Actions

Work Header

The Ultimate Guide to Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse

Summary:

The first things Yoongi heard as his ears cleared (with a loud pop too, ugh) was the loud complaining of Seokjin and Namjoon.
“Y-Yoongz? I guess your uh, ‘tongue technology’ took us to Hong Kong afterall… But this, this I cannot accept– ”
“Oh my god, what the f— Hong Kong as in right in the middle of the fucking Victoria Harbour you mean? My converses are so ruined!”
Yoongi coughed the salty water from his mouth with a gasp, legs waddling to keep himself afloat and hands wiping the water out of his eyes, “Well, we can basically see the shore so, not in the middle of the harbour. But I can always send you guys back? I feel I’ve got enough energy for one more time?”
“Erm, how about NO!”

In other words, how BTS found each other and somehow survived happily in an apocalyptic future. Apocalypse AU with a fair share of zombies, superpowers galore, and definitely OT7!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: No More Dream

Chapter Text

Word manifestation is useful in the apocalypse, Yoongi mused to himself as he stared out of the window. Sadly such power couldn’t give him a companion, but honestly it provided everything he needed to survive, holed up in his apartment, so he should be thankful. He still dreamt of streets that were once full, people walking, talking, laughing, but those were only dreams.

There hasn’t a sign of life for what seemed like ages. On the street below, the shops were abandoned and windows of buildings shattered and hell, even on side of the telephone booth that stood at the corner was smashed. Glass shards, tinted red from the setting sun or something else, littered the pavement. From afar he thought he could hear low growling, but nothing moving came in sight so perhaps it’s just his ears playing tricks on him.

“Cup with hot coffee, milk and sugar.”

As soon as his words fell, a steaming mug appeared in his hand. Sipping a mouthful of coffee, he swallowed roughly and leaned on the windowsill. He wondered if there were still people out there. He wondered if he could still use his words for communication, not for food or for manifesting survival stuff. He could use his powers well now, his daily coffee maintaining exactly the temperature and taste he liked without him having to specify what proportions of ingredients should be in the coffee. He could tap in and out of his powers, rapping to music being safe now (and yes, that extra trip to Hong Kong was the only dangerous accident – but hey, he got back unharmed and even got to know he could teleport with his powers, though in the aftermath his bones ached for weeks due to overexertion).

Ah, apocalyptic life at its best, with all the irony…

Suddenly, a loud bark came from below. And a shout that Yoongi recognised as human.

“Oh hell no, not again!”

Yoongi perked. He leant out of the window as far as he could, to see a figure running, or more like flailing, down the road. The figure came closer and closer until Yoongi could see details: a teenage male around his age running and slipping down the road like an octopus because he had ridiculously long sleeves. Behind him, a smaller figure was growling and snapping, catching up to him bit by bit.

The dude looked pathetic, and Yoongi felt pity.

“Dude, is it a zombie dog or the ordinary kind?” He shouted from the safety of his window.

The guy spared a glance upwards. “It’s chasing me, trying to bite me to death, so does it make any difference!?”

Well I guess it doesn’t…

“Knife.”

A sharp blade appeared in his hands and honestly, it was a kitchen knife, but whatever.

“Dude, heads up!”

“What?”

Before the newcomer could react, Yoongi threw the knife and it embedded in one of the front legs of the maybe-zombie dog, effectively pinning it onto the pavement. Ah, I aimed for the head…

“Oh my god what if you killed me!?”

Yoongi fell silent for a moment. “I didn’t? And hey I basically gave you a knife!”

“Erm, thanks for that I guess?” The guy flipped him the finger, but grinned. He checked that the dog was indeed, pinned, and started walking to the telephone booth. “Oh and fyi, it is a zombie dog.”

As soon as his hands touched the door of the booth, it fell right out of its hinges. Yoongi watched (with his mouth falling open, not that he’ll admit it) as the boy ripped the handset along with the metal thingy with the dialpad on it and threw it onto the zombie dog with a horrible crunch.

“Hey mister, do you need the knife back?”

“No, its disgusting, especially when that zombie dog is probably a pulp now?”

“Got a point there.”

The guy moved closer to his window, and from his position Yoongi could see the only human contact he’d had in weeks was sooty, his clothes torn in various places, but his smile was cheerful and his dimples fully showing.

“Do you want a shower? Food?” The question spilled out before he could think, and his mind berated him for it.

What the hell Min Yoongi, he could be a bad person for all you know?

One who flails around without a weapon?

He could have superhuman strength or something?

And get chased down a street, nearly caught and bitten too, by a dog which seemed like a corgi?

Fuck this.

“You’ve even got a working shower? For real?”

“Yeah, so get your ass over here.” Before I change my mind.

The guy’s smile could’ve split his face. “Thanks! I’m Kim Namjoon, born in 94.”

“I’m Yoongi. Min Yoongi, and it’s hyung to you since I’m a year older.”

“Wha – you don’t look like it!”

Yoongi spared Namjoon his best glare.

“Do you want your shower or not.”

“Coming!”

Despite himself, Yoongi felt a grin break out on his face as he heard footsteps and pants echoing in the empty three-storey building he was in.