Actions

Work Header

Three Slings & Arrows Podfics

Summary:

Inclusively Players: Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, both staged by and starring Darren Nichols and Geoffrey Tennant, March 3-8, 1981. Call 555-3954 or visit the university box office for ticket information.

The Heir of My Invention: from "New Burbage Delivers A Can't-Miss Hamlet" by Basil Thume, special to the Toronto Star, June 3, 1996.

"Ellen Fanshaw's Hamlet is an incandescent performance from an actor at the peak of her powers. She plays off of Geoffrey Tennant's Ophelio with grace, passion, and an inversion of roles that brings new life to a familiar text, thanks to Oliver Welles' innovative direction."

Ten (or Twelve) Plays in the Life of Geoffrey Tennant: Ten (or twelve) plays, approximately, in the life of one Geoffrey Tennant. And attendant drama.

Notes:

Thanks to the authors for blanket permission to podfic and for answering questions about random details in their fics.

Thanks to Scribe for alpha and mific for beta!

All remaining errors are, of course, mine.

And thanks to mific for the awesome cover art! Embedded here, but please follow the related works link to show your appreciation to the artist!

(See the end of the work for other works inspired by this one.)

Work Text:

Inclusively Players

Links to download/stream podfic:

MP3

M4B

 

Music Credits:

Another Openin', Another Show (Kiss Me, Kate, Cole Porter; Original Royal Shakespeare Recording album)

Brush Up Your Shakespeare (Kiss Me, Kate, Cole Porter; Original Royal Shakespeare Recording album)

Comedy Tonight (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; Original Broadway Cast album)

The Glamorous Life (A Little Night Music, Stephen Sondheim; Original London Cast album)

Invocation & Instructions to the Audience (The Frogs, Stephen Sondheim; World Premiere (concert) Recording)

Why Must the Show Go On? (Noel Coward; sung by Noel Coward on The Noel Coward Album)

Broadway Baby (Follies, Stephen Sondheim; sung by Bernadette Peters on Sondheim Etc.)

They Were You (The Fantasticks, Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones; Original Broadway Cast album)

It's a Hit (Merrily We Roll Along, Stephen Sondheim; Original Broadway Cast album)

 

The Heir of My Invention

Links to download/stream podfic:

MP3

M4B

 

Ten (or Twelve) Plays in the Life of Geoffrey Tennant

Links to download/stream podfic:

MP3

M4B

 

 

Download files from the audiofic archive [FORTHCOMING].

Technical note: Box downloads sometimes don't work because there's a cap on bandwidth. Streaming always works, as far as I know. If you're planning to download, try the audiofic link first.

 

Works inspired by this one: