Actions

Work Header

A Twist in Fate: Nico's Story

Chapter 14: The Akatsuki's Search!

Notes:

Last Chapter: Kiseki offered to teach Nico chakra control, jutsu, and how to survive, which Nico graciously accepted! Nico and Kiseki then went to a nearby town and left the baby at a nice looking orphanage. Kiseki and Nico then set up camp in a nearby forest. Kiseki promised to start Nico's training bright and early before they went to sleep. Jarou watched the duo sleep through a special jutsu using a pool of water. Jarou was glad that Nico had found a friend, but was concerned over the Akatsuki, since they had found out about Nico! What will happen now?

Chapter Text

Pain stands outside the base. Rain pours down around him. All of the sudden Konan appears.

“I am sorry, Pain!” Konan says. “I couldn’t find any trace of the boy in the Land of Fire!”

Pain sighs. “Don’t worry about it!” Pain says. “I think we all knew that this would not be an easy task! However, I am sure that we will find him eventually!”

Konan nods in agreement.

“Lets go inside.” Pain says. He turns to go inside the base. Konan quietly follows him.

Once inside the two Akatsuki members head toward a small room with a sofa. Pain sits down on the sofa.

“Pain, I was just thinking about something.” Konan says. “The boy is so young. According to the informant he barely know how to use his powers. The boy doesn’t even know any jutsu. Someone will have to train him!”

Pain narrows his eyes. “I suppose that you are right!” Pain says. “However, he has the potential to become a valuable asset! He will eventually learn about his powers! The informant said that demigods learn how to use their powers through trial and error!”

Pain closes his eyes. “If we can teach him jutsu then he will be an even greater asset!” Pain says. “He has Uchiha blood! The boy has the blood of the best!”

Konan closes her eyes. “Who shall train the boy once we find him?” Konan asks.

“Itachi of course!” Pain says. “The boy is his grandson afterall! The boy is his responsibility!”

Konan narrows her eyes. “Itachi didn’t seem to be very thrilled when he learned of the boy’s existence!” Konan says. “Do you think that he would be willing to train the boy?”

“I am sure that he would train the boy if I told him to!” Pain says. “Especially if the boy has sharingan!”

Konan sighs. “Whatever you say!” Konan says. “However, I don’t think that it will be very simple! The boy may refuse to cooperate, due to his fear of Itachi!”

Pain narrows his eyes. “Then we will force him to cooperate!” Pain says.

All of the sudden a human sized venus flytrap emerges from a wall. The venus flytrap opens up to reveal a man. The man’s face is divided into black and white halves. His hair is green and his eyes are yellow.

“I am sorry Leader!” The black half of the man’s face says. “We could not find the boy anywhere!”

“We could not find a single trace of him!” The white half of the man’s face says.

“That’s alright, Zetsu!” Pain says. “I knew that this would not be an easy task! Just keep looking!”

“Yes, Leader-sama!” The man, Zetsu says. The venus flytrap closes. The venus flytrap then disappears back into the wall.

********************************

Two Akatsuki members walk through a forest. The first Akatsuki member has grayish silvery hair and lavender colored eyes. He has a three bladed scythe strapped to his back. The second Akatsuki member wears a full head mask that only shows his eyes and part of his face. His skin is tanned and his eyes are green with red sclera.

“Where is our assigned Jinchuriki supposed to be located again?” The gray haired man asks.

“Well, Hidan…,” The green eyed Akatsuki member says. “Our target is Yugito Nii. She is the host of the two tails. She is a kunoichi from Kumogakure.”

The gray haired man, Hidan, shrugs his shoulders. “Whatever, Kakuzu!” Hidan says. “I just want to find our host and get it over with!”

The green eyed man, Kakuzu, eyes Hidan with annoyance. “Remember, Hidan!” Kakuzu says. “We still have to find Itachi’s grandson as well!”

Hidan’s eyes widen. “Oh, yeah!” Hidan says. “I almost forgot about that!”

After a few minutes Hidan lets out a small laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Kakuzu asks.

“Itachi’s only in his twenties but he’s already a grandpa!” Hidan says laughing. “It’s just hilarious!”

Kakuzu’s eyes narrow. However, he lets out a small laugh as well. “I know!” Kakuzu says. “It’s just crazy!”

The two men then share a laugh.

“I sure hope the kid won’t be too difficult to catch!” Hidan says.

“I hope so as well!” Kakuzu says. “However, the kid is more than likely going to run away when we find him!”

Hidan just grins. “Then we will chase him!” Hidan says.

**********************************

A blond haired man wearing an Akatsuki cloak walks through a forest. His bang of blond hair covers one of his blue eyes. The child like Akatsuki member, Tobi, runs up to the blond haired Akatsuki member.

“DEIDARA SENPAI!” Tobi yells. “I CAN’T WAIT TO FIND ITACHI’S GRANDSON! IF I CAPTURE HIM LEADER WILL BE SO IMPRESSED!”

“SHUT UP, TOBI!” The blond haired man, Deidara yells. “I CAN’T HEAR MYSELF THINK!”

Tobi sighs sadly. “Sorry, Senpai!” Tobi says.

Deidara huffs. “I hate the kid!” Deidara says. “He can die for all I care!”

Tobi gasps. “That’s mean, Senpai!” Tobi says.

“I actually wouldn’t mind blowing the kid into a million pieces with my art!” Deidara says. He looks at one of his hands and grins evilly.

Tobi gasps again. “BLOW ITACHI’S GRANDSON INTO A MILLION PIECES!” Tobi yells. “THAT’S VERY MEAN, SENPAI!”

“Who cares if that is mean!” Deidara says. “I hate the kid!”

“I don’t think that Itachi would appreciate you blowing up his grandson!” Tobi says.

“I don’t care!” Deidara says. “I hate Itachi! It’s because of him that I am in the Akatsuki! He also made my ‘art’ look bad!”

Tobi just sighs. The two Akatsuki members quietly walk through the forest.

******************************

Zetsu’s venus flytrap emerges from a tree. The venus flytrap opens up to reveal Zetsu. The surrounding forest is quiet and peaceful.

“I just hope that we find the kid soon!” White Zetsu says. “I am tired of looking for him!”

“I agree!” Black Zetsu says. “Looking for him is tiresome! However, we are in no position to disobey Leader-sama!”

“I suppose you are right!” White Zetsu says. After a few minutes the White Zetsu’s eye looks over at Black Zetsu.

“What is the matter?” White Zetsu asks. “You seem to be thinking about something!”

“I was just wondering what a demigod is supposed to taste like!” Black Zetsu says.

“Whatever do you mean?” White Zetsu asks.

“We have never had demigod before!” Black Zetsu says.

“No, we have not!” White Zetsu says, agreeing. “But what makes you want to try one?”

“Monsters in the boy’s world seem to enjoy eating demigods!” Black Zetsu says. “They must taste very good!”

“I am sure that a demigod would taste very good!” White Zetsu says. “However, I don’t think that demigods would be easy to find here!”

“Itachi’s grandson is a demigod!” Black Zetsu says. “I wonder what he would taste like?”

“We cannot eat Itachi’s grandson!” White Zetsu says, annoyed.

“Why not?” Black Zetsu asks.

“It will defeat the very purpose of trying to capture him!” White Zetsu says. “Leader-sama wants to use the boy’s powers to help achieve the Akatsuki’s goals!”

“I don’t think that the Akatsuki needs the boy to achieve its goals.” Black Zetsu says.

“Well, Leader-sama thinks that the boy can be useful!” White Zetsu says. “Eating the boy is disobeying leader-sama!”

“If we find him before anyone else no one will know!” Black Zetsu says. “We make sure to leave no evidence then no one will know what happened to him!”

“If we don’t find him first then someone will bring him back to base.” White Zetsu says. “If the boy mysteriously disappears then everyone else will suspect us, especially if we were the last one’s seen with him!”

“How do you know that everyone else will suspect us?” Black Zetsu asks.

“I just do!” White Zetsu says. “I can already picture Leader-sama face if we were to eat the boy! I can picture Itachi’s as well! I am sure that Itachi would not appreciate us eating his grandson!”

“Itachi acted like he didn’t even care about the boy when leader-sama told us about his existence!” Black Zetsu says. “He may not even mind if we ate the boy!”

White Zetsu and Black Zetsu continue to argue in the tree.

******************************

Itachi and Kisame stand in a small clearing at the edge of a forest. They are both looking out over a ravine with a river at the bottom.

“I am tired!” Kisame says. “We have been looking for the boy for nearly two days!”

“Looking for him has been troublesome!” Itachi says in his monotone voice. “I can’t believe that he got so far in such a short amount of time!”

“Well,” Kisame says with a grin on his face. “He is your grandson afterall. He must have inherited your speed!”

Kisame then chuckles lightly to himself. “It’s so funny to think that you killed your entire clan, but you are a grandpa now!” Kisame says. “It’s just so hilarious!”

However, Kisame notices Itachi glaring at him. Kisame frowns.

“What?” Kisame asks. “You don’t find this hilarious at all?”

“No!” Itachi says in his monotone voice.

Kisame looks away for a moment. “Look!” Kisame says. “I am not calling you old or anything! The situation is just so….unique!”

Itachi just looks at Kisame emotionlessly. Kisame frowns.

“It’s a shame what happened to your daughter and granddaughter!” Kisame says. “If your daughter had lived then the boy probably wouldn’t have been sent to our world! He probably would have grown up along with your granddaughter! The two of them probably would have probably had children and grandchildren!”

Kisame then grins. “Then you would be a great-great-grandpa!” Kisame says. He laughs. However, he notices that Itachi is glaring at him. Kisame then decides to change the subject.

“I am going down to the river to get a drink and wash my face a little bit!” Kisame says. “Want to come with me?”

“No…” Itachi says, emotionlessly. “I’d rather sit down for a while.”

“Suit yourself.” Kisame says. He starts for a small man made path that leads down to the river.

Itachi turns and walks over to a tree. He prepares to sit down when he notices something underneath the brush. He carefully parts the foliage. Underneath the overgrown brush are strange shoe impressions. The shoe impressions appear to have been made by child sized shoes.

Itachi narrows his eyes. He steps back for a minute to think. He then closes his eyes. After a few moments of consideration he opens his eyes. He then carefully spreads dried foliage that has piled up on the ground, over the shoe impressions, concealing them. Itachi then sits down at the base of a tree. Itachi leans back against the tree and closes his eyes. About ten minutes later Kisame returns. He approaches Itachi. Itachi opens his eyes.

“Are you ready to head out?” Kisame asks.

“Yes…” Itachi says in his emotionless voice. He stands up.

The two Akatsuki members silently walk out of the clearing.