Actions

Work Header

The Love That Haunts Me

Summary:

In the year 1840, their love was as forbidden as it could be but that didn't stop at Charles and Erik from loving eachother. That's until a unfortunate event accord that would change Charles' life forever.

Notes:

Inspired by a Crimson Peak Fan Art.
Set in Victorian England.

Chapter Text

In early years of 1840, London had busted its doors open with the bustling screams and chatter of locals. Children weaved pasted their parents and the horse and carriage passed with ease. Amongst the crowd, a young man, in his early twenties had smiled happily at another, a taller man who tipped his hat at the other.
"Fancy seeing you here Erik, it's been quite a while since I last saw you," said Charles Xavier, a first-class citizen who had a reputation as being one of the richest men in all of London. Erik smiled.
"you seem to always keep surprising me Charles, say you know what I'm looking forward to the party of yours tonight, it would be a good opportunity to talk business and.." Erik paused, his hat brought to his side and has gotten an inch closer to his old friend. Charles laughed nervously and pressed his hand against Erik's chest.
"not here" his whispered, pulling back but still smiled as Erik nodded.
"that would be wonderful and speaking of business, you wouldn't mind walking with me back home will you, I do want to talk to someone other than myself" Charles laughed harder as Erik nodded in agreement and so without the need to let it slip the two men walked together.

Charles Xavier had known Erik for years, a man of nobility and bravery and had found common ground with him since they met. Charles grew close with Erik and soon their relationship developed into something more than friendship. It was during that night when Charles had invited Erik for dinner and his smile grew when Erik walked in.
"I'm so glad you can make it my friend, dinner just stared"
Charles guided Erik to the dining room, it's long table filled with the finest meals from roast chicken and mash as well as the helpful serving of the finest wine that Charles had to offer.
"all the way from France," Charles said pouring Erik another glass.
"Oh stop it, Charles, poor Mr Lehnsheer here doesn't need a lecture" laughed Raven who was Charles sister had adored the most. Charles mocks his sister who teased him back.
"I don't really mind, I love your lectures my friend Xavier," said Erik before sipping the rest of the wine. The rest of the night was filled with cheers and more laughter, many talks about business at the factories and Erik getting a promotion; Raven had talked about her day with the ladies, Angel and Moria.

The clock on the mantlepiece rang at ten o'clock in the even and raven had yawned with sleepless.
"you better get to bed my dear," said Charles taking his sister's hand to kiss her on the cheek.
"you are probably right, well goodnight gentlemen"
"sweet dreams my dear Miss Xavier"
Raven laughed bad pecked Erik on the cheek as well before claiming the stairs to bed. Charles stared silently at Erik for a while before saying a word.
"so. what do you..." Charles barely got the words out of his mouth before he was being pulled forward, his lips pressing tightly around Erik's. As they kissed Charles at first wanted to shout but he soon kissed back; it was a soft kiss that seeped into his soul and into his heart that made a thousand sparks fly hight above him. He had never felt like his before not even when he first kissed Moria under the mistletoe at Christmas three years ago but this was different, it was passion, it was chemistry.. it was love. Erik and Charles finally separated taking heavy breathe, Erik blushed and so did Charles.
"I'm. I'm so sorry" cried Erik releasing Charles' hand where he had escorted himself out and into the darkness. Charles soon reasoned with him, talked to him and explained his burning feelings. Erik ran for the embarrassment of not being accepted but Charles didn't care and so it becomes their little secret, a secret of a passion for love and happiness. Charles became closer to Erik, staying by his side and never letting go as their secret is safe as long as nobody finds out. Never and Never.

They arrived at Charles home having talked plenty about their day and when the street was empty of people or animal Charles pulled Erik down by his collar and kissed him with the same passion as always.
"I love you" whispered Charles his arms around his new profound lover.
"I love you too" replied Erik kissing Charles delicately on the top of his head. As they enter his home Charles' stomach dropped dragging his heart with him as he heard very familiar voices coming from the drawing room.
"Charles? Charles is that you dear?"
Charles' mother and stepfather had come to visit and it didn't seem to be accepted within Charles and Raven only that Kurt Marko is not family; Charles quickly removed his arm around Erik's and proceeded to move into.
"hello, mother," he said in a slightly disappointed tone. Marko grunted and growled at Charles.
"don't speak to your mother with that tone"
"I wasn't" protested Charles as he walked closer to Erik. Kurt and Sharon caught Erik's attended and both had asked the same question.
"who is this gentleman?"
Charles smiled a bit and introduced Erik to them.
"this is Erik Lehnsheer, my business partner at work"
"and where do you work?" asked Sharon her hands weaving a slim cloth in the air.
"I work in factories Mrs Xavier" Erik replied and smiled making him feel in place.
"well me and Mr Lehnsheer will be heading to my room now to talk about the business plans for new rail and factories in London's industrial estate"
"well have fun dear, remember the charity ball starts at nine at noon, you could ask Mr Lehnsheer to come if he wants to" called his mother and Charles nodded patting Erik on the back and leading him up on his bedroom.

Charles lead Erik in shutting the door behind him as they settled down. Once the door was closed Charles rushed to Erik and wrapped him tightly into a tight hug, squeezing Erik as tightly as his arms could reach.
"That was close, I'm sorry for that awful introduction," said Charles resting his head on Erik's chest. Erik combed his fingers into Charles' hair as he lifted his chin with a finger kissing him on the lips again.
"you don't need to apologize for my dear, you are fine, you are safe, you have me and I you. I love you, I'll love you forever, now let's get ready for the party, I want you to introduce me to all your friends" said Erik softly. Charles laughed and so do Erik before they kissed again as they prepared for the party that awaited them.