Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-01-11
Completed:
2022-05-04
Words:
902,198
Chapters:
206/206
Comments:
88
Kudos:
209
Bookmarks:
66
Hits:
18,910

Digimon AU: Alternate Universe

Chapter 164: Guardians of Destiny

Notes:

(A/N: Well, I finally made it to this chapter. I've had it hopping around in my head for literally years now. But now that I think about it, that's been the case for several chapters. Well, without spoiling anything, get ready for the start of a wild ride.)

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Chapter 164: Guardians of Destiny

Boltboutamon laughed uncontrollably as he rode aboard what many would consider to be a blasphemous abomination. That was more than a fair assessment. To Lucemon, it was his secret weapon, but to Boltboutamon, it was just another toy to play with.

"To think he would actually set you loose," he cackled gleefully. "Lucemon, you truly are the Demon Lord of Pride. And I am ever so grateful for such a sin."

If he were honest, he was legitimately surprised that the Demon Lord had been able to bring forth such a monstrosity. It was so outlandish that the odds of it happening naturally, even through manual or unnatural means, was astronomical. It had happened once before though, and thanks to the Demon Lords' meddling, it had now happened a second time. And while it was far from complete, the fact that they had managed to come this far was a miracle in itself.

"Racing towards your own destruction," he chuckled. "Never before have those words been more true. But that's what pride can do to you; it makes you too arrogant for your own good."

He wondered how the humans would react to his new friend. He already knew how Shoutmon would react since he would recognize the threat for what it was. But the humans, in their ignorance, wouldn't understand the true ramifications of the cataclysmic event that was about to befall on them. It was going to be very amusing watching them come to that realization. He so looked forward to seeing it.

Of course, he knew that this was most likely going to bring their involvement in his little game to an end, but it was fun while it lasted. And who knew, maybe they would somehow surprise him again. Those humans had a knack for pulling off miracles.

"But then again," he said with a sneer, "what better way to counter a miracle than with a catastrophe." He patted the head of his ride. "Isn't that right, my friend?"

The Digimon in question roared in response.

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

"So," said Shoutmon as they approached the entrance of a canyon, "remember a few days ago when I said that I knew where we were in the Digital World and that I had a surprise for you?"

Takato cocked his head to the side. "You mean before we got to Morphomon's town?"

"Please don't mention that place," Kari begged.

The loss of Morphomon's town had been especially hard on her. As relieved as she had been when she had woken up to find that they had defeated Galacticmon, it didn't bring back all those he had destroyed, and she was still heartbroken for the loss, even after Shoutmon gave her the same speech he had given the others about focusing on who they could save rather than who they couldn't.

The dragon frowned slightly. "Yeah, there." He shook his head. "Anyway, we're coming up on it. Just approach with extreme caution."

Tai raised an eyebrow. "Why? This area isn't dangerous, is it?"

Shoutmon wobbled his head. "Well, yes and no. There shouldn't be any danger as long as we don't cause any problems. You'll see what I mean."

He led them through the canyon, and they continued down it for the next few hours. The teens inquired as to where they were going several times, but he refused to tell them anything.

"It shouldn't be much longer now," he finally said, then tapped his chin. "Actually, I'm surprised we haven't already run into-"

"Halt!" a voice demanded from up above.

Shoutmon stopped and looked up. "Yeah, them."

Two Digimon dropped from the sky. The smaller one landed in front of the teens while the larger one hovered in the air above them. A few of the teens reached for their Digivices, at first thinking that the smaller of the two was Lucemon, but relaxed a bit when they say that it wasn't, despite the similar appearance. Though resembling the Demon Lord, they saw that the Digimon in question almost appeared to be a female version of Lucemon, with her angelic and demonic sides switched.

The other much larger Digimon appeared to be a heavily armored and weaponized battleship crossed with a dragon. It gave them bad memories of Destromon, though there was a clear difference between the two.

"You are not permitted to go any further," the female declared.

"Turn back now," the other one replied, "or be destroyed."

Shoutmon waved to them. "Hey, Mastemon, Ageisdramon, it's me, the Digimon King. Look, don't you recognize me?"

The angel Digimon he referred to as Mastemon bent down to get a better look at him. She studied him for a few moments before standing up and smiling. "So it is you. It's been ages."

Shoutmon chuckled. "Yeah, about 10,000 years. Glad to see you're still taking your duty seriously."

"Always," Ageisdramon replied. "It is far too important of a task to abandon."

Davis checked his Digivice. "Ok now, let's see. Ageisdramon, Mega level, special attack, Shine Breaker. He was born when a Plesiomon fused with Seadramon species data. His armor is made of golden Chrome Digizoid and is capable of purifying evil, and he's packing enough firepower to single-handedly annihilate an entire battalion."

Takuya whistled. "That's a lot of firepower."

"Mastemon," Davis continued, "Mega level, special attack, Chaos Degradation. She has the power to manipulate light and darkness, and even travel through space-time. She was born when the forces of darkness and light came together during a world crisis, and her birth is considered a miracle."

Kari cocked her head to the side. "Why's it considered a miracle?"

Shoutmon smirked at her. "Because it was an Angewomon and a LadyDevimon who DNA Digivolved together to become Mastemon. Would you ever fuse with a LadyDevimon?"

"Never!" Kari automatically cried, thinking of Myotismon's snatcher.

Shoutmon nodded in acknowledgement. "Well, there you go. But the crisis in question was the Third Catastrophe. The threat of ZeedMillenniummon was enough to bring together even the forces of good and evil."

Mastemon crossed her arms. "I am not sure if I should take that as an insult or praise."

The dragon Digimon sweat-dropped. "Um, praise, of course. I was pointing out your prior forms' determination to save the Digital World from destruction."

He laughed nervously as the angel Digimon stared at him. It was hard to tell what she was thinking since a helmet covered half her face, but then she smiled. "You backtrack pretty fast, your majesty."

Shoutmon let out another nervous laugh before sighing in relief. Takato glanced at TK beside him before leaning over to whisper in his ear. "Doesn't Shoutmon seem intimidated by her? By both of them actually."

"I was thinking the same thing," TK whispered back.

Shoutmon apparently heard them since he jumped up and wrapped an arm around both their necks. "That's because she's basically a good version of Lucemon, but still has the same one-track mind. She won't hesitate to destroy anything she considers evil, and she even has the power to destroy a Digimon's DigiCore."

That sounded unpleasant. "What happens if a Digimon's DigiCore is destroyed?" Takato asked.

"Complete reset. When a Digimon whose DigiCore has been destroyed is reborn, they don't retain any of the memories of their previous life. It's like they were born for the first time."

"What are you whispering about?" Ageisdramon demanded, pointing his weapons at them.

Shoutmon yelped. "And Ageisdramon's so strong that he's almost considered an Ultra, and he won't hesitate to turn all that power on us if we come across as a threat." He hopped down. "Nothing to worry about. We're all good here. By the way, where's Dantemon? With as big as that guy is, I would have thought we'd see him first."

"He stands guard," Mastemon replied. "You know that there are to be no trespassers here."

Shoutmon nodded. "Right, of course, but I'm no trespasser. I'm the Digimon King. You know I'm no threat here. I'd never do anything to put the Digital World in danger."

"And them?" Ageisdramon demanded, pointing his weapon at the teens. "They are not permitted here."

The teens took a step back, and Shoutmon waved his arms. "They're good, they're good. They're with me. Surely even out here, isolated as you are, you've heard of the humans who have been taking down the Demon Lords. If that's not enough to let you know that they have the Digital World's best interest at heart, then I can vouch for them."

"But why have you brought them here?"

Shoutmon sighed. "It's not a big deal. We were in the area, sort of, and I thought they would appreciate seeing, um, the goods. Come on, you can show them."

Mastemon and Ageisdramon exchanged uncertain looks. They seemed to hold a silent conversation before coming to a mutual decision. Ageisdramon lowered his weapons and turned away as Mastemon addressed them. "We will permit this. However, you are not to touch the," she glanced at Shoutmon, "the 'goods'. We'll kill you without hesitation if you do."

A forced grin spread across Shoutmon's face. "Great, no problem then." He turned to the teens. "See, we're all good."

Tai crossed his arms. "Is this the 'safe as long we don't cause any trouble' you were talking about?"

Shoutmon tapped his index fingers together uncomfortably. "Well, yeah, but like Mastemon said, just don't touch. So come on, you're going to love this."

The teens weren't so sure, but they followed without complaint, and for the next thirty minutes or so, they continued through the canyon.

Finally, the canyon opened up into a wide-open area that stretched for over a mile. And standing in the middle if it was a giant silver Digimon with a head of green hair. He had a large crystal of a different color on different parts of his body, and what seemed to be a door in his stomach.

Takato's eyes widened. "Whoa, who's that guy?"

"Dantemon," TK replied, looking at his Digivice. "An open app Digimon whose called the Appmon of Miracles. Oh, so he's one of those Appmon Digimon, that's cool. It says he has the power to open the door between the Surface Web and the Deep Web."

The open app Digimon looked down at them as they appeared. He pounded his fists together and then began jogging in place. "Dante, dante, dante! Who is this now? There should not be anyone else here! Mastemon, Ageisdramon, why have you not dealt with these intruders?"

Mastemon smiled and motioned to Shoutmon. "Take a look for yourself."

Dantemon leaned down to get a better look. His eyes widened upon recognizing Shoutmon, and he suddenly dropped to his hands and knees in a bow. "Your majesty!"

Shoutmon chuckled and saluted him. "At ease, soldier. I'm just here to show my friends what you're guarding. Could you show them?"

Dantemon hesitated, then glanced at Mastemon and Ageisdramon, and the two of them nodded. The open app Digimon stood up and gave a small bow. "As you wish, your majesty."

He stepped out of the way to reveal that he had been standing in front of a large rock. At first glance, it looked like an ordinary rock, but then they saw that it had a bluish color to it, and it sparkled like it was covered in glitter. A gold ring with strange symbols was wrapped around it, and it seemed impossible to take it off based in the shape of the rock.

Shoutmon was smiling broadly. "Well, what do you think? Isn't it amazing?"

Takato cocked his head to the side as he stared up at the rock with hooded eyes. "Um… yeah. It's… uh… really sparkly."

"And it's got a nice ring to it," Davis joked. "Get it?"

Tai crossed his arms. "What is it exactly?"

Shoutmon's mouth dropped open; this had obviously not been the reaction he had been expecting. "What is…? Don't you know?"

Kari shrugged. "Should we?"

The dragon Digimon dropped to his hands and knees, and began banging his head on the ground. "Save me from the ignorance of humans." He jumped to his feet and motioned to the rock. "It's only one of the most important things in the entire Digital World."

"That's nice," Takuya replied. "But what is it?"

"By the Sovereigns," Shoutmon muttered to himself. "It's a Destine Stone."

The teens looked back at the rock. "Oh, a Destiny Stone," said Takato. He looked back at Shoutmon. "What's a Destiny Stone?"

Shoutmon slapped his forehead before dragging his hand over his face. He took a calming breath before he began speaking to them like they were little kids. "Ok, look, the entire Digital dimension is made up of layers, and contains countless pocket dimensions and zones, essentially making it a multiverse. As such, it's an unstable place, and that's the purpose of the Destiny Stones." He motioned to it once more. "There are seven Destiny Stones located throughout the Digital World. They act as anchors, keeping the borders intact. Without the Destiny Stones, all the layers of dimensions will collide with each other, and the Digital World will collapse. If that happens, it'll need to reset, and we'll all have to start over from scratch, as will the entire Digital World."

The teens looked up at the Destiny Stone, now seeing it with new eyes. Davis pointed at it in concern. "You mean that if anything happens to this thing that the entire Digital World could be destroyed?"

"Yes," Mastemon replied, "but only if all seven Destiny Stones are destroyed. However, with each Destiny Stone that's lost, the Digital World will become more and more unstable, and the borders separating the layers and dimensions will grow weaker, which can lead to chaos."

"That's why we stand guard over it," Ageisdramon told them. "In case anyone is crazy enough to try and destroy it. Although, I don't know of anyone who would be mad enough to want to. Not even the Demon Lords would be foolish enough for that."

The thought that Mastemon, Ageisdramon, and Dantemon were here to protect the Destiny Stone was a huge relief to the teens. "So each Stone is well protected?" Tai asked.

Shoutmon nodded. "Oh, definitely. Each one is guarded by three super powerful Digimon. These three guard this one. SlashAngemon, Dominimon, and ClavisAngemon guard the second. Magnamon X, Rasielmon, and Ouranosmon guard the third. Valkyrimon, Omegamon Alter-S, and Gaiamon guard the fourth. LovelyAn-"

"Hold up," TK interrupted. "Did you say Gaiamon? As in who Galacticmon was planning to Digivolve into after he merged with the planet?"

Shoutmon blinked. "Oh, no, not that Gaiamon. That Gaiamon has never come into being. There's actually an Appmon version of Gaiamon too. They share the same name, but are completely unrelated. A few other Appmon share the same name as certain Digimon."

He went back to counting. "Now, where was I. Oh, yes. LovelyAngemon, Owryumon, and Jesmon GX guard the fifth. GraceNovamon, Jupitermon, and Junomon guard the sixth. And UlforceVeedramon Future Mode, Goldramon, and RagnaLoardmon guard the seventh. Trust me, the Stones are very well protected, even if someone was crazy enough to try and destroy them."

"I'll say they're well protected," Takato replied, scrolling through the profiles of the Digimon Shoutmon had been naming. "Those guys are major powerhouses. It'd be nice if some of these really powerful guys would help us fight the Demon Lords."

"We've made sacred oaths to protect the Destiny Stones," Mastemon told them. "That is our primary duty. Who rules the Digital World, even if they are evil, takes a backseat to that, regardless of how we feel about the Demon Lords, or what they're doing. As long as they don't come near the Stones, we do not concern ourselves with such matters."

TK sweat-dropped. "Well, I guess there's something to be said for dedication."

Dantemon began pumping his arms up and down. "Keep the bad guys away! Dante, dante, dante!"

Shoutmon looked up at the Destiny Stone, almost fondly. "The Destiny Stones don't just anchor the Digital World, they're also objects of great power." He held his arms out. "Can't you feel it? According to legend, simply touching a Destiny Stone can give you the power to Digivolve for a short while."

Davis' eyes lit up at that. "Ooh, that sounds interesting."

He began to approach the Stone, and Ageisdramon suddenly darted in his path, pointing a gun at him. "Take another step, and it will be your last."

Davis froze. Holding up his hands, he gave the cyborg Digimon a nervous smile and took a step back. "Uh, I was just kidding."

"I wasn't."

Davis gulped and backed the rest of the way over to his friends. Mastemon suddenly approached them, her mouth downturned in a disgusted frown.

Shoutmon began to seat nervously. "W-W-W-Wait! I'm sorry about him! He's an idiot, and very forgetful. He didn't mean to break the no touching rule. And he didn't actually touch it, so he didn't break any rules. Oh, come on, Mastemon, it's me!"

"Holy Desire!" the angel Digimon cried, and fired an arrow from her hand.

Shoutmon recoiled, covering his head. "We're sorry!"

The arrow flew past him ad the teens. At first they thought it had just been a warning shot, but then a hand suddenly shot out of the shadows where it was headed to and snatched the arrow out of the air. A few seconds later, Boltboutamon stepped out of the shadows, grinning broadly as he snapped the arrow in half, and it burst into light particles.

"So you noticed me," he commented, looking amused. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised."

"Boltboutamon," Tai seethed, turning to face the demon Digimon. "What are you doing here?"

Ageisdramon and Dantemon quickly moved in beside Mastemon, looking ready to attack at a moment's notice.

"Be gone," the cyborg Digimon demanded. "You are not welcome here."

"Dante, dante, dante," Dantemon chanted. "Take another step closer and I shall crush, crush, crush you!"

Mastemon pointed at him threateningly. "This is your one and only warning. Leave or be destroyed."

Boltboutamon cackled in amusement. "Relax, I'm not here for you or your precious rock. I'm here for them."

His eyes landed on the teens, gleaming menacingly. Ageisdramon pointed all his weapons at the demon Digimon as he floated closer. "We don't care why you're here. We said you're not welcome. Now leave."

Boltboutamon sighed. "Well, if you're going to be difficult about it…"

He held out his index finger and flew straight up. As he did, his finger cut through the air, creating a tear in the sky. He stopped high up in the air and snapped his fingers, and the tear he had created suddenly tore wide open, creating a giant portal.

"I think you should take it up with my friend here," he finished.

Something large and grotesque stepped out of the portal that had Mastemon, Ageisdramon, and Dantemon gasping in horror. Boltboutamon began laughing as the giant Digimon completely exited the portal, and it closed behind it.

The Digimon resembled an enormous four-armed dinosaur-like creature. It almost seemed to be a mishmash of different species that had evolved into one with two enormous metal cannons that looked similar to those of Machinedramon's growing out of its back. Also emerging from his back was a yellow and blue aura in the shape of a dragon like a ghostly figure that was attached to its body.

"Are you insane!?" Mastemon shouted.

Boltboutamon's laughter became that much more maniacal. "I thought we already established that."

"What is that blasphemous monstrosity doing here?" Ageisdramon demanded. "How is it even in being?"

The demon Digimon licked his lips. "He's the Demon Lord's secret weapon. Isn't he beautiful? And like I said, he's here for the humans."

Davis pointed at him. "If you think we're afraid of that ugly thing, then you're wrong. We can take him, right guys?"

He gave them an encouraging smile, and they nodded in response. The only one who didn't was Shoutmon. He was staring at the mysterious Digimon with eyes so wide that they looked like they couldn't fit in his eye sockets. The look on his face completely unsettled them. Never before had they ever seen the dragon Digimon look so terrified, not even when they had forced off against five Demon Lords at once.

"Shoutmon, what's wrong?" TK asked.

The dragon Digimon's mouth moved, but no sound came out. His body went back and forth between going completely still and shaking in terror. It was as if he were too afraid to speak and completely paralyzed with fear.

"Shoutmon," Takato said loudly. "Hey, Shoutmon. Snap out of it. Shoutmon, what's wrong? Wake up."

He shook the dragon Digimon, and an inaudible sound escaped him.

"What?" Takuya asked, leaning in.

"It can't be," Shoutmon managed to say. "Why is he here? How is he here? This shouldn't be possible. The Digital World is doomed!"

The confidence the teens had felt earlier was quickly fading away. "Why?" Kari asked. "Who is he?"

Shoutmon's lips moved, but no sound came out. He tried again, but still nothing. He swallowed, taking a moment to compose himself, and found his voice again. "Millenniummon. He's Millenniummon."

Tai frowned. "Millenniummon." The name sounded familiar. "Where have I heard that name before?"

Davis snapped his fingers. "Oh, I know. It was from one of those, um… You know, the thing. The, uh…"

"The Third Catastrophe," said Mastemon. "This is how it started. Millenniummon became MoonMillenniummon, who became ZeedMillenniummon, who almost destroyed all dimensions in all timelines. This can't be. How is he here again?"

Boltboutamon threw his head back and laughed. "You can thank the Demon Lords for that. The first time around, ZeedMillenniummon orchestrated his own birth. This time, however, the Demon Lords personally recreated him. It took thousands of years, but they managed to pull it off."

"Are they out of their damned minds!?" Shoutmon bellowed. "Millenniummon is a threat to everyone. Everyone! Did they think that they could control him in some way if they saw to his creation?"

Boltboutamon laughed ecstatically. "I think they were more along the lines intending to direct his destructive power rather than control it, and they don't intend to allow him to go beyond his current form." He chuckled. "As if they can actually do anything to Millenniummon. But then, they always were overly arrogant."

"Arrogant?" Shoutmon exclaimed. "Arrogant!? It's utter insanity!"

"Don't panic," said Takuya, though he too now sounded nervous. "You said he still needs to Digivolve to MoonMillenniummon and then ZeedMillenniummon. That's two Digivolutions away from the Third Catastrophe."

"Millenniummon is already more than enough to be the Third Catastrophe," the dragon Digimon snapped. "He's strong enough to be considered an Ultra. He's more powerful than Baihumon, Azulongmon, Zhuqiaomon, and Ebonwumon put together; they wouldn't even be able to touch him. Even all seven Demon Lords combined can't stand up to him. He could destroy them almost effortlessly. His basic attacks alone are enough to create entire timelines."

Davis' head snapped in his direction. "Are you serious? That's ridiculous."

Takato's face was pale and sweaty as he read Millenniummon's profile on his Digivice. "It's far worse than you think. In addition to having immeasurable and near infinite power, speed, intelligence, and strength, not to mention unlimited stamina, Millenniummon also has numerous other abilities."

"Such as?"

With great reluctance, Takato began listing off Millenniummon's abilities. "Including, but not limited to, cosmic awareness, time travel, battlefield removal abilities, acausality, regeneration, resurrection, cloning, statistics amplification, attack reflection, dimensional travel, matter erasing, precognition, possession, petrification, telekinesis, borderline immortality, power mimicry, sealing, duplication, telepathy, intangibility, creating illusions, teleportation, transmutation, shape shifting, body modification, power nullification, pocket dimension creation and destruction, mind reading, durability, negation, conceptual erasure, non-corporal abilities, non-physical interaction, hacking, reality warping, absorption, power mimicry, reactive evolution, and numerous manipulation abilities."

The teens stared at Takato, completely flabbergasted. Partway through his profile reading, their minds had gone blank, unable to comprehend the amount of power this one Digimon could possess.

Swallowing, Tai somehow managed to find his voice. "What… What kind of manipulation powers does he have?"

"The power to manipulate time, space, data, matter, age, soul, mind, self information, chain, empathy, death, holy power, electricity, poison, ice, heat, air, fire, emotion, element, energy, reality, conceptual, morality, and information. Oh, and he has a resistance to everything I've said about him. I mean, talk about OP."

Takuya's bottom lip trembled slightly as he struggled to find his voice. "And this is still two Digivolutions away from ZeedMillenniummon?"

"Who also had a good portion of his power sealed by the Digimon God," Kari muttered in disbelief.

"I think my pants are wet," said Davis. He slowly turned to the dragon Digimon. "Shoutmon, don't ever let anyone call you a coward for running away from something like that."

Boltboutamon cackled. "So now you know what you are up against. Or rather, I should say, what you will die at the hands of."

"Not if we can help it!" Mastemon declared. "I'll send that beast to oblivion. Chaos Degradation!"

Her left hand glowed red as her left hand glowed blue. Fusing the power of light and darkness together, she fired a beam at Millenniummon. The composition Digimon didn't even bother to move. The beam struck him, and a gateway opened, consuming Millenniummon, and the wicked creature vanished along with all traces of it.

Takuya blinked. "Wait, that's it? After all that build up, that's all it took?"

A grin spread across Boltboutamon's face, and he let out a chuckle. "So naïve."

The sky suddenly shattered like glass as a fist somehow punched through it. Millenniummon forced his way through, and the hole in dimensions closed behind him.

"What the hell!?" Davis exclaimed. "Can he do that?"

Takato looked at him. "Of course he can. Don't you remember what I said his abilities were?"

Boltboutamon licked his lips eagerly. "Smashing through dimensions is but child's play for him. Millenniummon, why don't you show our friends what you're really capable of."

The composition Digimon's gaze shifted to Mastemon. He let out a roar and opened his mouth wide as dark energy began to gather in it. "Time Unlimited!"

He fired a black sphere from his mouth. It flew at Mastemon, and she held up her arms to defend herself. The black sphere erupted and expanded outward, becoming a black hole. Time was compressed around the area as a pocket dimension formed, and Mastemon was drawn into it. She tried to resist, but there was no escaping it, and she was sucked inside, disappearing into the black hole.

"Dimension Destroyer!" Millenniummon cried, destroying the pocket dimension he had created and trapped the angel Digimon in. The black whole rippled, and then imploded before bursting outward as the dimension was destroyed.

The teens stared, completely shocked. That was it, Mastemon was simply gone, and not a trace of her was left. Millenniummon had disposed of her like it was nothing. For as powerful as Shoutmon had made her out to be, the composition Digimon had gotten rid of her so easily.

"Mastemon!" Ageisdramon bellowed.

Boltboutamon laughed uncontrollably. "How is that for impressive? And that's just the tip of the iceberg."

"Damn you!" Dantemon shouted, and charged at Millenniummon, swinging his arms wildly. "Dante, dante, dante!"

Millenniummon's hand shot out, grabbing Dantemon by the face, holding him back effortlessly. Dantemon swiped at him with his fists, but in Millenniummon's grip, he couldn't even budge.

Millenniummon's eyes flashed brightly, and Dantemon wailed. Then, suddenly, from where the composition Digimon was grasping him, Dantemon began to turn to stone. The petrification began at his face, and began spreading down over the rest of his body.

"Dante, dante, dante, dan… te…"

He completely turned to stone, and stopped moving. Ageisdramon let out a furious cry. "Shine Breaker!"

A barrage of shining energy and scorching energy were fired from all the cannons on his body. They exploded against Millenniummon, and the composition Digimon glanced at him, seemingly unfazed by the barrage. He pushed the petrified Dantemon away, and the statue of the open app Digimon fell back, crashing to the ground, causing the ground to shake. Then he charged at Ageisdramon.

The cyborg Digimon continued to fire, but Millenniummon completely ignored the onslaught of attacks. Once he was close enough, he reached out and grabbed hold of Ageisdramon. The cyborg Digimon tried a different tactic, using his Energy Cannon attack, firing blasts of energy from both arms. Millenniummon ignored this as well as he began to squeeze the cyborg Digimon in his powerful grip.

Ageisdramon continued to fire, but soon ceased as his body began to cave in. He cried out as he was crushed like a tin can in Millenniummon's grip, resembling as nothing more than a bundle of crushed metal.

Millenniummon tossed Ageisdramon into the air and used his Mugen Cannon, firing blasts of energy from his cannons, and the crushed form of Ageisdramon burst into data. And just like that, Millenniummon had taken out all three protectors of the Destiny Stone.

This was beyond anything the teens had ever seen before. Defeating Mastemon, Dantemon, and Ageisdramon looked like it hadn't required any effort whatsoever from the composition Digimon, as if he had merely been swatting a fly that had flown in his line of vision. And he then set his sights in the teens as Boltboutamon floated above him.

"Are you beginning to understand?" he asked mockingly. "This is the end for you. You have no hope of winning." His grin widened as he looked at Shoutmon. "Look, even the so-called Digimon King has already given up."

They looked at Shoutmon. The dragon Digimon appeared to be frozen in fear and shock, unable to tear his eyes away from Millenniummon.

"Hang in there, Shoutmon," TK told him. "If Millenniummon is as bad as we think he is, then we need to keep our wits about us."

"Guys, I think we should Spirit Evolve now," said Takuya. "Execute! Spirit Evolution… Susanoomon!"

"Execute! Spirit Evolution… Omnimon Merciful Mode!"

"Execute! Spirit Evolution… Imperialdramon Paladin Mode!"

"Execute! Spirit Evolution… Gallantmon Crimson Mode!"

"Execute! Spirit Evolution… Ophanimon C!"

"Execute! Spirit Evolution… Seraphimon!"

Boltboutamon licked his lips. "Yes, there you are. All of you at your strongest. It will be quite enjoyable to watch you all fall after having given it your all. Well," he snickered, "almost all of you."

They looked at Shoutmon again. He hadn't Digivolved. He still seemed frozen in fear, and actual took a step back when he realized they were looking at him.

"Shoutmon, you need to Digivolve," said Omnimon.

The dragon Digimon shook his head. "I can't."

"Shoutmon, don't do this, we need you," Imperialdramon told him.

"I can't," he said again. "Please don't make me."

"He's not ZeedMillenniummon yet," Susanoomon pointed out. "He's still two Digivolutions away from that."

"It doesn't matter! You don't understand how strong he is! I can't fight him! We can't fight him!"

"If we don't fight, we'll die!" Gallantmon shouted.

Boltboutamon laughed with a psychotic delight. "Yes! Yes! I love seeing that look on people's faces! Knowing you're doomed and giving up all hope! I can't wait to see it on each of you! Come, Millenniummon, don't keep me waiting!"

The composition Digimon let out a snarl and took a step towards them. Shoutmon let out a nonsensical sound of fright and stumbled back, falling over before he began crab-walking away, shaking his head rapidly.

Omnimon turned back to Millenniummon. "There's no time. We'll do what we can with our own power. Let's go."

Notes:

(A/N: There's no two ways about it, our heroes are screwed. Millenniummon's power really is off the charts ridiculous. I'll bet when I mentioned Lucemon's secret weapon, none of you expected this. Our heroes are in real trouble now. Be here in two weeks time t find out what happens next.)

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

New Digimon that appear or are mentioned.

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Mastemon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ageisdramon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Dantemon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Millenniummon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/MoonMillenniummon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ZeedMillenniummon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_Stones

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Plesiomon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Seadramon-species

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/SlashAngemon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Dominimon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/ClavisAngemon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Magnamon_X

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Rasielmon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Ouranosmon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Valkyrimon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Omegamon_Alter-S

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Gaiamon_(Appmon)

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/LovelyAngemon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Owryumon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Jesmon_GX

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/GraceNovamon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Jupitermon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Junomon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/UlforceVeedramon_Future_Mode

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Goldramon

digimon.wikia.com/wiki/RagnaLoardmon