Actions

Work Header

Jugdral stories

Summary:

A series of stories set on the continent of Jugdral for the Fire Emblem Compendiums Secret Anna event

Chapter Text

The scene unfolding before them looked grim, the battle against Granvalle was looking grim for Issach and Ayra bore witness to countless innocents being killed by the blades of houses Freege and Dozel. It was at that point Mariccle appeared. “Ayra you have to flee with Shannan to Verdanne it's the only hope Issach has left”. She desperately wanted to say no, she wanted to believe they could still win the fight but she knew the chances of victory were slim. She simply replied. “Understood”.

She knew time was of the essence and packed lightly with only her sword, some dried meat and some gold in case they needed to rest at a church if any injury should befall them. She decided carrying the prince on her back would be her best bet, that way she could still move relatively fast and wield her sword with one hand if need be. Luckily the fight had only reached the front of the castle and with the help of some brave Issachian soldiers causing a diversion for them, they were able to escape unnoticed without any injuries at all.

Travelling to Verdanne was no easy task, however, they'd have to pass the Yied dessert and then pass through Grannvalle. She decided that going South through the country would be the best route. She had heard stories of Lord Byron and lord Ring being good men whether those stories held water or not she did not know but compared to passing the capital, Freege and Dozel she felt the outcome of success was much higher.

Travelling there was actually simpler than she initially thought to keep a low profile and stopping by local villages kept them fed and healthy and before she knew it she was at Verdanne and seeking refuge at Genoa castle. It was there she worked as a mercenary to help earn money to support them both as her previous funds had now run dry.

As for Shannan, he was keeping optimistic, he was still young so he likely couldn't comprehend what had happened is Issach yet but he got on well with the other kids and she fought to keep him in good spirits. She was his guardian after all not to mention the hope of Issach and there was no way she would let her brothers death be in vain.

However, things started to take a turn for the worst when news arrived of Grannvalles march onto Verdanne's soil. Initially, Ayra was shaken with fear and anger. She feared word leaked out about Shannan's whereabouts and worried about what could happen to them if they came to invade. Fortunately, it turned out the reason was much more justified than she thought. The invasion was due to the kidnapping of Lady Edain of Jungby and they were simply here to take her back.

It was at that point that Ayra reminded herself that Verdanne was a country full of barbarians and that whilst it was simply the best choice to flee to from the empire and wasn't a place to set down roots. She was considering moving to Agustria due to them having some political unrest with Granvalle at the moment.

Cimbaith, however, caught wind of this and decided to kidnap Shannan to keep him as a hostage to ensure Ayra's loyalty to him. When she found out about this she was tempted to remove his head right there and then or bust out Shannan with brute force but she knew she couldn't risk Shannan's life he meant too much to both Issach and her.

A few days later Lord Sigurd was attacking Grannvalle in order to get back Lady Aideen and Ayra was forced to deploy in spite of how she felt. Little did she know that the battle there would lead to a domino effect leading her to become part of Grannvalle history.