Actions

Work Header

The Price of Love and Redemption

Summary:

When he says something he should not have, Akiya finds out the hard way that redemption takes a lot of work. Both for him and for others.

Notes:

I changed the cause of Isshi's death since we have no idea. I mean no disrespect, however, I liked him just as much as all of you, this was a hard fic to write as a first fan work here. I don't own any of the characters.

Chapter 1: The Fight and First Step

Chapter Text

18.07.2011


"Akiya, please, try to understand! I just want the best for us!" Isshi begged, trying hard not to cry. But the guitarist was glaring at him under the shocked looks of the other bandmembers.

"No, you do not! You only want to be the center of the attention as always, Shinohara!"

"What!? Akiya, I never--"

"Stop lying to yourself, you stupid diva! I hate you!!" Akiya growled and that, made Isshi's tears fall. He couldn't bear to stay any longer than this, he had to breathe. The vocalist just went out of the door, sobbing as he ran to his car.

"Akiya, that was too harsh..." Nao gently chided the younger guitarist.

"Oh come on, Nao, you know that is the truth. He always wants the spotlight on--" Just as the brunette was about to finish his sentence, a loud tire screech and a bang stopped all of them and made them all run to the window.

What awaited them however, horrified all of them. There was Isshi's car, gotten squashed by a truck.

"NO!!!" Shin screamed as Akiya staggered away from the scene only to run to the door with the others. When they arrived, they saw with horror that Isshi was not alive anymore.

19.07.2011


After they had put Isshi to his grave, the remaining members of Kagrra, turned to Akiya who looked not only grief-stricken but also full of guilt.

"You do realize that this is all your fault, right, Akiya?!" Shin said softly, making the younger man flinch and nod miserably.

"Yeah! If you didn't break his heart like that, Isshi would have been alive now!! I hope you're fucking happy, you bastard!!" Izumi added, turning his back to the brunette man.

Then, both Izumi and Shin left, leaving Akiya to his guilt.

"Akiya, it was not your fault, you couldn't have known, my friend..." Nao whispered but Akiya shook his head, too distressed to be able to say anything.

What they both didn't know, however, was a young woman watching them closely as Nao helped the other man to his house. The bassist tried hard to keep Akiya sane. However, the guitarist was hurting so much that it seemed nearly impossible to make him smile again.

"N-Nao... Please, leave... I'm a murderer..." Akiya whispered, silently crying. Nao gasped at that, horrified at how much Akiya believed that.

"Akiya, don't say that! Isshi would've never wanted you to feel that way!" The bassist said, trying to make the guitarist understand that he was in no fault.

But Akiya, unable to face his guilt, suddenly fainted, making Nao panic. The bassist frantically tried to wake the brunette up but Akiya was not gonna wake up easily.

"What do I do?!" Nao whispered, putting his head in his hands in despair. After trying more, the bassist gave up and opted to put the young man into his bed.

Then, he left, wanting to talk to the other two so that they stopped making Akiya even more miserable. But he did not know that by leaving Akiya alone, he had doomed the guitarist.