Actions

Work Header

A Twist in Fate: Nico's Story

Chapter 11: Kiseki Akiyama

Notes:

Last Chapter: Nico ended up in the Land of Rivers and was headed towards the Land of Wind. However, he decide to turn back, when a mysterious voice encouraged him to do so. Then Nico had to run due to a forest fire! Along the way Nico saved a baby left in a basket. However, Nico eventually collapsed due to exhaustion, but right before he passed out, a mysterious figure saved him and the baby. Who is this mysterious figure?

Chapter Text

Nico awakens to sunlight hitting his face. He stirs.

I’m alive! Nico thinks to himself. He slowly sits up. He suddenly remembers the baby. His eyes widen.

The baby! Nico thinks. Where is the baby?

Nico then begins searching the ground around him. However, an unknown voice startles him.

“You’re awake!” The unknown voice says. “I was getting worried!”

Nico quickly turns to see a young black haired man sitting on a rock. His brown eyes look at Nico with a look of relief. The black haired man’s clothing is very similar to Riku and Karou’s clothing. However, he does not wear a ninja headband. Nico then notices that the man is holding the baby. Nico breathes a sigh of relief.

“Your sister is alright if that’s what you are wondering!” The mysterious man says. “She is just sleeping!”

Nico is confused by the man’s statement. However, Nico then realizes what the man is thinking.

He thinks that the baby is my sister! Nico thinks to himself. I guess he has his reasons for thinking that. I was holding her after all!  Wait, He said ‘sister’! The baby must be a girl then!

Nico looks down.

“I am afraid that you are mistaken, sir!” Nico says. “The baby is not my sister! I found her when I was running from the forest fire. Someone had left her in a basket in front of a rock wall! I just couldn’t leave her so I picked her up and ran!”

The man’s eyes widen in surprise.

“Oh,” the man says. “I am sorry that I jumped to conclusions!”

“It’s ok!” Nico says. “Anyway, thanks for saving us!”

“No problem!” The man says. “I heard you yelling for help. I decided to investigate. I found you lying on the ground. I grabbed you and the baby and managed to escape the fire!”

“Thank you so much!” Nico says. “If it weren’t for you I am certain that the baby and I would be dead!”

The man only nods in return. He then looks at Nico.

“By the way, what is your name?” The man asks.

“I am Nico di Angelo.” Nico says.

The man narrows his eyes. “Strange name…” He says. However, the man just lets out a sigh.

“Well, my name is Kiseki Akiyama.” The man, Kiseki says.

Nico nods in return. He is so grateful to be alive.

Kiseki then narrows his eyes. “If I may ask what were you doing in the forest anyway?” Kiseki asks.

Nico looks down. I wonder how much I should tell him. Nico thinks to himself. He saved my life! He seems trustworthy enough.

Nico lifts his head up. He looks at Kiseki.

“This may sound unbelievable but I am actually from a different world!” Nico says. “I was sent here through a dimensional rift.”

Kiseki’s eyes widen. However, his eyes slowly soften.

“I probably should have known by your clothing.” Kiseki says. “I actually met a guy who claimed that he was from another world. He said that he was just minding his own business when he was sucked up by a blue tornado that came down from the sky!”

Nico’s eyes widen. Kiseki probably believes me then! Nico thinks.

“That’s what happened to me, except I was running for my life at the time!” Nico says.

Kiseki blinks a few times. However, he just shrugs.

“I suppose there is truth to your story then!” Kiseki says. “I didn’t believe the guy at first! However, he convinced me when he showed me his powers!”

Nico is stunned by this revelation. The guy Kiseki met had powers? Nico thinks to himself.

Kiseki soon narrows his eyes. “He also had an aura similar to yours!” Kiseki says. After a few minutes Kiseki’s eyes widen. He looks at Nico’s camp Half-Blood shirt.

“The guy actually wore a shirt exactly like yours!” Kiseki says. “Are you a demigod?”

Nico’s eyes widen. Kiseki knows about demigods as well! Nico thinks to himself. This is incredible!

“Yes, I am!” Nico says. “My father is Hades, god of the Underworld!”

Kiseki’s eyes widen again. “You are a son of one of the Big Three!” Kiseki says. “No wonder your aura is so powerful!”

Nico’s eyes widen. “You know about the Big Three as well?” Nico asks.

Kiseki nods. Nico looks down. So I am not the only demigod that has been sent here! Nico thinks to himself.

All of the sudden the baby, whom is still in Kiseki’s arms, begins to cry. Kiseki quickly rocks and shushes it. The baby soon calms down.

Kiseki looks at Nico again. His eyes narrow again. “You seem to be hiding something!” Kiseki says.

Nico’s eyes widen. He is very perceptive! Nico thinks to himself. I wonder how much I can tell him without giving away to many details.

Nico then closes his eyes. “I have a very complicated family history.” Nico says. He sighs.

“A few days after I was sent here I was almost killed by two maniacs named Riku and Karou!” Nico says. “I ended up falling into a river! I nearly drowned but I was saved by a man calling himself Jarou Kirai. Jarou told me that my mother was actually born in this world and was sent to my world when she was a baby.”

Kiseki’s eyes widen. “Oh, my!” Kiseki says. “That is very complicated!”

Nico turns his head to the side. “My grandmother died during an attack on her village.” Nico says. “That’s when my mother was sent to my world! Jarou was a part of my grandmothers village. He saw the whole thing!”

Kiseki’s eyes quickly become saddened. “I am sorry to hear that!” Kiseki says. “What about your grandfather?”

Nico’s eyes widen. He just had to ask! Nico thinks to himself.

Nico frowns and looks away. “My grandfather is not a good man!” Nico says. “He is nothing but a psychotic clan killer!”

Kiseki’s eyes widen. Then his eyes narrow. “Itachi Uchiha?” Kiseki asks.

Nico freezes. He figured it out! Nico thinks. I guess grandfather’s reputation is known throughout the Elemental Nations!

“You figured it out.” Nico says. “I had hoped you wouldn’t! Jarou told me to hide my identity to avoid getting captured by bad ninjas!”

Kiseki looks down. “I am sorry but it was easy to figure out!” Kiseki says. “Itachi Uchiha is the only ninja known to have killed an entire clan!”

Nico looks away. So grandfather is the only one to have done such a thing in this world then! Nico thinks to himself.

“Itachi Uchiha is only in his twenties right now!” Kiseki says. “How can he be your grandfather?”

“Time passes by much faster in my world than it does here!” Nico says. “1 year in this world is equivalent to 15 years in my world! My mother was born 7 years ago in this world. That means 105 years passed in my world!”

Kiseki does the math in his head. “But then that means your mother is over a hundred years old!” Kiseki says. “You only look to be about ten at the most!”

Nico sighs. “Everything will make sense once I start from the beginning!” Nico says. “Everything that I am about to tell you is all that I know so far.”

Nico sighs and then begins his story. Nico figures that he should just tell Kiseki everything.

************************

It takes Nico nearly an hour to tell Kiseki everything about his arrival to this world, and everything that had happened afterwards. After Nico is done Kiseki is left wide eyed.

“Incredible!” Kiseki says.

Nico sighs. “I don’t know what to do!” Nico says. “I am the grandson of a clan killer! Ninja’s will come after me once they find out! My own grandfather is gonna come after me! I may even be killed just for existing! I have to live the rest of my life knowing people will hate me for who I am! How can I possibly live a good life?"

Kiseki frowns. He closes his eyes. After a few minutes he opens his eyes.

“Let me tell you something, Nico!” Kiseki says. “I do actually understand how you feel! My father was a rogue ninja who did some awful things! Everyone in my village didn’t like me for that reason!”

Nico looks at Kiseki. He is very surprised by this revelation. Kiseki knows how I feel? Nico thinks to himself.

Kiseki then tells of his father’s many bad deeds. Nico is very disgusted by the ‘evil deeds’ being described by Kiseki.

Kiseki sighs. “My mother was the only one who really loved me.” Kiseki says. “However, she died from an illness that swept through the village. I was actually about your age. No one would take me in!”

Nico looks down at the ground. That’s so sad! Nico thinks.

Kiseki looks down. “I then decided to leave my village.” Kiseki says. “Since I had not become a ninja yet I couldn’t be declared a missing nin. I wandered from village to village trying to find a place to call home. However, I realized that I liked the freedom of being able to move from place to place. I decided that my place was on the road. I would stop at villages along the way to rest. Sometimes I would do deeds which earned me the respect of the villagers.”

Kiseki smiles. He then recounts many of his good deeds. After Kiseki is finished Nico is left stunned.

Wow, Kiseki did all of those things! Nico thinks to himself. He’s practically a hero!

Kiseki sighs. He then smiles. “When I was a child I always worried that I would become like my father!” Kiseki says. “However, I proved myself wrong when I performed my good deeds. I realized that I wasn’t like my father at all! I could be better than him!”

Nico looks down. Kiseki’s father did some pretty bad things! Nico thinks. However, Kiseki overcame his heritage and proved himself to be a hero. Nico closes his eyes. However, my grandfather has done worse! I probably can’t overcome my heritage like Kiseki did.

Kiseki notices Nico’s downcast eyes. He sighs.

“I can tell that you are afraid of becoming like your grandfather!” Kiseki says.

Nico closes his eyes. "Of course I am!" Nico says. "I don't want to be a cold hearted killer like my grandfather! I don't want to kill anyone!"

Nico turns and realizes that there is a small puddle of clear water next to him. He looks at his reflection in the water. Nico then realizes that he has some of his grandfathers features. Nico has Itachi's hair bangs, even if they are shorter than Itachi's. The feature that stands out the most is Nico's eyes.

My eyes are exactly like my grandfather's! Nico thinks. Nico closes his eyes. When he opens them he realizes that it is not his face in the water. It is his grandfather's! Nico quickly shudders and closes his eyes. When he reopens them his grandfathers face is gone. It is Nico's face in the water again.

"Are you alright?" Kiseki asks. He had seen Nico's reaction.

Nico lets out a sigh. "I just realized that I have my grandfather's eyes." Nico says. He looks at the ground. "It really is hopeless! I have the eyes of a murderer!"

Kiseki closes his eyes. After a few minutes he opens them.

“Well, let me share some words of wisdom with you." Kiseki says. "There are many things that I have learned throughout my life. There are many things that my mother taught me as well. Everything that she taught me has stuck with me even after all these years."

Kiseki sighs. He looks up at the sky. He then looks back at Nico. "I hope that what I am about to tell you will bring you some comfort."