Actions

Work Header

PLAN X

Summary:

' the Ikern race is Strong and Proud, everyone adores us'
what a beautiful lie that was.
it seems they didn't count someone crazy or smart enough to leave the Ikren race.
well. Maybe it could be both.

Chapter Text

“ Useless”
The green small iken stopped upon hearing the words coming out of the tallest mouth from the large screen, “ wh-what?” He slowly looked up from the keyboard and into the eyes of the two tall mighty Iken Red and Purple, who had not even noticed he was still there or had left the screen on at that point, they continued on as if he wasn’t even there, Red let out a laugh, “ I mean it was funny at first but now it’s just sad, watching a defect fail over and over…” Purple nodded grabbing a handful of chips stuffing it into his mouth, “ yea! You think he would make some kind of effort but anyways isn’t that the whole reason we banished him in the first place?” Zim's antennae twitched at the news, ‘ they banished Zim? But-but zim’s mission-’ was a lie…he could feel tears building up in eyes, it hurt. The rain hurt but this was hell to Zim, “you think that he would have died by now, he is a FAILURE to the irken race and as an Invader!”

‘zim is a FAILURE??’ the tears were falling freely now down his cheeks, Zim wasn’t worth anything not even to his own leaders. He could still hear them laughing, “ computer end the transmission “ He commanded the main computer thus ending the transmission before they could even notice anything amiss. Zim didn’t want to hear anymore,” whatever” the computer simply said. He could feel it, anger and sadness within his veins, it was time to take action Zim sniffed, “computer…Start Plan X” for once the computer seemed to be taken back by this. PLAN-X was only used if something was to happened to the Irken Empire and as far as the computer database had known nothing was wrong or updated (then again Zim didn’t normally update his computer) unless Zim was planning to finally leave for good this time, “Plan X, master does this mean?” “ Yes!” “ Yes master, blocking all contact from the tallest and with the empire.”
Zim wiped his eyes as he turned and started to gather his things as Gir his small robot watched his master closely while rolling in mud which would be seen normal on any other day however unlike today Zim didn’t have the will power to tell him to stop, he just walked past him and went up to his chambers. It was a simple bedroom which he never used because sleep is for the weak and half of time he was coming up with a new plan to take over the earth to complete his mission well as far as zim could see looks like those days of ruling over the earth were over. After packing up as much as he could carry, he then headed back downstairs and back to the lab one last time after changing into a his plain gray hoodie along with his ripped black skinny jeans with black sneakers.
Phase 1: send out one last message to homeworld
“ processing, PROCESSING! message has been sent” the computer confirmed this as Zim nodded, his dull normally upbeat pink eyes stared down at the floor, “ good I’ll be long gone by the time that message reached home world..” zim said under his breath.
Phase 2: Erase and Delete all contact with Home world

Zim typed in a few keys then pressed one final button then big bold letters flash on the screen reading, ‘ ALL DATA 100% cleared…’ zim then removed the disk that held anything left about home world and placed the item into his PAK, he made sure that no-alien would ever find him. Not that they cared.
Phase 3: START OVER

“ Master, you-you're really leaving?” the thought finally hitting the robot after Zim had to explain it to him after millionth time which only proved zim’s point that the SIR bot given to him must have been a pro-o-type, it’s not stupid they said it’s ..highly advanced? Yet it made sense now that the tallest had shown their true colors, Gir was just as thought- Zim narrowed his baggy blue contact eyes at the small SIR robot that seemed to be hitting its head against the wall this caused a groan out of zim as he slapped his palm against his forehead but sighed and pulled his hoodie over his black wig, “ yes Gir, the great mighty ZIM! Is no more..” As He started to walk out the door, his foot was grabbed which stopped him in his tracks. Zim looked down at who would dare stop the great Zim! Only to find Gir clinging on zim’s leg for dear life, “ TAKE ME WITH YOU! I HAVE NO ONE TO EAT WAFFLES WITH ON MONDAYS!!” it yelled at the top of their voice box should allow. Zim crossed his arms and picked up his leg trying to remove the annoying SIR off him, “ NO GIR! This is plan-X and your orders are to stay here and-“ Gir started to cry like a baby that didn’t get the toy he wanted, “ I’m not going too-“ Zim was cut off as Gir screams got louder, “ ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT!” Zim caved in and Gir finally let go as the alien glared, he wasn’t done though. Zim gave a smile that seemed too sweet, “okay you win GIR...” “Really??” Zim almost rolled his eyes but managed to stop himself as he welcomed Gir with open arms, “how about a HUG? “ Zim's eye twitched as Gir hugged him tightly; invaders were not used to signs of affection unless it was from the tallest. Invaders only knew two things: to kill and obey their leaders. It nearly broke Zim as he felt as if it was just yesterday he was nearly begging for this kind of fondness from the tallest. No that’s not right they did not deserve Zim or were worthy of him, “ Master are you cryin-“ Zim pressed the flashing red button on the back of Gir’s body and the little robot shut down.
Zim ignored the tears as he placed Gir’s memory chip into his backpack and then place the robots lifeless body on the ground, “ I’ll make things better for us..I promise” then out the door he went after shutting down the house computer and heading out into night.

Phase 4: Run to a Person you trust.
The doorbell sounded throughout the dark rectangular dull gray and purple home. It's nearly 3 am, the tall door creaked open, “ Zim? It’s the middle of the nigh-“ Zim cut the person off, “ ZIM RAN AWAY! AND HAD NOWHERE TO GO!” his voice was loud as ever but broken. He was shaking as Prof. Membrane opens the door wider to get a better look at him through his goggles and Zim looked like he had been crying but worse of all he looked broken, “ I-I wanna be with you!” He begged.
Prof. Membrane pulled him into a hug, “it’s okay, you can stay here as long as you need too..” Zim felt all the anger and fear melt away. he wrapped his arms around the tall human scientist and just held on for the longest time.
Whatever happened it must have been bad to the point of breaking someone like Zim, the Professor noted that Zim was always an outspoken and loud even when some of the students had insulted him he didn’t back down from it, he was small but made up for his loud speaking voice.

He pulled back noting how zim’s mood seemed to turn from scared to calm. The two had been seeing each other for only a few weeks, they made an odd couple but he still adored Zim non the less.
He kissed him deeply on the lips and Zim let out a light sigh.
The two went inside and Professor Membrane showed him the main bedroom that he would be staying in, it wasn’t much but Zim didn’t mind, the small Irken fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
Final step:..move in and live a normal Life
Dib's eye twitched as he pointed a finger at Zim. It was just a normal day, “but-but dad! He’s an alien!!” He said for the fourth time that month and like the first few times, his father ignored him and other times he waved it off while murmuring ‘my poor crazy son!’ then kissing Zim and saying goodbye to his son and daughter then going off to work. Even when he would try to warn his own sister who ignores him and threatens him if he didn’t leave her alone, she would make his life a living hell more then she already was and that got dib to shut up for about two weeks. Dib crossed his arms and huffed as he glared at his longtime enemy across the room, “ I don’t know what your planning ZIM but when I do... I will find out! I will stop you! And-I really need to stop talking to myself” he noted. It was starting to get if anything a little bit creepy.

Zim raised an eye as he was helping Gaz get ready for school, “ does he always talk to himself?” He pointed a thumb to Dib who still glaring while loudly talking to himself in the kitchen, “ oh you have no idea” she said while her mind was still glued to the game in her hands. The scary girl walked out of the door, “ ZIM!!” Dib finally called jumping into the room pointing at the short irken in a over exaggerated matter, “ um…yes?” “ I know what you’re up too!” Zim made a face crossing his arms, “ oh really?” He said in a motion voice, “ and what is Zim up too Dib-monkey?!” He hissed at Dib. Dib looked smug, “ you may have everyone else fooled that you have redeemed yourself! But I know who you are!” Dib points a finger in his face, “ you're just using my dad to complete your mission” Zim's face turned dark as he slapped his hand out of his face, “ you know NOTHING inferior human pig!”Dib seemed to be taken back by this. Not by the anger or begin called a human pig that was normal but how defensive Zim was when Dib called him out on his mission, “ you human's are all the same! Selfish!” Zim stood on his tiptoes, poking him in the chest while yelling in his face, “Your FATHER is the only one who cares about ZIM! and maybe Gaz…I’m not too sure, she mostly just groans and nodes while looking at the small glowing box” Zim getting off topic but quickly got back on track, “ Zim is no longer an invader, he- he is not worth anything to my tallest” Dib's eyes widen as he finally put two and two together, “ Zim..What about your leaders?” Zim turns and storms away to the guest room that he was staying in after murmuring a few curses with Dib's name in irken language. Dib sighed but went after him wanting to get the full story as for why Zim was acting so different? Why was he not focus on taking over the earth anymore? He wanted to make sure that Zim wasn’t planning anything, he knocked on the door Zim was staying in for the past few months, “ Zim?” ” GO AWAY!” the other yelled back. Dib slowly opened the door to find Zim curled in on himself on the bed with his knees held against his chest as his eyes seemed to be looking at nothing,“ okay this is weird, you’re not taking over the earth? Who are you and what have you done with Zim?” Dib demanded getting freaked out. Zim on the other hand just rolled his eyes, “ I am ZIM! You smelly human! Is it so hard to understand what is happening to me!?” Zim protested not getting the joke, Dib just raised an eye, “ so are you going to tell me what's wrong with your mission-“ “ there is NO mission, there never was..” Dib snapped his head toward Zim, “ wait, what do you mean NO mission? What about all the talk about your leaders taking over-“ “ It was all a LIE” Zim's voice was cracking, he felt so much pain in his squeedlyspooch, he felt as though he had eaten too many soup waffles and he would throw up any minute. Without his leaders he was lost and he felt so in vain, “ they used me, there was no mission it was all just a lie from the tallest because I was nothing but a joke to them and so-so I ran away” Zim sniffed, “ I erased everything but what I couldn’t erase-“ Zim opened his PAK and pulled out a CD with the ikern symbol on it and threw it at Dib, “- is on that flash-drive” Dib picked up the ‘CD’ and looked over it and gave Zim a look, “ but…this is a CD?” Zim rolled his eyes, “ whatever” Dib looked it over again then narrowed his eyes, “ you are giving your number 1 enemy information about your home plant? Information that I could use to destroy you and the aliens lords-“ Zim cut him off, “ I don’t care what you do with that information it’s up to you, it doesn’t matter to me anymore” Dib wanted to jump up and down, this was a dream come true. He had real proof to put Zim away for good and he would finally get the respect he always deserved and everyone would finally know he was not crazy!…yea. So why didn’t he feel happy? this was what he wanted.

But…why did he feel like such a jerk?
Out of the corner of his eye he looked and spotted a small picture near the bedside, it was the first picture he saw of just Zim and his dad, they looked so happy and it wasn’t fake ether where Zim would make an evil smile to pass it off as kindness, no it was a real smile and while he could not see his dad’s face through his large lab coat that his dad always wore.. Somehow there was a spark in his father’s eyes in that photo that he never seen before. For the past month, Dib would notice the long touches and how close the Alien and his father seemed to be. Zim seemed to brighten up as soon as his Dad would come home which He seemed to be doing a lot lately. Back to the present Dib looked at Zim who had not moved for last few minutes he just looked lost in thought, “you really like my dad don’t you?” He asked and Zim seemed to turn a very dark shade of blue that Dib could guess was blushing to Ikens, “ er, Zim does not see how this has to do with-with anything! We just happen to have a lot in common that-that is all!” Zim started stuttering while playing with his claws. Zim was in love and he didn’t even know it and Dib had a feeling his dad was in the same boat, he knew his dad was happy, “I’m such a jerk...” Zim blinked making a face as he heard Dib chuckle, “ I really, REALLY wanted to expose you Zim, you have no idea.. but I want my dad to be happy even if you are-“ he rolls his eyes, “ AN ALIEN” “ you-you mean the Dib-money isn’t going to tell the doctor about my alien heritage?” Zim tilted his head not believing it. Dib narrowed his eyes, “ only to make my dad happy” Zim blinked but smiled, “ thank you Dib.”

Things looked like they were changing for the better.