Actions

Work Header

Sanctuary

Summary:

The attraction was always there, ever since the first day they met in Agustria. Sigurd was left speechless by his beauty and grace and could only stand there slack jawed as he flitted about lightly on his feet, swift as the wind itself. This was love, Sigurd knew, seeing the bard for the first time.

Now, the second coming of the Holy War has arrived and Sigurd and Seliph with their army and close comrades must fight for their lives as they face imminent danger.

Notes:

I wrote this for a Lewyn/Sigurd zine I volunteered to help out with. It actually came to me quite easily, a nice change. It isn't my main ship but it's fine. I hope it can be enjoyed!
I do not own any of the characters, all rights go to Nintendo.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: The Bard

Summary:

Sigurd meets Lewyn for the first time and falls for him almost immediately, from the way he moved to the way he spoke. Sigurd knew it was love at first sight. He had never seen anyone so beautiful.

Notes:

Originally this was for a zine for fun I said I would write for it. But now I have become invested in it, among other reasons, and will be continuing it. I do not own these characters, all rights go to Nintendo. I only own these original ideas.

-NOTE-These are MY original ideas, please do not copy or use them. If you like them and wish to use them, or had inspiration PLEASE ask me first and also CREDIT me. Thank you.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text


The attraction was always there, ever since the first day they met in Agustria. Sigurd was left speechless by his beauty and grace and could only stand there slack jawed as he flitted about lightly on his feet, swift as the wind itself, fighting off Macbeth’s army easily with his wind tome. It didn’t look as much like fighting but more like a dance. He was smiling the entire time yet took this all quite seriously. The way he protected all those people was admirable, it was exactly what Sigurd did every day. He couldn’t take his eyes off him.

 

He helped him out after his sister Ethlyn whacked him back into reality, literally. “Keep your head here, not in the clouds!” She chastised. Sigurd drew Tyrfing and fought with all he had, back to back with the mysterious bard. It was not a long or hard fight and soon they were resting inside the tavern, upon the bard’s request. The people flooded inside and cheered, treating him as their savior. Sigurd did not blame them one bit.

 

“That was quite impressive…?”

 

“Please, call me Lewyn.” The bard said, his sweet smooth voice chiming like music. Sigurd smiled lopsidedly, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. He knew he was acting like a teenager with an awkward crush and he hated it. Damn…Eldie would so tease me about this…Sigurd thought.

 

“Well I’m-,”

 

“Sigurd, yes, I’m well aware. What do you think you are doing starting wars all over the place?”

 

“Oh, um, that. I’m trying to liberate the continent of evil rulers’ tyranny. I’m saving the people suffering.” He said honestly. Lewyn remained seated on the dark stone stage, thoughtful.

 

“Well then! Guess I will be joining you now!” He hopped up, holding out his hand. Sigurd grasped it tightly, quite surprised by how small and slim his hands were. He could only imagine them as they would strum the cords on his sitar.
Lewyn chuckled. “Alright Sigurd, you may let go now.”

 

Sigurd blushed, letting go quickly. He felt the butterflies in his stomach and his heart raced uncontrollably. He never felt this way towards Dierdre. She was beautiful like a fairy, yes, but he just could not return her feelings. Maybe this was why, because he was fated to meet the elegant bard Lewyn here. “This was fate.” Sigurd said aloud, not realizing until Lewyn laughed again.

 

“Fate you say? Yes…I suppose it is.” He had a mischievous smile.

 

“Not falling for me, now are you?” He joked lightheartedly. Damn! He’s onto me! Sigurd briefly panicked. “Woah I was just joking!” Lewyn said, his smile becoming increasingly more amused. He doubled over in laughter and Sigurd just stood there, mentally kicking himself, blushing heavily.

 

“Would you like to hear a tune?” He asked, tilting his head. Sigurd felt like a fish, the way he just kept gawking at Lewyn like he was the most gorgeous angel there were. Lewyn sat back down and picked up his sitar. He closed his eyes and played a sweet melody. Sigurd sat in front of him in absolute awe. It was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. The music sounded…magical. He clapped, smiling brightly when Lewyn finished. Lewyn stood up to take a bow.

 

“What song was that?” Sigurd asked.

 

“An original.” Lewyn responded.

 

“Wow…”

 

“I could play more for you if you’d like.” Lewyn offered.

 

“Oh, that would be great!” They both smiled at each other while the rest of their army watched, all taking bets.


The doors to the tavern were torn open and huge white Pegasi in gold and silver armor came flooding in. The leader was a beautiful woman with long flowing green hair.
“My Prince! I have finally found you!”

 

Sigurd looked between her and Lewyn repeatedly, pointing to them both. “Yes…Hello Erinys…” Lewyn said, ducking his head down.

 

“I have been searching for you! I was sent to bring you back to Silesse!”

 

“Wait hold up! What is going on?!” Sigurd demanded, not ready to give up Lewyn quite yet.

 

“He is the Prince of our country Silesse. He disappeared years ago. You, Lord Sigurd, have had many rumors spread about you and your army. The messenger outside told me to give this letter to you.” She handed him a small sheet of tattered white paper.

 

Dear Sigurd,
Rumors have been spreading around the royal court of Belhalla that you, Quan, and Eldigan are conspiring against King Kurth of Belhalla, which is why you are hiding Prince Shannan of Issach. King Kurth has been assassinated and I fear it is no longer safe for you.
-Filat

“I’m sorry but I already read the note…Silesse is willing to grant you and your men sanctuary. I fear you don’t have much time left to make your decision.” Erinys said.


Sigurd knew he had to go, he could not risk the lives of his people when it was him, they were after. He accepted and they all rode Pegasi to the frozen wasteland of Silesse.
It was beautiful, if not dreadfully cold, with harsh winds whipping them across their face. The snow glistened in the morning sun, making it all look magical. The castle looked straight out of a fairy tale. It was overwhelmingly large, covered in ice and snow, giving off an intimidating appearance. When they landed Sigurd noticed Lewyn staying back.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked him.

 

“I fled from my country like a coward…when my uncles fought over the throne…I thought the fighting would stop you see…but from the looks of it…” He motioned to their surroundings. Sigurd could see many villages burnt down and far too many shelters built for the now homeless.

 

“Well, you are back now. And I will not abandon you. I will help you just as you helped me back in Agustria.” Sigurd laid a hand on Lewyn’s shoulder in comfort.

 

“Thanks, but…This is my battle…”

 

“I am not going to leave you. Even if you try forcing me to.”

 

Lewyn groaned, rubbing his head. “You are a stubborn one, aren’t you?”

 

“I have been told.”


So together Lewyn and Sigurd were able to trick his two uncle’s army and fought them head on without any civilian casualties. Afterwards a huge celebration and festival was thrown to celebrate their victory, the end of the Silessian Civil War.
Music played while people danced. Lewyn was ever as graceful, moving as if he were floating, little green wind sylphs danced around him as well. The way he moved left Sigurd in awe, just like back at Agustria when he was fighting. It really was but a dance. Lewyn twirled about, his scarf flowing behind him. He was smiling with his eyes closed, moving about as if he were able to see clearly. Sigurd slowly approached him and stopped him. Lewyn opened his eyes and smiled back. Sigurd offered him his hand which he happily obliged.

 

Being of nobility Sigurd knew how to dance and kept up with Lewyn quite well, they twirled around together making Sigurd feel as if he too were floating. They never took their eyes off each other. The cold wind in his face did not bother him at the moment as he danced together with Lewyn. Holding his small dainty hand in his own and resting his other hand on his slim waist. When the dance slowed Sigurd could not help himself. He leaned in quickly to steal a kiss.
Lewyn first looked shocked, before resting one of his small cold hands on Sigurd’s face, kissing him back.

 

Then Lewyn laughed. “You really did fall for me?”

 

“Of course, I did. I have never seen anyone quite like you.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“I mean that in an entirely good way!” Sigurd waved his arms in apology. “You are most elegant, graceful, beautiful, alluring.”

 

“Woah hold up! Alluring?” Lewyn laughed again.


They left the party together to sit side by side on a bench in the snow-covered courtyard. Sigurd cleared the snow with his sleeve first before they sat. Lewyn hesitantly held Sigurd’s hand. “You can stay as long as you like in Silesse. My home is your home.”

 

“You can’t provide sanctuary forever.” Sigurd said.

 

“I will be willing to fight to keep you here and safe.” Lewyn said quite seriously.

 

Sigurd remained silent as he just held Lewyn’s hand. “I don’t need sanctuary here…” He said, blushing.

 

“No?”

 

“No, because you are my sanctuary…” Sigurd said. Lewyn looked shocked, blushing too.

 

“Well then…guess you are stuck with me now. I will remain by your side however long you wish to have me.”

 

“Forever?” Sigurd asked, pushing it.

 

“If you so desire.”

 

Sigurd knew who he wanted to spend his entire life with and would not let this opportunity pass. Taking out a small box he presented it to him. Inside was a silver ring that was in the Chalphy noble family as long as Sigurd could remember. His father gave him this ring, to one day present to his beloved. Sigurd knew his father would love Lewyn. He slid the ring onto his finger, since this ring was made for a woman it fit Lewyn’s slim finger perfectly.
“Lewyn…I know we have not known each other very long but I feel that we have known each other for an eternity…It was fate that the two of us met and I refuse to let you go. Prince Lewyn will you marry me? I swear to devote my life entirely to you and your complete utter happiness.”
Lewyn was stunned, and began crying, covering his mouth. “Sigurd…I have never been one for traditions…I would gladly marry you.” Lewyn threw his arms around Sigurd’s neck, kissing him passionately. He pulled back slightly, staring into his blue eyes.

 

“I love you.” Lewyn said.

 

“And I love you.” Sigurd said back.


 

Notes:

I hope that you have enjoyed it so far! Feedback is appreciated!

-NOTE-These are MY original ideas, please do not copy or use them. If you like them and wish to use them, or had inspiration PLEASE ask me first and also CREDIT me. Thank you.