Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-02-11
Completed:
2021-01-08
Words:
19,479
Chapters:
44/44
Comments:
8
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
822

With Hope Comes a Trail of Light

Summary:

A twelve year old Hope changes the world for the family and other fairytale characters around her with a little help from her brother, mother, and father.

Chapter 1: Hope's Wish is Made

Chapter Text

"Come on Hope! Time to go spend the weekend at your brother's and sister in law's!!!" Emma calls up the stairs of the castle.

"Coming mom!" Hope hollers as she tumbles with a giggle down the stairs.

"Can't believe you're already twelve," sighs Emma. "But you're still my little red rose."

"Mom," grumbles Hope with a slight grin, "I outgrew that nickname years ago. Now let's go see brother!"

"Okay," responds Emma as she lets the twelve year old drag her out of the castle and down the stairs to the yellow bug.

The two then hop in the yellow bug and head towards Henry's castle. Once there, the two are happily greeted by Henry who embraces them in a great big hug. "So good to see you mom, baby sis."

"Henry!" says Hope as she grasps him around the neck in a great big hug.

"Good to see you too, Hope," responds Henry as he pulls her up onto his shoulders. The two are then followed inside by a smiling Emma.

Once inside the castle, the three are greeted by Ella and Lucy. They are also greeted by Regina.

"Hello Emma," says Regina with a smile.

"Hey," responds Emma. "Didn't expect you. I was just here for Hope's weekly visit to her brother's."

"As am I," responds Regina. "She like Henry is also half mine."

"Ugh, I hate it when you're right," groans Emma with a bit of a cold shoulder. The two then try to put aside their differences as they sit down to tea with Ella while Lucy follows after Henry and Hope to the gardens outside.

Once in the garden, the three swing through the trees together. All the while, they can't help but giggle. "Someday, you'll have a kingdom of your own too," says Henry to Hope with a smile. "Someday."

"Cool," says Hope. "Will I be a brave knight like you? Or a wonderful princess like momma?"

"Your fate is up to you. You can either be a princess and savior like mom or a knight like me. The choice is yours." Henry then swings off the tree and lands on the ground. Hope soon falls on top of him along with Lucy. The three then sit up and laugh it off. They then head off towards the fountain. There, Henry lets Hope make her first wish.

"I wish," says Hope, "I wish to be a hero like mommy and like brother." She then tosses the coin into the wishing well.

"It's sure to come true now," says Henry with a smile. "After all, a wish is never left to the wind, to fade. A wish always gets its answer."