Actions

Work Header

[Gunkatsu] Aikatsu ∀0 Season 03 ~PHANTASMAGORIA~

Summary:

Otherwise known as "Aikatsu ∀☆STARS" (ALLSTARS), this is the third season of Gunkatsu (Gundam x Aikatsu) project. As the title suggests, Aikatsu ∀☆STARS brings together the characters from both the original Aikatsu (OGkatsu) and Aikatsu Stars, along with their Mobile Suits. This season is based from the special two-part crossover episodes in AikaStars S2 that was made to commemorate the franchise's 5th anniversary. From those two-part episodes, the primary theme for this season is "expanding the Aikatsu ring" - but without bringing back twisted distortions at the same time.

Chapter 1: Clash of the Queens

Chapter Text

"And... the proud winner of this year's Starlight Queen Cup is..."

...

"OOZORA AKARI!"

Weeks have passed since the day Seira Otoshiro and her God - Kira Yamato - were annihilated by E.S. (Ein Sof), the more ultimate than ultimate idol unit formed by the two greatest Top Idols ever existed; Ichigo Hoshimiya and Aoi Kiriya. Starlight Academy has just finished its long-awaited Starlight Queen Cup, the prestigious competition made highly popular by the previously longest-reigning Starlight Queen; Mizuki Kanzaki. The competition itself ended with Akari Oozora - Ichigo's beloved apprentice - standing triumphant as the new Starlight Queen, with Miyu Nijiyama and Sumire Hikami as the two runner-ups. With Akari's victory, she has fulfilled her promise to Ichigo of reaching new heights.

During the crowning...

Ichigo: "So, Akari-chan, you are now the Starlight Queen. How do you feel?"

Akari: "Hoshimiya-senpai, I feel so happy, and so proud of myself. I've reached the new heights that I've never reached before. Thanks to your philosophy, I am now here, crowned as the new Starlight Queen."

Aoi: "We are proud of you, Akari-chan. The performance that brought you to the top was odayaka janai at the highest order."

Akari: "I myself couldn't believe it. In the very beginning, I was nothing but a rock-bottom newbie with barely any experience in Aikatsu. But now, here I am, after countless trials and tribulations that I managed to overcome not only on my own, but also alongside my friends, my senpais, and everyone in Starlight Academy. So, I thank all of you."

Ichigo: "I'm glad we were able to be a great assistance for you, Akari-chan. And your victory here, you truly deserve it."

Aoi: "As do I."

Akari: "Thank you, Hoshimiya-senpai, Kiriya-senpai."

Aoi: "Now, for the first runner-up. Miyu-chan, how do you feel?"

Miyu: "Honestly, I'm a little bit disappointed. Even though I made great use of your new appeal, but still I couldn't beat Akari-chan."

Aoi: "The Fever Appeal that I came up with, right?"

Miyu: "Uh-huh. Kiriya-senpai, have I failed you?"

Aoi: "No, not at all! You came really close to Akari-chan's total score, you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself since you did your absolute best with your own hard work and skills."

Ichigo: "Sure, you're the first runner-up, but your path ahead is still long."

Miyu: "I understand, Hoshimiya-senpai. My career as an idol is not over yet. I will always remember your philosophy and make a great use of it."

Ichigo: "That's the spirit. Now, Sumire-chan as the second runner-up. How do you feel?"

Sumire: "I am amazed to see Miyu-chan's outstanding performance and her Fever Appeal. No wonder she was able to surpass me. Sure, I'm a bit sad that I didn't get into the higher rank, but..."

Ichigo: "But, what?"

Sumire: "I believe this is a blessing in disguise."

Aoi: "What do you mean?"

Sumire: "Because that allows me to do this. Akari-chan."

Akari: "Yup."

Suddenly, Akari and Sumire proceed to sandwich Miyu from the sides.

Miyu: "Ow-ow-ow!"

Ichigo: "Hahaha, so that's what you mean! Sandwiching Miyu-chan like that!"

The audience also laughs.

Akari: "Consider it as a punishment for stealing Sumire-chan's spot, okay?"

Miyu: "Oh, come on. I didn't even expect to get the second place because I knew fully how great Sumire-chan is."

Sumire: "But, here you are now."

Miyu: "Again, it can't be helped."

Aoi: "Now, now."

Sumire: "Even then, no matter what rank I got right now, I am not yet done with my Aikatsu. I still have a long way ahead of me, so I will move on forward. Expect to see me getting better and better with each passing momentafter this, okay?""

Akari: "As expected from Sumire-chan."

Ichigo: "So, the fourth place, Hinaki-chan..."


Meanwhile, at Saitama...

Camilla Dinah, the Anti-Seira, is currently watching the crowning of Akari online through her phone while eating one of Saitama's famous cuisine in a restaurant of that prefecture. Following the end of Seira, Camilla resumed her wandering around Japan, not just for her meditation, but also in search of Japan's greatest cuisine now that she has gained an interest in Japanese culinary as a whole.

Camilla: "Splendid, Akarin... just splendid. Look at how much you've grown."

While Camilla watches the crowning, two young girls approaches her from behind, recognizing what she's watching.

Young girl 1: "Hey, is that Akari-chan?"

Camilla is a bit surprised and looks back to see who's behind her.

Camilla: "Uh, yes?"

Young girl 1: "Oh my, she's Starlight Queen now! I'm so happy as a fan of her!"

Camilla: "You two are fans, right?"

Young girl 1: "Uh-huh."

Young girl 2: "Too bad Miyu-chan wasn't able to win. Her Fever Appeal was unlike anything I've ever seen. It was amazing."

Camilla: "Can't really blame her, Akarin has showed us a much better performance than anyone else. But, as for that Iridium, I'll make sure to prank her for losing."

Young girl 2: "No, don't do that!"

Camilla: "Nah, I'm just kidding."

Young girl 1: "By the way, are you an idol fan?"

Camilla: "Oh, me? My name's Camilla Dinah. And, yes, I am an idol fan. Though I am now just an ordinary girl traveling around Japan in search for its greatest cuisine. Here I am at Saitama to taste some of its most famous cuisine, such as this one."

Young girl 2: "Ohh, that looks tasty."

Young girl 1: "Say... do you sing?"

Camilla: "Unfortunately, no. That would bring me back to-- Y'know what? Nevermind. I'm more interested in culinary now rather than singing."

Young girl 1: "Which means you would fit into a chef show on TV."

Camilla: "A chef? Me? I haven't thought of that, to be honest. Haha."


A few days later, Ichigo returns home along with Aoi, Ran, and Akari. They are welcomed by Ringo and Raichi.

Ichigo: "I'm home."

Ringo: "Ah, Ichigo. Welcome home."

Raichi: "Onee-chan, Aoi-neesan, and Ran-san? Even Akari-chan? Welcome, welcome."

Aoi: "Haha. How are you doing, Raichi."

Raichi: "I'm fine, really fine."

Ran: "Glad to hear it."

Raichi: "Err, say, what are your plans for your new idol unit?"

Ichigo: "Our new idol unit?"

Akari: "Did you mean... the Ohr Ein Sof?"

Ringo: "Yes. Didn't Orihime told you that Ohr Ein Sof will be an extension of your E.S. unit with Akari-chan as the special addition?"

Aoi: "Well, that is correct. But..."

Ichigo: "We're actually going to form another extension of it."

Raichi: "Another extension, you say? How?"

Ichigo: "Uh, actually, let's save this for later."

Akari: "Eh? Why?"

Ichigo: "It's for your upcoming birthday, Akari-chan."

Akari: "That extension is for my... birthday present? I can't wait!"

Someone is knocking the door.

Ran: "Who?"

Camilla, accompanied by Miyu, opens the door.

Miyu: "Excuse us."

Camilla: "Yo, Akarin."

Akari: "Miyu-chan! Dinah-senpai!"

Ichigo: "Long time no see, Camilla. How're you doing?"

Camilla: "I'm fine, so does my purity of mind."

Ran: "That means you're still continuing your meditation, right?"

Camilla: "Uh-huh. But, aside from just meditating, I've also traveled around Japan in search for the country's finest cuisine."

Aoi: "I never knew you gained an interest of Japanese cuisine."

Camilla: "Well, thanks to Nandemo Bento, my tongue now hungers for more delicacy from all over the country. Speaking of which, I just came back from Saitama."

Ichigo: "Nice."

Ringo: "I'm so glad our bento sparked your interest with Japanese cuisine in general."

Camilla: "Haha, no problem. Oh, by the way... I'd like to congratulate you, Akarin, for becoming the new Starlight Queen."

Akari: "Ah, thank you, Dinah-senpai."

Camilla: "You've come a long way since the day you introduced yourself to us back in the day, back when you were nothing but an Ichigo rip-off."

Miyu: "But now you've drastically changed, and you came out stronger than me."

Akari: "It was because of you all, giving me all your supports and allowing me to overcome any obstacle. Like I said before, I don't wanna back down without a fight."

Miyu: "And then, you're going to be featured in the new unit called--"

Aoi quickly shuts Miyu's mouth.

Aoi: "Stop it! Not until her birthday!"

Miyu: "Oops, almost leaked it."

Camilla: "Haha, as expected from Iridium."

Miyu: "And you never change your tendency of calling me like that..."

Ichigo: "Easy, easy."

Camilla: "So long as I'm here, I want some bento. Ringo-san, one serving, please?"

Ringo: "Okay."

Ringo proceeds to prepare one serving of bento for Camilla.

Ran: "It is so obvious that you have to at least taste Ringo-san's bento everytime you come here."

Camilla: "I mean, her bento is exquisite. I can't resist it."

Ran: "You're not afraid to get fat?"

Camilla: "Eh?"

Miyu: "Oh yeah, you've been wandering around Japan just to eat a lot, right? How many kilos did you gain from all those."

Camilla: (gulp)

Ran: "From the way you react, perhaps you are indeed having some weight issues."

Ringo: "I remember telling you that weeks ago, right? You should take care of your body before you get too fat. So, this bento will be a small prize for Akari-chan instead."

As Ringo finishes the bento, she gives it to Akari instead of Camilla.

Akari: "Yes, free bento!"

Camilla: "Eh, what? Aww man!"

Camilla looks disappointed to see her bento goes to Akari. Ichigo, Aoi, and Miyu approaches Camilla and comforts her.

Aoi: "There, there."

Ichigo: "Err, by the way, Camilla..."

Camilla shakes her head a bit.

Camilla: "Uh, what?"

Ichigo: "I just noticed, your eye color has changed."

Aoi: "Truly? I didn't notice it. Are you using color contacts now?"

Camilla: "No, I'm not. My eye color changed from gold to rather blue-ish shortly following the opening of Starlight Queen Cup, and it was the time I started my travel around Japan. I don't know why that happens."

Aoi: "Hmm, that's unusual."

Miyu: "Oh, that's why your eye color is different now."

Ichigo: "Maybe Ninja-san or Yumesaki-san knows something about it."

Ran: "But, the thing is, you look slightly less like her now."

Camilla: "Ah, yes, obviously."

Akari: "Anyway, Dinah-senpai, where are you going to go after this?"

Camilla: "Me? Probably following Ichigo along to the school. I kinda miss the others. Also, since you told me that I'm indeed having weight issues, I'm gonna stop traveling for a while and get back to shape."

Aoi: "Ah, very good, then."


At Mount Haruna, where the Ninja resides...

Alpha Unit: "Hey, Boss."

Alpha Unit approaches the Ninja in his main chamber.

The Ninja: "What is it?"

Alpha Unit: "As we know, the opening concert for Ohr Ein Sof is just around the corner, right?"

The Ninja: "Yes?"

Alpha Unit: "Are we going to watch them live at the stadium?"

The Ninja: "Hmm... I'd like to go there myself. But I'm not really in a mood of showing myself in front of public since the last time Ein Sof performed. You know, we ninjas should've been hidden, secretive people. Even if we disguise ourselves there, I think we'll still stand out amongst the audience."

Alpha Unit: "Oh man..."

The Ninja: "Why so disappointed? We can just watch them through streaming. Yes, I know, we're supposedly cheering on Aoi-san for we are her greatest fans. But we gotta remember who we really are. Besides, since the crisis is now over, we can go back on supporting her from the shadows."

Alpha Unit: "Well... okay then. We'll just watch the concert through live streaming."

The Ninja: "Glad for your understanding."


Days have passed, and it is now Akari's birthday, the appointed time for Ohr Ein Sof's opening concert and the reveal of its new extension. The concert is held in the dome where almost every idols have their big concerts. As the concert nearly begins, the dome is already fully crowded by fans who have awaited the reveal of Ohr Ein Sof. Among the crowds are Raichi, Noelle, Ellis, and many of the prominent fans.

Raichi: "Oh man! I can't wait to see the reveal!"

Noelle: "Yeah, me too. Really curious to see what they have in store for us."

Raichi: "The combination of Onee-chan, Aoi-neesan, and Akari-chan... I bet they will shake this idol world like they shook the heavens back then."

Ellis: "I'm sure it will, Raichi. Oh, by the way, where's Camilla? Why hasn't she arrived yet?"

Raichi: "Camilla-san? She said she had to go somewhere first. But she's taking longer than expected."

Noelle: "Not again. It's Camilla-neesan's bad habit."

Ellis: "And she even promised us that she would come..."


Meanwhile, in the Moonlight Office ...

Mizuki is monitoring the concert through the live-streaming alongside Mikuru and Captain Nakimoto.

Mizuki: "Now, Oozora, let's see how far you've progressed."

Mikuru: "This is getting interesting, am I right?"

Nakimoto: "Certainly."


Back at the dome, inside the preparation room, Ohr Ein Sof are all prepped and ready for their concert. They are accompanied by Ran, Yurika, Sumire, and Miyu.

Akari: "Man, oh man, I can't contain my excitement! I mean it, I can't."

Ichigo: "Hehe, just calm yourself down, Akari-chan."

Aoi: "We really can't get less excited than this, since we're going to have our big concert."

Yurika: "Keep yourself stable, okay? If you don't, I'll suck your blood."

Akari: "Oh, okay, okay."

Sumire: "As expected from Akari-chan."

Miyu: "You're Starlight Queen now. You gotta act like one, especially when you're with the two Top Idols."

Akari: "I hear ya, Miyu-chan."

Ran: "Everyone, it's time. Time to show up and shine in front of everyone."

The three nods.

Ichigo: "Let's do it."

Ichigo, Aoi, and Akari runs toward the stage with Akari at the front. Once they show up on the stage, everyone are cheering on them. The three are very excited and happy to see all their fans in stadium. And thus, they begin with the opening words.

Ichigo: "Good day, everyone!"

Aoi: "How're you doing?"

Akari: "Fine, yes?"

The crowds are responding in sync.

Ichigo: "Haha, glad to hear it. So, here we are, in the opening concert of our brand-new unit."

Aoi: "The combination of the infinite, eternal bond from the two of us..."

Akari: "...and the unending radiance that is my namesake..."

Ichigo: "...we gladly present to you...!"

All three: "Our Infinite Light!"

The logo of Ohr Ein Sof is then shown on the big display behind them. The crowds become even more excited and cheers louder.

Ichigo: "So, yeah, this is Ohr Ein Sof. In Hebrew, it means Infinite Light."

Aoi: "Just like the two of us are infinite, the source of this ray of light."

Ichigo and Aoi are tapping Akari's shoulders.

Akari: "In short, I am now literally as infinite as you two."

Ichigo: "Yes, as infinite as the..."

Before Ichigo finishes talking, a new unit logo appears on the big display. An unit called "Cosmos". The audience gets awed by the revelation of that new unit.

Akari: "Cosmos? Does that mean...?"

Aoi: "That is correct. We are as infinite as the Cosmos."

Ichigo: "This is our extension to Ohr Ein Sof, the Cosmos. It's me and Akari-chan. So, yeah, this is my birthday present to you, Akari-chan. Happy birthday."

Akari: "You... you actually know I've been wishing to perform together with you. I'm glad, I'm truly glad. Thank you so much, Hoshimiya-senpai! Thank you!"

The audience proceeds to clap their hands, cheering on Ohr Ein Sof and - by extension - Cosmos.

Ichigo: "Okay then, shall we begin with our first song?"

Aoi: "It's gonna be all three of us."

Akari: "Yes!"

The stage lighting begins to dim as Ohr Ein Sof prepares to sing. The music starts and the three begins to sing. Just as the song begins, Camilla arrives and finds Raichi and the others in the crowds.

Camilla: "Whew!"

Noelle: "Camilla-neesan! Where were you?"

Ellis: "I thought you're taking it easy again."

Camilla: "I'm so sorry, something happened on my way and I had to get it outta my way."

Raichi: "At least you came."

Ellis: "Yeah, to see them shine."

Camilla: "Well, uh-huh."

Camilla then proceeds to watch Ohr Ein Sof's performance with everyone, as she and the others are getting awed by how magnificent those three performs. They become even more hyped once the unit appeal shows up. Then, the song is over, and everyone goes crazy applauding on Ohr Ein Sof.

Raichi: "Onee-chan, Aoi-neesan, banzai!"

Camilla: "That was a great performance, Akarin. I like it, A LOT!"

The three of Ohr Ein Sof are responding by waving their hands at the audience.

Ichigo: "Thank you!"

Aoi: "Thanks for all the cheers!"

Akari: "Everyone happy, right?"

The audience responds together.

Akari: "Well, then. Our next song will be the song we specifically made for Cosmos. It is--"

Ichigo: "What the?"

Ichigo interrupts Akari with her Innovator eyes glowing.

Akari: "Hoshimiya-senpai, what's wrong?"

Ichigo: "I sense something?"

Akari: "Sense what?"

Ichigo: "Something's coming. Aoi, you can sense it, right?"

Aoi also uses her Innovator powers to sense the thing that Ichigo sensed.

Aoi: "You're right, Ichigo. I sensed it too, something big is coming."

Curious as to why the three aren't proceeding with their performance, everyone from behind the stage approaches them.

Ran: "Hey, what happened?"

Akari: "They say they sensed something big coming."

Yurika: "At a time like this? You've got to be joking."

Sumire: "Don't tell me that's..."

Miyu: "...Mobile Suits?"

Ichigo: "There!"

Ichigo points at the sky as two flying objects appear and seem to be heading towards the dome. It is revealed to be two winged Gundams. One Gundam wielding two lances is chasing another Gundam wielding a twin-bladed lance-like weapon called "swallow". These two Gundams come swooping right above the dome while the chaser is firing some beam shots from its lances at the back of its target. The fast swoop produces strong gust of wind that blows at everyone in the dome.

Camilla: "Whoa!"

Yurika: "Ugh, what was that?"

Akari: "Two Gundams!? Where did they come from?"


In the Ninja's base, as they're watching the live stream of the concert, they get alerted by the arrival of those two unidentified Gundams.

The Ninja: "What the!? Where did those Gundams come from?"

Omega Unit: "I don't know. It's as if they came out from nowhere!"

Alpha Unit: "And to top it off, they're unlike any Mobile Suits we've ever seen thus far here. They must be..."

The Ninja: "Are you telling me... there's a hole in the space-time continuum? Again?"


Back at the concert dome, the majority of the audience begins to panic.

Noelle: "No way! It can't be Seira-neechan again!"

Camilla: "Don't say that, Noelle. God is dead!"

Noelle: "But who could these be?"

Camilla: "We can only find the answer by confronting them. By the way, we better get outta here! Everyone, don't panic! You can go use any available emergency exits around here!"

Ellis: "Hurry!"

Camilla, Noelle, and Ellis proceeds to lead several people to the nearest of the emergency exits. On the stage...

Ran: "Now what?"

Aoi: "I guess we must confront these Gundams. We can't let any chaos to happen."

Akari: "I'll go get my Gundam. Sumire-chan, you're coming along?"

Sumire: "Certainly."

Ichigo: "Okay then, be careful."

Akari and Sumire are leaving the stage through the backdoor and heading to their Gundams, parked inside the dome's big all-purpose basement. Ichigo and the others still in the dome are helping the audience leaving the dome.


Meanwhile, the swallow-wielding Gundam is having a hard time defending against the lance-wielding Gundam. They are clashing their melee weapon on mid-air.

Chaser: "Give it up, Yume Nijino, and submit your Star Wings to me!"

Yume: "No, Elza-san! I will not allow that! This is something I earned myself, and you have no rights to drain its power for your own merits!"

The swallow-wielding Gundam, piloted by someone who goes by the name of Yume Nijino, tries to push her opponent - Elza - back. Elza, however, seems to be more powerful than Yume and begins to push her even further before proceeding to do a slash that knocks her back pretty far. Elza rushes toward Yume and does multiple fast slashes and thrusts, giving Yume even more trouble at defending against those high-speed attacks.

Yume: "No good, it's too fast!"

Elza: "Are you still trying to fight off this perfection shown through my Gundam Baelza."

Without warning, Elza does a fast backflip kick that hits Yume right at the chin. After that, she zips behind Yume and does an overhead elbow strike that causes Yume to fall down.

Yume: "Uwaaaa!"

Yume hits the ground pretty hard and bounces off. Right in the middle of Yume bouncing off the ground, Elza gets into position quickly and kicks Yume away. As Yume lies on the ground, Elza approaches triumphantly.

Elza: "Now, you will give me your Star Wings."

Yume tries to get back up.

Yume: "Ugh... Never!"

Elza: "Should I take it by even more force than before?"

Elza prepares to attack once more, but...

Akari: "OOZORA BEAM!"

Elza: "What in the--!"

From three o-clock position, Akari comes in towards Elza and fires her Oozora Beam five times at her. Elza reacts quickly, dodging two shots and deflecting the next three shots.

Akari: "That was some reaction speed you got there."

Sumire: "Akari-chan, I'll cover you. Go ahead and fight head-on."

Akari: "Much appreciated."

Akari speeds up to attack Elza while Sumire moves in from behind her and proceeds to fire her Sumire Vaquero in rapid-fire mode at Elza. That prompts Elza to spin her lance form a barrier, completely nullifying all of Sumire's shots. Akari then gets into range and uses her Luminas Arms in giant sword mode to fight Elza head-on. Akari does a downward slash, and Elza uses both lances to parry the attack.

Elza: "More Gundams? I never thought I would fight more of them here."

Akari: "Explain yourself! Who are you? And what are your purpose here?"

Elza: "I am Elza Forte, the leader of Venus Ark and seeker of the Ultimate Sun Dress. I am otherwise known as Perfect Elza."

Akari: "Ultimate Sun Dress?"

Elza: "It appears you two are also trying to hinder my mission. I will make you pay, then. Feel my perfection!"

Akari: "But you're--"

Before Akari could even finish talking, Elza breaks away from Akari's attack, backing off for a bit and then charges right back at Akari. Once again, Elza unleashes her multiple quick attacks that forces Akari to go defensive.

Elza: "How'd you like that?"

Akari: "I... I can't find any opening in-between her attacks!"

From the side, Sumire rushes in with her Misery Mire dual beam saber, trying to flank Elza. But, before Sumire could even unleash her attack, Elza does a strong thrust that knocks Akari back and then kicks Sumire away from her. The two falls on the ground.

Akari: "Oww!"

Sumire: "Aahh!"

After that, Yume finally gets back up on her feet.

Yume: "I'm not finished yet!"

Elza: "Huh?"

Yume rushes toward Elza, trying to attack her again. Elza quickly jumps up to dodge Yume's attack, hovering with her thrusters.

Elza: "Hmph, I could pretty much wreck all three of you right here right now. But I can sense potential reinforcements coming from this area. Consider this your lucky day, Yume Nijino, and you two mysterious combatants. We shall meet again."

Elza flies higher and boosts away, leaving the three behind.

Yume: "Elza-san..."

Akari and Sumire gets back up and approaches Yume.

Akari: "Phew. Are you all right?"

Yume: "Uh, yes. Thank you for your timely assistance. Somehow, Elza-san decides to retreat and spares us."

Akari: "T-that voice!"

Yume: "What's wrong?"

Akari: "N-nothing. I must be imagining things."

Sumire: "That Gundam was so powerful. We can't find any opening for us to exploit."

Yume: "We expect no less from Perfect Elza. That's what she is..."

Sumire: "Wow..."

Yume: "My Gundam is a bit damaged, and... where am I? A completely different world but with Gundams too?"

Akari: "You're from another world?"

Sumire: "After all, those two Gundams were never here before, which means she's indeed from another world."

Yume: "Then, where can I resupply and repair my Gundam?"

Akari: "Uh, you can come with us to Starlight Academy and resupply there."

Yume: "Starlight Academy? Don't tell me you're--!"

Akari: "Yes, we are idols. You're an idol too?"

Yume: "Uh-huh. For now, let us go to that Starlight Academy."

Akari: "Okay."

Akari, Sumire, and Yume begins to fly, heading towards Starlight Academy. They enter the hangar and proceed to get out of their Gundams. As the three are out, Akari and Sumire are quite shocked when they see how Yume looks like.

Akari: "Y-you're--!"