Actions

Work Header

What are you ?

Summary:

Scales. Claws. Teeth. Eyes.

He felt it.

He felt thick dark scales replace his smooth skin. He felt white claws replace his manicured nails. He felt three rows of razor-sharp fangs replace his straight white teeth. He felt burning yellow reptilian eyes replace his baby blue.

He didn't feel the deep brown eyes watching him in fear.

And he definitely didn't feel arms wrap around him, holding him as he relived those god awful memories.

He didn't feel an unsteady heartbeat as Stiles whispered I love you.

Notes:

This is set after Jackson gets bitten.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter Text

He didn't know how bad it was until he came to his senses. He wasn't in control, he didn't know what he was doing. He shifted back too early- it wasn't done, he caught himself in the act. 

White claws embedded deep into bodies- warm blood spilling over his scaled hands. 

Tail wrung impossibly tight around throats, cutting off all oxygen. 

Razor sharp teeth ripping and pulling at flesh. 

It made him want to scream. To claw at his skin until every last scale was gone

Pupils flicked back to slits, and he continued his rampage.


He didn't know how he ended up in his bed, clear of all blood and scales.

It was a nightmare. He told himself. Over and over. It's not real. It was a nightmare.

He spent most of the day on edge, every time he closed his eyes he saw it.

Scales. Claws. Teeth. Eyes.

BLOOD.

Jackson. Jackson. JACKSON-

 

"Jackson- Jackson are you listening?"

Jackson blinked and looked around. He was in a classroom and the whole class was currently looking at him. He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat. "Sorry, what did you say?" 

The teacher sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, clearly annoyed that he wasn't paying attention. "I asked you to translate the word on the board." 

He tilted his head and looked past her, reading the word aloud. "Gräul. Abomination."

The rest of the class was a blur to him. 


Danny caught him just as he walked out of his last class, his usual bright smile on his face. "Hey Jacks, ready for practice?"

Jacksons face fell and he looked toward his friend. "I.. I forgot my gear." He spoke with a frown.

Danny furrowed his brows, but patted him on the back. "No worry, Coach keeps spare kits. You'll just have to deal with using someone else's stick." He flashed another smile then walked off.

Jackson stood there for a second, frown deepening. He never forget he had practice, ever. Something was definitely up with him today. 


The blonde walked into the locker room after collecting a spare kit. He looked around, seeing various people changing. His eyes locked with McCall's and he sent a glare his way.

What the hell is he looking at? He thought. 

He pulled his shirt off and tugged down his jeans, changing into the uniform and grabbing a spare lacrosse stick.

He ran onto the field and played as good as ever, though his throws were more aggressive and he ended up being tackled by Scott, whose eyes glowed golden. 

"What the fuck McCall!?" Jackson whisper shouted, his eyes narrowed and jaw clenched.

"What are you?" The tan wolf asked, tone demanding.


That conversation stuck with him until he got home. 

 

What are you?

What are you talking about, I'm a wolf.

No you're not.

 

Jackson wordlessly walked to his room, dropping his bag by the door. He glanced at himself in the mirror and winced. Scales. He had scales.

He looked down at his arms- but they were clear. He looked back to the mirror and the scales were gone there too. 

 

WHAT ARE YOU?

 

"What am I?" A soft whimper fell from his lips- then he fell into darkness.


Scales. Claws. Teeth. Eyes.

 

It was happening again. He felt it. He felt thick dark scales replace his smooth skin. He felt white claws replace his manicured nails. He felt three rows of razor-sharp fangs replace his straight white teeth. He felt burning yellow reptilian eyes replace his baby blue. 

He felt his tail rip through his back, spraying droplets of blood over his pale walls. 

He felt the urge to kill. The willingness to do anything to please his master.

To kill for his master. 

 

And he did. He killed one person, two people- ten- twenty- he couldn't stop. His claws sliced through their flesh, venom and blood mixing together. His victims were helpless, they couldn't move. And they couldn't scream for help- Jackson had ripped their throats out. 

He felt happiness. He made his master happy- that made him happy. He felt praise- a soft pet from a gloved hand. And a promise for another night like this. 

He felt his body fall back against his bed, clean of all blood- of all evidence.

He felt himself slip into a dreamless slumber. 


The next day, he felt.. better. Some had happened but he wasn't sure what. 

He strutted into the school building with a newfound confidence, walking down the halls with all eyes on him. This was what mattered. Not the confused looks from the wolves. Not the way they tensed as he neared them, or the growls that were silent to the human ear. 

But the way ordinary people looked at him- watched him. Full of fascination and envy. He could smell it. He walked to his locker and opened it up, getting out some books. 

Someone walked up and stood beside him, looking him up and down. Jackson rose a brow and closed his locker, signature smirk plastered on his face. "What do you want?" 

"Uhh-" The male gulped. "-Scott sent me over, Derek wants to speak to you apparently."

Jackson rolled his eyes and let out a dramatic sigh, shrugging his bag onto his shoulder and narrowing his eyes. "And why couldn't he tell me himself?" He asked, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I don't know, he said something about you smelling weird or something. Personally I think you smell fine-" Stiles cut himself off and lent closer to the blonde, making a show of sniffing him- then he coughed. "-a lot of spray there, what is that?" He sniffed again. "Pine?"

Jackson scoffed and laughed at him. "Pine? Are you serious?" He shook his head and turned, walking to his first class. 

"Wait! Are you going to meet with Derek- Jackson- JACKSON-"