Actions

Work Header

A Twist in Fate: Nico's Story

Chapter 30: Nico Climbs A Tree!

Notes:

Last Chapter: Itachi, and Kisame camped near a stream. While, Kisame was sleeping, Itachi slipped away to thinks about a few things. Itachi, remembered why he had sex with Luna, and realizes what a huge mistake he made. Itachi's mind was filled with turmoil over the whole situation with Nico. However, just as Itachi, was about to head back to camp, Tobi/Madara arrived and threatened Nico's life. What will happen now?

Chapter Text

Nico, awakens to Kiseki shaking his shoulder.

“Come, on.” Kiseki says. “Time to get up.”

Nico, nods. He slowly gets up and stretches. Nico, then walks over to the stream and gets a drink of water.

Kiseki, looks up at the sky. The sun is just beginning to rise. “We shall begin by foraging.” Kiseki says.

Nico, quickly nods. He follows Kiseki into the forest.

About ten minutes later, the pair spot a bunch of vines climbing up a tree. The vines have a bunch of red berries. The berries remind Nico of raspberries. Nico, carefully examines the berries. He gently feels the leaves.

“These leaves are smooth to the touch, yet they are not shiny.” Nico says. Kiseki, had told Nico, that he should also avoid plants with shiny leaves.

Nico, then, feels the edges of the leaves.

“The leaves have smooth and rounded edges.” Nico says. Nico, takes a deep breath.

“More than likely...these berries are edible.” Nico says. “However, just to be on the safe side...I should probably try one.”

Nico, carefully, picks a berry off of one of the vines. Nico, pops the berry in his mouth and slowly chews. After a few minutes, Nico, swallows. He nods to himself, satisfied.

“These berries taste sweet, with just a little bit of tartness.” Nico says. “However, a little tartness is ok, as long as they are not bitter.” Nico, looks up at Kiseki, for confirmation. Kiseki nods.

“Yes, these berries are edible.” Kiseki says. “Great job. You remembered everything that I told you!”

“Thank you.” Nico says.

Nico and Kiseki soon begin plucking berries off of the vines.

**************************

Amaya, steps out of the bathroom. She heads back towards the bedroom. Takara, is up and has just put her bedding away into the closet. She looks at Amaya, whom nods. Takara, then steps out of the room to use the bathroom. Amaya, gets to work, packing her bedding away. After that, she steps behind a moveable screen to get dressed.

After Amaya, is dressed, Takara, comes back into the room. The two young women, check to make sure that Amaya’s younger sister and cousin are still asleep. The two children, are still sound asleep on their futons. The two young women step out of the room. Amaya and Takara quietly walk into the kitchen. Taki is already up. She is getting things ready to prepare breakfast. Taki, looks to her younger sister, and sister-in-law. She just nods.

Little baby Akito, is in a baby sling, strapped to Taki. Baby Akito coos and giggles.

All of the sudden, Hajime, Amaya and Takara’s seven and a half year old nephew, enters the kitchen. Hajime, is a mini version of Aizen. The only difference is that Hajime, has Taki’s apple green colored eyes. Hajime, has always been an early riser.

“Morning mama!” Hajime says. “Morning Aunt Amaya, morning Aunt Takara!”

“Good, morning.” All three women say at the same time. Taki, then, hands baby Akito and the sling to Hajime.

“Can you hold your brother while your aunts and I make breakfast?” Taki asks Hajime.

“Yes!” Hajime says with a bright smile. Hajime, leaves the kitchen to go sit on the veranda.

Taki, Amaya, and Takara, all get down to business. Taki, starts measuring rice, to make rice porridge. Takara, and Amaya head outside. Takara, goes to pick some greens to make steamed vegetables. Amaya, heads over to the chicken coop to get some eggs.

Amaya, opens the door to the chicken coop. The chickens all walk out lazily. Amaya, then quickly opens up the nest boxes. Amaya, carefully picks up each egg that she finds and places them into her basket. When she is done, Amaya, closes the coop. Amaya, then heads inside. Taki, has a pot of water ready. Amaya, checks all of the eggs for dirty spots before putting them into the pot. Amaya, turns on the stove. Taki, pours some rice into another pot. Taki, pours water over the rice and sets the lid on the pot. She turns the burner on for that pot.

Takara, comes back in with a basket filled with greens. Takara and Taki, carefully wash the greens. While the two of them are chopping up the greens, Amaya, goes to wake up the rest of the household.

Amaya, first passes by the room that her grandmother used to sleep in. Amaya, sighs. Amaya, then heads to Tarou’s, room across the hall. Amaya, carefully opens the door, a little bit. Amaya, sticks her head in. Tarou, snores slightly as he lays on his futon.

“Tarou, it’s time to get up.” Amaya says. Tarou, grunts as he opens his eyes.

“Such a long night.” Tarou mutters. “I hope that I am not too tired today.”

Amaya, closes the door. After, the attack, seven years ago, Tarou, Takara, and little Takuma, moved in with Amaya and her family. Tarou, was severely depressed over the loss of his wife and two older sons. Everyone knew that young fourteen year old Takara, would not be able to handle taking care of a household and look after a severely depressed father, and a baby boy. So, Rina, invited the three of them to live with her family, so that Taki, could help them. Besides that, the two families living together saved resources, since the village didn’t have to build a separate house for Takara’s family.

Amaya, sighs as she heads over to Aizen and Taki’s room. She sure hopes that Aizen, will be in a good mood today.

***********************

Jiraiya, slowly sips his tea. He is at a restaurant in a town close to the Kirai’s valley.

A pretty young waitress brings Jiraiya his food. Jiraiya, gives her a cheeky smile.

“Thank, you...beautiful.” Jiraiya says.

The waitress, doesn’t respond. She just quickly walks away. Jiraiya, sighs.

Oh, well. Jiraiya thinks to himself. Sometimes, I wonder why I even try.

Jiraiya, slowly begins to eat his breakfast. As he does, he occasionally looks in the direction where the Kirai’s valley is.

I sure hope that the Kirai clan doesn’t mind talking to me about the Akatsuki. Jiraiya thinks to himself as he eats.

***********************

The sun is in its seven O’clock position. Kiseki and Nico are sitting in a meadow. Kiseki and Nico, have just finished their foraging session.

“Alright.” Kiseki, says. “I want you to do a quick practice session with chakra control. Then, run a few laps. I have decided to teach you a new skill. Think of the chakra control session and laps as a warmup.”

A new skill! Nico thinks excitedly to himself. Nico, quickly nods. He quickly crosses his legs and makes the hand sign for chakra control. Nico, closes his eyes and begins to concentrate.

***************************

Amaya, rinses off a plate at the sink. At the other end of the sink, Taki, washes dishes in soapy water. Takara, takes dishes from Amaya, and dries them with a clean towel. Takara, neatly stacks plates and bowls next to her.

In the entryway, Aizen and Tarou are making sure that the children are ready.

Aizen, looks Hajime in the eye. “Be good for your mother and babysitters.” Aizen says.

Little Hajime, holds baby Akito in his arms. “Yes, papa.” Hajime says.

Aizen then looks at Yuri, Mio and little Kisho. “That goes for the three of you as well!” Aizen says.

“Yes, big brother.” Yuri says simply. She is now nine years old.

“Yes, Aizen.” Mio and Kisho say together. Mio is also nine years old. Mio, has light blue eyes and long caramel colored hair. Kisho, is seven and a half years old. Kisho, has short black hair and dark blue eyes.

Aizen, then looks at Arashi and Arata. “The two of you be careful while hunting.” Aizen says.

“Yes, Aizen.” The two boys say together. Arashi and Arata are both ten years old. The two boys are practically identical, except for their eyes. Arashi, has blue eyes. Arata, has amber colored eyes.

Tarou, looks at Takuma. “Be good for Taki and the babysitters, alright.” Tarou says sternly.

“Yes, papa.” Takuma says. Takuma, is seven and a half years old. Takuma, is a mini version of Tarou, except for his eyes. Takuma, has dark pine green eyes. Takuma, inherited his eye color from his mother, Reika.

Taki, Amaya, and Takara, are all done with the breakfast dishes. The three of them, grab their cloaks.

“It looks as if we are all ready now.” Tarou says. “Let’s go.”

Everyone exits the house. Taki, and Aizen share a passionate kiss, before Taki, leads the children towards the southern end of the village. Aizen, Tarou, Amaya, and Takara, begin walking towards the western end of the village.

***********************

Jiraiya, walks down the road. As he does, he thinks of how he should approach the Kirai Clan.

Ryuu, didn’t mention how the Kirai’s act around outsiders. Jiraiya thinks to himself. I may need to be careful. They may act very hostile towards me.

Jiraiya, sighs as he reaches the spot where him and Ryuu met last night. The spot where Ryuu first told Jiraiya about the Kirai Clan.

Jiraiya, looks towards the mountain range where the Kirai’s valley is supposed to be. Jiraiya, quickly deduces that it is a ten minute walk. Jiraiya sighs again.

Here goes nothing. Jiraiya thinks to himself. He starts walking towards the Kirai’s valley.

*************************

The sun is in its eight O’clock position. Nico, is running laps. Kiseki, tells Nico to stop. Nico, stops.

“Very good.” Kiseki says. “Now, we shall begin with the jutsu that I want to teach you.”

Nico, nods. Kiseki, points to a tree.

“You told me that the two rogue ninja who chased you, appeared in a tree, with no explanation.” Kiseki says.

Nico, nods. “That is correct!” Nico says.

Kiseki, then points to his feet. “Shinobi,” Kiseki begins. “Focus chakra to the bottoms of their feet to help them climb trees.”

Nico’s eyes widen. “Really?” Nico asks.

Kiseki, nods. “This jutsu requires good chakra control.” Kiseki says. “I believe that you can do it. What you need to do first is focus your chakra to the bottoms of your feet.”

“...Alright…,” Nico says. Nico, makes the hand sign for chakra control again. Nico, imagines his chakra flowing down to his feet.

“Now,” Kiseki says. “Run at the tree and put one of your feet on it. Then, climb it without using your hands.”

Nico, narrows his eyes. Here goes nothing! Nico thinks to himself.

Nico, takes a deep breath and gets ready to run at the tree. However, Kiseki stops him momentarily.

“Hold, on.” Kiseki says. Kiseki, hands Nico, a kunai knife. “When, you feel like you can’t climb the tree anymore, slash the tree with that, and mark your spot. The goal is to get to the top of the tree.”

Nico, carefully holds the kunai knife in his hand. “Ok.” Nico says. Nico, turns and runs at the tree. Nico, begins climbing the tree. He is halfway to the top, when he feels himself slipping. Nico, carefully marks his spot. Nico, then jumps down.

“Good!” Kiseki says. “Try again!”

Nico, takes another deep breath. He climbs the tree again.

*************************

Amaya, Takara, Katara, and Yuzuki all watch as the elders try to locate Nico again. Everyone has gathered around the well for a morning session of trying to find Nico.

The elder, who is performing the, interdimensional tracking jutsu, collapses. People rush to help the elder up. Everyone groans.

“We are done for right now.” Korra says with sigh. “We shall resume at noon.”

Everyone nods. Many of the people gathered around the well scatter to do chores. However, Korra, gestures for the girls to come to her. Amaya, Takara, Katara, and Yuzuki all walk up to Korra. Amaya, notices that Atsuko, has taken Aizen aside.

“The other elders and I are going to go over some things about leading the village with Aizen.” Korra says. “Here is what I want the four of you to do in the meantime.”

Korra looks at Yuzuki first. “The jutsu to open a dimensional rift requires a great deal of chakra control.” Korra says. “Practice controlling your chakra for awhile.”

Yuzuki nods. Korra then looks at Amaya, Takara, and Katara.

“The three of you will also practice controlling your chakra.” Korra says. “However, there is also something special to do. When you are first learning the sharing memories jutsu, the jutsu works best with emotional memories. I want the three of you to think about a specific memory. It can be either the happiest or saddest memory you have.”

Amaya, Takara, and Katara, all look at one another, then at Korra They nod in understanding.

“Good.” Korra says. She walks away.

Amaya, Takara, Katara, and Yuzuki, all look at each other.

“Where should we go to do this?” Takara asks.

“I reckon that we should pick a very peaceful spot.” Katara says.

“Well…,” Amaya says. “There is the meadow with the pond and stream.”

“Good idea.” Yuzuki says.

The four young women, head down the path towards the meadow. About ten minutes later, the four young women arrive at the meadow. They all sit down and make the hand sign for chakra control. They close their eyes and begin concentrating.

***********************

Jiraiya, steps out of the forest. He walks up to the rock wall.

Well...I finally reached the mountains. Jiraiya, thinks to himself. Now, I just need to find a way into the valley. Jiraiya, looks around. He sighs.

I guess that I should scan the perimeter and try to find an entrance. Jiraiya thinks to himself.

Jiraiya, gets ready to walk around the perimeter, when he senses two chakra signatures nearby. Jiraiya, narrows his eyes. Jiraiya, quickly hides himself in the trees.

Out behind a boulder, emerge two boys, around ten years old. It is Arashi and Arata.

“Arashi…,” Arata says nervously. “You know that we are not supposed to go outside the valley.”

Arashi, just scoffs. “Come on, Arata.” Arashi says. “We have been outside the valley before!”

“Yes, but we were with adults!” Arata says, trying to argue with Arashi’s statement.

Arashi, scoffs again. “We are not babies!” Arashi says. “We can take care of ourselves!”

Jiraiya, narrows his eyes at the two boys. They must be from the Kirai Clan! Jiraiya thinks to himself. Or, at least they are from the Kirai Clan’s village. Jiraiya then notices that the two boys are carrying bows and arrows.

“We searched all inside the valley, but couldn’t find anything to hunt.” Arashi says to Arata. “I don’t want to come home empty handed!”

Arata, sighs. “Ok,” Arata says. “But, I am gonna blame you when we get in trouble.”

“The adults don’t have to know we went outside the valley.” Arashi says. “Now, come on!”

Arata, sighs and slowly follows his brother into the forest. Jiraiya, watches from the trees. He gets an idea.

If I follow them, Jiraiya thinks to himself. They will eventually lead me to the entrance into the valley.

Jiraiya, quietly follows Arashi and Arata into the forest.

***********************

The sun is in its ten O’clock position. Nico, continues to climb the tree. Many marks are slashed into the tree. Nico, looks up at the sky.

I have been at it for two hours already. Nico thinks to himself. Sweat runs down his face. However, he just shakes his head. Nico, looks at the slashes on the tree. The latest slash is just three quarters from the top.

You are almost there! Nico inwardly tells himself. Don’t give up now.

Nico, takes another deep breath and climbs the tree again.

***************************

Amaya, opens her eyes. She looks up at the sky. The sun is just past the ten O’clock position.

We have been controlling our chakra for two hours. Amaya thinks to herself. Amaya, then notices that her friends have opened their eyes as well.

“Wow!” Yuzuki says. “We controlled our chakra for two hours straight!”

Katara, looks towards the plateau, where the well is. “I wonder if they are ready for us yet.” Katara says.

“Only one way to find out.” Amaya says. “Come, on!”

Amaya, Takara, Katara, and Yuzuki all get up and start walking back towards the well.

*********************

Jiraiya, carefully watches Arashi and Arata, drag the carcass of a deer. Jiraiya, has been watching the boys for two hours.

“Such a big deer.” Arashi says. “I am sure that everyone will be happy.”

“I hope so.” Arata says. “Maybe, this make up for us going outside the valley to hunt without permission”

“Hey!” Arashi says. “I already told you. The adults don’t have to find out where we got the deer!”

Arata, sighs. “I think that they will figure it out.” Arata says. “There are no deer as big as this inside the valley.”

Arashi, scoffs. “Stop being such a baby.” Arashi says. “Now, come on!”

Arashi and Arata eventually arrive at the mouth of a cave. Jiraiya, watches carefully from the trees.

So, Jiraiya thinks to himself. The entrance into the Kirai Clan’s valley is a cave. Interesting.

Arashi and Arata prepare to drag the deer inside the cave. However, Arata freezes.

“What’s wrong?” Arashi asks his twin, annoyed.

“It...it feels like someone is watching us.” Arata says with apprehension.

“Stop being a baby!” Arashi says. “Just help me carry this deer through the cave!”

Arata, and Arashi start carrying the deer into the cave. Jiraiya, watches from the trees.

Oh, great. Jiraiya thinks. One of the boys can sense me. I will have to be very careful, as not be seen.

Jiraiya, carefully exits the forest and silently enters the cave.

*********************

The sun is in its eleven O’clock position. Nico, is still trying to climb the tree. He is almost to the top.

Sweat pours down Nico’s face. He breathes heavily.

Just a little more. Nico tells inwardly tells himself. You can do it.

Nico, takes another deep breath. He runs up the tree again. This time, Nico, reaches the highest tree branch. Nico, climbs up onto the tree branch.

“Great job!” Kiseki yells from the ground. “You did it!”

Nico, smiles. He is so proud of himself.

“Stay up there for a few minutes and rest before you try to climb back down.” Kiseki says.

Nico, nods. He sits on the tree branch and breathes heavily.

************************

Amaya, and her friends watch as Korra and the other elders finish telling Aizen about how to be a good leader. When they are done, they turn their attention to the four young women.

“Now,” Korra says. “It is time for the four of you to begin your training.”

One of Yuzuki’s uncles walks up to Yuzuki. He takes her to the side.

Korra, then shows Amaya, Takara, and Katara a hand sign.

“Practice making this hand sign.” Korra says. Amaya, Takara, and Yuzuki all make the hand sign.

“Good!” Korra says. “Practice making the hand sign for a few minutes.”

Yuzuki’s uncle, looks Yuzuki in the eye.

“Now…,” Yuzuki’s uncle says. He makes a hand sign. “Practice forming this hand sign for a few minutes.”

Yuzuki nods. She forms the hand sign.

***************************

Arashi and Arata continue to drag the deer. They have made it out of the cave. Arata huffs as he struggles to drag the deer.

“You are such a baby.” Arashi says with annoyance.

“I am tired!” Arata says.

Arashi, scoffs. He rolls his eyes.

All of the sudden, a voice catches their attention.

“ARASHI!” The voice yells. “ARATA!”

The boys turn. Taki, comes walking up to them. The two boys then realize that the path they chose goes by the babysitting house. Oops.

Taki, eyes the deer. Baby Akito, is in his sling. Other women and teenage girls just watch from the babysitting house. All of the children, that the women and girls were watching stop playing.

Taki, narrows her eyes. “Arashi,” Taki says with a deathly tone of voice. “Arata. Where did you get that deer? I have never seen such a big deer in the valley.”

Arashi, tries to think of an explanation. However, Arata’s quilty face tells Taki everything.

“The two of you went outside the valley without permission didn’t you?” Taki asks.

Arata, holds his head down. Arata, slowly nods his head. “It was Arashi’s idea.” Arata says.

“We couldn’t find anything to hunt inside the valley!” Arashi says. “I...I didn’t want us to come home empty handed.”

Taki, sighs. “I can understand wanting to make sure that you didn’t come home empty handed.” Taki says. “However…,we have been over this before. Going outside the valley without an adult is dangerous!”

“But we are not babies anymore.” Arashi says. “We are big enough to take care of ourselves!”

Taki, places a hand on Arashi’s shoulder. “Arashi…,” Taki says. “You and Arata are still too young to go outside the valley without an adult.”

Arashi, hold his head down.

Yuri, Mio, Kisho, Hajime, and Takuma all watch the scene with the other women, children, and teenage girls.

Yuri and Mio’s friend, a little girl from the Fujioka clan, looks at Yuri and Mio.

“I think that your cousins are in trouble.” The girl says.

“Yes…,” Yuri says simply. “Yes, they are.”

“Indeed.” Mio says.

Kisho and Hajime’s friend, a little boy from the Mori Clan, turns to them.

“Kisho, I think that your cousins are in trouble.” The boy says.

“I think so too.” Kisho says.

Hajime’s best friend, a boy from the Kita Clan, turns to Hajime.

“Hajime,” The boy says. “It sounds like your papa’s cousins are in trouble.”

Hajime, just nods his head sadly. “Yes, they are.” Hajime says. “Papa, is not going to be happy.”

Takuma’s friend, a little boy from the Yamauchi clan, looks at Takuma.

“Your big sister seems to be very upset with Arashi and Arata.” Takuma’s friend says.

Takuma, nods. “Yes, she is very upset.” Takuma says.

Taki, sighs. “I will have to tell Aizen about this.” Taki says. She looks down at Arashi and Arata. “Come with me.”

Taki, turns to say something to the other women, when loud barking breaks the silence.

************************

Jiraiya, watches the scene from the trees.

That woman is very upset over those boys leaving the valley without adults. Jiraiya thinks to himself. That must mean this village is very cautious about going outside the valley.

Jiraiya, close his eyes. This also means that they probably don’t like outsiders. Jiraiya thinks to himself. I will have to be very careful about how I approach them. They may freak out when they realize that an outsider has infiltrated their home.

Jiraiya, blinks. As he tries to think of a way to introduce himself without the villagers freaking out, a menacing growl comes from behind him. Jiraiya, sweat drops. He slowly turns, and sees a very large and angry looking dog growling at him. The dog soon starts barking very loudly. Before Jiraiya knows it, more dogs surround him.

***********************

Nico, slowly climbs down the tree.

“Good.” Kiseki says. Kiseki, then looks up at the sky. The sun is almost in its noon position.

“We shall take a little break,” Kiseki says. “Before, I show you the next jutsu that I want to teach you.”

Nico, nods slowly. Nico, quickly walks over to a stream to get a well deserved drink. After that, Nico, sits down by Kiseki. Kiseki, reaches into his bag. He takes out some apples that him and Nico had picked from a tree while they were foraging.

Nico, hungerily bites into his apple. Nico, savors each juicy bite.

*************************

Amaya, Takara, Katara, and Yuzuki have been forming hand signs for nearly twenty minutes.

“Good.” Korra says to Amaya, Takara, and Katara. “It is now time for the three of you to add chakra in order to form the jutsu.”

Yuzuki’s uncle, looks at Yuzuki. “We will form this jutsu in an empty area.” Yuzuki’s uncle says. “We don’t want anyone to accidentally get sent to another dimension!”

Yuzuki, nods in understanding. She turns to watch her friends try out their jutsu.

“Now,” Korra says. “Form the hand sign and focus your chakra. Then, look me right in the eyes. Think of the memory you have chosen to show me. Think solely of that!”

Korra, turns to Katara first. “The only way for me to truly know if all of you are doing this correctly is for each of you to show me your memory one at a time.” Korra says. “Katara, you shall go first.”

“Ok…,” Katara says slowly. She forms the hand sign and focuses her chakra. Katara, looks her grandmother in the eyes. She begins to concentrate. Katara, thinks of her chosen memory.

Katara, is five years old. She is playing with her friends in the meadow, back in their birth village. The five girls laugh and giggle as they play.

Luna, spots a butterfly sitting on a flower. Luna, carefully puts her hand down, so that the butterfly crawls onto her hand. Her friends all look in awe at the butterfly in Luna’s hand.

Katara, ends her memory. Korra, smiles. “Good.” Korra says. “I saw your memory as clear as day.”

“You did…?” Katara asks with a blush.

Korra, nods. She then turns to Takara. “Takara,” Korra says. “You’re next.”

“Alright.” Takara says. She forms the hand sign and focuses her chakra. Takara, looks Korra in the eyes and concentrates. She thinks of her chosen memory.

Takara, is six years old. She is stargazing with her friends. All of the girls laugh and giggle.

“Look!” Little Luna says. “Those stars look like a kitty!”

All five girls laugh.

Takara, ends her memory.

Korra, nods. “Good job.” Korra says. “I saw your memory as clear as day.”

Takara, blushes. Korra, then turns to Amaya. “Your turn, Amaya.” Korra says.

Amaya, close her eyes. Amaya, takes a deep breath. Amaya, then opens her eyes. Amaya, forms the hand sign. She concentrates her chakra and looks Korra, in the eye. Amaya, thinks of her chosen memory.

Amaya, is four years old. She is in the meadow, back her birth village. This is the day that she met, Luna.  

“So pretty!” Little Amaya says to herself. She carefully begins walking around the meadow. Suddenly, Little Amaya, hears giggling. Little Amaya looks around. She then sees the source of the giggling.

On one side of the meadow, a small girl around Amaya’s age, is running and giggling. The girl has olive skin, dark hair, and dark eyes. The little girl is trying to catch a butterfly.

“Such a pretty butterfly!” Little Amaya hears the little girl say. “Come back! I just want to get a closer look at you!”

The little girl gets closer and closer to little Amaya. The little girl is so focused on trying to catch the butterfly she doesn’t notice Little Amaya standing there. The little girl cups her hands together and manages to catch the butterfly. The little girl ends up stopping a few feet away from little Amaya. The little girl giggles with delight. She soon opens up her hands to reveal the butterfly sitting in the palm of her hands. The butterfly gently flaps its wings. The little girl giggles with delight again. However, she ends up noticing little Amaya. The little girl gasps.

“...Hello…,” The little girl says tentatively. “Who are you?”

“My name is Amaya Kirai.” Little Amaya says.

“Oh,” The little girl says. “I am also from the Kirai Clan. My name is Luna Kirai.”

“How did you find this meadow?” Little Amaya asks little Luna. Little luna shrugs.

“I was just exploring the forest when I found it.” Little Luna says.

“You like butterflies.” Little Amaya says. “I like butterflies too!”

Little Luna, smiles. “You do!” Little Luna says. “Do you like flowers?”

Little Amaya, smiles. “Oh, yes!” Little Amaya says. “I love flowers!”

Amaya, blinks as the memory fades. She holds back tears. This memory is a happy memory. However…,at the same time...it makes her sad.

Korra, smiles. “Great job.” Korra says. “I saw that memory as clear as day.”

Amaya, manages a smile. “Thank you.” Amaya says.

Korra, prepares to say something else, when all of the sudden, loud barking comes from the southern end of the village. Everyone turns and looks in that direction, confused.

“That sounds like Tai!” Yuzuki’s uncle says.

Tai, is Yori’s son. Tai, became the leader of the dog pack after Yori’s death. Tai, looks almost exactly like Yori, except for a few differences. Yori, had yellow brown eyes. Tai, has blue eyes. Tai, has gray markings where his white fur meets his black fur. Tai, is also a very big dog, just like Yori was. Tai, also has the same fierceness and protectiveness that Yori had.

“There is only one reason that Tai, would bark like that.” Korra says with a deathly tone of voice. “There must be a stranger in the valley.”

Everyone gasps. Aizen, suddenly gasps with horror. The babysitting house is at that end of the village.

“The babysitting house is at that end of the village!” Aizen says with alarm.

Everyone gasps again.

“What do we do?” Yuzuki asks.

Korra, looks at Aizen. “Aizen, this is your first test as a village leader.” Korra says. “A village leader always goes to see what is wrong, when there is a disturbance. If there is an intruder, you must confront them!”

Aizen’s eyes widen. He then closes his eyes. “I understand.” Aizen says. He opens his eyes. He turns to an elderly man.

“Go round up the rest of the village men!” Aizen says with authority. “If there are multiple intruders then I must have back up!”

“Of course!” The elderly man says. He runs down the path. Aizen, turns to everyone else.

“Everyone follow me!” Aizen says.

Amaya, and everyone else follow Aizen down the steps.

*************************

Jiraiya, steps back as the village dogs growl and snap at him. The one that first growled at him is a huge black dog. The dog has a white muzzle, white tipped ears, white paws, and a white tipped tail. Where the white fur meets the black fur, there are gray markings. The dog also has blue eyes. The dog growls fiercely at Jiraiya. The other dogs growl as well.

Jiraiya, holds out his hands in front of his face. I sure wish that Ryuu had told me about the Kirai Clan, having guard dogs. Jiraiya thinks to himself.

“Nice dogs.” Jiraiya says. “Nice dogs.”

The dogs just continue to growl at Jiraiya. Jiraiya, then realizes that the dogs have forced him out of his hiding spot in the forest. The women and children are now looking at Jiraiya, with dumbfounded looks.

“Please,” Jiraiya says. “Call off your dogs. I don’t mean you any harm.”

All of the women just stand there. A few of them get the children behind them.

They don’t believe me! Jiraiya thinks to himself with alarm.

************************

Taki, does not know what to make of this mysterious man. She isn’t sure if she can believe his claim that he doesn’t mean them any harm.

Taki, takes a deep breath.

“Who are you?” Taki asks the strange man. “How did you even get inside the valley?”

The strange man, blinks. “I...came in through a cave.” The strange man says.

Arata, gasps. He looks at Arashi. Arashi’s eyes are wide.

“I told you that someone was watching us, and you didn’t believe me!” Arata says. “Now look at what has happened! We showed a stranger how to find the village!”

Arashi, looks down, ashamed. Arata, has tears in his eyes.

All of the sudden, Aizen’s voice can be heard. Taki, turns to see Aizen, running up to them. Many others follow him. Among them are Amaya, Takara, and Tarou.

“AIZEN!” Taki yells out. She is so relieved to see her husband.

“Taki!” Aizen says as he hugs Taki gently, being careful not to squish Akito. “Are you alright?”

“Yes.” Taki says simply. “But a strange man has found his way into the village!”  

Aizen, gasps, when he sees the strange man. Aizen, then notices Arata and Arashi’s faces. Aizen, notices the deer, and puts the pieces together. Aizen, frowns.

“Boys.” Aizen says sternly. “The two of you went outside the valley to hunt, didn’t you?”

“It was Arashi’s idea.” Arata says. “The whole time, I felt that someone was watching us, but Arashi didn’t believe me. The strange man followed us in here!”

Aizen, gasps. He just sighs.

“We will talk about this later.” Aizen says. “Now, just get behind me, while I talk to this stranger.”

Arata, and Arashi quickly comply. They get behind Aizen, and Taki. Aizen, takes a few steps forward.

****************************

Jiraiya, watches as the brown haired man, Aizen, steps forward. Jiraiya, carefully looks at the the faces of the villagers who arrived with Aizen. All of said villagers, look very unhappy to see Jiraiya.

Just as I suspected. Jiraiya thinks to himself. This village does not like outsiders.

“Who are you?” Aizen asks.

Jiraiya, gulps. Just play it cool, Jiraiya thinks to himself. He looks down at the dogs. One wrong move, and this guy could sick these dogs on me!

“Excuse me,” Aizen says with an annoyed voice. “I asked you a question, Sir. Who are you?”

Jiraiya, takes a deep breath. Here goes nothing. Jiraiya thinks to himself. I just hope that they are willing to tell me about the Akatsuki.

Jiraiya inwardly cringes. I also hope that they don’t sick these dogs on me either! Jiraiya thinks to himself.

Jiraiya, sighs as he gets ready to explain himself, and the very reason that he is here.