Now it'll stick as soon as you shoulder it.”

 

“Alright, why are you being so helpful?” I asked with a glare, “I may not know you very well, but even I've heard of how big a troll you can be.”

 

“Well, I may have…Kicked up a hornet's’ nest so to speak…” The vampiric troll began, looking away.

 

“Zelretch…What did you do? And more importantly, why are you asking me to clean up your mess?” My glare intensified, now accompanied by a low growl.

 

“I may have dropped a sliver of Kaleidoscope infused crystal on the version of Remnant I'm sending you to, and it may have landed on Salem. It didn't give her any new powers, but she's now aware of the multiverse and plans to breach said expanse. She also got more ideas for Grimm, so now there are more species of those monsters than normal.”

 

“And why should I care?” I asked, my growl becoming more pronounced.

 

“Well, for one I've already given you all of this so you owe me.” He winced when my glare became nearly apocalyptic in its heat, “Plus, if she succeeds, it's only a matter of time before she comes here.”

 

“And you can't fix this yourself…Why?” His wince became a full-on cringe at my words.

 

“I don't know why, but being there physically hurts and damages my connection to the Kaleidoscope. Probably because the crystal got corrupted.” His words made me stare in disbelief before I pinched the bridge of my nose.

 

“Fine. But just so you're aware, if I die of anything other than natural causes then I will drag you and all of your alternates down to Davy Jones's Locker personally even if it takes me literally all of eternity!” My words garnered a smirk from the undead troll.

 

“You can try my boy…You can most certainly try.” He snapped his fingers, and another magic circle appeared above me. With a flick of Zelretch's wrist, it slammed down, bringing me to a new world.