Actions

Work Header

light side of the moon

Summary:

Jimin's always been an outsider, content to do his own thing. Moving in to a new high school, a new town, he's resigned to do the same.

It's not until an excitable Kim Taehyung enters the picture that his future starts to change.

 

--

a.k.a. jimin just wants to graduate but he's taken in by six weirdos that make him all too happy to enjoy life as it comes.

--
Ahora en español!

Traducción al español está disponible aqui (Una nota especial se enquentra al final del capitulo 11)

Notes:

it takes a small village to raise a child.
in this case it takes my twitter tl to birth this 80k+ monster

 

i literally have no words for what i feel. this has been in the works since february and I've been working on it daily to get it out. I genuinely feel like a mother birthing her child, nervous to put it out there into the world.

this would honestly not be possible without my amazing squad who suffered through this along with me, painstakingly editing and making this the amazing thing it has become so please show Alix, Jolie, Vanessa, Sam, and Elly a big round of applause.

Seriously I owe them everything

(See the end of the work for more notes and other works inspired by this one.)

Chapter 1

Notes:

the amazing nessia has made a moodboard for this fic! i'm so amazed!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Jimin can’t think of a better word for his situation than simply ‘terrifying’. Starting a new school is beyond scary as is, but starting school while being a junior feels so much worse. Not only does he not know anyone, but most people have their friend groups worked out and solidified. Jimin’s starting as an outsider in a small town high school. He can’t be blamed for the nerves bubbling in his gut.

“You’ve got everything?”

He turns back to his mom and smiles before nodding and leaving. It’s interesting, how Park Jimin, a born and bred city boy, ended up in this rural town surrounded by the beach and forest. The town is smaller than any other Jimin has ever been in, and thankfully his school is only a few blocks down from his house. It’s like something out of the movies, quiet and peaceful. It’ll take some getting used to.  

He watches the town wake up as he walks down the street. There are few cars around along with several stores and businesses opening as people get started with their day. People watch him curiously as he walks to school. Clearly, he sticks out like a sore thumb. He can only imagine how it’s going to be when he walks into class. He can already picture it, ‘the weird kid exhibit A: the new city boy’.

He wants to be hopeful, he wants to think that things will go well, but he can’t stop the nerves turning his stomach into a pit of craziness. Listening to his mom’s careful instructions, he makes it to the seemingly tiny school without any issues. He looks down at his watch and he realizes he’s early.

He’s half an hour earlier than he was told to show up, which was earlier than school in general, but there was little he could do about it. Nerves had kept him up most of the night and the little sleep he was able to manage was restless, unsure as to what he could expect from the school. Eventually, he had just decided to make it an early morning and stop trying to go back to sleep.

Walking up a path into the school, he sees the tree line, dividing the school from the wilderness of the forest. It’s breathtaking, the way the green of the trees almost glows under the light of the sun rising behind him. He can breathe in the moisture, the life that exists all around him, and a part of him relaxes. Nothing like this exists in the city; too many cars, buildings, and people everywhere to ever slow down and just enjoy something as simple as clean air.

He wants to go explore, he wants to take a hike around the woods that seem to surround the entire town and isolate it from the rest of the world, but that’ll have to wait for another day.

Jimin remembers the warnings by his mom, “There are animals in those woods, Jiminie. Don’t go looking for trouble.”

Looking at the way that life seems to explode from the trees, the grass, even the sky, he can’t say that he’s particularly inclined to listen. Something about being here feels right. Admittedly, he was worried at first, not knowing if he would like it, but underneath the nerves there lies excitement.

In the city, Jimin was constantly on the move, doing his best to be busy and not let the constant need do something overtake him. But with only a week in town, it seems as if all traces of that itch have disappeared. Maybe his mother was right after all, being out of the city could be good for him.

He takes in a deep breath, tasting the fresh air before exhaling. He misses the city, but this is so much better. Jimin is distracted from his musings by the shrill ringing of his phone alarm. He groans in complaint before fishing it out of his pocket and shutting it off. Time to face the armies.

Hiking his backpack up, he walks up the cement path leading to the stairs that lay in front of the imposingly large wooden doors. It takes him longer than he had hoped to find the front office. Nothing seems to be labeled, counterproductive in his opinion, and he only manages to make it by following the sounds of ringing phones.

“Oh hello! You must be the new boy! Come in, come in!” A friendly elderly woman greets him as soon as he steps foot in the office, waving him over with a smile. Jimin winces but does his best to cover it up with a smile. She seems nice enough, but if she already knows who he is, they must not get a lot of new students.

“That’s me,” he says in the friendliest tone he can manage through his nerves, “Park Jimin. I was told on the phone to show up here so I can finish the rest of the paperwork?”

She looks confused for a second, her older features wrinkling as she thinks before lighting up again, “Oh, yes! I just need to confirm your class schedule before printing it out for you. Did you want a copy of a map too, hon?” Jimin nods gratefully before rattling off what he was told. It’s relatively painless, getting his schedule all worked out, and soon enough he’s walking out and looking around.

He didn’t realize just how big the campus was until he’s in a wide-open area, surrounded by tables and all sorts of greenery. Looking around, he notices five buildings, small and long, but they’re thankfully, they’re labeled. There’s growing sounds of people arriving all around him makes the anxiety creep back up from his stomach to his throat.

He’s losing time. He doesn’t want to be caught being late and asked to introduce himself in front of the class or something equally as horrifying. He might actually die, or worse, go to speak and have nothing come out.

“Breathe, Jimin,” he reminds himself as he looks at the piece of paper in his hands. The time table is easy enough to read, six classes with lunch between fourth and fifth period, but the map is a strange convoluted blob. He turns the map every which way, trying to figure out what he’s looking at and from what side, but he can’t make heads or tails of anything.

Groaning, he looks back at his time table. His first period is in room 213. Looking up, he sees the building labeled 200. If the campus is made with any kind of sense, the classrooms are numbered depending on what building they’re at.

That must be a good place to start.

He weaves his way through students milling about, keeping his head down. He sees the very first classroom door labeled 205 and smiles, happy with himself. He made the right decision.

Just as he’s about to walk down the hall to find the classroom, his attention is drawn to three boys, laughing loudly as they push and shove each other around while grinning. There’s nothing particularly special about them, not really, but he does find it weird that they’re wearing shorts and tank tops in September. He’s freezing with his jeans and oversized sweater, but that may just be because he’s used to the warmer weather of the city.

They keep laughing, seemingly teasing each other and talking about something animatedly as Jimin continues to watch them. They seem to be having the time of their lives, and a sharp sense of longing shoots through Jimin.

He didn’t have a squad of friends back home, not really. He was always so dedicated to dancing, to studying, that the people he hung out with eventually stopped inviting him out. Whenever he was there, he always found himself on the outside looking in. He didn’t even notice it, at least not really, until he already left and his mother asked if he wanted to meet up with anyone. He couldn’t think of a single person that he would have wanted to spend time with.

He sighs wistfully. Maybe he can make friends like that here. Maybe, just maybe, things will be different here. As if his thoughts called out to the group, one of the boys looks over just as he sighs.

Jimin snaps his head forward so fast he swears his neck cracks, embarrassed at being caught staring at strangers. He feels his face heat up but he stubbornly looks ahead and walks, doing his best to ignore the way his skin itches, hyper aware of the group. Just his luck, being the weirdo staring. Perfect way to start.

He manages to make it to class in one piece, but unfortunately, he’s not the only one in the room. He smiles at the teacher, who looks up at him and smiles warmly, before making his way to the back of the middle of the classroom. The classroom is set up in four rows, small desks lined up evenly and ready for the students. As he walks down one of the middle rows, he takes in all of the colorful posters around the room. Clearly the teacher loves literature puns with how many jokes and puns are posted all over the walls.

What happened when Past, Present, and Future walked into a bar? It was tense.’ he reads to himself and he brings his hand up to muffle the giggles that leave his mouth. He chooses a desk at random and sits. His eyes dart all over the room, familiarizing himself with his surroundings, laughing at other jokes ‘Why did Shakespeare only write with pens? Pencils confused him, 2B or not 2B?

It doesn’t take him long to finish looking at everything and he’s left staring at the wall blankly. He doesn’t quite know what to do, sitting in his seat, but he doesn’t want to whip out his phone for fear of what the teacher will think.

Thankfully, it doesn’t take long for the bell to ring and hordes of students to flock into the classroom. The silence that previously blanketed the room is quickly replaced with a wild sense of life bursting from the students.

Jimin stays where he is as he watches everyone interact with each other, content to familiarize himself with those in his class. He gets plenty of curious looks but no one actually says anything, so he counts it as a win.

“Class!” the teacher says after a minute, “Calm down everyone. I’m sure you all had an exciting summer but you can all talk about it later. I’ve got a seating chart,” she waves her hands around the seats, “you know what to do.”

There’s a collective groan and several complaints of being upperclassmen and too old for assigned seats, but the teacher just laughs and points to the seating chart projected up on the board meaningfully. Jimin follows everyone else, looking up at the projection and trying to find his name. He stares at it for a minute, eyes darting around but not seeing anything. When people start sitting down he focuses harder, going up and down the rows until he finds his name.

Park Jimin.

Oh, thank god, he thinks, he doesn’t have to go up and be added in last minute. He is seated pretty much where he was before and he doesn’t waste any more time before shuffling over and setting his stuff down. It doesn’t take long for the stragglers to come in and fill the classroom. It’s strange, being in a classroom with only twenty-five other kids, but it eases the pressure if only just a little. Jimin doesn’t relax until the teacher starts talking about the syllabus.

He does his best to take notes, annotating the syllabus with important information and plays the dutiful student role well. Having six classes instead of just four is a little weird, but he’s definitely enjoying how quickly everything moves. He doses off a bit, staring at the teacher as she speaks. He doesn’t even realize that the class is over until the bell rings, startling him.

Just as he’s leaning over, packing his stuff but making sure he leaves out his time table, he hears a “Hey.” Straightening up, he looks up to see a pretty ordinary guy, tan and pretty, but it doesn’t take his brain long to remind him that this was the guy who caught him staring at his group of friends earlier.

As soon as he makes the connection, he blushes, looking back down at his stuff before murmuring a quick, “Hey,” back.

He thinks he hears the boy murmur something about cute, but as he’s walking out of the class, he hears the boy rushing to catch up, “You’re the new kid, right?”

Jimin’s busy looking down at his schedule to notice how close the other stands and he’s startled, “Huh?” Jimin looks over, “Oh, yeah. That’s me. Park Jimin.” He smiles as he introduces himself and hopes he doesn’t look as awkward as he feels.

“Taehyung,” the tan boy introduces himself before looking down at the schedule in Jimin’s hands and smiles, “That your schedule? Let me see, maybe I can help you out.” He ducks his head into the paper and makes strange humming noises as he reads it, murmuring things to himself as he goes.

“You’ve got AP Calc next,” Taehyung says as he looks up, “that’s going to be in the 300 building right next to us, but on the other side since it’s an odd number,” he points over to where he means and Jimin’s instantly grateful, “Good luck on that man, I’m shit at math so I’m still in Algebra 2.” Taehyung laughs at himself and Jimin smiles too, the boxy smile infectious.

“Thank you,” he says, folding up his schedule up and shoving it in his jeans pocket.

“I’m actually headed that way, I’ll walk with you if you want?” Taehyung’s expression is open, and Jimin gets a gut sense that he’s being offered a lot more than just being walked over. It sounds like the beginning of a friendship.

He can’t nod his head fast enough.

“Alright!” Taehyung exclaims excitedly and proceeds to practically drag Jimin along with his huge strides. He struggles to keep up, weaving through people as they go and he really hadn’t noticed just how tall this guy is in comparison to him.

“You must be super smart,” Taehyung says, looking over at Jimin with a huge grin on his face, “I saw you take notes and everything. I can barely remember to bring my backpack.”  He laughs at himself as they walk, “School is just so boring though, I don’t know how you do it.”

Jimin laughs, running a hand over his hair before shrugging, “I dunno, I’ve always liked it. I think I wanna be a teacher so…” He blushes hard at the confession and his voice trails off. He has no idea where he was going with that train of thought, why he even brought it up in the first place, but he’s distracted by the loud cooing noises Taehyung makes.

“You’re so cute, are all city boys this cute?” Taehyung coos before pinching one of Jimin’s cheeks. It only serves to make Jimin blush more before smacking Taehyung’s hand away and rubbing his cheek. He’s not mad, not really, but he pouts to make it seem like he is anyway to play along. He’s never been one to meet people and click with them easily, it’s always been hard to make friendships for Jimin, but with how comfortable Taehyung seems to be Jimin can’t help but feel himself relax.

Taehyung laughs and pats his head before nudging him over towards the door closest to them.

“This is your stop,” he says before turning and walking across the way backwards so he’s still facing Jimin, waving, “I’ll see you in fourth period though! Bye, Jiminie!”

Jimin doesn’t even think about it, waving back and walking into the classroom with a huge smile on his face and relaxed shoulders. His smile doesn’t fade, not through the second or third period. He may have actually made a friend on the first day of school, he thinks. That’s never happened before.

Walking into his fourth period, it’s impossible to miss the way Taehyung’s face lights up and he waves Jimin over excitedly. The large tables sit two and Jimin smiles before going over and setting his stuff down.

“How did it go? Math totally boring?” Taehyung leans into Jimin as he speaks, looking surprisingly eager to hear about Jimin’s day and it makes him smile. He wants to be friends with Taehyung so bad.

“It wasn’t too bad, just syllabus stuff, you know how it is,” he shrugs as he speaks. He’s quick to ask Taehyung the same, finding himself curious as to what his own class schedule looks like.

“Eh, it’s pretty boring, syllabus talk everywhere,” Taehyung quips before shrugging and Jimin nods sympathetically, knowing exactly what he’s talking about, “I’m just looking forward to lunch. I’m so hungry I could eat a deer.” Jimin’s surprised by how hard Taehyung laughs at himself, a little lost on the joke but he joins in anyway, nodding and rubbing his hungry tummy.

The class is particularly boring, but Jimin doesn’t know if it’s because it drags out or because of the way Taehyung seems to fidget and stare at the clock impatiently. Something tells him that Taehyung isn’t much of a ‘sit and listen’ kind of a person, but it strangely doesn’t bother Jimin at all. It fits Taehyung’s personality, or what Jimin knows of it at least, so well that Jimin can’t really imagine him any other way.

As expected, Taehyung shoots up in his seat as soon as the bell rings, “Come on, I’m starving.”

Jimin laughs but shoves all his things back into his backpack as quickly as he can before running after Taehyung. He’s a little surprised at how many people are everywhere, but Taehyung links their arms together and works his way through the crowd expertly. People around seem to be parting for them as Taehyung leads the way, as if avoiding him for whatever reason, but Jimin can’t bring himself to care.

Getting their food is a little complicated, Jimin has to remember to take his money out and then he has no idea what to get. Taehyung gives helpful suggestions, “The drumsticks taste like jello,” and “I’m not even sure what’s in that” and they laugh comfortably. He lets Taehyung lead him through the crowds, yet again, but he’s surprised to be walking away from where everyone else gathers. Instead of staying in the clear area at the center of the school where everyone seems to be enjoying their lunch, Taehyung leads them to the grassy area closer to the forest.

“Where are we going?” He asks as he looks around.

Taehyung looks over at him and smirks, “The back building.”

“Wha—” and it takes Jimin a second to get the Mean Girls reference before laughing, “I thought that burned down back in ‘87?”

Jimin grins, completely satisfied by the way Taehyung laughs, head thrown back and much too loud, “Oh man, I knew you’d be cool. You’ll fit right in.”

The blush that heats up his face is obvious, but he’s really happy with how comfortable he feels. They approach two figures, lying lazily under a tree and he’s instantly reminded that Taehyung had two other friends that morning. He feels himself tensing, nerves returning with full force, twisting in his tummy as he starts to worry as to what he’s going to say. He wants to make a good impression on them.

Too caught up in his head, he doesn’t catch the brief nod Taehyung sends the two before they get remotely in speaking range. Jimin shakes himself out of his head as much as he can just as he hears Taehyung laugh at something that Jimin is too far to hear. The closer they get, the more tense he feels, but he plasters the best smile he can muster and hopes he doesn’t make a fool of himself.

“Hey, this is Jimin,” Taehyung introduces as they walk up, “Jimin, this is Hobi and Jeonggukkie.” He points at each respectively and ignores the pointed looks and jabs at his ribs before plopping down next to Jeongguk.

The brunette smiles and waves, “Ignore him, his manners are horrible. My name is Hoseok, senior, but you can call me whatever you want. This is Jeongguk, sophomore, even if he doesn’t look like it.”

Jeongguk instantly looks over at Hoseok and pouts but doesn’t say anything much else. Looking the boy over, Jimin can’t help but agree. The kid, he uses the term lightly, looks around Taehyung’s height but he’s just as broad too, even though he’s still got time to grow. He’s only in his second year of high school. There’s no way this guy isn’t going to be a towering mass of muscle when he grows out of the awkwardness of his limbs.

Jimin laughs a little before nodding and sitting next to Taehyung on the grass carefully, “I’m Jimin. Junior. Nice to meet you two.” His voice is small and shy, but he looks at them both as he speaks. Their faces are both open and the small smiles on their faces eases the tension in his shoulders.

As they eat their lunch in relative peace quietly munching, Jimin’s a bit amazed by how much food they each put away. All three of them have double portions. He’s heard of teenage boys being hungry— hell, he is a hungry teenage boy that eats a lot, but he’s never seen anything quite like them.

“So where did you transfer from?” Hoseok asks after a moment drawing Jimin out of his revere, “It’s not often we get newcomers around here.”

Jimin looks up and smiles, chewing quickly, “From the city. My mom got a job offer here so we kinda just,” he shrugs, “moved.”

Hoseok hums in response and Taehyung leans forward, “What about your friends and stuff?”

Jimin just shrugs again, “Didn’t really have that many?” He curses himself for bringing an awkward silence but he powers through, “Don’t get me wrong, I miss the life I had there but, I dunno, it feels right being here? I like the fresh air, that’s for sure.”

They all laugh and the tense air eases a little. Jimin isn’t sure if it was tense for everyone else or if they pitied him for being a loner at his old school. Either way, he is relieved to let the subject drop.

“Well you’re not wrong. I hate how the cities just smell weird and cloudy.”

They spend the rest of lunch getting to know each other before the bell rings and they trudge back to their classes. He’s pleasantly surprised by how interesting Music Production is. He honestly signed up on a whim, needed to fill up his schedule, but he definitely doesn’t regret it. It definitely helps that Taehyung is there with him.

His favorite class of the day, though, is unsurprisingly—dance. He’s wasn’t aware that Hoseok was going to be there with him, but it doesn’t take them long to loosen up. Hoseok’s more energetic than Jimin thought and they spend a good half of the class talking about dancing and their dance experience. He’s always been into contemporary but seeing Hoseok show him some of his more street style dancing, he looks forward to trying it out. The class itself seems to be more of an independent study class anyway.

“We can totally do a dance together for the final project!” Hoseok exclaims happily, “We can mix our dance styles, it’ll be amazing!”

Jimin can’t stop smiling the whole time, relaxing more and more around the older boy. It’s easy to talk to him and mess around while those around him do their own thing. He doesn’t realize how much time passes until the last bell for the day rings. Unlike he had expected, he feels a little sad that the day is over.

“Are you walking home or do you have a ride?” Hoseok asks as they leave the lockers.

“I’m walking,” he replies easily, “I live like, ten minutes away on foot, so it’s no big deal.”

Hoseok nods before walking across the parking lot to a large Jeep. He watches with a large smile as Taehyung and Jeongguk appear out of nowhere, pushing and shoving each other as they pile into the Jeep seeming to fight who gets to ride in the front. Hoseok looks surprisingly calm with the way they’re tussling around, but Jimin finds it hilarious how quickly they settle as he turns and says something.

Jimin covers his mouth with his hand but can’t swallow down the giggle that bubbles up and blushes a little when they all turn to look at him. They smile over at him and wave. Well, Taehyung flails quite a bit, but Jimin’s pretty sure it’s supposed to be a wave.

He waves back and as they leave, he turns and heads home. Thinking about his three new friends, he makes it home with a smile on his face.

He made friends.

 

 

Each day of school for the rest of the week is pretty much the same, filled with Taehyung’s bright boxy smiles, Hoseok’s loud laughter, and Jeongguk’s teasing. With every passing day, he feels the tension in his shoulder easing, a little at a time as he grows comfortable with the three. Not only is it a new feeling, being close with people, but Jimin can’t help but be excited every day to see what crazy shenanigans they get into. There’s never a dull day surrounded by them.

His second week goes by pretty much the same, adjusting to the new school and spending what time he has left over with his three new friends. Taehyung is quickly becoming Jimin’s best friend, laughing with him and bemoaning their classes together as they bond over their struggles. He helps Taehyung with Chemistry often and Taehyung listens while he complains about his Calculus teacher.

“I can’t believe this, Tae,” he complains, “One test every week. Every week. I’m going to fail this, oh god.”

Taehyung laughs and pats his head comfortingly as Jimin lies on the grass, “You’re smart, Jiminie. You’ll do just fine. Didn’t you say they’re just ten questions?”

Jimin groans and rolls over, laying his forehead on his forearms and breathing in the grass, “That just means that if I miss just one, I’ll already be down to a 90%. If I miss three I’ll be at a C and I have no idea how he expects us to be moving along so quickly! Preparation for college my ass, he just loves torturing us.”

Hoseok and Jeongguk must have walked over around the time because all he can hear is their laughing, “Oh, I heard about that from Joonie. Complained all year about it too.”

Jimin whines some more and huffs, “It’s not funny, I’m gonna fail. This is the end of my academic career.” His bemoaning is loud and only serves to make everyone laugh at him.

“Calm down Jiminie, I’m sure Namjoon would be willing to help you out,” Taehyung giggles, “Hey, I know! You should come over after school today! You can meet the rest of the gang and we can all hang out. It’ll be fun!”

Jimin flips over and stares up at the sky. On one hand, he doesn’t want to intrude or anything, but he doesn’t have anything planned. It’s either staying home on his computer or hanging out with Taehyung and his friends.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel like you have to...” he asks, looking over at Taehyung’s grinning face.

“What? No way! They’ve been dying to meet you,” Hoseok exclaims, clapping his hands in excitement nodding. Their excitement is infectious, even Jeongguk is nodding and smiling.

Jimin laughs and nods his head, “Alright then. I’ll just text my mom to let her know.” He does just that and receives smiley faces back with a message telling him to be careful. Taehyung tackles him excitedly when he confirms with them and Jimin groans in complaint.

“You’re so heavy,” he groans and shoves at Taehyung’s sides but he doesn’t move, “Jesus what do you eat, bricks? Get off,” they all collectively laugh but Taehyung doesn’t budge no matter how hard Jimin shoves.

“You’re asking for it,” is the only warning Jimin gives before he’s dragging his fingers across Taehyung’s sides, hoping that magically finds some ticklish spots. Just as he hoped, Taehyung squeals, surprisingly high pitched for how deep his voice is, and squirms off Jimin, batting his hands away but Jimin does his best to follow.

“T-That’s cheating!” He complains in between laughs and it’s not long before they’re both laughing until Jimin’s stomach hurts. Hoseok cheers Jimin on before Jeongguk drags him off his unfortunate subject.

“Aw, I was just getting started,” he whines but there’s not much he can do with Jeongguk’s strong arms around his middle. He’s a little insulted by how easily Jeongguk picks him up and reminds himself to eat more.

“Jeonggukkie! You’re the only one I can trust in this world,” Taehyung exclaims but he doesn’t move from the floor. They all roll their eyes at Taehyung as he stretches and covers his stomach, getting comfortable on the grass.

“Hey, no sleeping Kim Taehyung,” Hoseok calls out, “You’ve still got two classes left, lazy ass.”

Taehyung groans and looks over at Jeongguk, “Gukkie, save me from this cruel world.”

Jimin laughs as Jeongguk rolls his eyes at Taehyung’s antics but pats his head anyway. There has to be something going on there, Jimin thinks. There’s a softness in Jeongguk’s eyes that Jimin doesn’t really understand, and the way Taehyung melts into Jeongguk’s touch alludes to a comfort that isn’t strictly platonic.

Hoseok looks over at Jimin and they share a small smile before the bell rings and they all groan.

“I can’t wait to graduate,” Hoseok groans before standing up and brushing himself off.

Jimin’s nervously excited the rest of the day. He can’t wait to meet the rest of the gang that he’s heard about. From what he understands, there are three other people in their friend group. Jimin’s not quite sure how they all met or how they got so close, but Taehyung is constantly talking about them like they’re family and the most important thing in his life.

Jimin feels honored that they’re introducing him, but he’s practically worrying himself sick with how much he wants to make a good impression.

“Come on, let’s go!” Hoseok exclaims excitedly, taking his arm with one hand and his stuff with the other before leading them both out of the lockers and to the huge Jeep. It looks bigger than Jimin thought as they approach. It’s the epitome of what Jimin would think an off-road vehicle should look like, huge everywhere and with a lot of room for people inside.

Taehyung and Jeongguk run up as they usually do, jumping in over the doors and talking excitedly as Hoseok starts the car. With the top down, Jimin can barely hear what they’re talking about, but they don’t seem to be suffering the same problem. Hoseok laughs where appropriate, looking at them in the back and gives Jimin an amused look

Hoseok drives fast, faster than Jimin thought people should in the small town, but he doesn’t say anything. He just closes his eyes and enjoys the wind blowing through his hair, holding onto the car tightly. Taking deep breaths of the fresh air, he smiles.

The ride is as short as he had expected and soon enough they’re in front of a large shop with a huge garage. Jimin does his best to look around as they get out of the car. He can hear loud banging and whirring noises. He vaguely remembers his mother mentioning some sort of shop marking the end of town, but he didn’t realize it was a mechanic.

There’s pretty much nothing around the area aside from the shop, the street is practically empty but the dirt that leads to the garage is well worn down. The garage itself is large but time has taken a visible toll on the building. Instead of looking worn down, though, it looks welcoming.

“Whoa,” he gasps as he looks around. The place itself is huge, several cars around and in various states of repair.

“Isn’t it cool?” Taehyung says as he comes up behind Jimin, “This is all Jin’s. Well, technically it’s his dad’s but who knows where he’s at so we all kinda just work here.” Taehyung shrugs and pushes him forward.

“I think I hear Jin inside,” Hoseok says and walks up next to Jimin, pushing the double doors open. There’s a smiling man sitting behind the front desk, looking overwhelmed with paperwork as he types into his computer. Jimin has to stifle his giggles at the bright pink keyboard cover and random Mario figurines all around the desk.

“You’re all so loud,” he complains before pressing one last key and looking over at them, “I’m Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin. Sorry about them, they act like they were raised by wolves most of the time.” Everyone snickers and Jimin laughs at the poor joke, nodding before introducing himself.

“Oh! You’re the ever so popular Jimin,” Jin claps his hands excitedly, “I’ve heard so much about you. I think you’re responsible for Taehyung actually going to class, so you know, that’s a win.”

Jimin laughs, blushing a little from the attention and Jin looks over at Jeongguk, “How was school?”

Jeongguk sighs but tells him that everything was fine.

“Jin, stop harassing your little brother so much. He’s been fine,” comes a voice from the garage and Jimin turns his head to see a tall blonde walk in. He’s wiping his hands off on a dirty rag, Jimin doesn’t know how clean it will leave them, not with how dirty his coveralls are.

Jin huffs and pouts a little before scrunching his nose up as the man approaches, “What did you do, bathe in oil?”

He laughs, clearly embarrassed, and rubs the back of his neck, “Ah, I had an accident with the oil canister.”

Taehyung and Jeongguk outright laugh behind him but Jin just sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose, “What am I going to do with you?” but he can’t hide the fondness in his voice, “You’re making a terrible first impression.”

He straightens and looks over at Jimin, standing in front of Taehyung, “My bad, I’m Namjoon. Nice to meet you.” He smiles as he speaks and Jimin’s a little distracted by the huge dimple on his face. At first, he thought that this man was older, but the dimple makes him look as young as they are.

“Jimin, nice to meet you too,” he replies with a smile on his face, feeling immediately at ease within the small group.

“Jimin is in AP Calc this year!” Taehyung pipes up, “You should help him out! You’re really good at that kind of stuff.”

Jimin and Namjoon both groan in unison, “Oh, don’t remind me of that class,” Namjoon groans, “Is he still doing the weekly tests?”

“Yeah,” Jimin whines, “I have no idea how I’m going to keep up with the workload.”

“It’s not as bad as it sounds,” he promises, “Just keep up with the take home problems and you should be fine. I’m always around if you want any help too though, so don’t be afraid to ask.”

“I may take you up on that,” Jimin replies gratefully before Hoseok leans over and looks through the open door and into the garage.

“Where’s Yoongi? He’s not working with Joonie?” He looks around before looking over at Jin.

“I sent him out to pick up some parts in the truck, he should be back any minute,” Jin offers before looking over at Namjoon, “Go clean up so we can go and start on dinner,” he looks over at Jimin and smiles, “Are you staying for dinner?”

Jimin blushes and looks back at Taehyung. He thought that Taehyung would have asked, assumed he did, but now he’s feeling a little uncomfortable. He doesn’t want to intrude.

“Oh, I don’t want to in—”

“Yep!” Taehyung interrupts before patting his head, “I’ll go show him around.” Jimin sputters but doesn’t have time to protest before he’s being pushed out through the door Namjoon came in from and into the garage.

“This is where all of the magic happens,” he explains, waving his hands around, “We’re the only mechanic shop for a while so there’s usually work to do somewhere.”

“Taehyung, I thought you asked if I could come over,” Jimin whispers loudly, more whiny than he had hoped, “I feel bad now.”

Taehyung stops mid step and turns to look at him, “Hey, I didn’t have to ask, I knew they would invite you in for me. Jin already loves you and Namjoon will be too excited to talk to someone interested in school. Trust me, you’ll fit right in. Don’t worry your pretty head about it.”

Jimin gnaws on his bottom lip before sighing, in resignation, “Fine. A warning would be nice.”

Taehyung smiles, full on boxy smile, before grabbing Jimin’s wrist and showing him around the garage.  They have quite a bit of storage space, perfect to fit all of the spare parts of all kinds that they house. Their supplier isn’t close by so they tend to buy in bulk, Taehyung explains.

“I’m not too good with the logistics of it all,” he shrugs, “but I’m pretty good with my hands.”

They go through the side of the garage and Jimin is taken aback by how close the forest is, “Woah, this forest must be huge,” he mumbles.

Taehyung smiles, “Yeah! We love how close it is to everything. Makes it feel like we’re closer to nature and all that.”

Jimin nods, not taking his eyes off the trees, “I know what you mean. I feel like we’re disconnected from everything else around here.”

“The house is over that way,” Taehyung says after a moment, pointing over to a small house, “Come on, I’ll show you around before everyone shows up and it gets crazy.”

Jimin nods, turning away from the forest, he follows Taehyung across the grass. A few steps in, they both stop as a loud truck pulls in, back loaded with all kinds of equipment. He can’t make out the person too well, but it seems like they can.

The black-haired man stops as soon as he steps out of the truck and stares in their direction. Jimin can’t be sure who he’s looking at, but he can’t take his eyes off the man. There’s something hypnotic about him, drawing him closer. A strange jolt that courses through his body as their eyes meet, or at least Jimin thinks their eyes meet. His breath catches in his throat but before he can ask Taehyung who that is, the man turns and walks straight into the forest.

“That’s Yoongi,” he hears Taehyung say but he can’t take his eyes off the tree line, “He does that sometimes, just ignore it.”

Jimin hums in response but keeps standing there. He can’t explain it, but he has the inexplicable urge to follow after him, make sure everything’s okay. He talks himself down though and shakes himself out of his stupor.

“Sorry, what?” Jimin says after a minute, looking over at Taehyung. He has a strange look on his face, calculating but a little amused and Jimin doesn’t quite know what to make of it.

“Nothing,” Taehyung mutters before grabbing his wrist and leading Jimin to the house. They travel the distance rather quickly. Taehyung quickly seems more and more excited the closer to the house, and by the time they’re walking in he’s practically vibrating out of his skin.

“This is it!” He proclaims, throwing his arms widely, “We’re constantly working on it, making adjustments here and there, but it’s home.”

Jimin looks around and there’s a strong sense of home from the space. There are traces of the home being lived in, of this being a family home everywhere. Looking around the walls, he sees pictures of several people, some he can pinpoint but others looking older and clearly parents.

“Do you all live here together?” He asks as he looks at a picture of all six of them. It must have been taken a couple of years ago, but he can make their distinct features out. Taehyung’s had the same boxy grin since he was young and Jeongguk, well, he looks like the child he was. He must not have gone through his growth spurt just yet and his chubby cheeks remind Jimin of a small bunny.

Namjoon and Jin look cozy in the back, watching as Jeongguk and Taehyung play around with what must be Hoseok. The dark-haired man he saw earlier is in the picture too, sitting off to the side. He has a soft smile on his face and although it’s not big, Jimin feels himself smiling too.

“Yeah, we converted some rooms into bedrooms,” Taehyung explains, “They’re over here, lemme show you.” Taehyung leads Jimin out of the open dining and kitchen space over through the living room and to a hallway.

Jimin follows along with an awed look on his face, the whole house is made out of wood, huge windows everywhere and letting in all of the sunlight from outside. It’s decorated well, carvings of all kinds of things everywhere, but most prominently is the reappearance of wolves. They’re beautifully carved into the wood, each looking different and with identifying marks. It’s amazing to Jimin, who’s only ever seen buildings made out of concrete.

“The first bedroom there,” he points to the first door at the beginning of the hall, “is Jin and Namjoon’s. That one is Yoongi’s and this one is Hobi’s. Mine and Jeongguk’s is down at the end of the hall.”

He follows Taehyung past the hallway to a large open area, “This is the den, we kinda just, use it for whatever we want but mostly we hang out here. According to Jin, the living room is for guests, or whatever,” the strength of Taehyung’s eyeroll makes Jimin giggle before Taehyung smiles and looks over to the entertainment center, “I’ve got a bunch of video games over here, though!” Jimin laughs at Taehyung’s excitement. He takes a moment to appreciate the various rugs and pillows thrown all over the huge couch in the middle. It’s clearly more of a relaxed area, hidden in the back of the house, than the living room, which was right at the entrance.

The house is all interconnected so closely, with the den behind the kitchen and Jimin can already smell whatever it is that’s cooking.

“That smells amazing,” he comments absentmindedly, “What is it?”

Taehyung tilts his nose up, reminding Jimin more of a dog than anything, “Beef, and cheese, some veggies too. Oh! Hamburgers!” Taehyung claps happily and leads the way back to the dining room.

Jimin stands in awe of Taehyung amazing sense of smell, but follows quickly.

He spies Taehyung crowding around Jin and laughs at the way Jin swats his long arms away. It’s quite funny, even though Taehyung is a little meatier than Jin, Jin’s quicker, all lean muscle whipping out his hands and spatula to smack Taehyung every time he gets too close to the food.

“Can I help?” Jimin offers, heading closer, “I cook at home all the time,” he explains as Jin looks over at him, “Mom works weird hours sometimes.”

Jin smiles as Jimin shrugs and points over to the whole tomatoes, “Yeah, actually. I’d love to have some help. All of these buffoons are useless honestly,” he lands a loud and quite satisfying smack on Taehyung’s wrist that leaves his hand red and he yelps but Jin ignores him, “Can you slice the tomatoes?”

Jimin shoos Taehyung out of the kitchen as he enters and joins Jin at his side. Washing his hands quickly, he grabs the knife lying close to the cutting board and does his best to cut thin slices of the tomatoes.

At least it was something he was confident about doing. It was a nice feeling, being in the house, everything that was going on around him was almost overwhelmingly home-y.

“How many did you want me to cut?” He asks as he looks at all of the tomatoes questionably.

Jin looks over his shoulder, “Just cut them all, with the way everyone eats they’ll all be gone.” Jimin nods but when he looks back over at the pile of tomatoes his eyes widen. Does everyone in this house absorb food like a black hole?

Shrugging, he gets to work, cutting the tomatoes as evenly as he can manage. Jin flutters around the kitchen as he works around Jimin, quick and scarily efficient in his preparation of all of the meat. He sets out a plate next to Jimin and Jimin lays out the tomatoes on the plate as they start saturating the cutting board.

He does well, cutting the tomatoes and it’s not until the fifth tomato that his hand slips, just a little, and he the blade slices into his skin instead of the tomato. He winces at the cut and instantly wraps his lips around his finger, cringing internally at the prominent taste of blood. There’s some rustling around him before both Jin and Taehyung are around him.

“Are you okay?” They both ask at the same time, “Let me see,” Jin’s face is scrunched up in worry as he holds out his hand for Jimin’s.

“It’s fine, just a scratch,” he says as he takes his finger out of his mouth and hands it over for inspection. Both Taehyung and Jin grab his arm and hold it up, looking at the small cut. He’s not wrong, it is pretty small, but the knife is so sharp that he bled a good amount.

“Do you think he needs stitches, Jin?” Taehyung asks Jin and Jimin’s eyes widen. It’s not nearly big enough for it to need stitches.

“Wh—”

The two ignore him completely, focused on his finger, “I don’t think so,” Jin mumbles and turns his hand to get a better look, “It looks pretty deep but it’s not very wide so I don’t think it’s too bad.”

“I just need to wash it and put a bandaid over it and I’ll be fine!” Jimin assures them, “I’ve had worse than this, don’t worry!”

Jin looks at him wearily, forehead still pinched, but he releases Jimin’s wrist carefully. Jimin smiles, hoping to ease them, before turning to the sink and running his finger under cold water. The water itself stings a little as it runs over the wound, but it washes the last of his blood off.

“Um, do you guys have any bandaids?” He asks as he shuts the water off. Turning, Taehyung looks confused while Jin laughs.

“Ah, no we uh, we usually heal pretty quickly,” he apologizes, “Is there something that will do?”

Jimin wracks his brain for a good alternative. The cut is not nearly severe enough to keep bleeding so something as simple as a napkin should be good enough to protect the small cut.

“A napkin should be fine,” he offers, “I don’t think that it’s going to keep on bleeding or anything.”

Jin nods and hands him a small napkin before shooing them both out of the kitchen, “The food is pretty much ready. Tae, set the table, will you?” he tilts his head to the right “Jeongguk, you too!”

Jimin is about to mention that Jeongguk isn’t around but as he turns, Jeongguk comes out of the hallway looking like a chastised child. Jimin smiles at the youngest’s antics, and tries to help but he’s nudged to a chair at the end of the table by Taehyung and Jeongguk as they set the table. They’re efficient, working around each other as they set everything up and the next thing Jimin knows, Jin is setting the food in the middle of the table.

“Food’s ready,” he calls out before sitting down across from Jimin, “I hope you like hamburgers, Jimin.”

Jimin nods his head quickly and smiles as Taehyung sits to his right, “Yeah! I’m not very picky when it comes to food, honestly.”

“That’s good to hear,” Jin laughs as Hoseok stumble in, laughing and looking back.

“Yoongi’s coming,” Hoseok says before sitting down next to Jin. He shoots Hoseok a questioning look, but before Jin can ask anything Namjoon and Yoongi are entering the room.

Jimin meets Yoongi’s dark eyes and feels his ears heat up by how hard he blushes. The same jolt he felt earlier courses through his body as their gazes lock. He’s felt attraction before, he’s been in relationships with all sorts of people before, but there’s something about Yoongi that makes Jimin think that this is different.

He feels hypnotized by the way that Yoongi’s eyelashes fan out and frame his dark eyes, sharp and intense as they watch him. They remind him vaguely of a predator, watching its prey carefully, and if Jimin’s honest, he doesn’t know if being caught would be a bad thing. Yoongi’s thin, pink lips draw Jimin in closer and he has to remind himself that he probably shouldn’t be all over a stranger. Namjoon clears his throat and takes Jimin’s attention from Yoongi for a moment.

“This is Jimin,” he introduces but Yoongi doesn’t say anything. He stares at Jimin and he can feel his blush intensifying as the seconds pass. The room is so silent that they could probably hear a pin drop.

He licks his lips and offers a small smile, “Hi,” he greets, shy and a bit intimidated by how intense this dark-haired boy is watching him. It feels like he’s staring straight into his soul.

Yoongi’s eyes dart to watch his lips for a split second before he closes his eyes, “Yoongi,” he grunts after a moment. A tense silence takes over the room, as if everyone is expecting something to happen but Jimin doesn’t know what. He feels everyone’s eyes on them, he wants to ask what’s happening, but he can’t bring himself to look at anyone but Yoongi.

“Right,” Jin says after a long moment, “Food.” His words prompt Yoongi into action, sitting on Hoseok’s empty side. Everyone seems to release a collective breath and it’s not until Yoongi settles that Namjoon moves.

Jimin shakes himself out of his own trance and smiles at Jin, “Thank you for the food, it looks delicious.”

Taehyung quickly launches into some ramble about his day, telling everyone how much he hates chemistry and Jimin manages to put in his two cents before Namjoon brings up calculus and they stem off to have a discussion of the merits of weekly testing.

Jimin feels a pair of eyes on him throughout dinner, and it takes him a few glances in Yoongi’s direction before he realizes it’s his eyes that are burning holes into the side of his head.

He offers to wash the dishes, the way he knows his mom would be proud, but Jin shoos him off before telling Jeongguk and Hoseok to do them.

“What? But it’s Tae’s turn!” Jeongguk complains pouting fiercely.

Jin sighs and sends Jeongguk an exasperated look, “Tae has to drive Jimin home. He’ll take your turn next time.”

Taehyung shoots out of his seat and whoops, “I get to drive!” before taking Jimin’s arm. Jimin barely manages to send a quick thank you to Jin over his shoulder before Taehyung is leading him out of the house. He can hear Jeongguk complain loudly inside but he’s dragged away too quickly to make out what his retort is.

“Do you drive?” Jimin asks wearily as the Jeep gets closer and Taehyung laughs, ignoring the question completely.

“Stay here, I’m just gonna grab the keys,” he shoots over his shoulder before running inside. It takes him just a second before he’s coming back out and unlocking the Jeep.

It doesn’t take long for Jimin to see why Taehyung doesn’t drive too often. If he thought that Hoseok drove quickly, it was nothing in comparison to Taehyung’s driving. He swore his life was flashing in front of his eyes as they drove through some of the turns getting back into the heart of town. Jimin clutches the car firmly and does his best to ignore the way his stomach swoops all too often.

Thankfully they make it back in one piece and Jimin breathes for what he feels like is the first time since he got in the car,

“Tae, I love you man, but,” he sits up and grabs his backpack, “You drive like a lunatic, I hope you know that.”

Taehyung throws his head back and laughs, “But did you die?”

Jimin knows it’s a rhetorical question, but a small part of his sanity may have. “Stop being so dramatic, Jiminie. I’d never let anything happen to you. Live a little.”

“Yeah yeah,” Jimin laughs before opening the door and jumping out of the car, “Thanks for the ride, Tae. And tell Jin thanks for the food.”

“You’re welcome,” Taehyung quips easily, “and he heard you the first time Jimin.”

Jimin sighs and rolls his eyes, “Please?”

“Yeah yeah,” Taehyung waves him off, “Now get inside, it’s getting cold outside.”

Jimin fishes his keys out of his pocket and waves back at Taehyung, “Drive back safely!” he says before unlocking his house and stepping in.

That night, he sits on his window sill, looking out into darkness of the forest. The night air is cold, nipping at his exposed skin, but he enjoys the crisp breeze that brushes past his face. Even though it’s already past nightfall, he hears life in the forest. There’s some rustling around, close to the edge of the tree line by his back yard but when nothing comes out, his interest dies and he retreats from the window, into the warmth of his bed.

It’s not until he’s almost asleep that he hears a long drawn out howl. His foggy brain credits it to how tired he is, but he swears he can taste the longing in the sound of its cry.

 

Notes:

oh god, this is the first work im splitting into chapters. i hope that you like them and stick through with it!!

Chapter 2

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

That weekend, Jimin decides to go explore. He’s looked up hiking tips online and packed himself a backpack full of stuff he thinks he could need; a camera, a water bottle, and ribbons just in case he gets into thick woods. He wants to explore, not get lost. Making sure his phone is charged before he heads out, he triple checks he has everything.

Locking up the house, he takes off at a relaxed pace, looking around and watching as the wildlife around him runs. He feels unusually loud and clumsy as he walks because the terrain is difficult to navigate. Thankfully, as he makes his way in deeper, he notices what appears to be a small trail close by. Looking around, his eyes follow the beginning of the trail and he’s surprised to see it end up right by the street. Hiking up his backpack, he steps onto the trail. The ground is littered with branches, dirt and leaves, but it’s easier to walk through.

Jimin follows the trail easily, taking pictures of pretty things as he goes. The forest around him changes as he goes in deeper. Looking into the forest itself, he notes the way it gets denser, darker as the thick trees obscure the rays of sunshine. He takes amazing pictures with the help of patches of sunlight that make its way through the treetop. Completely entranced by the beauty around him, he doesn’t realize he’s reached the end until he hears noise. Turning his head, he looks toward the edge of the forest, and sure enough, he sees the edges of a building.

Curious, he steps out through the trail and is completely surprised by his high school grounds. He just found a short cut with beautiful scenery.

Happy with his discovery, he grins to himself before turning around and walking back into the forest. He still has time before he should be heading home and there’s so much around to explore he doesn’t want to go back just yet.

The sun still shines brightly up in the sky, but it’s no longer at its peak. Glancing down at his watch, he calculates another three hours of time before the sun starts setting. He pauses to take a drink of water before setting out again. Off to his right, he notices a beautiful patch of bushes, with what look like berries, and he’s instantly interested.

He deviates from the trail, just a little and reaches out for the berries. He knows better than to eat them, but he takes pictures so he can look them up. Squirrels and birds run around him, chirping and squeaking at each other. The sounds of the forest around him lull him into a relaxed state, content with staying put and enjoying the atmosphere.

Setting his stuff on the ground, he lies next to it. Taking pictures of the canopy, he takes his time enjoying his surroundings. The air around him is fresh. He feels enveloped by nature, and in a way, he is. This is the place where he can finally relax. He no longer feels the urge to do something, his brain isn’t screaming at him to entertain himself.

Jimin closes his eyes, finally feeling at peace.

He doesn’t know how long he stays there, completely at ease, but eventually he hears an increased amount of rustling around him. Suddenly, the memory of a howl in the middle of the night comes to the forefront of his mind. He’s heard of wolves in the area, further in the forest at least, but he can’t help but wonder what could have driven the wolf to howl alone. What was it doing so close to the city?

Opening his eyes, the sun is significantly lower and the temperature is much lower than it was when he left his house. He’s quick to gather his stuff, pocketing the berry, and get back onto the trail. It takes him less time than he would have thought to get onto his street, and from there he manages it home easily.

 

 

The school week moves along at a snail's pace.

Once Jimin gets acclimated to the town, to the school, and most importantly to the people, he can’t wait to get out of school. It’s not that school isn’t good— it is, he likes the classes, but hanging out with Taehyung and his friends is always better. It has become almost routine for them to head to the garage after school, and while most of the time he only stays for an hour or two working on homework and such, he loves every second of it.

The hustle and bustle of the shop never seems to stop, there’s always a new car in the garage needing something done or a new order that needs to be unpacked. It amazes Jimin, just how hard they work as young as they are without any parents around. The only thing that keeps him from worrying about them all is how much of a unit they are. He doesn’t need to be around them all the time to notice the way they’re constantly taking care of each other, making sure they don’t overwork themselves.

It’s not until the weekend after his explorations that he gets a chance to hang out with the group without the pressure of school hanging around his shoulders. It’s not from a lack of trying, but rather, the lack of opportunity.

“Jimin, tell me you’re not busy tonight,” Hoseok says as he sets his stuff down for lunch. It’s a Friday, of course he doesn’t have any plans.

He looks at Taehyung from the floor before looking up at Hoseok, “Uh, no?”

Taehyung shoots up, eyes wide, “Oh! Right, I totally forgot.” Jimin looks even more confused but he catches the exasperated look Hoseok shoots Taehyung.

“We’re doing a bonfire over at the beach tonight,” Hoseok explains easily, “I should have known this idiot would have forgotten to mention it, but Jin personally demanded that you come.”

“Yeah, you should come! It’s super cool,” Taehyung rearranges himself with his legs crossed in front of himself, “Jin brings his guitar and we have s’mores and everything.” His gestures are huge and the excitement is plain on his face, it brings a smile to Jimin’s face.

“I mean, I don’t see why not,” he agrees, “Is there something I should bring?”

Hoseok shakes his head, “Just yourself.”

Jimin gauges Hoseok’s expression, but there’s no hesitation there. He debates on insisting, claiming that there’s always something to bring, but he decides against it. He’s known them for a little over a month and they never fail to claim Jimin doesn’t have to do anything, bring anything, that his presence is enough.

“Alright,” he says after a moment, “Where are we meeting up?”

Hoseok looks at Taehyung, “You know where he lives right?”

Taehyung nods.

“We’ll pick you up then, say, around seven?” Hoseok suggests and Jimin smiles before nodding. It gives him time to change into more appropriate clothing, eat something, and do some homework.

“Sounds good,” he confirms.

The rest of the school day, he can’t contain his excitement. He’s never been to a bonfire, ever, so he has almost no idea what to expect, but knowing them it’ll be fun no matter what.

They bid each other goodbye after school and Jimin practically skips as he reaches the beginning of the trail. Ever since he discovered it, he’s been using it to get home, enjoying the journey a little more but also shaving off some time from the walk. Instead of going around the section of the forest, he goes through it.

He makes it home easily and the first thing he does is set water to boil to make some ramen. Knowing that they’re probably going to eat quite a bit, the way they usually do, he decides against a full meal.

He practically inhales the ramen nearly burning his mouth, before getting his homework out. It’s as horrible as always, full of calculus problems and reading to get through but he pushes through. He circles problems he wants to go through with Namjoon but he manages to finish with an hour to spare.

Staring at his wallet, he debates on going to the store. He knows that Hoseok told him not to bring anything, but he’s not comfortable showing up empty handed. His mother taught him better than that.

The store a block down has several choices for food that leave him stumped for longer than he would have liked, but in the end, Jimin decides on chips. Chips are pretty simple to satisfy everyone and they don’t require cooking. Looking around, he debates what type but decides on a simple sea salt flavor and buys three family size bags.

That should be enough.

He barely makes it home in time to change into his comfortable sneakers and grab a ratty old hoodie before he hears a honk outside his door. He gathers the food and his keys before walking out of the house.

The car is empty aside from Jin, which surprises Jimin but he figures the others are already there.

“You didn’t have to bring anything,” Jin tells him gently. The bags are so big in his arms that he can barely see over the bags, but he does his best to smile at Jin while shaking his head. He throws the chips into the empty back seat and settles in the front before greeting Jin.

“Sorry, I didn’t really feel comfortable showing up without anything?” He doesn’t want to feel like he’s not contributing something at least, since he’s going to be eating too.

Jin waves him off but starts the car, “So how was your day? Not too bad I hope?”

Jimin shakes his head before telling him all about his day at school. It’s a little strange, he doesn’t really tell anyone about his day unless something exciting happened, but it’s nice to see the way Jin listens attentively. There’s something inherently comforting about Jin, his presence, and the way he’s always listening and watching. He’s the older brother that Jimin never had.

The drive is long, past the shop and further out into the wilderness. He watches as the forest flies past the car and the ocean breeze starts to whip past his face. Jin’s driving is by far the slowest, at a normal pace and a small part of him misses the thrill. Mostly though, he’s happy not to have his stomach in his throat from nerves.

The sun is long gone by the time they show up, allowing them to drive up to the empty beach. The fire is blazing high up, dancing across their faces. Unsurprisingly, Taehyung is the first to shoot up, running over to Jimin almost like an overexcited puppy. Jimin laughs and hands him the chips, loving the way his face lights up so much more.

“Chips!” He exclaims, “Jin never lets us have chips, thank you Jiminie, you’re the best!”

“That’s because they’re bad for you,” he hears Jin grumble behind him but smiles so Jimin figures he didn’t make a terrible mistake.

The sound of the waves crashing off in the darkness makes him smile, relaxing him as he settles beside Taehyung. As they sit and talk, Jeongguk and Jin bickering hilariously, Jimin’s surprised by how strong the ocean breeze is, how salty it is, and he curls into his hoodie.

Looking around, he notices that he’s the only one with a hoodie on, but he can’t say he’s surprised. If there’s one thing he’s learned about this group as a whole, is that they’re all somehow impervious to the cold. They wear pants often enough, but Jimin doesn’t think that Taehyung owns a longsleeve of any kind.

His eyes stray to Yoongi, the only one wearing a jacket, even if it doesn’t look all too warm. He looks comfortable, surrounded by his friends and Jimin’s heart skips a beat as he sees the small smile dance across his face. His pale features are brightened by the fire, making him look like he’s almost glowing and Jimin honestly has no idea how someone can be so pretty.

He hears them talking around him, laughing and maybe singing, but he can’t take his eyes away from Yoongi.

Is his stare always this intense?

Their eyes meet and Jimin feels his throat tighten. He hasn’t had a chance to see Yoongi since the dinner. Yoongi’s always busy running errands and fixing things around the house whenever Jimin’s around. But Jimin had hoped that maybe his body wouldn’t react as intensely every time that they meet.  

Meeting his stare full on, he’s proven wrong. It feels just as intense as it was the very first time, lighting his nerves on fire and creating a strangely tense air around them. He feels like he should do something, say something, but he can’t move. He’s frozen under Yoongi’s heavy and powerful stare.

The twinkle in Yoongi’s dark eyes shifts just a little, sending a shiver through his body and making his mouth go dry.

“You cold, Jimin?” Taehyung asks, sitting next to him. He probably felt Jimin shiver but it was definitely not because he’s cold. Now that he mentions it though, the temperature has definitely dropped since they arrived

He licks his lips once before looking over at Taehyung and smiling sheepishly, “A little but—”

He doesn’t get a chance to finish his sentence before he’s gathered in Taehyung’s arms and dragged in between his legs, “Aish, Jiminie, you should have brought a thicker jacket.”

Jimin grumbles a bit for show but they inevitably dissolve into laughter before shuffling around, “Oh my god, you’re like a space heater, what the fuck?” Jimin remarks before scooting back and pressing himself against Taehyung, comfortably settling himself between Taehyung’s legs.

“What can I say? I’m just hot,” Taehyung quips and Jimin smacks his leg but doesn’t stop Taehyung from wrapping his arms around him.

“Don’t let it get to your head,” Jimin groans, already envisioning the boastful jabs that will most likely follow him in the following weeks.

There’s a short, strange pause where Taehyung looks up but Jimin can’t make out his expression from his position. He figures everything is fine as Taehyung settles his chin into his head.

He looks back at Yoongi, feeling drawn to him, but the previous comfortable expression shifted to something else. His eyes remain intense, if not more so, but there’s a tense set to his lips that wasn’t there before.

Taehyung seems happier than ever, talking around him and moving his arms around as per usual, but Yoongi doesn’t take his eyes away from them. Jimin doesn’t know how Taehyung doesn’t flinch, how he apparently doesn't seem to notice anything as he continues on, when Jimin can’t breathe without feeling the weight of Yoongi’s gaze.

Jimin watches, completely enraptured, as the fire dances across Yoongi’s face perfectly and make his eyes look like they’re flashing gold. Jimin feels himself shiver, a mixture of cold and something else and Taehyung’s arms tighten around him.

Suddenly, Yoongi suddenly stands and takes off his jacket. Everyone stops and stares at him as he walks over and dumps the jacket over Jimin’s head before returning back to his seat.

“You haven’t stopped shivering,” Yoongi explains as he settles back down. Taehyung and Jeongguk laugh, exchanging a knowing glance that Jimin barely registers. He’s unable to take his wide eyes from Yoongi, trying to process what just happened. He clutches the jacket to his chest, nonetheless.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to get sick or something?” Jimin replies, biting his lips nervously. He wants the jacket, of course he does, but Yoongi’s just wearing a white shirt underneath; he doesn’t want Yoongi to get cold, or worse, sick, just because he’s cold.

Namjoon chuckles and draws Jimin’s attention to him, “Don’t worry about Yoongi, he’s fine. He just thinks that the jacket makes him look cool.”

This time everyone laughs, easing the atmosphere. Jimin laughs along weakly and meets Yoongi’s eyes. They share a nod and Jimin takes that as permission to slip the jacket on.

It’s warm, so so warm, he feels like he’s enveloped in an amazing hug. The material of the jacket is surprisingly soft, but the best part is that it fits perfectly. Yoongi seems to be the only normal sized one out of the group, only a centimeter or two taller than Jimin, but he’s built pretty much the same. He can’t help but think how they would fit together, so comfortably. There’s a line of muscle under his lean form that makes Jimin think that the man is stronger than he looks, solid in the way he carries himself and Jimin wants to touch, wants to learn everything about him.

Taehyung stands up to grab something from the car and Jimin takes the opportunity to scoot back to where he was. He doesn’t need Taehyung to hug him when he’s got Yoongi’s jacket, seeping warmth down into his bones. Zipping it up in the front, he buries his face into the collar of the jacket, warming up his nose, and he’s unexpectedly hit with the strong scent of the forest.

It’s enticing, how welcoming the jacket feels, how comfortable it is, and makes him never want to take it off. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, enjoying the way the scent comforts him. He hears Taehyung come back and settle down next to him but Jimin doesn’t take his face out of the collar. He just sits there with closed eyes, taking gulps of it until his brain starts going a little foggy.

Jin takes his guitar out just as promised and they break out into songs, ranging from old songs his grandmother played, to songs on the radio that are too catchy. He hums along with the tunes he recognizes, low and a little shy.

It doesn’t take long for the shyness to vanish and he’s cheerfully singing along, belting out the lyrics alongside Taehyung and Jeongguk.

They sound surprisingly good, Taehyung’s lower register pairing with his voice nicely but it’s Jeongguk that clearly loves singing, doing all sorts of vocal gymnastics and showing off his skills. They cheer him on as he sings and he’s later surprised by the way that the older four chime in, clumsily singing along and it quickly devolves into a strange rapping session that is hilarious paired with a guitar.

He’s overcome with contentedness, this is what he had pictured when he decided that this year was going to be different, that hopefully he’d make some friends, and he did.

Resting his head-on Taehyung’s shoulder, he lets the pleasant comfort lull him into a hazy stage between dream and consciousness. The sounds of the group talking and singing around him fall into the background as his breathing slows. He slowly loses himself, content to ride the waves of sleep with the ocean waves and voices as a lullaby.

“Is he asleep?” A voice seeps through his dream-like haze but his muddled brain can’t discern if he’s dreaming it or not. The deep and smooth voice serves to further lull him to sleep, the familiar low tones rumbling through him. Jimin curls further into himself, into the warmth surrounding him, and his arms curl protectively in front of his chest.

“You should take him home.” He dreams of his home, his soft bed with soft sheets and he yearns to be there, but he doesn’t want to let go of the warmth or the wonderful smell he has around him.

He vaguely registers being picked up and he may whine in complaint at being jostled, but the comfortable warmth only grows, blanketing him completely and coaxing him in further into sleep. The previous scent that enveloped him grows stronger, reminding him forests and berries and he takes a deep breath.

He can’t get enough of it, he wants to embed it into himself, absorb it into his pores so that he never goes without. Burying his face deeper into the warmth, into the amazing scent, he lets the rest of the world melt away.

He wakes up in his bed, the sky still dark and window wide open. He thinks he hears noise outside of his window, but he’s too tired, too comfortable, to find out what it is. Instead, he curls up tighter into the increasingly familiar scent and lets himself drift off into sleep.

 

 

Calculus is Jimin’s worst nightmare. Not only does he have a massive amount of reading for his history and literature classes, but the fact that he has a small test every week takes a toll on his stress levels. It’s not that he doesn’t understand it— he does for the most part, but sometimes he just wants a break.

Thank god for Kim Namjoon, savior and conqueror of Calculus.

“Is Namjoon in?” Jimin asks as he walks into the shop. He can hear Taehyung and Jeongguk bickering in the back about something tumbling in behind him but he ignores them in favor of Jin.

“Hm?” Jin hums, eyes glued to his computer screen and clearly not paying attention. Just as Jimin’s about to lean closer, Jin suddenly yells, startling Jimin, and waves his hands in the air frantically. Jimin flinches back at the loud sound, eyes wide as he tries to get his breathing normal again. Curious to see what Jin’s so frustrated about, he leans over the desk.

He’s surprised to see it’s a game.

“And here I thought you were always working so hard,” he teases and Jin sputters, doing his best to defend himself. Jimin can barely hear Jin over the laughing around him, but he’s glad to see the small smile on his lips.

It’s not until Namjoon stumbles in that everyone seems to calm down just a little, “You were looking for me? What’s up?”

“Yeah, I’ve got a couple of questions about calc?” Jimin explains, wincing, “If you have time, obviously.”

Namjoon’s eyes widen excitedly and he smiles as he wipes his hands on his coveralls, “Yeah, I’m practically done for the day anyway. Let me go clean up a little and then I’ll meet you in the back office?”

Jimin bobs his head happily before waving at Jin and walking through the door behind him. Just like every other time, the room is almost spotless. Although the desk always has piles of paperwork and folders around, the surrounding area is clean. It goes against everything that Jimin knows about them all, but it’s always nice to see. It probably has to do with the fact that there aren’t many of them who spend long periods of time in the town.

The large desk in the middle of the room is fairly clean, the desktop monitor off, and the piles of paperwork seem to have some sort of order. It must not have been a busy day.

He quickly puts his stuff down and grabs a chair to pull along next to the desk chair facing the door. Just as he’s setting his notebook and textbook out, the door to his right is opened and Namjoon steps in.

“Ready?” He asks as he walks over. He leans over Jimin’s shoulder as he goes to settle into his office chair besides Jimin.

“Yeah, it shouldn’t be too bad. I got most of it but there were some quirks that I was confused about,” he admits with a shy smile on his face.

Namjoon nods and they dive right in. Just as he had hoped, Namjoon explains the quirks rather easily and in a way that Jimin understands. They work through a few example problems just to make sure he understands it before moving on.

Through the three problems, they laugh and poke fun at each other, throwing compliments at each other and laughing as they blush. Jimin makes sure to poke Namjoon’s dimples whenever he gets a chance and laughs at the way Namjoon swats him away, grinning harder.

“You two are having too much fun in here to be doing homework,” Taehyung walks in before draping himself over Jimin’s back, resting his head on Jimin’s.

Jimin groans at the added weight and shakes his head trying to dislodge him, “Your chin is pointy,” he complains, shaking his head harder and whining, “Get off.”

“No, I’m bored, are you guys done yet?” Taehyung whines back and reminds Jimin of an impatient child.

Namjoon sighs, clearly used to Taehyung’s antics, “Yeah,” before straightening. He hears Taehyung whoop in the back happily before his weight is taken off Jimin’s back.

Jimin groans as he stretches out, being as dramatic as possible before putting all of his stuff away, “Did you have something planned?”

Taehyung nods and drags them both out of the room as soon as they’re ready, and into the front desk of the shop. Jimin’s surprised by the fact that the rest of the guys are already there, apparently waiting for them to be done.

They all look ready to go out, and like both times he’s seen Yoongi before, he’s the only one wearing a jacket. Jimin can’t deny the fact that he looks amazing in all black, the ripped jeans with black shirt make his lean form look great, but the beanie on his head and leather jacket pull the look together perfectly. If Jimin felt dramatic, he would say that Yoongi looks like a model that just walked out of GQ.

He’s not dramatic; not even a little.

“We’re going to the movies!” Taehyung declares a little too loud.

Hoseok tosses a pair of keys at Jin, so quick Jimin’s more than a little impressed, while Yoongi quietly pockets the other pair.

They shuffle out of the lobby and Jimin is surprised to see how naturally they order off. Instead of fighting over who gets the front seat the way Jimin’s used to, Namjoon walks over as if it belongs to him, relegating Taehyung and Jeongguk to the back.

It’s interesting to see the dynamics, how the parents of the group take the lead and everyone else is content to follow along. Just as he’s about to step closer to the Jeep and take the remaining spot in the back, Hoseok runs past him and jumps into the Jeep squishing in alongside Taehyung.

“We’ll meet you two there, Yoongi knows how to get there,” Namjoon calls out as Jin starts the car and pulls away. Jimin looks over to the truck to his left and sure enough, Yoongi is in the driver’s seat waiting for him. He feels tension coiling in his stomach that he tries to ignore and brush off. It’s just a car ride, there’s nothing to worry about, he’s not going to bite. Who cares if Yoongi is the most intense and stony silent guy he’s ever met. Jimin smiles politely and nods his head and jogs over to the other side of the truck.

He hops into the seat easily and as soon as his seatbelt is clicked, Yoongi takes off after Jin. There’s an awkward silence in the car, amping up the nerves he feels, making his hands get clammy as he looks out the window.

He tries to enjoy the scenery but he can’t seem to focus on anything that isn’t the man driving. He’s pleasantly surprised to find that Yoongi’s driving is a happy medium between Jin and Hoseok, fast but Jimin’s not anxious about it. He doesn’t know what it is, but he feels strangely safe in Yoongi’s presence.

He debates sitting in silence, letting Yoongi drive them to the theater with Jimin staring out the window as he is doing, but his gut twists. It doesn’t feel right. Jimin feels like he should say something, anything really, but he can’t think of a single thing to say.  

Jimin clears his throat, “So,” he starts and regrets it immediately. His voice trails off as he desperately wracks his brain for something somewhat intelligent to ask, “uh, what movie are we going to watch?”

He berates himself internally, was that really the best he could think of? His chance to get to know Yoongi better, and he asks the most unimaginative question ever. He stares down at his hands, playing with the sleeves of his shirt

“Some action movie,” Yoongi says after a moment, drawing Jimin’s eyes to him.

He licks his lips before a small smile spreads on his face, “Oh? Does everyone like action movies?” The simple fact that Yoongi replied to his question eases the tension he feels and he relaxes into the seat, leaning back into it.

Yoongi grunts what Jimin assumes to be a ‘yes’ and Jimin tries to think of something else to say. He doesn’t know how long the drive is going to be, but he wants to know everything about this mysterious man. Jimin wants to be let in, to know what makes Yoongi tick and smile.

“So, uh,” he says again after an awkward pause, “How do you know everyone? If you don’t mind me asking?”

Yoongi looks over at Jimin and the two make eye contact before Yoongi looks back at the road, “I’ve known Joonie for as long as I can remember, our fathers were good friends,” he explains, and Jimin finds himself leaning in to hear the muttered words better. Yoongi’s voice isn’t as deep as Taehyung’s, but it’s definitely more gravelly. Jimin finds the lazy drawl soothing in a unique way.

“That’s super cool!” He remarks happily looking at Yoongi with a smile on his face, “Have you lived here your entire life then?”

Yoongi nods and Jimin swears that just for a second, for a split second, he smiled.

“Ah, I’m kinda jealous, not gonna lie,” he says before looking out the window and at the trees flying past them, “There’s so much forest everywhere. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before. I feel like we’re practically living in the forest, you know? There’s so much life all around us, it’s beautiful.”

He looks back at Yoongi, but Yoongi’s already looking at him. There’s an indescribable look on his face, an emotion that Jimin can’t quite place, but it makes his cheeks warm up in embarrassment anyway. The intensity of the gaze makes him feel like Yoongi is looking into his very soul.

He laughs awkwardly, running his hand through his hair and bites down on his lip nervously. Silence blankets the space between them, but it isn’t strained. There’s tension there, crackling between the two of them and Jimin hopes Yoongi says something. He can’t think of a single thing to say.

“The forest is my favorite part too,” Yoongi mumbles after a while and before Jimin can respond, they’re pulling into a smaller street then into a parking lot. Disappointment courses through him as they pull up; he doesn’t want their awkward conversation to end, not at all, but he doesn’t have much of a choice as Yoongi climbs out of the truck.

“Jimin! Yoongi!” A loud yell draws him out of his revere and Jimin can spot Hoseok waving his arms around, drawing their attention as soon as he steps out of the truck.

“I see grumpy grandpa over here didn’t kill you on the drive over,” Taehyung comments teasingly as they walk over, throwing an arm over Jimin’s shoulders with one arm and Jeongguk’s with the other, “Now the pack’s all complete. Let’s go.”

He doesn’t let anyone question him, leading the charge ahead to the ticketing booth while dragging his two unfortunate victims along. There’s a bit of a debate as to what time they should chose, if they wanted to get some food beforehand but Jin is quick to shut it down.

There’s another debate between whether to sit at the middle or at the back, Jeongguk and Taehyung claiming the back has the most room, but Hoseok claims the center sounds and looks better.

“It’s not like we need help with either of those,” Taehyung dismisses easily, “plus we can be louder in the back! No one there to shush us.” He must have said it as an inside joke because everyone laughs and leaves Jimin a little confused.

Hoseok throws Taehyung a strange look once they gather themselves but Taehyung somehow ends up winning. Jimin admittedly doesn't pay much attention, content to sit wherever they want. They file into the seats as they walk in, leaving Jimin between Yoongi and Hoseok.

Jimin does his best to use as little space as possible, keeping his hands on his knees comfortably between the two armrests. Hoseok leans over to ask if Jimin’s comfortable, if he can see alright, but Jimin’s quick to assure him everything is fine with a bright smile on his face.

As soon as the lights dim they all seem to settle down, and Jimin does his best to do the same. He’s excited to see the action film, it sounds like a good premise, he wants to pay attention to the film rather than the boy sitting next to him, but who knows how successful he’ll be.

The movie is good, a lot of explosions and fight scenes, but Yoongi keeps on fidgeting beside him. No matter how hard he tries, every inch of his skin is hyper aware to every single move that Yoongi makes. He wants to touch Yoongi, lay his hand next to his, lean in closer and maybe catch a bit more of that amazing forest scent that seems to follow him.

It catches him off guard, how he’s craving the physical affection of someone he barely knows, but something sits in Jimin that makes it feel like he’s known Yoongi for ages. There’s an aura of comfort when he’s around him, a feeling of inherent safety that Jimin doesn’t really understand.

It feels as if he has known the whole group for years. He fits right in, playing with Taehyung, talking with Namjoon, dancing with Hoseok; it’s like they’ve accepted him into their fold so easily that he doesn’t even want to question it.

The movie ends and they don’t linger in the theater. Taehyung and Jeongguk talk excitedly comparing favorite scenes and actors while Jimin listens, nodding along and adding his opinion whenever he can.

“Ice cream!” Jeongguk calls out as soon as they exit the building and, as if knowing Jin would protest, jogs down to the building next door with Taehyung hot on his heels.

“Why do I even try?” Jin mutters to himself with a big sigh and Namjoon chuckles, curling an arm around his waist as he nuzzles the side of his face. Jimin watches the exchange and suddenly feels like he’s observing a private moment.

They’re so comfortable with each other, Jimin watches the way they gravitate around one another; it’s like they don’t even need to see one another to know where they are. They’re so aware and in tune with each other it warms Jimin’s heart.

“C’mon,” Hoseok prompts, “We need to stop them before they buy out the whole store.”

They laugh, and it’s the first time Jimin sees Yoongi smile. Small as it is, it’s more solid than the glimpses he’s managed to have before. His features soften through the smile, warming up just a little and Jimin can’t help but wonder what he would look like laughing uncontrollably.

They manage to wrangle the two renegades relatively easily, but they each walk out with two scoops of ice cream anyway. They offer everyone some and Jimin hums happily as he takes a small spoonful of the ice cream.

“That’s really good!” He compliments, licking his lips and smacking them happily. Someone makes a strangled noise behind him and Namjoon laughs, but by the time Jimin looks back, Hoseok is animatedly talking with Yoongi with Namjoon listening raptly. Jimin tilts his head curiously but looks ahead after a few moments, shrugging and striking up a conversation with Taehyung.

They walk around for a while, talking and messing around, but by the time they pile back into their cars he can feel himself getting sleepy. He settles into his seat and leans the side of his head into the seat, closing his eyes for a moment.

He’s surprised to hear Yoongi speak first, “Tired?”

Jimin opens his eyes and smiles sheepishly, “Ah,” he complains as he stretches, trying to wake himself up, “I don’t know why I’m so drained.” He’s not usually one to get tired first, but the school day must have worn him out. He barely manages to catch the small smile on Yoongi’s face, just a small upturn of the corner of his lips, but it makes Jimin’s heart beat just a little bit faster.

He did that. He made Yoongi smile.

“Relax, it’ll take us half an hour to get you home anyway,” Yoongi murmurs but Jimin doesn’t want to waste the precious time he’s got with Yoongi.

“It’s alright, I’ll stay up with you,” Jimin smiles before shifting and turning his body to face Yoongi, “keep you company so you don’t fall asleep.” His teasing tone eases the tension he feels and manages to get Yoongi’s shoulders to drop just a little, so he counts it as a success.

“I won’t fall asleep,” Yoongi assures him but Jimin waves him off.

“So, you went to school with Namjoon? Does that mean you’re his age?” Jimin asks, firing the first question he could think of.

Yoongi looks over at Jimin before smiling, “Nah, I’m a year older than him. He’s just really smart, skipping grades and shit. He probably would have graduated with Jin if they let him.”

Jimin’s eyes widen and he nods. That makes Jin the oldest, but also means that they all went to school together too. Yoongi and Namjoon must’ve known Jin for quite some time then as well.

“Oh, okay. I can see that, he is really smart,” Jimin adds on, “You must all know each other very well.”

Yoongi laughs, he actually throws his head back and laughs, “You could say that,” and Jimin is left staring, amazed by how his features contort as if he had said the funniest joke in the world. He has to take a minute to appreciate the sight, the way Yoongi’s eyes wrinkle cutely and his smile is so wide that his gums show. If he could take a picture of this moment, he would.

Jimin smiles along, unable to take the grin off his face and they fall into a comfortable silence, but he wants to know more. He’s itching to know everything about this contradicting man.

“How did you start working at the shop?” Jimin asks casually, fiddling again with his sleeves.

Yoongi shrugs, “It just kind of happened? Jin needed help with it after his dad went M.I.A. and Joonie and I didn’t have anything else lined up so we helped out where we could. Joonie learned all this shit practically overnight though so it wasn’t too bad.”

Jimin nods along, listening attentively as he speaks, “Who works there anyway? I see everyone there but—”

“Yeah,” Yoongi sighs, sounding amused, “We all work there, you just always come after school so of course you don’t see the others working.”

Jimin looks over at Yoongi curiously. How does Yoongi know when he’s there? He’s only seen Yoongi at the shop twice, and once was earlier, yet he somehow knows anyway. He files that information into the back of the brain, he’ll deal with that later.

“Do you like dogs?” He asks after a moment, unable to think of a better question.

Yoongi laughs again, his full gummy smile, and Jimin’s breath hitches as he watches, enraptured, “What’s so funny?” He finds himself asking but Yoongi ignores him.

“What, is this, twenty questions or something?” Yoongi asks an amused twinkle brightening his dark eyes, “Why dogs?”

Jimin looks at the road and shrugs, “It’s the first thing that came up. What, do you not like dogs or something?”

Yoongi huffs a laugh and looks up at the moon, illuminating the road, “I love dogs, not too fond of cats though. The feeling is mutual too, so I don’t really care.”

Jimin can just picture it: Yoongi staring a cat down with the full power of his glare while the cat completely ignores him and bathes itself. He does his best to muffle his giggle with his palm, but he’s not successful, not with the look that Yoongi sends him.

“What about you, do you like dogs?” Yoongi asks once he stops pouting There’s an odd weight to the question that Jimin doesn’t quite understand, but he shrugs it off.

“Of course, I love dogs,” Jimin says without hesitation, and it looks like a weight is lifted off Yoongi’s shoulders.

Jimin doesn’t realize that they’re in front of his house until Yoongi comes to a stop and smirks at him, “That’s good, I don’t know if I could associate with you if you didn’t.”

Then Yoongi leans forward and Jimin swears his heart stops and gets stuck in his throat. He’s immediately surrounded by the ever-growing familiar forest scent, warm and he has to force himself not to move an inch. Tension coils in Jimin’s gut as what feels like electricity sparks all over his skin, anticipating something.

Yoongi’s so close that Jimin can make out small specks of gold in Yoongi’s eyes and admire the way they brighten the darkness. Jimin can’t help but appreciate Yoongi’s porcelain skin though, the light smattering of freckles that he can make out draws Jimin in. The inexplicable urge to kiss them builds. He wants to trace the constellation on his skin and see how far down they go.

The moment ends abruptly. Yoongi pushes the passenger door open and draws back, “You should go in, it’s getting late.”

He misses the warmth of Yoongi’s body almost instantly, the comfort he draws from his smell, but he pushes past it and exits the car. The throws a quick thank you over his shoulder and runs into his house.

It’s not until he’s in bed that he realizes he never told Yoongi where he lived.

 

Notes:

asdfghjkl i have so many feelings honestly this is all so cute

Chapter 3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Mom, I’m home!” Jimin calls out, closing his door and dumping his stuff on the couch. The house is silent, a clear sign that his mother wasn’t home. He looks around, just to double check, but he finds a small sticky note on the refrigerator claiming that she had to go back to work and she wouldn’t be home till later.

Shrugging, he takes the note from the fridge and sticks it onto the counter. Thankfully, he finds leftovers that he can heat up and he successfully feeds himself for the night. He’s particularly exhausted mentally from the day, working with Namjoon through calculus was a drag, but dance class has taken a turn into tumbling and although he does it well enough, there are times where he doesn’t land the way he should. It’s a work in progress.

There’s an itch under his skin, not something he can name specifically but it just sets him on edge.

Groaning, he lies on the couch and turns on the television. He mindlessly watches, not really seeing what’s on the screen but it helps Jimin start to get tired. He doesn’t know how much time passes but he eventually drags himself away from the couch and into his bed.

Sitting on his night table, lays the jacket that Yoongi had loaned him. It’s been there for a week, taunting Jimin with its soft material. Sighing, he turns away from the jacket and gets ready for bed— he can deal with it when he’s feeling better.

Turning off his light, he burrows into his bed and drifts off to sleep.

He dreams of forests, light and sunny; of running through them, running alongside his friends, alongside Yoongi, grinning his gummy smile while teasing him to go faster but keeping up with Jimin’s pace anyway. It makes him smile, the friends he’s made, the bonds that he feels growing.

The sequence doesn’t take long to take a dark turn.

Jimin tosses and turns in bed as he dreams, his mind impairing fear onto him. He watches as one by one, his friends start disappearing, leaving him all alone in the darkness of the forest, and instead of happiness, he feels the need to run. Scared and alone, he runs and runs and runs until he wants to scream for help, for anyone. He doesn’t like being alone. Just as he thinks someone’s coming for him, something jumps out at him.

He jerks awake, mouth open wide in a silent scream. He’s never woken up from a nightmare so suddenly before, so terrified. He tries to remember what it was but just as he thinks he has a hold on his dreams, the images to slip away from him, leaving just the horrible feeling that he was being followed, that he was all alone.

It takes him a moment or two for his brain to catch up. He can’t remember everything, but his heart is pounding in his chest and his hands are clammy, pressed against his chest. Unable to catch his breath, he clutches at his sheets, desperate to anchor himself into reality and remind himself he’s fine. It was just a nightmare.

He flinches away from his window as he hears rustling and a strange sound, almost like a dog whining just outside his window. His first thought is that whatever it was chasing him in his dream had managed to find him.

His heart picks up again, scared of what could be outside, and it’s not real, it’s not real, it’s not real he chants in his head. There’s literally no way there is something outside in the middle of the night.

Throwing one last look over his shoulder, the gray jacket that lays unassumingly next to his phone catches his eye. He debates it for a second, whether or not to grab it, but the sudden loneliness that he can’t shake convinces him. No one has to know that he wore it again.

Curling into his bed and wrapping himself in the jacket, he buries his nose into the collar breathing in the comforting smell that lingers. It’s almost sad, how desperate he is to catch a hint of the smell, but he doesn’t give a fuck.

It works, he feels his heart rate slow and his brain relax. Previous thoughts of his nightmare are pushed aside and replaced by memories of the gang, the pack as Taehyung calls them. He can’t help but think of Yoongi, his smiling face as they talked for the first time on the ride back.

It’s not hard to drift off to sleep, not with thoughts of Yoongi’s gummy smile and deep rumbly voice.

 

 

He wakes up to silence, sun shining brightly, and it takes him a second to realize he has school.

“Oh, shit,” he gasps, taking his phone out and sure enough, school starts in fifteen minutes.

He runs to the bathroom, splashing water on his face before throwing on a pair of jeans and running downstairs. He barely remembers to grab his backpack before running out of the house. He practically runs all the way to school and as soon as he sees the school ahead of him he hears the warning bell.

“Fuck,” he curses as he picks up speed and somehow, he manages to make it to his seat next to Taehyung just as the bell rings. He collapses on his desk, panting.

He hears Taehyung laugh next to him, but he can’t bring himself to look up just yet. His throat hurts from the cold air and his hair is probably a hot mess; his day hasn’t even started and it’s already going badly.

“Shut up,” he groans as soon as he feels like he can speak without sounding like a mess. He hears Taehyung dig into his backpack as the teacher starts talking and for a second, Jimin thinks he’s actually going to take notes, but the next thing he knows there’s something being set on his desk.

He lifts his head up and he’s surprised to see a water bottle. Grabbing it, he looks over at Taehyung and sends him a confused look.

“Drink it before you die,” He mutters before looking over at the teacher just in time for her to look at them sternly.

He shoots her a sheepish smile before taking a long drink of the water. It soothes his throat, quelling the prickling dryness. He contains the urge to hum happily but grins gratefully when he returns the bottle. Finally feeling like a human being with a normal heart rate, he grabs his notes and sets off to pay attention.

Class, unsurprisingly, drags on. Charles Dickens’ works are great, they get the point.

“You must have had a wild morning,” Taehyung teases as they walk over to their second period, “What with the interesting clothing choice you got going on.”

Jimin throws Taehyung a dirty look before looking down at his clothes. He’s just happy that he didn’t run out of his house in his cotton pyjama pants. He freezes when he notices his jacket. Or rather, Yoongi’s jacket. Instantly he feels his entire face heat up, ears, neck, cheeks and he hears Taehyung laugh loudly as he walks away.

“God damnit,” he groans before trudging into his next class. Throughout the rest of the day he dreads lunch. He knows Taehyung isn’t going to drop it, he knows that Hoseok is going to notice as soon as he sees the jacket, and he’s pretty sure Jeongguk will fuel Taehyung’s teasing until the end of time.

He’s never going to live this down.

That’s what he gets for oversleeping. Nothing good ever comes from it.

“That’s a new acquisition,” Hoseok says as he sits and Jimin doesn’t even have to look over to know that there’s a huge grin on his face.

“I overslept,” Jimin whines, “I had to run all the way over here and didn’t really have time to plan out my outfit.”

“And Yoongi’s jacket was your go-to?” Taehyung quips and winks over at Jimin.

Jimin groans and shoves his face in his hands, trying to hide the furious blush that he knows is on his face, “Shut up, it was right there okay.” He does his best to make his lie convincing. He’s bad at lying, he knows he is, but he can’t have Taehyung knowing that he slept with it on. That’s asking for a whole different level of teasing and probably questioning of his feelings that he doesn’t want to deal with. At least not yet.

Not until he knows what it is that he feels.

Thankfully, the bell saves him from being roasted further. He jumps up eagerly and gathers his stuff, taking off to throw his trash away before anyone has the chance to follow him. He takes the moment alone to gather his thoughts, doing his best to fight away the embarrassment and trying to rationalize his behavior.

The jacket is warm and comfortable, of course he’d want to wear it. It reminds him of happy times, it’s natural to feel safe in it. It smells, or smelled at this point, amazing so it makes sense that he wants to be surrounded by it.

It’s perfectly normal.

“You like Yoongi,” he hears and promptly trips over his feet. He’s saved from falling face first into the cement by Taehyung’s reflexes, catching him just in time.

What? Uh, what gave you that impression?” Jimin sputters as he straightens, brushing himself off, “I-I don’t know what you’re t-talking about.”

Taehyung levels him a look, “Don’t even try to say that you don’t.”

Jimin stares pleadingly at Taehyung, silently begging him to drop the subject, but he doesn’t back down. Taehyung’s knowing stare wears him down until Jimin sighs in defeat. He starts walking to class, following everyone else as they file into classrooms.

“I don’t know,” he mutters as walks, “He’s— there’s something about him that just— different? I dunno.” He tries to describe what he’s feeling but he can’t find the right words. Nothing sounds right to him. He’s just drawn to Yoongi and the more he talks to him, the more he finds himself wanting to learn more about him.

Taehyung looks over at him and smiles knowingly, “Like a connection? You can’t really explain it?”

Jimin’s eyes widen in surprise, “Yeah, exactly like that,” his voice is almost a whisper and the expression on Taehyung’s face softens.

“Yeah,” Taehyung murmurs before the class bell rings and they run into class.

The rest of the day is pretty standard, comfortable in the routine. Despite his rushed and embarrassing morning, it’s practically forgotten by the time classes end. He slips back into his usual habits and he goes to hang out in the shop as always.

It’s fine until he walks in and sees Yoongi there. Instantly he freezes and blushes, looking at the floor.

Of course.

Of fucking course Yoongi would be at the shop the day he’s wearing his jacket. It doesn’t help to hear Taehyung and Hoseok snickering at his misfortune behind him.

“Hey,” he hears Yoongi say and Jimin glances up, just to make sure he’s talking to Jimin. He meets Yoongi’s gaze for a second before looking back down shyly. Say something, he tells himself. He clears his throat and musters the courage to look the other in the eye again.

“H-hey,” he replies, shaky, but it’s loud enough. It’s a start. Jimin’s lips tighten as he tries to think of what else to say. Yoongi’s looking at him strangely, eyes intense as always, but Jimin’s pretty sure he’s weirded out by the fact that he’s wearing his jacket.

“Oh!” He exclaims as he realizes that Yoongi might want it back, “Here, I’ve been meaning to return it to you.” He walks up to Yoongi and starts shrugging off the jacket. As he approaches, he notices Yoongi’s nostrils flare before he closes his eyes.

“It’s okay,” he murmurs, “It looks better on you anyway,” and before Jimin can say anything, Yoongi walks out of the shop.

“Wha—” his voice cracks as he tries to process what happened. It felt like some kind of emotional whiplash where Yoongi was there and before Jimin could say anything he was gone. Jimin was overwhelmingly unsure if he had done something wrong because Yoongi hadn’t seemed upset but he left so suddenly.

It looks better on you anyway.

What does that even mean? It doesn’t look or feel like a cheap jacket, why would Yoongi be handing it over as it’s nothing? He’s pretty sure that it’s not normal behavior, not even for Yoongi.

He turns to look back at Taehyung and Hoseok, but they’re just staring off into the distance looking as if they’re listening to something.

Jimin rubs his forehead and writes it all off as him being tired. It’ll all make sense in the morning.

“Did you have something to work on?” Namjoon asks out of nowhere and Jimin jumps in surprise. He didn’t even notice Namjoon walking in.

“Hm? Oh! Uh, not really?” he offers hesitantly, “I’m kinda out of it today, honestly.” He knows that if they tried to get something done he'd probably miss half of the information. There's no point.

Namjoon smiles and nods, “I get it,” he agrees before huddling behind Jin. Jimin watches for a moment as the two whisper at each other and grin contently, in a world of their own. They’re in their own world, private and it reminds Jimin of those couples in the movies, disgustingly cute. They might as well be married.

He doesn't realize someone's behind him until he feels a hand grab his wrist, “C’mon,” and Taehyung drags Jimin out of the room.

“Where are we going?” Jimin asks lightly, allowing himself to be dragged from the garage.

“We’re going to clear your head.” Taehyung teases easily, breaking into a jog and Jimin has to run to keep up with him. The two boys run into the grass field between the shop and the house before collapsing onto the ground.

They lay there, staring up at the sky and talking about anything and everything that comes to mind. Taehyung points out clouds that look like animals to him and Jimin does his best to see the shapes. Sometimes it works, other times not so much, but he's sure it's the effort that counts.

He tells Taehyung what it was like living in the city, the things that he did and the friends that he had. It's strange talking about it, it feels like a different life. He feels like a different person, more alive, and it's probably all thanks to Taehyung.

“Thank you,” he mumbles after a moment, staring at a random tree branch.

“For what?”

Jimin sighs and shrugs, picking at the grass between his fingers, “For being my friend? For inviting me to hang out? I feel like I wouldn't like it here half as much without you.”

It's silent between them, all he can hear is the soft breeze passing by his hears. He worries for a second that he said too much, that he made Taehyung uncomfortable, but he hears the other clear his throat and shuffle around.

“You don't have to thank me,” he mumbles, voice strangely tight, “I'm just glad I found you.”

He lies back down, this time right next to Jimin and they return to their comfortable silence. Jimin feels his eyes drooping as time passes but he doesn't have the energy to fight it.

“You’re getting tired, sleepyhead,” Taehyung teases, “I’ll drive you home before you knock out.”

Jimin cracks an eye open and does his best to glare at his friend. He could totally fall asleep on the grass.

He hears Taehyung get up and trot over to the garage, presumably to get the keys from the Jeep. He leaves the door open but Jimin keeps his eyes shut as he lies there, drinking in the sunlight and smell of nature. He should probably care that he's lying on the ground, but honestly, he can’t bring himself to worry about it. He’ll just shower at home and be done with it.

Just as he feels himself drifting off he hears hurried voices.

“—tell him or I will.”

“What? No, you can’t—”

“How much longer do you want to draw it out? You’re just—” the voice cuts itself off and after a second he hears a loud sigh, “You know what? Fine. But this is Jim—”

“Ready?” Taehyung runs up to him and startles him awake, a tight smile on his face. He doesn’t even give Jimin time to properly get up, dragging him to his feet instead and practically carrying him to the Jeep. He’s much too tired to protest.

That night, Jimin sits on his windowsill and stares out at the moon. Taehyung’s right, he can’t deny the connection he feels with Yoongi. As weird as it may sound, there’s something between them, like a string steadily tugging him closer. What scares him is that he doesn’t know what’s going to happen when they inevitably collide.

Excitement coils in his gut as he thinks about it, but he shakes his head. It’s too late to be thinking about important things anyway.

Turning off his light, he realizes he’s still got the jacket on. Fuck it, he’s too tired to take it off, he thinks. It’s now his, anyway.

 

 

The rest of the week is much better. He works on his calculus and hangs out with Taehyung as usual. The only thing that changes is Yoongi. Every time Jimin is in the shop, he sees Yoongi, working in the back or if he’s very lucky, working on a car.

Jimin must admit, he’s never thought that he would be into the mechanic look, but the first day he saw Yoongi in his mechanic coveralls he nearly died. Taehyung had to physically jolt him back into reality because he was staring and probably making a fool of himself, but he really can’t be blamed.

The look of concentration on Yoongi’s face, paired with the grease stains all over his face and bare arms lit a fire in his veins. He wasn’t even wearing his coveralls the way they were intended, instead just had them zipped half way up and tied around his waist leaving his upper body bare, on display for just anyone to see.

He’s never thought a black tank top looked so fucking good. Seeing the strength in his pale arms, the way they tensed and released as he worked, glistening in the sun—

“Earth to Jimin,” Hoseok prods and waves his hand in front of Jimin’s face, pulling him out of his thoughts now that their late-night dance practice is over. He shakes his head and tries to dislodge the thoughts. It’s better off that way anyway, with his luck he’d pop a boner or something equally as embarrassing.

“Sorry, what’s up?” Jimin apologizes before looking at Hoseok with a smile on his face.

Hoseok gives him a knowing look, “Deep in thought?”

Jimin chuckles awkwardly before grabbing his stuff off the bench and walking out of the locker room and ignoring the laughter coming from behind him.

“Ah, to be young again,” he hears Hoseok sigh dramatically as he walks over and throws a long arm over Jimin’s shoulder.

Jimin jabs Hoseok in the side and giggles as Hoseok groans loudly, “You’re only a year older than me,” and they dissolve into giggles.

The night air nips at his cheeks and he shivers a little before hiking his collar up. Hoseok offers to drive him home but Jimin declines, it’s not far and he doesn’t want to bother him.

“You’re sure?” Hoseok double checks but Jimin just waves him off.

“It’s a short walk, I’ll be fine,” he reassures, “go home, I’m sure the guys are waiting for you to eat dinner.” Hoseok gives him a judging look but listens anyway. Jimin waves as Hoseok drives off before heading home.

The forest is dark and the cold night air heightens Jimin’s awareness of every little noise he hears. He can hear birds and other tree animals scurrying here and there, probably heading to sleep, but he ignores it. Everything is normal, animals sleep at night. He forces himself to relax, knowing the path well, he’s never had any issues. It’s a short walk home, he’ll be fine.

His heart beats in his chest quickly, hands clamming up as he gets to the thickest part of the forest. Off to his right he swears he hears something akin to a tree branch breaking and his head whips around to look faster than it probably should. His eyes look around, desperate to find the source of the noise but his eyes are useless in the dark.

“Shit,” he mutters and scrambles to grab his phone and turn the flashlight function, pointing it to the trees. It’s useless though, the dense foliage blocks any visibility.

He should have taken the street route.

Taking one last look, he forces his feet to move, blood pounding in his ears as fear sets in. As he takes a few more steps he hears another branch break, but this time it takes him mere seconds to point the light in the direction.

His heart stops, terrified. A few feet ahead of him is a huge animal. It’s mouth open, teeth bared and salivating. It looks seconds from attacking.

He’s heard about wolves in the area, but he didn’t think they’d get so close to the city. He wouldn’t even call this animal a wolf. It’s bigger than any wild animal has any right to be. It’s as tall as he is, if not taller.

He should have let Hoseok give him a ride.

He swallows down the fear as best he can before running as fast as he can. He pushes himself faster than he thinks he’s ever ran, practically flying through the path but the sound of growling follows with startling speed. There’s no way he can out run the animal. He’s going to be mauled in the forest.

The downright terror he feels pushes him further, allowing him to ignore the burn in his thighs and in his lungs. For a second he thinks the wolf lost interest, not hearing it behind him anymore.

He looks back into the darkness for a split second, just a moment, but in that second his foot lands in a dip and he falls forward. He barely has enough time to put his hands out, bracing for the impact.

Pain shoots out of his hands and ankle as soon as he lands, yelping as he feels the forest floor cut into his palms. Next thing he knows, the wolf behind him, clamping its teeth around his calf and a pained scream rips itself from his lips. Tears pool as the wolf bites into the meat of his leg and instinct takes over, kicking with the other leg as hard as he can possibly manage.

He doesn’t know why, but the wolf releases him and he doesn’t stick around long enough to find out. He drags himself up and forces himself to run. Searing pain shoots out of his leg as he puts weight on it, but he can see the end of the trail. He can make it.

He runs and runs and runs as fast as he can possibly manage. Please, please he chants to himself as he forces himself to push through, pleading his legs to stay strong and not collapse on him.

He makes it, barely, but he pushes through. He doesn’t stop until he’s home, until he slams the door shut and collapses. Panting and trembling, Jimin squeezes his eyes shut. The adrenaline coursing through his body burns out not too long after he collapses, leaving him shaking and fighting to breathe. His leg hurts so bad he wants to cry, maybe just cut it off. He doesn’t even want to look at it, scared as to what it’s going to look like.

“You can do this,” he tells himself after a moment. He needs to see how bad it is.

Breathing hard, he squeezes his eyes shut. He can do this. Talking himself up to it, he forces himself to look.

His heart sinks as he takes in the state of his leg. There’s blood everywhere, staining his jeans and clumps of dirt and god knows what else. Staring at the mangled mess of his leg, worry starts to settle in. He’s going to have to clean it, there’s no way it’s not going to get infected if he doesn’t.

Biting his lip, he shifts his weight onto his good leg and tries to stand. He swallows down the cry of pain and does his best to hobble over to the bathroom. Pain shoots through his calf every time his muscle does as much as twitch, but he manages. He makes it to the bathroom and leans up against the wall, panting from exertion.

“Okay, okay,” he chants and sits on the toilet, giving his legs a break. After a moment, he starts unbuttoning his pants. The thick material of his jeans protected his legs, dirty and he’ll never be able to wear them again, but he knows that it would have been so much worse without them.

He groans loudly as he feels the material tug at the raw skin and he forces the material off. His vision swims and he hears his own harsh breathing echoing in the small bathroom.

He wets a soft cloth and presses it against his wound, clenching his teeth to keep himself from whimpering. It’s excruciating, cleaning the blood and dirt from the wound, but he endures as much as he can. Thankfully, as he cleans his leg, most of the gunk comes off fairly easily. It doesn’t look as bad as it feels, the skin around the puncture wounds is red and irritated, but they’re not as deep as he thought they would be.

He digs around the bathroom, looking to see what he’s got to take care of the wound. He knows he’s got an ace bandage somewhere, but he’s not about to wrap his open wound with just that.

Looking around, he finds disinfecting ointment that’s supposed to help healing open wounds. Shrugging, he slathers some on, wincing as it burns before cooling the area comfortably.

“Yes!” He exclaims as he finds the bandage. However, he can’t find anything to put underneath. For a moment he debates using toilet paper but he winces at the thought of it sticking to his skin painfully.

Sighing, he works himself up to get to the kitchen, keeping the bandage in one hand. He decides on a paper towel, thick enough not to separate while absorbent but not rough on his skin. He does his best to be efficient, wrapping the wound as best he can without jostling himself too much.

By the time he’s done, he’s exhausted and his leg aches. All he wants is to sleep for the rest of forever. Somehow he makes it to his soft bed and doesn’t even have the energy to get under the covers.

 

 

He wakes up to his alarm blaring and leg throbbing.

“Ah fuck,” he groans, throwing an arm over his eyes. The universe hates him, that’s the only possible explanation to what happened. The one time he denies a ride, he gets attacked by a wild animal.

A huge wild animal.

He shudders, remembering the look in its eyes. It looked like it wanted a piece of him, and well, it did get one, he supposes. He’s probably not going to be able to walk normally for a while, let alone dance.

He closes his eyes and groans loudly, he’s not going to be able to practice with everyone else. Maybe he’ll be lucky and be healed enough to perform but it’s not going to do him any good if he doesn’t know the choreography.

Shaking himself out of those thoughts, he sits up, determined to take one day at a time. His leg feels better, marginally, but he can put some weight on it. In the bathroom, he peels away the bandage and paper towels to see that the bite. It scares him, how big the bite is, reminding him just how big the animal was.

The wolf was huge, just as big as his scared brain remembers, to have left a bite as large as it did. Thankfully, there’s no irritation or pus around the wound, which is always a good sign. For a moment, he questions whether the wolf was rabid. He tries to remember the way it carried itself, but all he can remember is the look on its face, the almost human look in its eyes.

There’s no way the animal was rabid, not with the way it was determined and controlled. There’s no need to freak out any more. He doesn’t have to explain it to his mother, or worse, go to the hospital.

Shaking himself off, he slathers some more ointment on before redressing the wound and throwing on a pair of sweatpants. He doesn’t need any more pressure or potential ways of hurting himself more.

He grabs a granola bar out of the cupboard quickly before walking out his house. The walk to school is more than uncomfortable. He refuses to take the trail, probably won’t ever take it again with that wolf around, but that means that it takes him longer to get to school.

Half way through the walk, he has to take a break, his leg throbbing hotly. It takes him a minute or two before he can take off again. He does his best not to baby his calf, but he also doesn’t want to make it bleed again, so he hobbles slowly.

By the time he sees the school, his head is swimming, leg close to giving out, but he’s determined to show up. He’s already there, there’s no point in giving up and making the trip all the way back. He doesn’t even know why he came, he should have stayed home and waited it out so he wouldn’t be close to fainting.

Each step is a struggle, he can feel his muscles clench and unclench with each movement of his leg, sending pain up his leg. He does his best to take his weight off it, but after the stairs up to the front doors, his good leg starts to shake from exertion.

“Fuck,” he groans and leans up against the railing. He watches as the students mill around him, talking and laughing with each other. Taehyung is going to shit a brick when he finds out. Hoseok—

Damn it, Hoseok is going to feel so guilty.

Wincing, Jimin sighs and his shoulders slump, embarrassed and sad. He specifically told Hoseok not to worry. Hoseok had even double checked to make sure, and yet Jimin still went and got attacked. How is he even going to explain that? How is he going to keep Hoseok from feeling guilty? Knots twist in his gut as he starts to worry. He doesn’t want anyone to feel guilty about his own mistakes.

Running a hand through his hair, he does his best to take himself out of those thoughts and focuses to get into the school in the first place. The first step hurts, but it’s only a dull ache. Manageable.

Each step after hurts just a little more, the ache turning into searing pain and he doesn’t know for sure, but the moisture around his calf may be more than just sweat. He’s a hot mess and the day hasn’t even started.

He pushes through, ignoring the way his vision blurs at the edges and does his best to find his friends. Walking closer to their spot at the back, he spots the three figures huddled together. They’re still far, yelling wouldn't do him any good. They wouldn't hear him. Groaning, he takes a step onto the grass, ready to cross the whole field to get to them.

As it turns out, he doesn’t have to.

As soon as he takes a single step, their heads collectively turn to look at him. He can’t see their faces, but next thing he knows they’re in front of him, looking worried.

“Why do you smell like blood?” He vaguely registers the question but he doesn’t even have the time to answer, before his vision goes black and body crumples.

How does Taehyung know about the blood?

 

 

He wakes up to arguing.

“You have to fucking tell him! Someone fucking mauled him!” He’s alone in the room, but he can hear the argument through the door.

Someone? That doesn’t even make any sense, “I saw it, Taehyung. I’m not fucking blind, you don’t have to remind me.”

“Then do something about it! He smells so much like you, you might as well claim him and protect him!”

He groans as he tries to sit up, his body sore from the exertion and the wound. Not a moment later, the door flies open and Taehyung and Yoongi tumble into the room, hurrying next to the bed with worried expressions.

“Are you okay? How do you feel?” Taehyung asks while Yoongi just stares at him, mouth tight and eyes pinched at the corners. He goes to sit up once again, but this time a pair of pale arms shoot out and help, fluffing his pillow so his back has support and settling him in comfortably.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he assures as best he can, a small smile on his face, “Don’t worry so much.” Taehyung’s eyes dart across his face and down to his leg, biting his bottom lip and looking more than a little lost.

“What happened?” Taehyung asks and Jimin finds it weird that instead of looking at him, Taehyung is staring at his hands. Jimin is immediately concerned with the tightness in his voice, tinged with worry and his eyebrows pulled together in such a way that it looks like he’s about to cry.

Jimin reaches out with his hand, placing it on Taehyung’s arm, “Hey, it’s okay. It’s not like this is your fault.”

“Wh— Of course it is, I’m the one who brought you into this mess!” Taehyung counters fiercely, looking at Jimin with guilt and waving his arms out in frustration.

“Taehyung,” Yoongi’s deep voice rumbles, film and strong. “Either calm down or get out.”

Taehyung stands pointing at Jimin’s leg, “Just— look at it! This is my fault! If I hadn’t—” his voice wavers as he speaks bordering on desperate.

“Taehyung.” Yoongi repeats, still calm but there’s steel in his voice, demanding obedience and Taehyung’s jaw clicks shut as he glares at Yoongi. Jimin looks at them both, staring each other down, but after a moment Taehyung whines at the back of his throat and storms out of the room.

Jimin watches Taehyung leave before looking over at Yoongi, questioning what just happened. Yoongi’s gaze softens as his eyes land on Jimin and he hesitates for a second before placing his warm palm on his hand. Jimin looks at their hands, the way they fit almost perfectly against each other before looking back up.

“What happened?” Yoongi repeats, voice surprisingly gentle as if trying to coax the answer from Jimin’s lips.

He stares at their hands, trying to gather his thoughts together. How does he explain what happened? He doesn’t even remember it well, at least he doesn’t think so because what he does remember sounds crazy, even to him.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you,” he mutters, eyes trained on his lap.

Yoongi sighs quietly, “Try me,” he coaxes gently, squeezing his hand before meeting Jimin’s gaze.

“I know it sounds crazy,” he starts after a moment, “but it was a wolf. A huge wolf. I-I’m not crazy I—”

Yoongi’s forehead pinched in worry and brings his free hand up to Jimin’s cheek, “Shhh, you’re not crazy, Jiminie. It’s okay, I’m sorry. I’m so fucking sorry. They shouldn’t have gotten so close.”

His words just serve to confuse Jimin further, “What? Who? Yoongi, it was a wolf.”

Yoongi’s lips tighten as his eyes shoot out the window before looking back and Jimin, “Did it look like a regular wolf to you?”

Jimin thinks back to the wolf, how large it was, the strange look in his eyes and he shudders. There was nothing regular about the wolf but Jimin has no idea what Yoongi could possibly be insinuating. That it was a person? That makes no sense, it was an animal—

“Well no, not regular, but I know what I saw,” he insists, “It was clearly a wolf, Yoongi, I don’t understand what you want me to say.”

Yoongi looks conflicted, “I don’t— Ugh, how do I explain this? It’s, uh, a little complicated?” He looks around before his eyes land on the window, “Why don’t I just show you?”

“What?” Yoongi’s words just leave him more confused and the next thing he knows, he’s being scooped up into Yoongi’s arms as if he weighs nothing. His eyes widen in surprise and his arms instinctively wrap around Yoongi’s neck holding on as he’s carried through the house and out to the grass.

He sets Jimin down next to a tree, keeping his hands around Jimin’s waist, “Stand here,” he asks and doesn’t step away until Jimin is leaning most of his weight against its trunk.

Jimin nods, more than confused, but trusts whatever it is Yoongi wants to show him. He stands there, putting most of his weight on his good foot and watches Yoongi step away from him into the middle of the clearing. He’s far away enough that Jimin can’t make out the details of Yoongi’s face. Beyond confused, Jimin watches and for a moment or two, nothing happens, Yoongi just stands there facing Jimin.

The next thing he knows, it looks as if Yoongi is contorting unnaturally in the middle of the grassy plain. His eyes widen as he moves to take a step forward, worried that something’s wrong and only thinking about Yoongi being hurt.

But then it’s no longer Yoongi.

One moment it’s Yoongi, and another, it’s a huge black wolf.

Fear spikes through him all over again at the sight of the huge animal and his brain doesn’t know how to handle it. His knees buckle and he falls to his knees, trying to understand what just happened, what he just witnessed.

It’s impossible.

There’s no way that Yoongi just turned into a wolf— an actual, honest to god, wolf.

He stares, on his knees as the wolf approaches, slowly and making eye contact the whole time. Jimin’s instincts scream at him, fear coursing through his body, that he should run. Run away into the safety of the house.

The wolf whimpers as it gets closer, belly low to the ground and ears pressed against its head. Frozen in place, Jimin’s eyes widen as it approaches, keeping his eyes trained on its large yellow eyes. Unlike the one that attacked him, this wolf looks at him differently, its eyes almost sad as he makes himself as small as possible.

Something changes in Jimin as their eyes lock. He doesn’t know if it’s the way the wolf carries itself or the look in his eyes, but he feels his fear slowly ease. Everything about this wolf is non-threatening, even if it’s just as big, if not bigger, than the one from last night. Everything about it seems like he’s reassuring Jimin that he’s not a threat.

Cautiously, he licks his lips before reaching his hand out. He’s too far away to touch, but the wolf seems to understand. Or rather, Yoongi, seems to understand what it is he wants. The golden eyes hold the same warmth and intensity that Yoongi’s always do. There’s a familiar glint in them that he’s much too fond of. Jimin swallows as he tries to marry the two images of Yoongi together. This huge black wolf, and the small intense man that smiles with his gums.

Carefully, Yoongi pads closer, lying on his belly before pressing his big head against Jimin’s palm. Ever so slowly, Jimin’s open hand touches Yoongi’s fur. Heart pounding in his chest, the touch is light, unsure as to what to do but Yoongi’s ears remain flat and he remains still so Jimin can’t be doing something wrong. As his heart rate slows, he’s finally able to appreciate Yoongi. How soft his fur is to the touch, glossy and black as night.

He’s so gorgeous. Human and as a wolf, he’s breathtaking.

Jimin runs his hand over his head shyly, through the soft fur between Yoongi’s ears. When he repeats the action, a pleased whine rumbles out of his throat.

“You like that?” Jimin breathes and he takes the slow wagging tail as a yes.

Smiling, he grows more confident, scratching gently at the base of Yoongi’s ears, as he would with a dog, and taking in everything about him.

‘Huge’ doesn’t feel like the right word, Yoongi is massive. His head is the size of Jimin’s forearm alone, and he has to lean down to reach Jimin’s extended arm. He feels like he should be terrified, like he should want to run, but any of those feelings vanished completely as soon as they touched.

He can’t deny how right this feels, being here with Yoongi.

No matter how much he loves it, his knees start to ache from the pressure. Jimin inhales sharply as he shifts his weight around and his calf aches. Yoongi whines, ears low and sounding concerned before he feels a cold, wet nose pressed against his cheek. His hand comes up and pats the side of Yoongi’s big head, hoping to comfort him. It’s a dull pain from the strain, easy to fix.

He shifts forward onto his free hand before plopping down on his ass, releasing the pressure from his bad leg. Yoongi immediately stands on all fours before pacing around him, nosing around his body and whining pitifully.

“Hey, it’s okay I’m okay,” he assures, nuzzling into the side of his head as best he can.

He hears the garage door open and Taehyung stumbles out, looking straight at them, “Jimin!”

For a second he’s worried that Taehyung is about to freak out more, rightfully so in Jimin’s opinion, but instead he just jogs over, “Are you okay?” without sparing Yoongi a single look, as if it wasn’t weird to see a wolf the size of a person.

Jimin just nods as he processes. Taehyung didn’t even blink at the sight of Yoongi, which can only mean that he knows. Does everyone else know?

Taehyung offers Jimin an arm and Jimin takes it. Taehyung pulls him up at the same time as Jimin attempts to stand and they’re saved from an embarrassing tumble by Yoongi’s head, propping Jimin up from the back.

He looks back at Yoongi carefully, tilting his head and slowly, very slowly presses his forehead against Yoongi’s, “Thank you,” Jimin whispers, hoping Yoongi understands how much this means to him.

Yes, it’s a lot of information and his brain hurts more than a little bit, but he’s extremely grateful that Yoongi trusted him with a secret this big.

He lingers for a moment, not ready to part with Yoongi just yet, before stepping away towards the shop. Taehyung stays silent, supporting him with an arm as they walk. He throws a look back at Yoongi, sitting where he stood before, staring at them as they walk away. A part of Jimin hates that he’s walking away, but his brain hurts. He needs some time to process what this means, for him and for his understanding of the world as a whole.

Taehyung slowly leads him to the shop but stops at the entrance, “D-do you want me to give you a ride back?”

Jimin looks at Taehyung carefully, “Yes please, I just—” he sighs and looks back at Yoongi, “My brain is kinda overloaded with information?”

Taehyung nods and Jin comes out from behind him, a sympathetic look on his face “We understand, Jimin. Don’t worry about it, you know where to find us if you need anything.”

Jimin smiles gratefully and lets Taehyung lead him to the Jeep. He throws one last look at Yoongi before facing the huge Jeep. They struggle a little to get him in without jostling his hurt calf, but they succeed eventually. In their struggle, Jimin notices two bags in the back, full of what appear to be medical supplies.

“Tae?” He asks as Taehyung sits in the driver's seat, “What’s with the pharmacy in the back seat?”

Taehyung shoots him a sheepish look, blushing before pulling out of the driveway, “I uh, went to the store and didn’t really know what to buy so, uh,” he shrugs and looks back at the bags, “I kinda just? Bought it all?”

Jimin looks back, eyes widened before looking back at Taehyung, “All of that is for me?” he asks incredulously.

Taehyung chuckles embarrassed, “I don’t know what humans need to heal?” he explains, “You’re all so fragile I uh— We’ve never dealt with anything like this and— Is it, uh, will it help?”

Jimin’s brain stutters to a stop. He’s talking as if he’s not human either. As if none of them are.

“Wait, are—” Jimin doesn’t know how to ask, hands gesturing wildly, “You’re all, uh—” he feels ridiculous just uttering the word but he can’t think of a better word to use, “werewolves?”

Taehyung freezes and looks over at Jimin for a second before nodding, “Technically we’re shifters, but uh, yes?” He sounds like he’s asking Jimin more than telling him and he can’t help but feeling a bit amused underneath the surprise.

“Huh,” Jimin exhales incredulously, facing forward and before he realizes it, they’re at his house. Taehyung moves at an inhuman speed, he’s opening Jimin’s door and helping him out before he can even unbuckle himself, offering him the bags and watching as Jimin hobbles into his house.

He tumbles onto his couch, dumping the bags onto the floor by his feet. Sprawling himself out, he stares up at the ceiling. Everything he knows to be normal, to be real, just changed. He lives in a world where werewolves, or rather shifters, live.

His closest friends are shifters.

All the strange things he’s noticed around them make sense now. The strange jokes, the way that Taehyung can smell everything, and as he works through his memory, more and more questions arise.

Are vampires real too? Do they change on full moons? Is anything he thinks he knows about werewolves real?

He groans as his head starts to hurt, thinking about it. Things got less complicated and more complicated at the same time. Shifting on the couch, his aching leg draws his attention yet again. Thankfully now he has something to treat it with.

That along with possibly any illness in the world, thanks to Taehyung.

Huffing an endeared laugh, he begins shuffling through the bag. He sees a large assortment of bandages and ointments ranging from standard to complex instructions and pictures that he doesn’t really understand.

He fishes out the stuff he thinks will be helpful; ointments, gauze and disinfectants to redress the wound. It looks much better than it did that morning, less irritated and he’s hopeful. He may heal faster than he had originally anticipated. At this rate, he’ll be walking with relative ease.

He stays on the couch for the rest of the day, drifting in and out of sleep with the television playing in the background. At some point he hears his mother come in to wake him up for dinner.

That night, he stares out at the forest and although it’s the same forest he’s seen for over a month, it looks different. He knows what could possibly lurk in its wilderness and while a small part of him thinks of the wolf that attacked him, most of him thinks of running alongside Yoongi, laughing with Taehyung, and maybe if he’s lucky, being surrounded by his friends.

As he settles into his bed, he throws on Yoongi’s hoodie. He needs the comfort of it, the knowledge that even though things are a little crazy, everything will be fine.

He hears the wind rush through the trees outside and maybe it’s just his sleepy brain playing tricks on him, but he swears he hears a familiar whining outside his window.

 

Notes:

things start getting a bit more serious but low key, i think this may be my fav chapter

Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

He takes a day off to lie in bed and figuring out what he thinks, what he feels.

He knows the facts: two days ago, he was attacked by what he first thought was a wolf— but that was, in fact, not a wolf, but a person who can turn into a wolf. Lastly, all of his friends can turn into wolves.

If someone had tried to tell him that back when he lived in the city, he would have laughed and told them to go get checked out. Now, not only is he reordering things he knows as real, but he’s nursing a very real wound that just confirms all the insanity that’s happened. He needs the day off, if only to breathe for a little while.

The morning after his day off, he wakes up later than he had hoped, but just in time for fourth period. He debates not going to school for a split second, but he has to go talk to his friends. Questions keep cropping up the more he thinks about, and what’s more, he thinks he’s ready to hear the answers.

Beyond that, though, he misses them. He misses Taehyung’s weird conversations that make no sense, Hoseok’s excitement, Jin’s dumb jokes, Namjoon constantly breaking things, Jeongguk laughing along to pretty much anything, and the way that Yoongi quietly takes care of everyone.

He misses them all.

Nodding to himself, he gets ready for school, making himself presentable to someone other than his mother. He cleans his wound methodically, making sure that it’s healing well. He can walk comfortably on it, but he’s noticed that his leg gets tired easily if he pushes himself too far.

He takes the walk to school slowly, going through the street and it takes him much longer than usual but he makes it without taking a break. He avoids going through the front, knowing that if he gets caught he’s going to be asked to stay and that’s not his goal. He needs to find his friends first.

He’s jolted by the loud ringing of the bell and the previously silent campus explodes with movement and noise. Jimin weaves into the chaos, doing his best to blend in and make it out to the grass where he knows his friends are going to be. It doesn’t take long before he’s walking out there and surprising two huddled figures.

“Jimin?” Taehyung whispers cautiously, looking up at Jimin as if he doesn’t know how to proceed.

“Hey,” Jimin offers a smile, genuine and hoping to ease the tension in Taehyung’s shoulders. He smiles at Jeongguk too, hoping to be clear that they have no reason to be apprehensive. He does frown when he can’t see Hoseok around, instantly worrying about him.

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asks, looking down at his leg. Both Taehyung and Jeongguk’s heads turn to look at the forest before looking back at Jimin imploringly. Jimin looks up

He sighs and sits next to Taehyung, running his hand through his hair, “Yeah, I’m just confused? I have more questions than answers?”

Taehyung looks at Jeongguk and they both nod before looking at him, “Do you wanna maybe come over? We can have a pack meeting? You can ask all the questions you want?”

Jimin looks up in surprise, “Really?” his smile so wide his cheeks ache just a little.

“Yeah, of course,” Jeongguk reassures. “It’ll make everyone else finally relax.” He throws a look over his shoulder to the forest.

Jimin looks over to the area that they keep on looking at, but no matter how hard he looks, he can’t see anything. The tree line is too thick to allow him to make anything out, but with the amount of looks they keep throwing out there—

Is one of them in the woods? Are they worried that he’s going to tell someone?

“I’m sorry,” Jimin says as he looks down at his hands, “I didn’t mean to make everyone stress out or anything. I promise I won’t tell anyone anything.”

“What? No!” Taehyung corrects looking at Jeongguk sharply, “That’s not— No, Jimin, we’re not worried you’d tell someone. We just uh, some of us were just worried you’d be scared, or something.”

It’s Jimin’s turn to be utterly surprised, “Wait, what? Why would I be scared? I’ll admit, it was a bit weird to know that, you know— but I worked it out. Now I just have a lot of questions.”

Taehyung shoots a boastful look over to the tree line, yet again, before grinning at Jimin, “I’m glad you’re not scared, but you did get attacked three days ago, you’re allowed to be a little freaked out.”

Jimin looks down at his leg, obscured by his pants and the ace bandage underneath. He’s right, he should be scared, but they’re not the ones who attacked him. Why would he be scared of everyone just because one single werewolf — shifter? — attacked him?

“You’re not the ones who attacked me,” Jimin shrugs, looking between Taehyung and Jeongguk, pausing for a moment before gnawing his bottom lip nervously, “So, we’re okay then?”

They both grin and nod happily.

A moment passes before Taehyung is standing up, grinning, “Let’s ditch. Go home, set up the den and whatnot.”

Jeongguk grins excitedly and looks at Jimin, “Down?”

Jimin looks up at them and grins, “Down.”

 

 

The drive over is uneventful, Jimin fidgeting in the back as Taehyung drives like a maniac all the way across town to the shop. The unknown unsettles him. He has no idea what’s going to happen, how this all going to play out with everyone present. He wants everyone to be happy and carefree but he knows that it most likely isn’t going to happen.  

Nerves twist his gut as they park and Taehyung looks back at him, “You alright?”

“Yeah,” he assures before smiling and sliding out of the Jeep, “Just a little nervous is all,” he admits sheepishly.

Taehyung pats Jimin’s head kindly before throwing an arm over his shoulder, “Ah, no need to be so nervous, Jiminie. Everything will be fine.” The smile on Taehyung’s face comforts Jimin even if it is a bit tight, it’s the effort that counts.

They make their way into the shop and Jimin is surprised to see everyone but Hoseok already there, as if waiting for them. All eyes zero in on him as soon as they step inside. They look various of levels of awkward and hesitant, which Jimin hopes changes. He wants to go back to what they had.

But the way that Yoongi looks at him makes him want to comfort. Though the intensity in Yoongi’s eyes isn’t new, the concern and guarded nature is. He itches to touch, to reassure Yoongi that everything is fine. He’s fine, but more importantly, everything will hopefully work out.

It amazes Jimin though, the way that having Yoongi’s eyes on him never fails to send what feels like electricity coursing through his skin. No matter what Yoongi does, it seems as if he’s incapable of leaving Jimin’s nerves alone. He doesn’t even know if that’s a bad thing anymore.

“Hi,” he offers after a long awkward silence.

Namjoon steps forward, an open smile on his face, “Hey. We were wondering if you’re going to come back,” before looking up at Taehyung and Jeongguk sternly, “Aren’t you two supposed to be at school?”

They both groan and roll their eyes before standing behind Jimin, “We wanna have a pack meeting in the den,” Taehyung lays his chin on Jimin’s head, “Jiminie here has questions and we thought it would be a good way to answer them without pressure.”

Jimin squirms a bit before successfully dislodging Taehyung and taking a step forward, “It’s okay if you’re, I dunno, too busy or something. I don’t want to bother you or—”

Yoongi steps forward looking at Jimin meaningfully, “It’s no trouble,” and their eyes lock. Jimin holds his gaze as much as he can before he starts feeling a little shy and exposed. Thankfully, it’s Yoongi that breaks first, eyes darting all over Jimin’s body as if making sure he’s truly okay with his own eyes.

“So!” Jin interrupts, “The den?” He looks over at Namjoon and they share a smile before moving around the area and shutting everything down. They flip all the signs, putting things away and Jimin can hear Namjoon locking stuff up.

“C’mon,” Yoongi suggests, waving an arm out to the side exit of the front desk. Jimin looks over and nods before leading the way. They walk side by side silently, if not a little awkwardly before Jimin remembers that Hoseok is nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s Hobi?” Jimin asks for a moment, turning to look at Yoongi. A sour look crosses his face before he shrugs and looks out to the forest. Following his gaze, he can’t see anything but he has the gut feeling Yoongi knows where he is. He doesn’t want to pressure anyone, let alone Yoongi, but the fact that Hoseok is nowhere to be seen worries Jimin. He doesn’t want his friend to be wallowing alone.

“Yoongi,” he starts before looking him directly in the face, “Can you take me to him? Please?”

There’s a minute where Jimin doesn’t know if Yoongi will actually do it. It’s a small battle of wills, but Yoongi sighs not too much later, walking towards the forest. Jimin grins triumphantly before following as best he can. Thankfully, Yoongi takes his calf into consideration, walking slowly and close by, watching him carefully as they walk. The path isn’t too difficult to traverse and Yoongi leads Jimin to a clearing easily.

Jimin looks around, amazed by the beauty of the small patch of grass and bushes, but right in the middle, he spots Hoseok.

“Thank you,” he says softly before walking to Hoseok as fast as he can. He hears Yoongi following behind but ignores him in favor of his friend.

“Hobi?” He calls out just as he approaches and he can see the deeply troubled look on his face. The usually happy expression is replaced with pinched eyebrows and tight lips as he stares off into the sky.

This was what he didn’t want. He didn’t want Hoseok to beat himself up about something that happened through no fault of his own, despite knowing that Hoseok was thinking otherwise.

“Hobi?” Jimin tries again, sitting next to the sprawled figure.

If Jimin hadn’t had his eyes trained on Hoseok, he would have missed the brief glance and the soft greeting, “Hey,” he sighs.

Jimin frowns and allows them to sit in silence for a moment, gathering his thoughts. The silence isn’t tense, but Jimin is struggling to find the right words to say. Everything he’s been feeling since the attack feels jumbled up in his brain and he really wants to make sure Hoseok knows that he isn’t upset. He doesn’t blame Hoseok at all.

“I—” Jimin starts but cuts himself off, sighing as he figures his next move out, “I hope you’re not blaming yourself for any of this.” Jimin does his best to pour as much sincerity into his words, wanting to comfort his friend.

Hoseok sits up and looks at his lap frustrated, “It is my fault though, Jimin. I let you walk home that night. I-I’m so sorry—”

Out of nowhere, he hears a low growl behind him, “You wouldn’t have to apologize if you just hadn’t left him alone,” Yoongi counters, “If you hadn’t—”

“Yoongi!” Jimin admonishes, looking back at Yoongi standing behind him, “What the fuck? You need to either chill or take a walk.”

The last thing Hoseok needs is someone attacking him. Jimin stares Yoongi down, outrightly defensive. Yoongi bares his teeth for a split second but looks down after, face contorted into a grimace. Jimin keeps staring and it isn’t until Yoongi sits down behind him that he turns back to Hoseok.

Hoseok’s eyes are wide as he watches Jimin, and he can’t help the small chuckle that escapes his lips as he watches Hoseok close his mouth before looking back down at the grass.

“Hobi,” Jimin coaxes, grabbing one of his clenched fists in both hands “Were you the one that attacked me?”

Hoseok’s face looks up offended but before he has a chance to say anything Jimin continues, “That’s what I thought. How can it be your fault if you weren’t the one who attacked me?”

Jimin doesn’t expect a reply but stays silent for a moment anyway, “Please don’t blame yourself for something that wasn’t your fault.”

Hoseok’s hand clenches, “But I could have—”

“Hobi,” he interrupts, “I’m a grown ass man who don’t need no wolfie bodyguard squad. I can protect myself. If it’s anyone’s fault it would be mine,” he ignores the look on Hoseok’s face and continues to speak, “I’m the one who made the choice to take the forest shortcut when it was dark. I didn’t have to. None of us knew there would be a shifter ready to get a piece of me,” he shrugs as he speaks before squeezing Hoseok’s hand, “The only person at fault here is the shifter.”

Hoseok sighs and hangs his head. Jimin can’t think of anything to do, how to comfort him further with his words, so instead he reaches out with his hand and runs his fingers through Hoseok’s soft brown hair. It’s a slow process and they sit there for a while, Jimin carding his fingers through Hoseok’s soft brown locks while Yoongi sits back and watches, but eventually Hoseok leans into the touch and relaxes.

“C’mon,” he whispers, “We’re having a pack meeting, whatever that means. I’d love it if you were there.” He stands up and holds out his hand.

Hoseok looks up and Jimin gives him the brightest smile he can muster. It’s quiet and a small breeze rushes past them, but Hoseok gives him a smile back. It’s small and timid, but there’s a twinkle in his eye that makes Jimin think that there’s hope yet. Hoseok takes his outstretched hand and Jimin helps him to his feet.

Jimin doesn’t let go of his hand, not when they start walking or when they leave the forest. It’s not until they reach the front door that Jimin looks over. Slowly, he releases their hands and pulls Hoseok into a tight hug.

“It’s okay,” he comforts, “It’ll all be okay.”

He grins when he feels Hoseok return the hug, squeezing just a little before whispering, “Thank you.”

 

 

“There you guys are, I was about to go look for you.” Taehyung greets with a smile before grabbing Jimin by the wrist and pulling him down alongside him.

Jimin yelps in surprise but goes down easily. They had rearranged the den putting cushions all over the floor, laying blankets out with pillows, and bowls of snacks around.

“This is a sleepover,” Jimin comments, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s a pack meeting,” Jin corrects.

Jimin looks at him and looks around meaningfully, “Okay… A pack meeting.” A teasing glint in his eye and doing his best to keep a straight face.

They all settle, grabbing pillows and fighting over snacks before Namjoon clears his throat, “So what did you want to know?” They all turn to look at Jimin.

It’s like as soon as he has to think of a single question his brain goes absolutely blank. He’s left sitting there in silence so he goes with the simplest question that could possibly start a conversation.

“So, uh— you’re werewolves?”

“Technically we’re shapeshifters,” Jin replies, “But yes, we all turn into wolves.”

Jimin thinks back to seeing Yoongi shift in the distance the previous day and how his body contorted almost unnaturally in the field, “Does that hurt?” his voice wavering as he bit nervously at his bottom lip.

“No,” Jin assures him quickly, shaking his head and smiling comfortingly, “We heal as fast as our bones rearrange, so we don’t feel anything.”

Jin’s words ease his worry; he would hate for any of them to be in pain while shifting.

“How does that work anyway? Do you like, decide you’re going to uh, wolf out?”

Namjoon shakes his head, “It depends. Our phasing is a manifestation of anger at first, but once you can control it, it becomes a voluntary action. Newer shifters are more prone to phasing but it also depends on emotional control. Kookie is still pretty new so he can probably answer more of those questions for you.”

Jimin’s eyes widen in surprise, “So you’re a wolf version of hulk?”

Jeongguk laughs, leaning into Taehyung, “That’s perfect, oh I never thought of it that way.”

Looking around, he tries to picture it, what they would each look like as wolves, but he can’t stop thinking about the clothes.

“What do you do about your clothes though?” He blurts out without thinking.

They all laugh, “We try not to phase with our clothes on,” Namjoon points out, “Most of the time we can control it so it’s not that big of a deal.”

“We just have to remember where we leave the clothes,” Jin points out looking at Namjoon, “This one is king of forgetting where he leaves his clothes.” Jin giggles while Namjoon blushes and rolls his eyes.

“It’s quite ironic, actually,” Taehyung points out, “He can lead the pack but can’t remember something as simple as where he left his clothes.”

“You lead the pack?” Jimin asks looking at Namjoon curiously. He can see it now; Namjoon always carries himself differently. It’s similar to the air of confidence that Yoongi has, but there’s something else there.

Namjoon puffs his chest out and smiles, “I’m the pack alpha,” he confirms, clearly proud of his position.

“Uh, what does that mean?” Jimin asks, feeling a little stupid for not knowing. Obviously, it means that he leads the rest, but something tells Jimin that there’s something else.

“Oh, right,” Namjoon laughs and rubs the back of his neck, “I’m like, the main protector of the pack?”

“He’s also the one who talks to outsiders when we’re phased,” Jin adds on, but it triggers another train of thought.

“How do you guys communicate?” Jimin asks.

“The mind link!” Taehyung pipes up with a smile, “We’re all connected once Joonie accepts us into the pack so we can all talk when phased.”

Jimin hums, that makes sense since they can’t speak, “Wait, but is it like, silent until someone speaks or is it a stream of thought?”

They look at him curiously before Yoongi speaks, “Our minds are linked. Everything we think about at that moment is shared, does that make sense?”

Jimin looks over and nods slowly, “I think so. Basically, you can’t control what the others see?”

“Yeah, pretty much,” Yoongi confirms, “It all really depends on your ability to actively not think about things you don’t want people to hear.”

“Oh,” Jimin says, “That’s super cool though, you guys can like, read each other’s minds.”

Taehyung laughs, “It’s cool until it starts getting annoying. You can’t hide anything.”

Jimin can only imagine how embarrassing that could be. He doesn’t need anyone knowing what’s going on in his head all the time.

“What else can you do?” Jimin starts, “Like, do you have like...super powers?”

They laugh, “Oh yes. We’re superheroes in disguise. You’ve caught us,” Jeongguk teases, “We help the world one car at a time.”

Jimin playfully glares at Jeongguk and sticks his tongue out to show his displeasure, “You know what I mean,” his groans dissolve into laughter.

He’s surprised by how relaxed everyone is about the topic, how open they are with him, and he’s a little overwhelmed. He owes all of this to Taehyung, who on the first day, welcomed him with open arms.

The laughter turns into teasing, Taehyung and Jeongguk rolling around and throwing food at each other until Jin inevitably throws pillows at them to get them to calm down. Naturally, that simply turns into a pillow fight and everyone joins in. Jimin watches as they all attack each other, bright smiles on their faces as they hit each other, and it’s clear they’re no longer holding back on his account.

It’s hard to keep track of the movement and how fast their hands shoot out to land solid hits. It’s not long before Namjoon grips a pillow too hard, hits Yoongi too hard, and the pillow explodes on everyone’s face. Laughter echoes in the small room and Hoseok finally laughs, dimples showing through the force of the grin on his face.

He hesitates when they first settle down, nervous about being so close to Yoongi, but when he sees everyone curl up and touching, he does his best to ignore his nerves. Taehyung throws his legs over Jimin’s lap as he curls into Jeongguk and thoroughly traps Jimin where he’s at. Taking the chance, he leans into Yoongi, just a little as Namjoon pops a movie in before settling back next to Jin.  

Jimin honestly has no idea how they ended up watching bad werewolf movies until the early morning, but they do, curled up in a large puppy pile at the center of the living room. Somewhere around dawn, Jimin’s eyes start to droop and he can feel his head lean up against Yoongi’s shoulder. A part of him wants to fix it, to straighten himself out and not make Yoongi uncomfortable, but he’s too tired. He doesn’t know how much time passes, but at some point, he’s aware of an arm wrapping around his waist and pulling him closer into the warmth surrounding him.

Sighing, he curls up closer and goes back to sleep.

 

Jimin doesn’t wake up until the sun is shining brightly in his face. Groaning, he curls in closer to the body besides him and sighs, enjoying the forest scent that surrounds him. Groggy with sleep, his sleep addled brain doesn’t process his situation for a few beats. Eyes fly open as soon as he remembers that he fell asleep next to Yoongi. Met with the sight of pale skin, his eyes widen and he immediately freezes.

Memories of last night flood in, their meeting, piling up at the center of the room, but most importantly, Yoongi sitting next to him and apparently cuddling him in his sleep.

He’s surprised by the amazing smell of bacon wafting around him and he vaguely registers the sounds of cooking in the kitchen. It’s tempting, leaving the warm cage of Yoongi’s arms in favor of food, but he really doesn’t want to move.

The choice is taken out of his hands as a loud crash echoing through the house, making him flinch at the noise and Yoongi pull him in closer as he groans. Jimin’s heart skips a beat as he feels Yoongi nuzzle into his hair and hum before relaxing his grip. The moment gives him hope, maybe something could come out of his feelings for Yoongi, but the next second he feels Yoongi stiffen around him.

Tension fills them both as Jimin waits to see what Yoongi does next. Neither move at all until there’s another crash in the kitchen. Jimin can hear Jin scolding Namjoon from the kitchen, clearly trying to whisper. Yoongi curses under his breath before releasing Jimin and pulling away. Their eyes meet and Jimin blushes almost immediately, but he does his best to smile at Yoongi, hoping that it doesn’t look like a grimace.

They weave their way out of the den carefully, doing their best to avoid the sleeping pack members and make it into the kitchen. The food smells delicious and Jimin doesn’t even have a super nose to figure that one out. He’s about to offer to help Jin out as they walk in, but he stops as he watches Namjoon enter the kitchen.

The alpha is clearly not one used to cooking, looks all too awkward around the kitchen but he smiles as soon as Jin walks over, standing behind him and they cut vegetables to cook. The sight is terribly domestic and he vaguely thinks about what it could be like, to have that with someone, but he’s cut off by Jin.

“Good morning,” he greets, “I hope you slept well?”

Jimin blushes as he remembers the way he woke up, how amazing it felt to be wrapped up in Yoongi, and he can’t stop himself from glancing over at the silent man to his left, “Yeah, I slept really well,” he confirms before sitting at the counter facing towards the kitchen. He vaguely thinks he sees Yoongi blush, but when he glances over again to check, Yoongi’s mindlessly fiddling with his phone looking all too bored with the world.

The rest of the pack trickles in as Jin finishes breakfast, Jeongguk as the last one to come in. He looks just like he really is the youngest member, rubbing the sleep out of his cute puffy eyes and lips pouted as he walks straight over to Taehyung and curling into him sleepily. Jimin doesn’t miss the fond look that Taehyung has on his face, or the way that he fills Jeongguk’s plate with an excessive amount of food.

They all eat quietly, shoveling food into their mouths and devouring all the food set out.

“Oh god, I’m never going to eat again, I’m so full,” Jimin groans as he lies back into his chair, massaging his stomach.

They all laugh around him and he hears them all start to get up and put their plates away. Taehyung naturally goes to wash all of the dishes with no fuss or argument, surprising them all.

“We’ll meet out front for a run in ten minutes,” Namjoon says and instantly everyone looks at him grinning. Jimin’s not quite sure what that means, but their excitement is infectious, making him grin as well. Taehyung does the dishes faster than Jimin thought possible with Jeongguk at his side, drying and putting them away.

Yoongi shuffles around at his side before heading out of the house. Not knowing what else to do, Jimin follows not too far behind.

“What is a run?” He finds himself asking, looking at Yoongi curiously.

Yoongi turns and smiles at Jimin, soft and gentle before looking out at the forest, “It’s a way to bond as a pack. We don’t really phase all together often enough as a pack traditionally does, so any chance we get, we take.”

“Why not?” Jimin asks, “If it you love it so much, I mean?”

Yoongi sighs and shrugs, “Mostly packs patrol the land they claimed, back when there were more of us, but now there are so few that there’s really no need?”

Jimin watches as Yoongi says it, but it’s clear that there’s a wistfulness to his voice. He doesn’t know much about wolves, or how much of it translates over to shifters, but wolves are pack animals. It would make sense for them to crave the feeling of being together.

“Have you guys always been a pack then?” Just the thought of any of them thinking they’re alone in the world makes his heart hurt.

Yoongi shakes his head, “I’ve known Joonie for a while but it wasn’t until sixth grade that we met Jin. He moved in with his father and Jeongguk with the shop. Hobi moved in the year after that. Jeongguk made friends with Taehyung, or the other way around I should say, they’ve been nearly inseparable ever since. But it took us moving in together to really become a pack.”

He can imagine it, energetic Taehyung dragging a much too shy and quiet Jeongguk around. There’s no way that Taehyung wasn’t overactive and hyper. He still is overactive and hyper. What continues to nag at him, though, remains their living situation.

“Uh,” he looks around before tugging at his sleeves, “how did you end up living together? If you don’t mind me asking,” he tacks on at the end, cautious of making him uncomfortable.

There’s a moment of silence, Jimin staring at Yoongi cautiously while biting his lip as he waits for any kind of a reply.

“Namjoon and I, our parents died a while back. We fended for ourselves for a year before Jin got fed up and had us move in. Taehyung, his parents have never really been in the picture in the first place so he showed up and kinda just, never left,” Yoongi shrugs before looking out at the house, “Hoseok’s parents moved back to the city a while back but he didn’t want to so Jin offered to take him. He still talks to them regularly.”

Jimin listens and nods thoughtfully as Yoongi speaks, absorbing every piece of information he could. He’s about to open his mouth to speak but the moment is interrupted by Taehyung, screaming happily and running up to them.

“You ready, Jiminie?” He asks, a huge smile on his face.

Jimin grins back and nods. Of course he’s excited, he’s going to see the pack shift, or phase as they seem to call it. For the first time, he will get to see what they all look like. He thinks back to when Yoongi phased, his soft glossy fur and the grace that he carried himself with. His hands itch with the desire to run his fingers through the pitch-black fur.

It’s not long before they all gather in the grassy clearing. Jimin doesn’t know what to expect, but having them strip like it was nothing, was definitely not it.

“Oh god,” he exclaims, face hot before turning around and giving them their privacy.

Right, their clothes.

He doesn’t know how long they need before they’ve shifted, but he turns at the sound of a yip. Eyes widening, his mouth drops open in surprise when he sees them, looking at him with their ears perked at the top of their heads and tongues out of their mouths. They’d look more like dogs if they weren’t so damn large.

“Holy shit,” he whispers in awe before approaching. He identifies Yoongi easily, being the only pitch black wolf in the pack, but the others are a little harder to tell. There’s another yip from an auburn wolf, this time sounding a little more impatient than anything, and Jimin laughs, that has to be Taehyung.

“You’re all huge,” he murmurs. The smallest one is as tall as he is, but the largest one clears Jimin’s head easily. He thought Yoongi was big, but the multi-colored wolf is even bigger.

He walks over to Yoongi and just like the time before, holding out his hand for Yoongi to approach. Carefully watching him, Jimin notices that Yoongi shoots a look at the group before nuzzling into his hand. He can’t help the huge grin that explodes on his face, incredibly pleased that he gets time to run his fingers through Yoongi’s beautiful fur, but Yoongi’s approach kicks everyone else in gear, making their way over to him one by one.

The way that the auburn wolf bounds up to him solidifies Jimin’s belief that it’s Taehyung. He noses at the back of Jimin’s wrist, similarly to the way that Yoongi had, but he then proceeds to lick Jimin’s face.

“Oh ew,” Jimin complains, “gross,” before wiping his face on his sleeve. If wolves could laugh, he’s convinced Taehyung would be laughing. His eyes crinkle with how wide his smile is and his tongue hangs out of his mouth as he jumps around. Yoongi stands behind him, seeming more interested with the forest rather than the way that Jimin’s being harassed.

The others do similar things, nosing at the back of Jimin’s wrist before smelling his neck or his hair with their wet noses. The last wolf is the multi-colored one— Namjoon, Jimin thinks, standing taller than Jimin and holding a regal air to him. Everyone seems to be watching them carefully, the way he approaches Jimin and noses at his wrist before huffing and nosing his way up Jimin’s neck.

He can feel the puffs of air with the way Namjoon smells him and nerves tighten in his gut. With the tension in the air, Jimin realizes something important is happening, which leads him to believe that it’s Namjoon making an official decision.

He doesn’t know what changed, but Namjoon must have found everything okay because the next thing Jimin knows, Namjoon is throwing his head back and howling loudly. It’s a chain reaction, the others joining in with Yoongi last. The sound rings through the dead air, echoing through the open area. It doesn’t last long before Namjoon stops and walks off to the forest.

They follow quickly, Taehyung trotting over with a black and gold wolf in tow. There’s more smelling and licking before he hears Yoongi growl lowly and step closer to Jimin. He doesn’t have time to flinch before he feels Yoongi’s nose at his back, pushing him forward towards the forest.

Jimin enjoys the walk more than he probably should, surrounded by huge wolves laughing and playing comfortably. It’s interesting to watch their dynamics as they’re completely different than he would have expected. Namjoon stays towards the back, silently watching over everyone as Taehyung and Jeongguk nip and chase each other around. It doesn’t take a while before one of them gets tired and it’s funny to watch as a black and white wolf nips at Jeongguk’s heels. That has to be Jin.

Jimin laughs as Jeongguk yelps and keeps his tail and ears down, thoroughly chastised. A lean brown wolf comes up to Jimin’s side, brushing past him as he circles around and Jimin pats his head comfortably, loving the way his ears twitch and he leans his head closer to get more attention.

Eventually they make it to the clearing, the very same that Jimin talked with Hoseok in the day before. It’s just as pretty as before, seeming like the only peaceful part of the forest for miles.

“Go on, go run,” he encourages and waves his hands out, encouraging them to run ahead.

They look back at him, looking as though they couldn’t decide, but he waves his hands again with a smile and Taehyung yips excitedly. Namjoon howls, nose up in the air proudly and they all take off faster than Jimin has ever seen. Clumps of dirt fall around them with how deeply their claws dig into the earth as they launched themselves out. His eyes follow them as much as he can, but eventually he loses them in the thick of the forest and contents himself with lying on the soft ground, staring up at the sky.

The soft breeze keeps Jimin cool in the sun and surrounding him with the sounds of the forest. He can hear the excited yips and growls off in the distance, signaling that they hadn’t gone far. Content to lay there while they run and bond, he closes his eyes to fully relax, letting his other senses take over. The heat of the sun warms his face pleasantly while the breeze brushes through his hair. Soft grass tickles his palms and he can practically taste nature at his lips.

He doesn’t think that he’ll ever get over how clean the air smells. Lungs filling up with large gulps, he exhales with a smile, letting the air out slowly.

The sound of paws hitting the floor approaching piques his interest and he cracks an eye open. He’s surprised to see Yoongi trot over to him, tongue hanging out of his mouth and sprawls himself next to Jimin.

“What, you’re tired of them already?” Jimin asks even though he knows Yoongi can’t reply.

He’s rewarded with what sounds light a huff and eye-roll before Yoongi lays his head down next to Jimin’s and closes his eyes. He huffs a laugh before closing his eyes again and sighing contently. The ever-growing familiar scent of forest that follows Yoongi around deliciously hits Jimin, blanketing him in the warm sense of safety as they lay there.

It doesn’t take much longer for Jin and Namjoon to trot over, Namjoon lying his head on Jin’s neck as they curl up together. Jimin smiles as he watches Jin nuzzle into the side of Namjoon’s head while the colored wolf noses at Jin’s neck. The instinctual way that Jin naturally offers his neck up surprises Jimin a little. Jin emits a small sound that reminds Jimin of a contented hum as he lets Namjoon lick him all over, makes him smile. They’re so intimate together, it’s unbearably cute.

Vaguely he thinks that he should probably give them their privacy, but he’s distracted by the fur brushing up against his arm. Turning back to Yoongi, he sees that Yoongi’s head is laying suspiciously close to his wrists angled up and ready to be sniffed. Instead of calling him out on it though, Jimin turns his hand and runs it over Yoongi’s head. Instantly, he hears a big sigh and Yoongi crawls closer for more attention.

Never in a million years would Jimin have ever thought he’d find himself in this situation; surrounded by wolves the size of small horses, completely comfortable and happy.

 

 

The rest of the day is incredibly relaxing, a lot of group cuddles, and eating junk food. It’s amazing, how comfortable Jimin feels around them.

It took Hoseok a while, but he eventually relaxed as well, the tightness around his face easing as they day progressed. Jimin made sure to shower him with constant attention, running his hands through his thinner fur as much as he could, and when they returned back to the den, he lies his head on Hoseok’s lap and engage him in tickle fights.

“So, what did you think?” Taehyung says out of nowhere, staring at Jimin expectantly.

Jimin looks around, confused as to what he’s talking about. They hadn’t been talking about anything previously, which leaves Jimin puzzled, unsure about what Taehyung could possibly be talking about.

“Huh?” Is the incredibly unintelligent response he makes.

Taehyung rolls his eyes in exasperation, “The run,” he explains as if Jimin’s being particularly obtuse.

Jimin draws out an, “Oh,” sound, in recognition before leaning back onto Hoseok’s lap, “It definitely wasn’t what I expected, that’s for sure.”

Everyone stops what they’re doing and shift to look at him expectantly. Not knowing what else to do, he fiddles around with his fingers as he tries to gather his thoughts.

“I dunno,” he shrugs, “Everyone seems to have a job? Namjoon in the back, watching over everyone, Jin keeping you from being distracted by each other, that kind of stuff?”

They make a noise of assent before Hoseok speaks up, “We tend to let our instincts do everything for us for the most part.”

“Yeah, I can tell,” Jimin agrees, “Your mannerisms and stuff transfer over, it’s quite funny actually,” and he giggles as he remembers the way Jin had nipped at Jeongguk’s heels to keep him in line. Some things never change.

“Like what?” Taehyung prompts eagerly.

Jimin laughs, “Like, the two of you are constantly tugging at each other all the time,” he points between Jeongguk and Taehyung, “You can’t go long periods of time without touching each other or teasing.”

At first, Jimin had thought it was a product of their friendship, but Jin and Namjoon were the same. Even as wolves, Namjoon would brush up against Jin or they’d nuzzle into each others necks or do something equally as cute if they were apart. Taehyung and Jeongguk were different, too busy playing around to be considered ‘cute’, they’d playfully nip at each other or push until the other retaliated and another game would start.

“Jin and Namjoon are similar though,” he muses as he looks over at the two, sharing a beanbag, “Is Jin your second in command or something?”

Everyone chuckles but Jimin catches the slight pout on Yoongi’s lips.

“What? No,” Jin laughs squirming on Namjoon’s lap before relaxing, “We’re a mated pair,” he explains but Jimin is left even more confused.

“It’s like being married in human terms,” Hoseok explains, and that makes sense. They act domestic and like a married couple, because they are a married couple.

“So, like Taehyung and Jeongguk?” Jimin asks and thoroughly enjoys the way that both of them freeze and turn as red as a ripe tomato.

“Jimin, we are not,” they both sputter and look at each other before somehow looking even more awkward and staring at the carpet. Jimin can’t keep the laughter in, making him giggle and soon enough everyone else joins, laughing and easing the tension in the air.

“Yoongi is the second in command,” Jin points out and Jimin looks over. Thinking about it, that would make sense. Not only is he the second largest wolf, but he’s got the silent support thing down pat. A smile tugs at his lips as he sees Yoongi’s chest puff out, just a little, and Jimin can’t stop the amused giggle. He barely manages to swallow down the coo that threatens to escape his lips.

They laze around the rest of the day, comfortable and not in the mood to do anything. It’s not until Jimin gets a text from his mother that he starts shuffling around and trying to figure out how to ask for a ride home.

Thankfully, he’s saved from having to ask by Yoongi standing and offering to give him a ride.

“You sure? I don’t want to inconvenience you,” Jimin asks, a little shyly.

Yoongi rolls his eyes before walking out to the kitchen, “Come on Jimin, hurry up or I’ll just leave without you.”

Jimin nods before sitting up and brushing himself off. Just before he leaves, he turns to the rest of the pack and smiles shyly.

“I uh— Thank you,” he whispers before looking at them all, “Thank you for trusting me with this, I don’t know who else knows, but I promise I’ll keep your secret. Thank you for accepting me.”

He feels his face burn with a blush and he bows quickly, scurrying after Yoongi before they can say anything.

The ride in the truck is silent, but comfortable. It doesn’t take them long to arrive at Jimin’s house, but he doesn’t want to go in yet. It’s the first time he’s been alone, truly alone with Yoongi all day, and he wants to make it last as long as possible.

“Did you have fun?” Yoongi asks, breaking their silence,

The grin that appears on Jimin’s face practically breaks his face in half with how powerful it is, “Yeah! It was super cool,” he agrees, “It means so much to me that you would all do this for me— er, with me, I guess.”

Yoongi huffs a laugh before ruffling Jimin’s hair, “Yah, it’s not like it’s difficult. You fit right in,” and Jimin can’t keep the pleased smile from his face. Or the blush for that matter. Hearing the words from Yoongi, knowing that Yoongi wants him there, that Yoongi thinks that he fits in and belongs with them, makes his heart constrict in the best way possible.

“Thank you,” he whispers, emotion thick in his voice before he can swallow it back down.

There’s a moment of silence where they sit in the cabin of the truck, facing each other in their silence, until Yoongi clears his throat.

“We’re uh, we’re going camping next weekend,” he says before looking out at the street awkwardly.

He doesn’t know what Yoongi means.

“Oh, that sounds like fun? Text me pictures!” He tries but the way Yoongi tightens his lips tells Jimin that’s not what he was supposed to say.

“It’s something we do as a pack,” Yoongi explains and even though it doesn’t help Jimin’s confused state, he continues to listen, “There’s no one up there, where we go, so it’s pretty cool. We phase and stuff.”

Jimin nods but stays quiet. Eventually Yoongi will say what he means, Jimin just needs to be patient.

They’re quiet while Jimin watches Yoongi carefully, the way his hand twitches on his thigh and he worries his bottom lip.

“Do you uh—” he cuts himself off and looks down at his lap as he huffs and runs a hand through his hair, “You should come with us.”

The offer comes as a surprise to Jimin, not once thinking he was going to be invited.  

“I thought you said it was a pack thing?” He asks, heart hammering in his chest as he tries not to jump to conclusions.

The look on Yoongi’s face softens as his eyes glance over to Jimin, “Yeah,” he confirms.

Is he being invited to the pack? Giddy with the thought, Jimin grins and nods excitedly in his seat.

“Okay,” he breathes with a huge grin, barely containing the happy squeal threatening to leave his lips, before gathering his stuff. He doesn’t give himself a second to hesitate, throwing his arms around Yoongi and pulling him into an awkward hug.

The center console digs into his side uncomfortably for the split second that the contact lasts, but the warmth and smell of Yoongi makes it worth it. His courage wears off though, and much too soon, he lets Yoongi go before leaving the truck and running into his house.

 

 

His life seems to go back to normal within the week. He goes back to school, and thankfully, doesn’t have to answer a million questions as to where he’s been. He catches up with the ridiculous amount of homework that piled up, constantly hanging out with Namjoon to work through it all and he does his best to work on the choreography in his dance class.

His calf feels so much better. No longer needing to wrap it, he lets it heal naturally as much as possible. Half way through the week, the wound is not only completely sealed, but the scab that formed is almost totally gone, leaving new pink skin in its wake. Hoseok refuses to let him walk home, ever, but Jimin doesn’t fight him. It eases his fear, and Taehyung’s too, if the noticeable tightness in his shoulders is anything to go by, so he doesn’t mind. He also doesn’t mind the habit they form of smelling him every morning.

He’s not oblivious to the noises outside of his room at night either. At first it’s a little scary, hearing the rustling around the forest so close to his window, but when he sneaks a peak in the middle of the night and sees the large black wolf sleeping, he’s filled with warmth. Sure, it’s a little creepy, he’ll admit, but the tight feeling in his chest just grows infinitely at the thought of them keeping him safe.

That Thursday, as Taehyung drives him home, he nearly forgets to ask what to expect from the camping trip.

“What do I need to bring for tomorrow,” Jimin barely remembers to ask before jumping out of the truck.

Taehyung shrugs with an awkward laugh, “Uh, I don’t know? We have pretty much all of the supplies?” He really shouldn’t be surprised by Taehyung’s inability to pack— knowing him, someone probably does it for him. Or he steals their stuff.

Jimin sighs, “How many days is it?”

“We’re coming back on Sunday,” Taehyung answers with a smiles “Just bring warm clothes, it gets windy up there.”

Jimin nods, and that night, he spends too much time debating on what clothes to pack. It’s winter— why they decided to go camping in winter is beyond him, but he’s pretty sure there’s going to be snow. Shrugging it off, he dumps as many sweaters and thick socks as possible before heading off to bed

“Why are you going camping in the winter?” He asks Taehyung over lunch on Friday.

Taehyung laughs before tumbling onto Jimin’s lap and getting comfortable, “We don’t really get cold so it doesn’t bother us.”

“What do you mean, you don’t get cold?” Jimin asks, looking at Taehyung as if he grew a second head.

“We run hotter than humans?” He shrugs, “I don’t think I’ve ever been cold, actually.”

Thinking back as far as he’s known them, they’re never weather appropriate. Sure, Yoongi tends to wear jackets sometimes, but they’re never thick. They never shiver or complain about the cold, even if they are in jeans and a tank top while Jimin feels like he’s freezing under his many jackets and thick pants. Even now, with Jimin wearing his thermal underneath his jacket, Taehyung lies comfortably with his shirt and jeans.

“That’s no fair,” he pouts. Life would be so much easier if he didn’t have to worry about the weather.

Taehyung laughs, “Don’t worry,” he consoles, “I’ll give you my body heat as much as you want,” and Jimin knows that although he doesn’t doubt Taehyung one bit, he’s also teasing Jimin.

“Shut up,” he groans before pushing Taehyung off his lap. They lay there on the grass until Hoseok and Jeongguk walk over, smiling and teasing each other before they settle around.

“Why do you guys run hotter?” He blurts out and curses internally as he hears the possible innuendo that lies between his words.

Unsurprisingly, they all laugh.

“Now Jimin, just because you want to get into Yoongi’s pants doesn’t mean you have to question all of our attractiveness,” Taehyung teases, causing Jimin to blush furiously and jab Taehyung in the side.

“Shut the fuck up, that’s not what I meant,” he complains, wincing at how whiny it sounds. It only fuels their laughter further and it’s not until Hoseok calms down that Jimin gets a reply.

“It’s part of the healing speed,” he explains between bites of food, “Every time we phase, we heal as quickly as we break our bones right?” Jimin nods, leaning forward and listening carefully, “But the healing isn’t like, only when we’re wolves. Our metabolisms are just faster everywhere, which is why we eat so much and why our normal temperature is higher.”

Jimin’s eyes widen in comprehension as he processes Hoseok’s words. Their cells just work at a higher speed then, which also explains their faster reflexes and heightened senses. If their body works overtime to keep them at their peak shape, it would make sense for everything to be affected rather than just their shifts.

Excitement for the trip bubbles in his chest as the day progresses. He’s never been camping before, but beyond that, he’s never been camping with a bunch of werewolves. He has absolutely no idea what to expect but he knows that this weekend is going to be anything but boring.

As soon as the last bell of the day rings, they all pile into the Jeep and head over to Jimin’s house. He’s quick to drop his school stuff off and grab his packed bag before running back into the Jeep.

The drive to the mountains is longer than he thought, considering how close they look. As they climb higher and higher, the weather gets colder. The scenery is beautiful, though, trees impossibly green and the smell of the forest overwhelms Jimin in the best way possible. As they climb higher, Jimin starts noticing small patches of snow. He shivers, his body imagining how cold the night will be.

They pull up to an empty campsite, the only thing visible for as far as Jimin can see, is the familiar truck that he knows belongs to the pack. He glances around, trying to find the three older members but comes up blank. Hoseok grabs all of their stuff from the back, throwing bags at Taehyung and Jeongguk before hiking his own on his back.

“Where are we going?” Jimin asks as he follows them away from what he assumed to be the campsite.

“We’re going further up,” Taehyung answers with a smile.

Just as they get to the beginning of a trail, they all turn their heads into the forest in surprise. Jimin doesn’t have to wait long before he finds out what they’re looking at, as Yoongi’s large form breaks through the tree line.

Yoongi never fails to take Jimin's breath away in his wolf form, there's something so inherently beautiful that Jimin can't bear to tear his eyes away.

“Hey,” he greets as Yoongi walks right up to Jimin. They stand around a little awkwardly before Yoongi is nosing at Jimin’s side and lying on his stomach. Confused, Jimin looks over at Taehyung hoping to get some answers.

“He wants you to get on,” Taehyung explains, amusement clear in his voice as he does his best to keep a smile off his face.

Jimin’s eyes widen, surprised and a little confused but he does as he’s told. Carefully, he steps over Yoongi’s large form and a surprised yelp leaves his lips as Yoongi stands. His hands dig deeply into the soft fur below his palms and he tightens his legs around Yoongi’s body as he does his best to keep himself from sliding off. It’s strange, being on top of an animal so large, but he’s comforted by the knowledge that Yoongi would never let him fall off.

Yoongi turns his head and looks at him for a second before Jimin nods his head and they’re walking off.

Somewhere down the line, he becomes overly aware that he’s riding Yoongi; Yoongi is between his legs rubbing up against him, and holy shit, Jimin’s brain short circuits. Yoongi’s soft fur rubs between his legs perfectly, warm and just enough to tease with a taste of friction. He can feel himself getting aroused, the constant movement of Yoongi’s body under his setting his nerves on end and dear god he cannot get hard, he cannot get hard when Yoongi can probably feel it.

Embarrassed and aroused, he furiously tries to think of anything that will ease his feelings, tamp down his potential boner before things get infinitely more uncomfortable. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long for them to make it up to the clearing. He can see the campfire and what looks to be the opening to a large cave in the mountain side. Yoongi walks up to the campfire before he’s easing himself down and Jimin gets off easily.

He ignores the pointed looks before he’s straightening his clothes and setting his stuff on the ground. If he ignores what happened, it can’t make him embarrassed.

 

 

That night, while everyone is getting ready to sleep, Taehyung slides up to Jimin.

“So how as the uh, trek up?” He asks, smirk clear in his voice.

Jimin does his best not to blush, but the heat at the tip of his ears gives him away, “Just fine,” he replies, even though his voice sounds more like a squeak than anything else.

“You know Jimin,” Taehyung starts, sitting on his ass next to Jimin, “Yoongi never lets anyone ride him, let alone tell someone to get on...”

Jimin thinks back to the ride, the way Yoongi felt between his legs, and it makes sense why Yoongi wouldn’t let just anyone ride him. Just thinking about it now sets his nerves on fire and the knowledge that it meant something to Yoongi, that it wasn’t as casual as he wanted Jimin to believe, sends arousal down his gut.

“Would you like some water to quench your thirst?” Taehyung offers and Jimin just punches Taehyung’s arm before heading into the cave.

The pack is phased, getting ready to sleep. Sleeping in wolf form is more comfortable, he supposes. Sleeping on the cold ground isn’t comfortable for anyone. For a second he doesn’t know where he’s supposed to lie down, their large forms taking up pretty much all of the space around them, but he feels a nose at his back pushing him forward and lets himself be pushed.

Namjoon and Jin are, unsurprisingly, curled up against each other, licking and nuzzling before they settle down and close their eyes. Hoseok’s curled up alongside Yoongi, whose large form is up against the wall and facing a bed-like set up. An unzipped sleeping bag lays out like a blanket, with a pillow and thick blanket folded at the base. This must be for him. The nose at his back pushes him closer to the bed impatiently.

“I’m going, I’m going, geez,” he complains before settling on top, pulling the blanket at his feet up to his chin. Reaching over, he turns off the propane lamp beside him and does his best to get comfortable. Closing his eyes, he lets the sound of the wolves around him lull him to sleep.

It’s harder than he thought, trying to find comfortable spot that’s warm too. He tries, shifting slowly to keep his noise level down, but when as soon as he finds a new position that’s comfortable, he gets cold.

He hears a huff next to him, close to his face, and the next thing he knows, there’s a huge body wrapping itself around him. He doesn’t need to be able to see to know it’s Yoongi, he was the closest, and Jimin’s face burns in embarrassment.

“Sorry,” he apologizes, guilty that he’s keeping Yoongi from sleeping.

There’s another huff and a large tongue licking at his cheek. Smiling, he realizes he’s being reassured. The thing is, he’s incredibly comfortable, engulfed by Yoongi. He curls into Yoongi’s warmth, sleepily laying his head on Yoongi’s neck and breathes him in happily. Although he smells more earthy, the core smell is the same, as is the comfort and safety it makes him feel. He loves the way Yoongi tucks his head closer to Jimin’s body and this fluffy tail lays over him, wrapping him in Yoongi’s warmth completely.

Unsurprisingly, it doesn’t take him long to fall asleep with a huge smile on his face.

 

 

They go on another run and Jimin does his best to run along, laughing and chasing after them to the best of his abilities in mountainous terrain. It turns into a game of tag, Jimin paired with Hoseok, Jin, and Yoongi against Taehyung, Namjoon, and Jeongguk.

It goes better than he had expected, Namjoon is just as clumsy as a wolf as he is as a human, making him easy to catch. Jeongguk gets caught by Hoseok, surprising Jimin but pleasing him greatly. Jeongguk is large, yes, but Hoseok is lean and clearly faster.

Jimin is determined to catch Taehyung, who’s staying just out of reach, teasing Jimin.

“Fine,” Jimin sighs, “If that’s how you wanna play then,” and he looks over to Yoongi. He doesn’t really know how to say what he wants, but he gestures with his eyes towards Taehyung and there’s a change in his posture. He gets down low and crawls around Taehyung, cutting off his exit just as Jimin sprints forward.

Taehyung yips excitedly and turns to run, but instead of getting away, he runs right into Yoongi. The collision takes them both to the ground but it gives Jimin the time to catch Taehyung, landing on top of the pile and wrapping his arms around his neck.

What he doesn’t expect is the way Taehyung stands up like nothing, with Jimin still holding on to his neck, and walks away.

“Taehyung!” He squeals, tightening his hold and wrapping his legs around his torso. The wolf spares him a backward glance before he takes off, running faster than Jimin thought possible. An excited laugh bubbles out of Jimin, grinning and whooping wildly as they get deeper into the forest. They practically fly past the trees, the wind pushing his hair back and vision blurring with tears due to the cold air, but he can’t stop smiling.

It’s not long before he sees the rest of the pack join, Jeongguk running up to one side and Yoongi running up to the other. They share a look, laughing and Yoongi looks pleased too, before there’s a howl from the back and they pick up speed, and banking to the right. Jimin stays low, reducing the resistance from the wind as they run and does his best to enjoy the thrill. Adrenaline pumping through his body, Jimin is convinced that he couldn’t get this kind of speed and safety from a motorcycle, even if they’re going just as fast.

Looking up, he barely has time to see the fallen tree, “Taehyung,” he yells in warning, but instead of slowing, he feels Taehyung gaining speed. Bracing for whatever Taehyung is planning, he tightens his hold and screams as Taehyung launches them off the ground and over the fallen tree. His heart soars along with them, adrenaline pumping through his body, and even though he nearly slips off as they land, Jimin’s still grinning ear to ear.

Taehyung’s pace stutters just a little as Jimin fixes his hold, but he’s picking up speed soon enough. Jimin turns back and sees them all gracefully jumping over the tree and laughs with glee as Jeongguk runs over and playfully nips at Taehyung, goading him into a game.

“Let’s get him, Tae,” Jimin urges and Taehyung shoots him a happy look, tongue hanging out with his teeth out on display and doesn’t stop, running happily as they chase after Jeongguk.

They don’t head back until the sun starts to set, creating a beautiful orange glow across the forest. It takes his breath away, seeing this part of nature, completely untouched by modernity and the wildlife thriving around them. Everywhere he looks there’s an animal; birds, bunnies, and even a fox or two. This part of the world remains untouched by man. It’s amazing to witness nature moving around him without a care.

The temperature drops quickly though, causing Jimin to layer and start looking more like a stuffed olive than human being. When he exits the cave, going out to the fire, he sees that they’ve all phased back and started cooking the meat that had been hunted.

His stomach churns as he remembers the way Jeongguk and Hoseok had returned happily with a small deer caught between their mouths, tails wagging happily as they presented their success to Jin.

It’s cute, he’ll admit, how openly they asked for Jin’s praise, but it hadn’t taken away from the fact that there was blood all over their muzzle. He gets it though, understanding that it was a great hunt and the only reason that they were going to eat. When they trot up to him happily, he scratches behind both of their ears with a smile before Jin complains about the trail of blood and sends them to clean up.

Seeing the meat cut up and cooking, it looks much more appetizing.

“We need more firewood,” Jin points out, looking at their pile, “It’s not going to last much longer.”

“I’ll go get some!” Jimin offers, eager to contribute as much as he can. Gathering wood is one of the few things he can do easily and without much fuss.

Jin nods his head and points him in the direction of dry wood. Not a moment later, he takes off with a flashlight, just in case he stays out later than he should and needs to see. It doesn’t take long before he has a couple of sticks and logs in his arms. Just as he’s about to grab another, a pale hand shoots out and takes the wood.

He makes a sound of surprise as he straightens, but relaxes as he sees it’s just Yoongi, “Oh, hey. You startled me.”

Yoongi chuckles lightly before grabbing some of the wood out of his hands, “Here, let me help you,” he offers and Jimin smiles. He’s not going to say no to alone time with Yoongi.

They take off looking around for more wood together. There’s more than Jimin would have assumed, and before he knows it, the pile in his arm grows almost up to his head.

He can hear Yoongi laughing next to him and Jimin can’t blame him. He must be a funny sight, barely able see where he’s stepping all because he wants to have as much wood as possible. Thankfully though, Yoongi is there, guiding him with a hand at the base of his spine and his own small pile is being carried under his arm.

They’ve grown close as they get to know each other, closer than Jimin had thought possible, but he can’t help himself from wanting more. Every time Yoongi so much as looks at him, Jimin feels fire in his veins, craving his touch and smell. Even now, with his hand over his clothes and the barely there pressure, Jimin wants to know what it would be like to have the touch on his bare skin. Beyond that, he wants to know Yoongi better. He wants to know what makes Yoongi tick, what makes him smile.

Blushing, he glances over to Yoongi before looking out straight ahead. He really shouldn't be thinking about this kind of stuff while Yoongi’s right there. With his luck, Yoongi can smell his arousal or something equally as embarrassing and he’ll have to move across the world to make sure he doesn’t have to face Yoongi ever again.

In the midst of doing his best to ignore himself and his feelings, Jimin loses concentration on where he’s going. Foot getting trapped under a fallen tree branch, Jimin trips and falls. It’s almost in slow motion, the way his eyes widen and hands wave up in an attempt to brace for the impact.

His hands hit the ground hard, but thankfully he doesn’t impale himself on the wood he was carrying. What he doesn’t expect is Yoongi’s reaction.

“Jimin,” he gasps as he drops the wood in his arm and gets down to his level to look at him carefully, “let me see. Are you okay?”

Jimin’s too stunned to do anything besides offer up his hands for inspection. Yoongi holds his wrist carefully, as if he’s going to break, and makes a distressed sound as he sees the small drops of blood on his palm.

“Yoongi, I’m fine,” he assures but Yoongi doesn’t take his hands off his palm.

“But you’re bleeding—

“Yoongi,” he interrupts, trying to take his hand back but Yoongi doesn’t let go, instead he huddles closer.

He doesn’t seem to notice their proximity, but Jimin does. He’s so close to Yoongi, he can see the freckles on his face and the way he bites his bottom lip before releasing it. He really wants to kiss those lips, see if they’re as soft as they look.

“Yoongi,” he calls out but he receives no response.

“We need to get something to clean this up with, maybe wrap it with—” Gathering all of the courage Jimin can muster, he grabs Yoongi’s chin and kisses him, muffling whatever he was going to say.

There’s a second where neither move, Jimin doesn’t even breathe as he waits for Yoongi to respond, to do anything. Just as he’s about to pull away and apologize, Yoongi whimpers and falls into the kiss.

It’s soft, chaste in nature, as if Yoongi doesn’t know quite what to do with himself or his hands. They kiss slowly, savoring the press of each other’s lips as they learn what the other likes and dislikes.

Yoongi pulls away from the kiss but noses at Jimin’s cheek, rubbing their noses together, “Jimin, I’m not kidding that—”  

“Yoongi, just shut up and kiss me,” Jimin sighs before pulling Yoongi back down and pressing their lips together. It takes him some time, but eventually Jimin coaxes Yoongi’s lips apart and carefully deepens the kiss.

Yoongi’s lips are as soft, if not softer, than Jimin had imagined. The way they press against his over and over again is addicting. Craving more, Jimin nibbles down on Yoongi’s lip, which seems to do the trick. A noise rumbles deep in Yoongi’s chest and the kiss gets messier as he presses Jimin into the ground, kissing him a little less reserved and more like a starving man.

“Damn it—” he groans between kisses, “I wanted to do this right—” he nibbles down on Jimin’s bottom lip, “but fuck, Jimin,” he groans and Jimin lets his hands tangle in his black hair and pulls him in closer.

Yoongi makes a sound deep in the back of his throat as Jimin rakes his nails through his hair and down the nape of his neck. He presses himself up into the kiss, whimpering every time Yoongi nips at his bottom lip, loving the pleasurable sting.

They pull away before Jimin can pass out from a lack of oxygen, but he shudders as he feels the soft puffs of air at his neck. Yoongi trails kisses down his neck, nipping and sucking as he goes, coaxing an assortment of embarrassing sounds from Jimin’s lips. Clutching Yoongi closer, Jimin lets him do as he pleases, lets him latch onto the sensitive skin just beneath his ear.

Yoongi,” he groans at the added pressure and he’s certain that there’s going to be a hickey. Just the thought that he’s going to be marked, that Yoongi’s going to leave a hickey on his neck, shoots heat down his spine.

As soon as Yoongi’s lips detach from Jimin’s neck, he drags Yoongi back up and kisses him desperately, needing more of him. Yoongi meets his passion equally, kissing him hard and deep, stealing Jimin’s very breath. The kiss muffles the sighs and hums of pleasure that they make, and a part of Jimin can’t believe what’s happening.

They lie there on the forest floor, surrounded by abandoned firewood, kissing for longer than Jimin thought possible. He’s dizzy, brain fogged up with how good it feels to finally have Yoongi on his lips, on his skin. But he doesn’t stop, keeping his hands in Yoongi’s hair as they learn their mouths, what they like and don’t like.

The kiss slows down naturally, their lips touching sweetly, making Jimin’s heart clench with warmth. Yoongi pulls away slowly before pressing multiple chaste kisses to Jimin’s lips, as if unable to stop completely.

Jimin giggles happily and opens his eyes. The sight that greets him nearly takes his breath away. Yoongi watches him with the softest look that he’s ever seen, causing him to blush and look away. There’s a soft flush on Yoongi’s cheeks too, matching the pink shade of his puffy lips, and Jimin can’t keep himself from stealing a final kiss.

Yoongi huffs a soft laugh before he rests their foreheads together and his hands caress Jimin’s sides carefully.  

“We should head back,” Jimin whispers even though he doesn’t want to leave. He also doesn’t want them to worry either.

Yoongi makes a vague noise of assent, but makes no move to get off him, content to nuzzle into Jimin’s cheek.

“Yoongi,” Jimin coaxes, rubbing Yoongi’s sides in the hope that it encourages some movement.

It takes Yoongi a minute, but eventually he stands and helps Jimin up. He lets Yoongi inspect his hands one last time, making sure that he’s not still bleeding, and they make their way back to the others silently.

Jimin can’t stop smiling the rest of the night.

 

 

After their kiss, things change. Although they don’t talk about it, or what it means, Yoongi’s much more affectionate.

Granted, Jimin may just now be noticing every little thing Yoongi does for him, hyper aware of everything Yoongi does, but it makes a warm feeling burrow into his chest. From handing him blankets, to making sure his water bottle is never empty, Yoongi seems like a constant presence at his side.

They all hang out around the campfire that night, singing and snacking on s'mores as they talk. Somewhere between Namjoon’s dramatic rendition of some song and Taehyung’s duet with Jeongguk, Yoongi disappears.

Writing it off as nothing, Jimin ignores his absence until he starts shivering. He grabs the blanket around his shoulders and brings his knees up to his chin, doing his best to curl up and preserve whatever warmth he can.

The soft sound of Jin’s guitar skills waft through the clearing, lulling them into a song that Jimin vaguely remembers his mother singing on quiet days. Their voices blend well, harmonizing comfortably with each other as they transition from song to song. Jimin keeps an eye out for Yoongi, a little worried where he could have gone.

His worrying is for nothing, when a few minutes later, Yoongi returns. His large black form creeps up alongside Jimin and startles him, just a little as he curls himself around Jimin, laying his head on Jimin’s lap.

“Hey,” Jimin greets before running his hands through Yoongi’s fur as he’s taken to doing. Yoongi rumbles something back and Jimin takes it as a greeting before looking back up and rejoining the sing-along.

Eventually, Jin runs out of songs and Taehyung starts telling scary stories he’s heard around. They all listen attentively, laughing at some of the more ridiculous ones. Jimin has never been one to like scary stories, easily spooked as he is, but with Yoongi’s body around him, he feels a little better.

Unfortunately for Hoseok, he doesn’t look to be doing so well.

Jimin stifles his giggles as he sees Jeongguk creep behind Hoseok, clearly planning to scare the poor guy. He makes eye contact with Taehyung and they share a grin. Next thing Jimin knows, Taehyung is leaping out as he gestures wildly about the monster, startling Hoseok. Just as he clutches his heart and breathes, Jeongguk grabs Hoseok by the shoulders and yells, scaring the living crap out of the boy.

A part of Jimin feels bad by the way he laughs, leaning into Yoongi with how hard his body shakes, but Hoseok’s reaction is amazingly hilarious. He screams indignantly, high-pitched as he jumps from fright, and Jeongguk wisely runs off with Hoseok hot on his heels cursing him as they bicker and wrestle.

Everyone laughs and cheers them on, tumbling all over the dirt until Hoseok ends up on top, pushing Jeongguk onto the ground triumphantly.

“Submit,” Hoseok commands, his thighs caging Jeongguk.

Jimin’s surprised by the last-ditch effort Jeongguk gives, trying to buck Hoseok off and flip them, but Hoseok’s grip is solid, pinning his hands down and even from the distance, Jimin can tell that Jeongguk isn’t going anywhere without Hoseok letting it happen.

Submit,” he commands again, voice dropping to a lower register as his eyes flash gold.

Jimin watches with bated breath as Jeongguk squirms one last time before going limp, whining and baring his neck. Hoseok whoops with his victory, getting off Jeongguk and flailing his limbs happily.

“Suck on that, pup,” he grins before sauntering back to where everyone else was.

Jeongguk rolls his eyes as he stands, brushing himself off and grumbles something before going to sit next to Taehyung. Jimin giggles at the way Taehyung brings him into a hug, ruffling his hair before nuzzling his temple and whispering something in his ear that makes Jeongguk blush.

He’s distracted from their cute flirting by Yoongi, whining from his place on Jimin’s lap.

“What?” Jimin asks but Yoongi just stares at him as if waiting for Jimin to understand what it is he wants. He stays still, utterly confused by what Yoongi could possibly want, and the wolf huffs before bumping Jimin’s raised hand.

Thought building in his head, Jimin runs his fingers through Yoongi’s fur and sure enough, there’s a pleased rumble before Yoongi shifts and gets comfortable again, moving his tail lazily. Just like Yoongi, demand attention without actually saying anything.

Jimin giggles as he rubs Yoongi’s ears, scratching lightly at the base before going around his giant head and running his hands through it all. As much as he may grumble and pout, he loves cuddling Yoongi like this, being close with him and making him feel good. He loves how comfortable Yoongi is with him, how he curls up around Jimin and lets him touch as much as he wants. It makes Jimin feel special.

“Your fur is so soft,” he compliments softly as he runs his hands down Yoongi’s neck.

A giggle draws his attention back up to everyone else, watching them with poorly disguised grins on their faces.

“He’s always been particular about his baths,” Hoseok explains with a smirk before looking down at Yoongi and grinning, “Princess.”

Yoongi growls halfheartedly but he doesn’t move a muscle from Jimin’s lap. They all laugh before breaking out into huge yawns.

“Okay, bed time,” Jin says after a particularly large yawn, setting them all off in a chain of yawns.

That night, Jimin sleeps better than the first, curled up to Yoongi from the beginning, letting his soft fur act as a pillow and blanket as well. Namjoon, like the night before, lays his head over Jin’s but surprisingly, Taehyung does the same thing. He lies practically on top of Jeongguk, laying his head over Jeongguk’s side and pressing their bodies together.

Whether or not there’s something between the two, Jimin can confidently say that they’re more than friends. Making a note of it in his sleepy brain, he promises to talk to Taehyung about it later.

He falls asleep with relative ease, warm and safe.

 

 

The drive back down is considerably easier. Expecting the long road ahead, Jimin makes himself comfortable, letting Yoongi drive in silence the way he usually does.

Jimin can’t stop thinking about their kiss, about the shift in their relationship. The rest of the trip was spent in some sort of limbo, and Jimin has no idea how to proceed. He knows what he wants— he wants to be able to hold Yoongi’s hand and kiss him and all kinds of other things that make his heart race, but he doesn’t know if Yoongi wants that too.

Are there rules to dating a werewolf?’

He spends the entire ride back trying to figure out what to say, and hoping that maybe Yoongi says something instead.

The stifling silence grates at Jimin’s nerves, filling with the fierce need to speak. Worrying his bottom lip, he forces himself to stay quiet while at the same time trying to figure out what in the world he could possibly say.

The tension gets worse as they arrive in front of Jimin’s house. He itches with the need to say something, anything, but his brain draws a blank.

“So are we dating or…” he finally blurts out, unable to take the silence any longer. He instantly regrets the words though, eyes widening and wishing he could just snatch them from the tense air and shove them back into his mouth.

“I-I mean, uh, that’s not what was supposed to come out,” Jimin babbles, staring at his fidgeting hands while trying his best to backtrack and fix whatever he just did, “uh, I mean like, i-if you w-want or like, um, I uh— fuck, I mean—”

Yoongi snorts from his seat, drawing Jimin’s indignant attention, but before he can complain about Yoongi laughing at his expense, he speaks, “Do you want us to be?”

Jimin sputters, shaking his head and trying to process what the hell just happened.

“Is that how you’re asking me out?!” He retorts incredulously. How is it possible for Yoongi to be so blase about something that’s been making Jimin so nervous the entire ride back.

Yoongi rolls his eyes with a small smile on his lips before he just grunts an affirmative and looks out to the road. Not knowing what else to do, Jimin just huffs, throwing inhibition out the door, before he leans over and pulls Yoongi into a quick kiss. Yoongi makes a surprised noise at the back of his throat before cupping Jimin’s cheek and kissing him back.

Jimin groans into the kiss as Yoongi bites at his lip, drawing him in closer. The console digs into his side as he leans closer, but he ignores it in favor of Yoongi’s lips on his. Yoongi kisses him like no one ever has, makes him feel like he’s soaring, without even trying.

The cabin of the truck is silent apart from the soft sighs and groans that leave their lips as they kiss, slow and deep. Jimin feels like he’s practically drowning in Yoongi, drawn in and unable to pull away until Yoongi pulls himself away and leaves them both roughly panting.

“Yeah, okay, I’ll be your boyfriend then,” Jimin whispers. He kisses Yoongi one last time, chaste and much too quick for his tastes, before he runs out of the car and into the safety of his house.

He dives to his bed, fishing out his phone and dialing Taehyung as quick as he can.

“Hello?” Taehyung answers and Jimin can practically hear the smile on his face

“I need you to tell me all there is to know about dating a werewolf,” he blurts out much too fast before he can lose confidence.

Taehyung laughs far too long, “Taehyung,” Jimin whines and buries his face into his pillow in embarrassment.

“I was waiting for you to ask about that,” Taehyung laughs and it makes Jimin whine more and more until Taehyung finally stops laughing.

“Shut up,” he whines into his pillow.

“I uh,” Taehyung starts, “us shifters, we’re intense, Jimin.”

Taehyung pauses before speaking, “We don’t do things halfway, and I mean that seriously. You’re one of us Jimin, we take care of our own,” his voice is strangely serious, but Jimin feels comforted by his words more than anything, “but the same applies to all kinds of relationships. I’m not going to make any assumptions but I want you to keep that in mind.”

Jimin hums, that makes sense. They had accepted him with open arms, including him in everything, but with relationships he should consider taking it slow. He doesn’t want to scare Yoongi away, or cage him in something too quickly. Slow, he can do slow.

“We’re also scent reliant,” Taehyung says after a moment, “so don’t get weirded out if there’s a lot of scent marking going on.”

“Scent marking?”

“Oh, right uh—” Taehyung cuts himself off with a sigh, “you smell like everything you touch, places you go, that kind of thing. We’re essentially pack animals, we like having you smell like pack, or in Yoongi’s case, like Yoongi.”

That actually explains a lot, the strange way that they took to smelling him in the mornings, the nuzzling.

“So is that why you’re always touching?” He asks, just to clarify his theory.

“Mhm,” Taehyung confirms, “That’s also like, pack bonding?”

Jimin nods his head in understanding before he remembers Taehyung can’t see him so he makes a noise to let him know he understands.

After a moment or two of comfortable silence, Jimin rearranges himself onto his back and sighs, “So what’s with you and Jeongguk?”

“W-what?” Taehyung sputters, “N-nothing, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Jimin laughs, enjoying the way Taehyung figuratively squirms. It’s his turn to be uncomfortable anyway.

“C’mon Taehyung,” Jimin prods, “You’re not very subtle,” he pauses for a second before sighing, “Tae, I love you man, you know I do, but Jeongguk is like a puppy asking for your attention. Do yourselves both the favor.”

Taehyung groans before saying something but it’s muffled and Jimin drops it. He can understand if Taehyung has some reservations. It’s not like he’s a relationship guru anyway.

“Whatever, Jimin,” Taehyung groans after a moment, “Just remember that our noses are, oh how do I put it, sensitive. We can smell things and uh, how hard things are so—”

Jimin throws his phone across the room, face hot, and screams into his pillow.

He’s fucked.

 

Notes:

ah yes, finally something happens

Chapter 5

Notes:

ah, the first date

fair warning, this is where it starts getting good ;)

Chapter Text

Their relationship progresses well, Jimin growing accustomed to Yoongi driving him home every night and being around whenever he’s at the shop. He’s noticed more and more, that instead of the whole pack, it’s just Yoongi, sleeping below his window, and the feeling in his chest grows as the months pass.

Christmas and New Year pass with little to no change. Yoongi starts picking him up after school on days that he stays late, still refusing to let him walk home, but Jimin can’t bring himself to complain.

Slowly, Yoongi is opening himself up, telling Jimin about his day, about what annoys him and what makes him happy. He’s seen Yoongi pout adorably more times than he can count and he’s made Yoongi smile, full gummy smile with crinkly eyes, enough times to power a small city.

Every day is a new day, and every day he craves Yoongi, wants to know more, to have more of him. Sometimes the intensity of his feelings scares him, but mostly, he’s too far gone to care.

Thankfully, his leg healed pretty quickly— as good as new. It allowed him to perform during the mid-year performance. But more importantly, he’s been chosen to be a part of the graduation performance.

“Okay class, you’re doing well, but remember that the routine is going to be nearly nine minutes so I need you to keep working on this until you can do it in your sleep,” the choreographer instructs as he turns off the computer, “Go home and rest, but remember, you should be working on this outside of class too. I’ll know if you don’t, don’t think I won’t.”

Hoseok and Jimin groan but quickly go to the locker rooms to change as soon as they’re dismissed. Digging through his stuff, he tries to find his clean set of clothes, but as he digs, he comes up blank. Backtracking his moves, he does his best to try to remember if he packed a clean set of clothes, but of course, it was laundry day.

“Damn it,” he curses, grabbing his small hand towel and wiping himself down as best he can.

“Hey, everything alright?” Hoseok asks, looking over his shoulder trying to figure out what the problem is.

Jimin just shakes his head before groaning, “Yeah no, sorry. It’s laundry day today, so I forgot to pack a clean set of clothes.”

Hoseok makes a humming noise but as Jimin turns to look at him, he can see the amused grin on his face, “Shame shame, Jiminie. Now you’re going to stink all the way home.”

Jimin groans, face palming and hiding his blush. Knowing Yoongi, he’s already in the parking lot, waiting for him, and he’s going to insist on giving Jimin a ride. Even though he’s going to stink like sweat.

“Ugh, I hope he doesn’t hate me for stinking up the truck,” he groans as he throws his backpack over his shoulder and heads out. He thinks he hears a ‘trust me, he won’t’ from behind him, but he’s writes it off as his brain making things up. Yoongi has a sensitive nose, if anything it’ll make it worse.

As they make their way to the nearly deserted parking lot, sure enough, he spots the familiar truck in the same spot as always. He waves Hoseok off and trots over to his boyfriend, leaning up against his truck looking much too attractive to be legal.

Jimin jogs right up to Yoongi, planting a short sweet kiss on his lips in greeting and he hears Yoongi’s sharp inhale.

Jimin pulls away with a sheepish smile, “Ah, sorry Yoongi, I don’t have a change of clothes,” he apologizes before looking into his eyes.

The look on Yoongi’s face surprises Jimin. His pupils blown and nostrils flared, he looks affected yes, but something tells Jimin that it’s not in a bad way.

“Yoongi?” He prompts softly, hesitantly leaning forward. There’s a flurry of movement before he’s pressed up against the truck. Yoongi’s nose traces its way up and down Jimin’s neck, setting his nerves on fire.

Yoongi licks a fat stripe from his collarbones up to the sensitive area just below his ear and a deep growl rumbles from the back of his throat. Jimin can’t swallow down the whimper that builds in his chest, heat curling in his gut faster than he thought possible. He moves his head a little, giving Yoongi more room to work with and groans loudly as Yoongi’s lips kiss along his neck, gently biting and sucking on the sensitive skin. Jimin can already feel the bruises that Yoongi is brazenly leaving on his neck.

He thinks he hears Yoongi growl something close to ‘mine’ but his aroused brain could totally just be fabricating things as Yoongi marks him up. Jimin’s fingers dig into Yoongi’s hair and pulls him in closer, spreading his legs to give him room to step closer, removing any space between them.

“Jesus,” he groans as Yoongi nips at the skin, oversensitized and deliciously hot, dancing across the line between pain and pleasure in the best way possible.

Yoongi pulls away from Jimin, just enough so that he can admire his handiwork. Jimin sees the proud look on Yoongi’s face, the hard look in his eyes, but all Jimin can’t take his eyes off Yoongi’s lips, glossy and puffy from his ministrations. Jimin wants to taste them, feel them up against his own and see if he can pull delicious sounds from them.

He stares at Yoongi’s lips as he bites down on his own, debating on whether or not to wait to kiss him, but the decision is taken out of his hands. Yoongi pushes forward and kisses Jimin, deep and hard.

Yoongi’s pale arms cage Jimin in between the truck and his lean body. Jimin moans against Yoongi’s lips, pulling him in closer and lets one hand roam his back, teasing at the skin between his shirt and pants. He wants to touch him everywhere, wants to ease the itch under his skin. Jimin’s surprised by how soft the skin he can touch is, smooth and warm under his fingers.

Jimin can feel one of Yoongi’s hands grab him by the waist, the slightest bit too tight and it sends a jolt down his body. He can't wait to see the bruises later, see the physical proof of this on his body. Yoongi bites down on Jimin’s bottom lip and he whimpers, bucking his hips up and into Yoongi.

“Fuck,” Yoongi breathes before kissing his way back down Jimin’s neck, nipping and sucking on the skin. Jimin lifts a leg, pressing it up against Yoongi’s hip searching, no, needing more. The pressure against his dick is almost perfect, he can feel himself hardening in his pants embarrassingly quickly, but he can't bring himself to care.

He doesn’t expect for Yoongi to pick him up.

Jimin yelps in surprise before it turns into a groan as pure heat shoots down his spine. It’s ridiculously hot how easily Yoongi can just pick him up and press him against the truck as if he weighs nothing. Jimin can just imagine what it would be like— to be pinned down beneath his strong frame and forced to take whatever Yoongi wants to give him.

Wrapping his thighs around Yoongi’s narrow waist, he grinds on Yoongi desperately. The new angle, the friction is perfect and makes Jimin’s brain short-circuit in pleasure, drawing out a sinful moan from his lips.

“Jesus Christ, Jimin,” Yoongi pants into his neck, “You feel so fucking good baby, sound so good for me,” tightening his grip on Jimin’s thighs. Taking advantage of the height difference, Jimin grabs Yoongi by the neck and kisses him, messy and more teeth than anything but the desperation for more is all he can focus on.

Satisfaction courses through him as he feels Yoongi hardening in his pants, next to his own dick and the knowledge that he did that, he does that to Yoongi, makes him drunk from how good everything feels. Jimin muffles his groans into Yoongi’s neck, panting desperately against his milky skin as he continues to rut up against him. He could probably come like this, humping outside his school and he doesn’t even care.

“Smell so good, Jiminie,” he groans into Jimin’s neck, “I could just eat you up, Jesus, baby,”  

Jimin keens, hearing Yoongi’s raspy voice does things to him that it probably shouldn’t, “Oh god, please don’t stop,” he whines desperately, tightly gripping Yoongi's hair.

Yoongi curses before pulling Jimin into another kiss, wet and close to frantic. Yoongi’s hips press into Jimin perfectly, giving him just the right amount of friction to drive Jimin a little crazy.

He’s close.

“Fuck, Yoongi I—” he groans, muffling his sounds into Yoongi’s neck clutching his hair tightly, “I’m close, oh god—”

Just as he’s about to come, they both freeze at the loud boom behind them. Startled, Yoongi clutches Jimin closer to him protectively before turning his head to identify the source of the sound.

It all comes rushing back to Jimin. The fact that they’re outside the school; the fact that anyone could see them now, pressed against each other desperate and hard in their pants.

They both relax a little as they realize it's just the janitor.

He whines as Yoongi puts him down, still frustratingly hard and needy, but he’s pleased by the way Yoongi’s panting, clearly just as affected by their activities as Jimin is. They share a look and there’s a moment of silence before they both laugh.

He’s never been one to be so reckless before, but something about it, something about almost getting caught, makes his toes curl and dick twitch in his pants.

“Fuck, okay,” Yoongi breathes, more to himself than anything, “I need to get you home.”

Jimin nods absentmindedly, and the journey to his place is more quiet than normal. Jimin’s erection flags, just a little, but not nearly enough to not be noticeable.

As they park in front of Jimin’s house, he glances down to Yoongi’s crotch and sure enough, the material is tented. Pleasure curls in Jimin’s gut at the knowledge that he did that, he got Yoongi all hot and bothered.

“Goodnight, Jimin,” Yoongi says between clenched teeth, holding on to the steering wheel as if it’s his last hold on sanity.

Adrenaline rushing through his veins, Jimin leans over and whispers, “Goodnight, Yoongi,” up in his ear, letting his lips lightly brush past the skin at his neck. He presses a kiss there, chaste and not what he wants but it’ll do for now. He shoots a smirk over his shoulder before closing the truck door and giggles at the way Yoongi seems to be frozen where he sits.

He greets his mother quickly before running up to his room and locking the door.

That night is the first night he fucks himself in far too long, three fingers up his ass as he thinks about Yoongi; his long fingers drawing sinful noises from his lips instead of his own, his cock fucking him deep and hard. He thinks about what it would have been like, to have Yoongi turn him around in the parking lot, tug his pants down and fuck him there for everyone to see.

The thought of being reduced to a mess and getting fucked so hard he cries shoots fire through his veins. He wants everyone to know who fucks him so good. He wants everyone to see how crazy he makes Yoongi, how desperate they are for each other.

He comes at the thought of Yoongi marking him up, biting his neck and holding him so tight he bruises all over for days. His brain whites out, lips parted in a scream as he comes all over himself.

 

 

The next pack hangout happens a week after the parking lot incident. Jimin would love to say that their touching and nearly coming changed things, but it doesn’t.

They don’t have the time nor the privacy to do anything, but Jimin is surprisingly okay with it. He gets to spend time with Yoongi daily, that’s enough for now.

“Bonfire tonight,” Hoseok says as they change into their clean clothes.

Jimin shoves his dirty clothes in his backpack before turning, “Yeah? Alright, what time are you guys picking me up? Or are we going straight after the shop?”

“Hm, it’s up to you?” Hoseok shrugs, “It doesn’t matter, but do you have the right clothes?”

He’s cold every time he goes their bonfires no matter what he wears, he’s accepted that fact, but he doesn’t want to get his school stuff to start smelling like bonfire.

“I’ll get picked up then,” he decides after a moment, “I need to change and grab my stuff.”

Hoseok nods easily and they all pile into the Jeep. Strangely enough, Taehyung lets Jeongguk have the front seat without fuss. Jimin shoots Taehyung a curious look, noting the blush on his cheeks, but he just gets a shake of the head before he looks out into the distance.

Things are changing.

Jimin changes rather quickly and gets his homework done in record time. He makes sure to grab a jacket — Yoongi’s, to be precise — before running out to the Jeep and heading over to the beach.

The weather isn’t as cold as it was a couple of months ago, but Jimin still finds himself shivering before they even settle into their circle.

“Where’s Yoongi?” Jimin finds himself asking as he looks around and fails to find his boyfriend.

Namjoon laughs before looking behind him. Jimin follows his line of sight and he’s surprised to see Yoongi’s large, large wolf form emerge from the trees looking more than a little irritated.

“Why are you phased?” Jimin asks and watches as Yoongi snorts and rolls his eyes. If he were in his human form, Jimin’s certain he’d be pouting.

“He accidentally phased,” Namjoon explains, “Didn’t want to go back home to grab a new set of clothes.”

Jimin rolls his eyes. Typical of Yoongi, of course he’d rather stay in his wolf form rather than make the trip back home.

“I didn’t know you could accidentally phase,” Jimin mutters as Yoongi approaches, sitting just behind him.

Namjoon laughs, looking at Yoongi smirking, “It usually doesn’t happen often if you have good control over it,”

Yoongi grumbles, sounding more and more like a whining dog than anything before curling around Jimin and laying his head on Jimin’s lap.

Jimin can’t help but laugh, rubbing Yoongi’s ears as he consoles the grumbling wolf. The toll of the week hits Jimin like a freight train, hard and fast. It doesn’t take him long after the sun sets, for him to find his eyes drooping and his body leaning more and more into Yoongi.

He doesn’t know how much time passes but when he wakes up, it’s to a cold nose pressing into his cheek. Groggy, he cracks open an eye and notices that they’re alone, fire put out. Yoongi nudges him closer and it takes Jimin’s sleepy brain a second before he remembers Yoongi doing the same thing during their camping trip.

He climbs onto Yoongi’s back and loops his arms around Yoongi’s neck gently. No matter how many times this happens, Jimin will never get over how good it feels to have Yoongi beneath him like this. Too sleepy to truly appreciate it, he leans forward and rests his head on Yoongi as he makes his way back into town.

He’s about to ask whether or not it’s a good idea to walk through town as a giant wolf, but Yoongi seems to know the way through the forest. Jimin doesn’t pay enough attention, or he’s just half asleep and missing parts of the journey, but before he knows it they’re approaching his house.

Jimin’s window is wide open, thankfully. He likes the fresh air, makes his room feel a lot less stuffy, but it’s especially useful now. Yoongi looks back at Jimin. Nodding his head, he tightens his grip and braces himself for what he suspects comes next.

Just like the time with Taehyung, Jimin yelps as Yoongi launches himself into the air and somehow manages to make it through the open window. They land with a relatively soft thud, muted by the carpet.

“Stay,” Jimin mumbles sleepily as he gets off Yoongi’s back, weakly holding Yoongi’s thick fur.

Yoongi looks at him questionably before looking around the room and back at Jimin, clearly doubtful.

“It’s late, just stay up here,” he insists, “I’m going to go get ready for bed, you better still be here.”

He doesn’t wait for an acknowledgement before going into the bathroom and getting through his night routine at a remarkably fast speed. Just as Jimin had asked, Yoongi remains in the room, sitting in the middle, sticking out like a sore thumb amongst Jimin’s things.

It occurs to him, in that moment, that it’s Yoongi’s first time in his room. Jimin blushes self-consciously as he looks around and winces at the mess. His mom is always nagging him to be clean— alas, it doesn’t always work.

“Uh, sorry about the mess,” he offers shyly and fiddles around with stuff, awkwardly trying to put things away and make it look a bit more presentable.

He’s surprised by the nudge at his side, pushing him away from his stuff and closer to his bed. Jimin huffs and complains but Yoongi’s persistent, crowding him until the back of his knees hit his bed.

“Fine, but you’re joining me,” he pouts. Yoongi looks at the bed questioning but after a moment, ever so careful, climbs on. It’s funny, seeing Yoongi’s huge black form on his small bed. It’s not even that small, large enough to fit two people comfortably, but Yoongi easily takes up most of the space.

Jimin giggles at the sight but cuddles up against his form anyway. The way they settle reminds Jimin of their camping trip, the way Yoongi curled up around him and kept him warm, and Jimin can’t stop smiling.

“Goodnight, Yoongi,” he whispers, nuzzling into Yoongi’s neck.

Yoongi licks Jimin’s cheek, rumbling what sounds like a wolf approximation of a purr, and settles closer to his body.

It’s not long before Jimin falls asleep.

 

 

Jimin wakes up in much too early to a sticky note stuck to his forehead.

            You take up too much room in your sleep

            But you’re too cute to move

            You snore, though.

  • Yoongi

 

Jimin blushes before rolling over to muffle his squeal, both embarrassed and endeared, falling asleep, note still in hand.

 

 

“The fair is in town,” Jimin can hear Jin talking inside the shop as he walks in, “Do you wanna go with us?”

Jimin stifles a giggle at the groan Hoseok lets out, “And be the awkward third wheel? No, I think I’m good.”

Taehyung and Jeongguk laugh along with Jimin as Jin pouts before shrugging and Namjoon drags him off.

“What kind of fair is it? Like, one of those carnival ones?” Jimin asks as soon as they leave, looking over to Taehyung excitedly.

“Yeah, they go every year,” he shrugs, “It’s cute, I guess.”

“Oh,” he whispers before looking out the front door, where he can see the two get into the Jeep and drive off.

Being from a city, there’s rarely any fairs. There’s not enough space for them to set up shop, and all of the amusement parks around tend to outshine any ride that they could set up. He’s always seen them in the movies, though— cute dates with food that’s too expensive and games that are too difficult to realistically win anything.

Before he can say anything else, Taehyung drags him off to the house, claiming to have a new game he wants to try out.

They play in the den for a while, snacking on chips as they get more into the game, but eventually the sun starts to set and Yoongi is offering Jimin a ride home, as he usually does.

Grinning, Jimin bids Taehyung goodbye before jogging over to the truck.

“Thanks, Yoongi,” he says as he leans over and gives his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. He loves the way that Yoongi blushes, grumbling something under his breath before taking off.

“How was your day?” Yoongi asks after a moment, looking over at Jimin curiously.

“It was alright,” Jimin shrugs, “School, homework, the usual. We’re working on the choreo for the graduation performance and it’s kicking my ass, but I’ll get it down soon.”

Yoongi smiles before grabbing his hand and squeezing, “Of course you will, Minnie. You’re the best dancer they’ve got.”

Jimin can’t fight the blush that explodes on his face, both pleased and embarrassed at the same time, “Ah, you’re so cheesy,” he complains but smiles anyway, squeezing Yoongi’s hand back.

“You like it, don’t complain,” Yoongi quips before he smiles back.

They arrive at his house too quickly, as per usual, and Jimin turns his body to face Yoongi. He laces their hands together before fiddling with Yoongi’s long fingers. Their hands fit together so well, considering the size difference, but Jimin loves the way that Yoongi’s hands can wrap around his easily. If he was a cheesy person, he’d say they fit perfectly together, but he’s not.

He really isn’t.

“Let’s go out on Saturday,” Yoongi says out of the blue, startling Jimin.

He looks up curiously, “Like, on a date?”

Yoongi nods before looking over at Jimin, “Yeah.”

Jimin feels like he might burst with happiness. Grinning from ear to ear, he leans forward and presses their lips together.

“Okay,” he whispers before pulling Yoongi into another kiss. It’s slow, a tender and sweet kiss as Jimin cups Yoongi’s cheek. He rubs his thumb over Yoongi’s soft skin as he hums happily, completely content to stay where he is for as long as possible.

Jimin loses track of time, pressing kiss after kiss to Yoongi’s lips and enjoying the small sighs he emits.

“Your mom is going to be wondering where you are,” Yoongi mumbles in between kisses, but unlike his words suggest, he brings a hand up to the back of Jimin’s head. He holds Jimin there, gentle but firm, as the kiss deepens. Yoongi licks into Jimin’s mouth and threads his fingers through Jimin’s hair.

Jimin loses himself in the kiss, drowning in Yoongi, his smell, his taste, and craves more. Yoongi’s grip tightens on his hair, pulling just a little, and arousal shoots through Jimin.  His eyes widen in shock, mouth dropping with a loud whine and he presses further into Yoongi’s hand, following his hand for more.

“Fuck, baby,” Yoongi whispers before trailing his nose down Jimin’s neck, “You like that? You like getting your hair pulled?”

Jimin can’t breathe, let alone speak with how tight everything feels, how the dull sting at the back of his head has a straight line to his dick, making him twitch in his pants embarrassingly. He squeezes his eyes shut and tries to fight the blush blooming on his cheeks, but Yoongi doesn’t give him much of a chance to calm down.

The constant press of kisses up and down his neck keeps Jimin on edge, but Yoongi doesn’t do anything else. He can hear Yoongi breathing harshly in his ear, but he just keeps licking and sucking at Jimin’s neck until he’s taking his fingers out of hair and smoothing it down.

“Go inside, your mother is waiting for you,” he whispers, pressing one final kiss to Jimin’s hand and leaning back, separating them for good.

Jimin groans in frustration, pouting at Yoongi as he straightens and pulls his large sweater down. One day, he’s going to get Yoongi alone and he will manage to go further with him. He’s tired of blue-balls and he knows that Yoongi probably is too.

Jimin’s only obstacle is talking Yoongi into it.

 

 

That Saturday morning, Jimin runs around frantically trying to get ready. Spending the whole day with Yoongi, and just him, excites Jimin to no end. But beyond that, it also makes butterflies settle in his tummy.  He wants to look good, he wants to impress Yoongi more than anything but he also doesn’t want to look like he tried too hard. Ergo, his conundrum.

Deciding on his favorite ripped jeans, he throws them on with his large red sweater. He runs his hands through his fluffy hair just as his phone vibrates and he runs outside.

Yoongi, true to his word, is outside, leaning up against the truck door. He looks good. Fuck, he looks really good in the tight skinny jeans and black leather jacket. It should be illegal to look as good as he does.

Jimin runs right up to Yoongi and envelops him in a hug, tucking his head into Yoongi’s neck. He feels rather than hears Yoongi’s rumbling laugh in his chest, but he wraps his arms around Jimin anyway so he counts it as a win.

“Good morning, Yoongi,” he greets with a smile after he straightens.

Yoongi smiles back and presses a soft kiss to his lips before pulling away and opening the door for Jimin. Giggling happily, Jimin jumps in and buckles himself in as Yoongi makes his way around and into the car.

The drive is shorter than Jimin thought, making Jimin question where they’re going. Yoongi stays mysteriously quiet the whole ride, but just as they make it past the town limits, Jimin sees the decorations. The fair set up just on the outskirts of town, and Jimin practically vibrates in his seat as they drive up.

“We’re going to the fair?” Jimin asks unnecessarily, grinning widely as Yoongi pulls into the parking lot.

Yoongi smiles back at Jimin before nodding, “Figured it could be fun? Joonie goes every year with Jin, thought you might like it?”

Jimin leans over and kisses Yoongi, trying his best to remove the hesitation from his voice, “Let’s go,” he says as he pulls away and jumps out of the truck eagerly.

The fair itself isn’t that big, but Jimin’s eyes widen as they walk around, looking through the booths and what rides are set up. He wants to do everything, get on every ride, play every game, and eat all the food. He runs around excitedly, pointing at things he likes and demanding to do as many of the boothed games as possible even if they are rigged, so Jimin doesn’t notice it at first. But after the third time their hands brush, Jimin grabs Yoongi’s warm hand in his own before smiling and leaning up against Yoongi.

He insists on riding each ride, dragging Yoongi along. There’s only four rides set up, but each one scares and excites him. It takes him a moment to decide which ride to start off on, ‘Round Up’, ‘The Viking’, the drop tower thing, or the ferris wheel, but in the end, he decides on the most nauseating one first.

“What kind of name is Round Up anyway?” Yoongi grumbles as he looks at the ride dubiously. To his credit, the ride looks scary, dizzying for sure, but Jimin is too determined to let fear get in the way. There are safety precautions put in place for a reason.

By the time they get in, Jimin has to wipe the sweat off his palms as he gets into his slot besides Yoongi.

“If I throw up, I blame you, Park Jimin,” Yoongi mumbles besides him. There aren’t any belts locking them in, just bars for riders to hold on to as the platform spins them around so fast they stick to the walls.

It’s not as bad as Jimin thought it would be.

He walks off dizzy, unable to walk straight without Yoongi’s guiding hand at the base of his spine. He grumbles about stupid werewolf powers under his breath before he sees the dropping ride.

As they wait in line, he keeps his nose in Yoongi’s neck, taking the wait time to regulate his heart and sneak in some cuddles at the same time. The wait time is shorter than he expected but he talks Yoongi into holding his hand throughout the ride, squeezing his hand as it picked them up and dropped them randomly. A bright smile fixes itself in his face as he screams happily, loving the way he flies off his seat a little.

No matter how much Yoongi denies it, Jimin saw him smiling as they got off the ride. Yoongi buys them corn dogs and they eat as they watch the clown show entertain kids.

Even though Jimin doesn’t like all of the rides, he goes on them all, and at the end of the day when the sun has set, they ride the ferris wheel.

“C’mon,” Jimin wheedles as he leads the way to the ferris wheel line, “Last ride of the night.”

As they make their way up to the top, Jimin’s heart starts to flutter. The view is beautiful yes, but the way the lights of the fair dance across Yoongi’s face looks so much prettier. Yoongi turns to look at Jimin and their eyes lock and Jimin swears he can see into Yoongi’s soul.

“Yoongi,” he whispers. He doesn’t know who moves first, he didn’t even feel himself leaning forward, but their lips touch and Jimin feels at peace as he breathes Yoongi in. He feels too much; too hot, too close to something he doesn’t understand, too vulnerable, but he gets closer anyway. He can hear blood pumping in his ears, blocking out everything around him that isn’t Yoongi, pulling him in deeper into their moment.

Their lips part slowly, so slowly, as the gondola moves jolting them out of their moment. They don’t separate all the way, though— Yoongi’s palm is still holding Jimin’s cheek, and they stare at each other for a moment or two. There’s an emotion shining in Yoongi’s eyes, intense but welcoming, drawing Jimin in.

Jimin curls into Yoongi, nuzzling into Yoongi’s neck as he’s pulled in closer, legs thrown over Yoongi’s lap as the wheel turns. It’s nice, sitting in the gondola, watching as they separate from the rest of the world, if only for a little while. Yoongi’s warmth and smell makes him feel comfortable and safe; he doesn’t want to move, ever.

Much too soon, though, the ride ends and they’re being escorted out. Jimin grins as Yoongi laces their hands together— Yoongi’s touch never fails to make him feel special. They share a happy look before Jimin drags them off to the game booths.

“I saw a stuffed animal earlier, I’m going to try to get it,” he explains as he leads the way. He hears Yoongi grumbling about something, but he lets himself be dragged so he can’t be actually bugged.

Jimin spots the toy he wanted and snickers as he sees the black wolf. It reminds him of Yoongi— he needs it.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” he hears Yoongi mutter, but he just ignores the grumpy shifter in favor of giving the booth worker the tickets in exchange for the three balls. Looking at the bottle structure, he squints and throws the first ball hoping to at least hit one of the bottom bottles.

It doesn’t work.

Groaning, he shakes himself off and tries again. This time he manages to hit his target, but the bottle doesn’t even move, remaining firmly in place. His mouth pulls down in a frown before he launches the last ball as hard as he can in hopes to tip over at least one.

Disappointment floods him as he sees himself fail, but before he can take Yoongi and walk away, he hears Yoongi ask for another turn. Jimin watches with wide eyes as he hands over the required tickets. There’s a determined look on his face, and the first try, unsurprisingly doesn’t make anything move. He hits the bottle in the center, but the ball just bounces away like it’s nothing.

Jimin hears the booth worker encourage Yoongi, but he doesn’t look worried at all. If anything, the small smirk playing at his lips solidifies as he throws the second ball with greater force. Jimin watches with bated breath as the whole structure wobbles, close to falling, but stays intact.

Unlike he expects, Yoongi straightens and smiles at Jimin before throwing the last ball with what looks like no effort. Jimin’s jaw drops as the bottles not only fall over, but they land on the ground and crack. He must have been gauging how hard he needed to throw it without looking strange.

Jimin’s not even mad he technically cheated.

“Congratulations!” The booth worker exclaims unenthusiastically, “Which prize would you like?”

Yoongi looks at Jimin and motions for him to pick with his eyes. Jimin grins with a slight blush before pointing to the wolf. As soon as he gets it, he clutches it to his chest and giggles before rubbing his face against it.

As they’re walking away, Jimin whispers, “Your fur is softer, don’t worry.”

 

 

That night, when Yoongi drops him off at home, Jimin asks if he wants to come in.

“We can watch a movie or something?” He asks nervously, looking down at his hands before chancing a glance back up and smiling.

Yoongi agrees easily, smiling before walking in behind Jimin.

“This is uh, it?” Jimin says as he gestures to the living room and kitchen, “The bedrooms are upstairs.”

Yoongi chuckles before ruffling Jimin’s hair, “I’ve been in here before,” he reminds Jimin.

“Oh right, forgot about that,” he mutters before laughing awkwardly and offering Yoongi a glass of water. They shuffle around a bit, awkwardly unsure as to what to do next. He’s never had a boy over at his house. Jimin has no idea what he should be doing, he’s done what his mother taught him in terms of being a good host, but that’s as far as he knows.

“So, uh—” Yoongi interrupts, “Movie?”

Jimin springs into action, “Right!” he exclaims before grabbing Yoongi’s wrist and leading him up to his room, “I can hook up my laptop to the TV here, if you don’t mind? The TV downstairs is older and doesn’t have the port and—”

“That’s fine,” Yoongi assures him, cutting off his rambling quickly. Jimin nods quickly before scrambling to get his laptop and hooking it up. They decide on some comedy movie Jimin hasn’t seen before but heard great things about.

“You haven’t seen ‘We’re the Millers’?” Yoongi asks, looking at Jimin as if he’s grown a second head.

Jimin looks around as he chuckles, “I haven’t had the time?”

Yoongi rolls his eyes before taking his jacket and shoes off, laying them by Jimin’s desk before he settles into the bed. The memory of Yoongi as a wolf comes to mind, and Jimin giggles as he sees Yoongi relax in the same way. He stretches himself out comfortably, looking hilariously like a cat, before going limp and burying his head in Jimin’s pillow.

“What?” He asks without taking his face out of the pillow. Jimin laughs a little more before shaking his head and pressing play. He makes himself comfortable next to Yoongi, rearranging themselves so that he’s using Yoongi’s arm as a pillow.

Jimin laughs and laughs, wiping tears from his face as the movie continues. They point out parts that they love, wincing at the boys unfortunate spider incident, and arguing over whether or not the method would have actually worked in real life.

The film ends with Jimin curled around Yoongi, comfortable and unwilling to move.

“Another movie?” He offers as the credits roll and gets up to move as soon as Yoongi grunts in affirmative.

They choose whatever Netflix recommends next and Jimin feels himself lose interest in the first five minutes, more interested in the way Yoongi’s chest rises and falls under his head. Jimin traces small endless shapes on his chest absentmindedly listening to the film and enjoying Yoongi’s presence.

He doesn’t pay attention to the movie, not really, but he does notice the change in Yoongi’s previously relaxed demeanor. He turns his head to look at the screen and blushes as he watches some intense car make out scene. It reminds him of when Yoongi had Jimin pressed against his truck, outside the school, and how that night, he went home and fucked himself on the very bed they’re lying on.

Jimin hides his face in the crook of Yoongi’s neck. What would Yoongi do if he knew? Could he smell it?

The hand on Jimin’s thigh tightens its grip and Jimin swallows down the whine that bubbles in his throat. He shouldn’t be getting hard from this, from almost sitting on Yoongi’s lap and just thinking about being touched.

Yoongi inhales sharply, burying his nose in Jimin’s hair. The shudder that goes through Yoongi makes Jimin think that maybe he’s not the only one affected. Yoongi seems like he’s just as influenced by their situation as Jimin is.

“Jimin,” he hears the gruff warning in his voice and the tone sends a shiver down Jimin’s spine. He turns his head, just enough so that his lips can reach Yoongi’s collarbones and presses his lips to the skin. He waits for a response, anything telling him to stop, but instead Yoongi’s free hand tangles in his hair.

Taking that as encouragement, Jimin presses more kisses, shifting closer to trail his nose up and down Yoongi’s neck between kisses, “You smell really good,” he whispers before pressing short open mouthed kisses to the pale skin, worrying it between his lips. The way the fingers in Jimin’s hair tighten and relax as he works Yoongi’s neck sets a fire in his gut.

Yoongi groans and tightens his grip on Jimin’s hair and he can’t swallow down his whines against Yoongi’s neck, biting down before pulling away and kissing Yoongi on the lips. Humming into the kiss, he relaxes as their lips touch over and over again.

The angle gets uncomfortable soon enough and Jimin, in a burst of confidence, shifts before plopping himself down on Yoongi’s lap. They both groan at the contact, the new pressure making Jimin’s toes curl with anticipation. Yoongi’s hands go to his hips almost immediately, gripping him firmly as he traces circles around Jimin’s skin.

Yoongi leans up into him, prying his lips apart and licking his way into Jimin’s mouth. There’s something different about these kisses, about the way Yoongi make his nerves sing with the attention. There’s feeling behind it, a tenderness that lies beneath the heat that threatens to consume Jimin whole.

Jimin can feel Yoongi in his pants, hardening as the moments pass, and he squirms, dying to get him where he wants. He wants to feel Yoongi, all of him, everywhere. He wants to be skin to skin, to learn the spots that make him groan and whine. He wants to be open and in tune with each breath Yoongi takes.

The next roll of Jimin’s hips aligns them perfectly, drawing a soft hiss of pleasure from his lips, rubbing his dick against Yoongi’s stomach while pressing himself down on Yoongi. It feels so good to have Yoongi's dick against his ass, so close but not close enough.

“Fuck, Jimin,” he groans before his hands help guide Jimin into a good pace, rocking him back and forth on Yoongi’s lap. Jimin's mind goes fuzzy with how good it feels, drowning in the heat surrounding him and the sensation of firm hands guiding him the way Yoongi wants.

Deepening the kiss, Jimin tugs at Yoongi’s shirt impatiently. He wants access to his skin, wants to feel it warm and reassuring under his palms. Yoongi gets the message, breaking apart quickly to take his shirt off. Jimin barely has enough time to appreciate Yoongi’s bare chest before he tugs off Jimin’s shirt, their chests both heaving as they breathe.

“Oh my god,” Yoongi groans before leaning forward and pressing hot, open-mouthed kisses to Jimin’s neck, “You’re so beautiful, baby.”

Jimin groans, heat shooting through him as he hears the praise falling from Yoongi’s lips. He’s a greedy little thing, loving the way Yoongi’s words wash over him; how Yoongi makes him feel pretty and deserving of the praise. Jimin just wants to be good. He wants more, wants to drown in Yoongi.

Jimin lets Yoongi kiss him however he wants as he runs his hands all over his smooth skin, familiarizing himself with the way it feels beneath his palms. He presses himself closer, skin on bare skin, and can’t help the small whimper that falls from his lips from the contact. Waves of contentment surge through him as his hands skim over Yoongi’s beautiful skin. It feels right.

The contact isn’t much but then again, it doesn’t take a lot from Yoongi to completely overwhelm him. Jimin can’t help the instinctual need to be closer to Yoongi. His brain is almost hazy except for the incessant desire for more. He wants to burrow into Yoongi’s warmth and never leave.  

Yoongi isn’t built like Jeongguk, massive muscles everywhere, but Jimin can feel the strength that lies underneath. He can feel the reassurance that lies beneath the tense limbs. His mouth goes dry as he feels Yoongi’s steady hands direct his hips however he pleases, driving Jimin practically insane with how good it feels while at the same time craving more.

“Yoongi,” he whines, “more, p-please, I need more.”

Yoongi groans and his hands move, trailing up and down his sides before grabbing him by his ass and squeezing, “I feel so special, baby, letting me touch you like this, letting me make you feel good.”

Jimin buries his face in Yoongi’s neck as he almost squeals in pleasure, grinding down on Yoongi’s erection overwhelmed by his words. He wants to earn his praise, he wants to hear Yoongi tell him over and over how much Jimin makes him feel. But Yoongi is wrong.

He’s not special, Yoongi’s the special one. Jimin feels more than words can describe, beyond grateful that Yoongi chose him and continues to let him in. He’s the one who gets to see Yoongi like this, who gets to touch Yoongi, to make him feel good. He’s the one that gets to be close to Yoongi.

Impatient, he busies himself with unbuttoning their pants, eager to have them all naked and touching. He thinks he can vaguely hear Yoongi huff a small laugh, but he helps Jimin anyway. Jimin moves around, ridding himself of his pants and underwear all in one go before helping Yoongi relieve himself of his own.

He takes a second to appreciate Yoongi, the perfectly unblemished skin glowing in the light and a surge of possessiveness courses through Jimin. This man chose him. Even now, completely naked and bare, Jimin doesn’t feel the need to hide anything. He wants to give Yoongi whatever he wants to take. He just wants to be closer, touching him, feel his hot body pressed up against Jimin’s.

Jimin climbs back on Yoongi’s lap, cupping his jaw as he leads them both into a searing kiss. Yoongi’s large hands run over Jimin’s upper thighs, caressing his skin as they work their way over his body. The yearning in the touch threatens to overwhelm Jimin.

“Yoongi, please,” he whines before reaching to dig into his bedside table and press the half empty bottle of lube to Yoongi’s hands. He’s not going to last much longer.

“So impatient for me,” Yoongi groans, wrapping an arm around Jimin’s waist as he sucks another hickey to his neck. Jimin keens, pressing himself down further and panting, pleading with his body for more. It doesn’t take Yoongi long to press a wet finger to his entrance, slow and a bit too careful for Jimin’s tastes.

He whines and presses back down into the finger, trying to get Yoongi in faster, deeper, but Yoongi holds him carefully with his free hand, “Careful, baby, I can’t have you hurting yourself,” he whispers as he presses kisses up Jimin’s neck and all over his face Jimin’s neck and all over his face.

“God, Yoongi, fuck, just give me another one,” he complains, kissing whatever part of Yoongi he can reach. He just wants Yoongi’s cock in him, he wants that final piece to quell the fire in his veins.

It takes Yoongi a minute, but eventually, Jimin feels another wet finger alongside the first, pressing in carefully. It’s a stretch but Jimin moans as it enters, loving the pressure and tries to fuck himself back onto the two of them. Unfortunately, Yoongi’s grip stays strong around his hips, keeping him in place as he stretches Jimin open, scissoring his fingers apart to make room for the third.

Jimin focuses on Yoongi’s lips, kissing him until he can’t feel his lips anymore. Each touch, each stroke that Yoongi gives him consumes his brain with how much he feels. He wants to worship Yoongi the way he deserves, he wants to make Yoongi feel good.

Jimin is so hard he can see his dick drooling between their stomachs, bright pink and aching for attention. He’s hilariously close, just from being fingered, and the fear that he could come just from this becomes a real possibility. He doesn’t want it to end so soon, he wants to draw this out, keep the fire brewing between them for as long as he can manage.

“Yoongi, get in me, please” he whispers as he nips Yoongi’s neck, tasting the salty skin. His grip on Jimin’s hip spasms, tightening for a second before relaxing as he groans at Jimin’s words.

“So needy, baby,” he teases, but his tone gives his own dwindling calm demeanor away. He continues to caress Jimin’s walls, coaxing all kinds of sighs and whimpers from Jimin’s lips as he traces absent minded circles into his hip with his other hand. It’s such a contrast, Yoongi’s fingers soothing on his hips while his other hand works, slowly divesting Jimin of rational thought.

He grips Yoongi’s hair tightly as he sits there and fights his orgasm down. He wants to come with Yoongi in him, he wants them connected.

It takes him longer than it should, but Yoongi eventually pulls out his fingers, leaving Jimin feeling horribly empty. He whines in complaint but Yoongi just shushes him with a soft kiss to his lips.

“Do you have condoms?” He asks and Jimin groans, not wanting to move but he needs to. Separating, Jimin digs quickly for a condom before ripping it open and sliding it on Yoongi’s hard length. Yoongi moans deliciously as Jimin slides it on, shuddering just a little before he nudges Jimin’s hand away and pulls him in closer.

“You’re sure about this, right?” Yoongi double checks as Jimin props himself up. Jimin just smiles and kisses him reassuringly before he lines them both up. They share a smile before he eases his way down, taking Yoongi in, inch by inch.

Pure ecstasy shoots through him as he slides down. Arms tightly wrapped around Yoongi’s shoulders, Jimin squeezes his eyes shut, keeping his face pressed against Yoongi’s hair as he takes more. He feels every inch in his core, delicious and perfect. Nothing could ever compare to this. It doesn’t even hurt, not a sign of discomfort— but rather, longing crashes through him in waves. Yearning and passion mixing together all over his body as he trembles on Yoongi’s lap.

Jimin is panting hard by the time his bare ass rests against Yoongi’s thighs. He hasn’t been filled up like this in so long, it feels amazing, but doesn’t remove the fact that he needs a moment or two to get accustomed to being so full. The sheer intimacy that he feels blows him away— he wants to treasure this, hide it away in his heart to keep it with him always.

“Ah, Yoongi,” he groans, voice breaking of into a whine as he wraps his arms around Yoongi’s neck and presses their foreheads together, “You feel so good, oh god. It’s perfect.”

A moan falls from Yoongi’s lips, fingers twitching sporadically against Jimin’s hips as he tries to draw him even closer. Slick chests pressed together, Jimin’s thighs surround Yoongi’s slim waist, keeping them connected in the most intimate of ways.

There’s not a single part of Jimin that isn’t touching Yoongi, but he feels like he needs more. He wants to breathe Yoongi in, taste him on his lips, feel him for days.

“You’re the perfect one, baby. God, I wanna bury myself in you and never fucking leave,” he growls, voice a deep rumble originating in his chest as he holds Jimin up against him. His palms against Jimin’s sweaty back press them so close they breathe together, Yoongi’s sinful lips kissing all over the skin he can reach. Jimin can feel everything; every sigh, every groan and shiver sending Jimin deeper into the warmth that’s making a home in his chest.

He takes a deep breath, skimming his lips over Yoongi’s cheek before slowly lifting himself up and rocking down. Pleasure courses through his spine, a low moan spilling past his lips as he moves, undulating his hips back and forth, following the rhythm Yoongi’s hands set on his hips.

“Fuck, baby, you’re doing so well, so good for me,” Yoongi whispers and Jimin clenches his jaw, shivering at the words before hiding his face in Yoongi’s shoulder.

“You like that, baby?” He hears Yoongi whisper as he quickens the pace just enough to stoke the fire in his belly, “You like hearing how pretty you are for me? How gorgeous you look on my cock?”

Jimin whimpers in response, nodding his head blindly before he tries to fuck himself faster on Yoongi’s cock.  

“No, no, baby,” Yoongi chastises, “What did I say earlier? Don’t be greedy.”

Jimin whines in complaint but he can’t do anything else. He’s strangely turned on by the fact that he can’t move, that Yoongi’s calling all the shots, but he also wants more. Jimin wants to give himself over to Yoongi, but he wants Yoongi to give himself over to the pleasure too. He wants Yoongi to let himself loose. He wants Yoongi to let go of whatever is holding him back, and let them truly be together.

The pace Yoongi sets is slow enough to make Jimin feel like he’s slowly losing his mind in the best ways possible. With each roll of his hips, Yoongi manages to hit Jimin in all the right places without moving them too much. He keeps his face close to Yoongi’s, needing to be close.

Yoongi is everywhere, and Jimin can’t help but breathe him in, tasting him on his lips. It’s enough to make his brain fog over with pleasure.

It doesn’t take long before Jimin’s body trembles, succumbing to the fierce emotions swelling in him. He feels raw and open, bare for Yoongi to take whatever he wants from him, filling the emptiness with pieces of himself. He can’t take his face out of Yoongi’s neck, emotion bubbling in his chest as they rock together, ever so slowly.

Yoongi is breaking Jimin apart and putting him back together.

Jimin babbles incoherently the closer he gets, begging Yoongi for more even though he doesn’t cave, not even a little. Jimin takes advantage of Yoongi's exposed neck, needing something to do with his mouth that isn't mindless begging. He can feel his dick twitch as he thinks about what he must look like, fucking himself on Yoongi’s cock and asking for more.

The embarrassment of how much he's been pleading and how easily Yoongi takes him apart makes Jimin blush with how desperate he feels, makes him feel tingly with how hot it gets him.

Yoongi’s hands squeeze around Jimin’s hips, pulling him down a little rougher and what sounds almost like a growl rumbles in his chest, “Fuck, baby, I’m close.”

Jimin can feel the way Yoongi’s muscles tighten in anticipation, the way he restrains himself but before he can say anything, there’s a hand around his cock and his brain whites out. His fingers tighten around Yoongi’s hair and his toes curl with the force of his orgasm, back arching as he fucks into the hand around his dick and back onto Yoongi’s cock. He works Jimin through his climax perfectly, whispering things in his ear between kissing his neck and rubbing his back wonderfully. Tears threaten to spill from Jimin’s eyes as the strength of his feelings rushes through him in waves.

Just as his brain is clearing from the force of his orgasm, he feels Yoongi pull out, rip the condom off himself, and come all over his ass with a loud groan muffled by Jimin’s neck. A whine escapes his lips as he feels Yoongi’s come cover his back, soothing the heat curling there beautifully. He wants to feel it inside, but he’ll settle for it marking his skin, his ass, as Yoongi’s.

Either way, he still belongs to Yoongi.

They sit there, trying to catch their breath as they nuzzle and enjoy the afterglow. Small shivers tremble through Jimin, still recovering from the massive overload of feelings but Yoongi holds him through it, gently soothing however he can. It’s so soft, so delicate and caring that Jimin hides his face, fearing that Yoongi can see just how far gone he is.

Jimin can feel his eyes drooping the longer stay there, tired and sated on Yoongi’s lap, but he doesn’t want to move. Even though sweat and come cools on his skin uncomfortably, he’s not ready to separate himself from Yoongi.

“Stay,” he whispers after Yoongi cleans him up, gently and in between soft kisses that make him giggle like a small child. He’s too sleepy to care, all he wants is Yoongi. He wants to bury himself under his skin and never leave.

“Of course, I’m not going anywhere,” Yoongi whispers as he tucks them both into Jimin’s bed and pulls him in closer.

Jimin dreams of Yoongi and forests, calm and feeling complete.

 

Chapter 6

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Sex is good, Jimin will be the first to admit it. His first time was awkward and fumbling, not enough lube and then too much, but all in all, it wasn’t horrible. Sex with Yoongi, though—that’s a whole different story. It’s so overwhelming, that even with the memory of their previous night, Yoongi touching him everywhere, practically worshiping in nature, he still feels the need to be closer.

He’s never felt like this before.

Every cell in Jimin’s body craves Yoongi, his chest aches with the thought of being together so intimately. Yoongi has control over Jimin in a way that he himself doesn’t really understand. He wants everything with Yoongi. Jimin wants Yoongi to be happy always, but when he’s sad, Jimin wants to stay by his side. He wants to share everything in his life with Yoongi, be it the good or the bad times.

Just being with Yoongi, just being around him makes Jimin like he’s never going to need anything else in his life.

Even more, though, he wants Yoongi to feel the same.

Jimin knows that Yoongi is holding himself back, controlling himself with each movement and Jimin has no idea how to talk about it with Yoongi. He wants Yoongi to let himself go. He wants to hollow himself out and let Yoongi burrow in, but to do that Yoongi needs to trust him. He wants Yoongi to let loose, stop thinking so much and just let himself feel. But more than anything, Jimin just wants Yoongi to be himself. Jimin wants to know every side of Yoongi, needs him to know that Jimin accepts every part of him. There is no reason to hold himself back for Jimin's sake.

The sex was so good already, so intimate and so hot Jimin can’t imagine it being any better, feeling more intense than it did. Jimin wants Yoongi to give him everything, wants Yoongi to make him cry with how good Jimin feels. He wants Yoongi to lose himself in him, removing the last bit of distance between them.

Everything feels right with Yoongi— perfect, even. Waking up in Yoongi’s arms is the best feeling in the world, comfortable and warm with the dull ache at the base of his spine reminding him of their past activities. Jimin doesn’t want to move, he wants to bask in the glow of their coupling, no matter how much his bladder demands to be relieved.

“Go, you’re squirming too much,” Yoongi grumbles sleepily while nudging Jimin out of the bed gently.

Jimin groans in complaint but rolls out of the bed before trudging over to the bathroom. His stride stutters a little as he gets used to the pleasant twinge that shoots through him at every movement. He’s quick to relieve himself and brush his teeth, but he takes a moment to admire his reflection.

Jesus— he looks like he’s been mauled in the best way possible. Hair sticking up every which way, his skin practically glowing in the morning light. There’s a beautiful chain of hickeys adorning his neck, marking the trail that Yoongi’s lips took, making him smile blissfully. He knows there’s no way of hiding them, but honestly, he doesn’t want to. He wants to show them off, show everyone that he’s happily taken.

Slowly, he lets his fingers trace the red skin, gentle and teasing as he appreciates the marks. He keeps his touch light before he bites his bottom lip, pressing down on the bruises just enough to send a satisfied thrill down his spine.

He leaves his neck alone in favor of splashing his face with water, hoping to wake up and reduce the puffiness around his eyes. Throwing one last pleased glance at his reflection, he returns to the bed with a smile on his face and snuggles back in. Yoongi groans a little, keeping his eyes shut as he rolls over and nuzzles into Jimin’s neck, making the skin tingle with the attention. Endeared with the action, Jimin wraps an arm around Yoongi and kisses his hair as he goes limp in his hold with a happy hum.

He skims a finger over Yoongi’s soft skin, absentmindedly tracing shapes into the space between his hips and his ribs. His skin is warm to the touch, beautifully pale while his hair is pitch black, creating a contrast that reminds Jimin of Snow White; skin white as snow, lips red as blood, and hair black as ebony.

As his finger travels further up, past his bicep, and over his shoulder, Jimin notices the faint traces of color on his skin. Curiosity piqued, Jimin raises onto an elbow and leans over to get a better view. Sure enough, there on Yoongi’s right shoulder, is what appears to be a tattoo.

“You have a tattoo?” Jimin asks, eyes tracing the black lines on his shoulder. Ever so slowly, he lets his finger trace the outlined circles overlapping on his shoulders in a diamond shape. It reminds him vaguely of a venn diagram, overlapping and forming a beautiful flower in the center

“Hm?” Yoongi groans before opening his eyes and looking at Jimin, “Oh, that’s not a tattoo. It’s our pack symbol. When accepted by Namjoon, this symbol shows up. It’s cheesy or whatever but Hoseok calls it proof that we never walk alone.”

Jimin makes an acknowledging sound as he traces his fingers over the circles. The marks are beautiful. Lines vary in the design, thickening and thinning out as they intertwine with each other to make the interlocked design look so much more ethereal.

“Do all of you have it?” He asks as he continues to trace it. It looks beautiful on Yoongi’s pale skin, lines crisp and sharp moving as his skin as he breathes.

“Yeah,” Yoongi confirms before throwing an arm back over Jimin waist. He pushes Jimin back onto the bed before laying himself half on top. Jimin huffs a laugh as they rearrange, amused with Yoongi’s tendency to cuddle and sleep. He should be a koala rather than a wolf.

Yoongi ignores him in favor of laying his head in the crook of Jimin’s neck, taking in long breaths as he throws his leg over Jimin and makes himself comfortable.

“Sleep, Jimin.”

 

 

“Tae, I have an important question to ask,” Jimin starts, doing his best to hold on to the courage he can muster, “I need you to tell me how to break a werewolf.”

Taehyung looks over from his computer, both confused and weary, “What?

Blushing, Jimin looks over to their Music Composition teacher before looking back at Taehyung, “How do I break Yoongi? Break his resolve— restraint, whatever you wanna call it.”

It takes Taehyung a second, but as soon as he processes what Jimin is asking, Taehyung’s face contorts into one of disgust as he whines and covers his ears, “Please Jimin, things I don’t need to know about. Please. Don’t do this to me.”

Jimin sighs, “C’mon, please?” He wheedles Taehyung, desperate for help. It’s not that he’s not embarrassed— he is, but he can’t do it alone and honestly, Taehyung is the only one he’s comfortable asking.

Taehyung glares at his computer screen, but Jimin knows that he’s not actually doing anything with the way he keeps on clicking from tab to tab. It’s a lot to ask, he knows that. Taehyung has been nothing but supportive and everything. Asking is probably too much, but he can’t think of a better way to get to Yoongi with any kind of success, than without the help of another werewolf.

Jimin stares at Taehyung with a hopeful look on his face, eyes wide and eyebrows turned up in the hopes that it’ll break him down.

When Taehyung sighs, long-suffering and dramatic, Jimin knows he’s succeeded.

“Okay, fine,” he says after a moment, “But if I have to know these details, tell me the good stuff too.”

Jimin laughs as he rolls his eyes and turns back to his own screen, “Deal.”

After school, Taehyung and Jimin end up in Jimin’s bedroom rather than at the shop.

“Alright, now how can Sex Expert Kim Taehyung be of service,” Taehyung drawls as he sprawls himself on Jimin’s desk chair, pretending to be some sort of professional.

Jimin rolls his eyes and lies on his bed, playing along with whatever Taehyung has in mind, “Um, well, I mean, so, Yoongi and I, uh, went all the way, the other day—” he cuts himself off to clear his throat, actively trying not to think about it while Taehyung could probably smell his possible arousal and stares at the ceiling resolutely, “and well, I noticed that he was very, reserved? And well, I’d, uh, rather he not be?”

He hears Taehyung hum and Jimin turns his head just in time to see him wrinkle his nose before clearing his throat, “You’re trying to make him lose control then?”

A hot blush explodes on Jimin’s face as he throws an arm over to cover his eyes. He asked for this, he has to remind himself. Taehyung could possibly help him out.

Jimin makes a strangled noise that is supposed to be an affirmative.

“Alright, I understand your predicament, young one,” Taehyung says in a dramatic deep voice, sounding more like a bad rendition of a lifetime smoker more than anything.

Jimin stays silent, though, hoping that Taehyung has some good ideas.

“You need to overwhelm his senses,” Taehyung says after a moment, “Tease him, the usual. Wear tighter clothes. Display your neck a lot, none of that turtleneck mess you’ve been doing,” he looks down at his fingers, mouthing things as he counts on his fingers, “Eat a lot of phallic things? Smell good? Keep that one between the two of you though—”

“How do I smell good?” Jimin interrupts, looking over at Taehyung confused.

Taehyung gives him a shit-eating grin, “Smell more like yourself. Sweat. Come. That kind of stuff.” Words flippant, as if they’re not ridiculously embarrassing.

Jimin hears Taehyung’s suggestion and his eyes widen, “I’m not going to walk around with come in my pants,” he bites back through gritted teeth, blushing up a storm. Trust Kim Taehyung to offer the most ridiculous options.

“I’m not kidding, though,” he says before looking around and scrunching his nose up again, “I can still smell the two of you in here. Just a little goes a long way.”

Taehyung,” Jimin whines in complaint, hiding his face. If there was ever a moment where he’d want to be swallowed up by the ground, now would be it.

“You’re making me suffer, it’s only fair you suffer too,” Taehyung quips before sighing.

Jimin can’t fight that.

“Play the innocent card,” Taehyung says after a while, “Rile him up and then pretend as if you have no idea what you’re doing. It’ll work.”

Blushing, Jimin nods. He can think of a couple of things that may work.

That next morning, Jimin pulls out the tightest pair of pants he owns. They’re supposed to be jeans, but Jimin’s convinced that they’re practically leggings with how thin and stretchy the material is. He can barely squeeze himself into them, struggling to keep his underwear from bunching up unattractively and smoothing everything down.

Looking at his reflection, he blushes. Everything he’s got is out on display; his thighs, his dick that he had to tuck, and his ass. If this doesn’t work, he doesn’t know what will. He rarely wears the pants, only got them on a whim anyway, but whenever he does he never fails to attract all sorts of people.

Jimin grabs a belt to make sure his pants don’t fall down or sit awkwardly throughout the day. He debates what to wear on top, not knowing if a tight shirt or a loose shirt would look better, but he settles on a plain white shirt. He checks himself out in the mirror, looking at his reflection critically, but after a moment, he smiles. It’s loose enough to show off his collarbones but the material is quite thin that he can see his nipples through the shirt. He can’t help but blush, turning his cheeks, ears, and neck bright red. He wants to show off— wants Yoongi to look at him and want to eat him up— but he’s going to be embarrassed if it doesn’t work.

It needs to work.

He finalizes the look with a choker and Yoongi’s jacket. He looks like a blend of edgy and comfortable, but in a way, it works. He’s going to school, so he can’t be overly explicit, but it’s enough to turn heads. More specifically, it should be enough to get Yoongi’s attention.

He makes sure to omit his deodorant and leaves his hair fluffy, pinching his cheeks so they pink up naturally and dabs on the smallest amount of eyeliner to smoke out his eyes.

“Damn,” he whispers as he looks at the finished product. He’s definitely going to get some turned heads.

Sure enough, as he’s walking into school, he can already see people doing double takes, looking at him as if they’ve never seen him before in their lives.

He hears a loud wolf-whistle up ahead and turns to look. Unsurprisingly, it’s Taehyung, grinning from ear to ear while Hoseok and Jeongguk just stare.

“Damn, you outdid yourself, Jiminie,” he says as he walks up, eyeing Jimin up and down before circling around him, tapping his ass a little and laughing, “I think Yoongi may actually die.”

Jimin pulls his sleeves over his hands and does his best to fight off a blush. Hopefully it works out the way he wants it to.

 

 

Everything goes smoothly until the last period of the day. The teacher hadn’t mentioned that they were going to have a guest coming in before class, so when Hoseok and Jimin see the notice to meet in the practice room, they look at each other confused.

Honestly, he doesn’t want to sweat in the nice clothes he’s wearing. Thankfully, as he and Hoseok walk into class, he can already tell that they’re going to be lectured at rather than dance. The teacher isn’t in his work-out clothes.

Half way through the teacher talking about the graduation performance kinks, outfits, makeup, and timing, a man walks in, head held high and black hair loosely hanging down his forehead. Instantly Jimin perks up. If someone else doesn’t walk in, this guy must be the guest speaker. Yes, Jimin doesn’t want to sweat in his clothes, but he’s practically falling asleep on the uncomfortable floor. He wants to do something, and the guest speaker doesn’t seem like the type to lecture.

Not five minutes later, their teacher hands over the reins to the dark haired new guy, who’s apparently named Taemin, a recent graduate that’s in college for dance.

“Alright, I don’t want to have you sit and just listen for a whole class period. I see you aren’t changed so I won’t make it anything difficult. How about we start warming up and then we can talk about ways to make routines smoother while keeping them on beat?” He doesn’t wait for a reply before turning on the music and letting them all go on their own to stretch.

Looking down at his pants, Jimin mourns the ability to do very much. As stretchy as they may be, he doesn’t want to tug at the material and loosen it up. Not when the whole point is for them to be tight. Sighing, he looks over to Hoseok ready to complain together.

However, the typically happy man keeps his eyes glued to Taemin, watching his every move carefully. He’s surprised by Hoseok’s tense demeanor. He’s never seen Hoseok angry, let alone like this— lips pulled down at the ends and eyes tight, looking ready for a fight.

“You okay?” Jimin finds himself asking, placing his hand on Hoseok’s shoulder.

A low threatening sound rumbles out of Hoseok’s chest, but it stops almost as soon as it starts.

“Hm?” Hoseok mutters before looking down at Jimin, “Oh yeah, it’s nothing. Let’s warm up.”

Throughout the lesson, Hoseok tries to seem his normal, bright bubbly self, but Jimin can see the tight set of his shoulders and the way he never really stops glancing at Taemin. It only gets worse as he makes his rounds, looking at each student as they follow the choreography and fix whatever needs to be fixed.

“You’re doing really well, uh…” Taemin compliments as he walks behind Jimin.

“Jimin,” he offers with a smile.

“Jimin,” Taemin repeats slowly as if tasting the name on his tongue, smiling as he does, “You have a lot of practice with contemporary?”

Jimin stops what he’s doing to turn around and smile as he nods, “Yeah, that’s pretty much all I’ve done up to this point but Hobi has been teaching me some hip-hop here and there.”

Hoseok stops his own dance and straightens before looking at Taemin, “Hoseok.” To his credit, he does attempt to smile, and Jimin’s pretty sure it would have fooled him if he didn’t know Hoseok better.

Taemin smiles back and greets him easily before turning back to Jimin.

“It was nice to meet you two,” he says though curiously enough, just looks at Jimin with a warm smile, “Keep up the good work and I’m sure the teacher will have you front and center of formation.”

Jimin glows with the praise, chest puffing out, smiling happily and nodding as Taemin walks off.

“Did you hear that? I could be in the center!” He gushes while Hoseok smiles and turns them both around to keep working on the routine.

By the end of the class, there is a healthy layer of sweat covering his body. His shirt clings to his body rather uncomfortably and makes it much more sheer than it was supposed to be. He can’t stop watching the clock and counting the seconds until he can try to fix his appearance, not wanting to look a mess.

As soon as class is over he walks over to the bathroom, takes off his jacket and his shirt to wipe himself down, doing his best reduce the sweat. He’s pretty sure he’s going to end up smelling one way or another, but at least this way it’ll be a little better.

“Oh! Hey Jimin, I didn’t expect you to be in here,” he hears from behind him mid pat down. Surprised, he turns back and smiles as soon as he sees it’s just Taemin.

Jimin shrugs and blushes, looking down at the paper towels in his hands, “Ah, yeah I just wanted to wipe off some of the sweat. Don’t wanna smell bad or anything.”

He turns back to face the sinks as he speaks, going back to wiping himself as best he can. He hears a sympathetic sound from behind him and can see Taemin approaching in the mirror.

He leans forward, a little too close for Jimin’s liking and sniffs loudly before pulling back with a smile, “You smell alright to me,” he replies, a small smirk dancing on his lips.

Jimin chuckles a bit awkwardly, not knowing what to say. There’s no one else in the bathroom and he’s suddenly all too aware that he’s alone with his shirt off with a relative stranger. Feeling too naked for his tastes, Jimin clears his throat and smiles before quickly wiping himself down one last time. He’s quick to make himself presentable again, pulling his shirt back on and covering it with Yoongi’s jacket.

“Here, your shirt is a little uneven,” Taemin says softly but he doesn’t wait for Jimin’s response. He doesn’t know what Taemin plans, but stays perfectly still as he runs his hands over the shirt and straightens it out.

“Oh, uh, thanks,” Jimin says tightly, shuffling around awkwardly.  

Taemin clears his throat as he turns to look at Jimin carefully, “You’re really pretty, Jiminie.”

Jimin’s eyes widen and he takes an instinctive step back. Surprised, he tries to laugh it off but the look on Taemin’s face doesn’t change. His nearly black eyes keep on looking at Jimin as he squirms uncomfortably under his gaze.

“Oh, thank you?” He says before taking a step towards the exit, “I gotta go though. It was nice to meet you!”

He doesn’t wait for Taemin to reply before he turns on his foot and exits the bathroom. He weaves his way through the campus as he makes his way to the parking lot. However, as soon as he walks out he’s surprised to see Yoongi waiting for him.

Unlike usual, Yoongi doesn’t wait where he stands. No, instead, he walks up to Jimin, black eyes boring deep holes into him as he approaches. Jimin can feel Yoongi look him up and down, lighting his nerves on fire and making him think that maybe the plan will work.

“Hey,” Jimin whispers as they meet in the middle of the parking lot, but as soon as they’re close enough to touch, Yoongi growls and wraps his arms around Jimin. He lets himself be pulled into a tight hug, holding onto Yoongi’s shirt and nuzzling in as he welcomes the familiar scent, relaxing.

Jimin stays still as Yoongi rubs his face all over Jimin’s neck, licking and growling something as he does so. It feels nice and familiar, as if Yoongi is trying to embed himself into Jimin’s skin with each lick. Yoongi’s grip tightens the more he tastes, the rumble in his chest intensifying.

He has no idea what’s going on until he hears someone approaching them.

“This your boyfriend, Jimin?” Taemin says and Yoongi arms pull him in tighter, his grip on Jimin tightening as he lifts his face from Jimin’s neck.

Jimin tries to turn around, to not seem rude, but Yoongi doesn’t let him move an inch. He has no idea what’s happening, why Yoongi is acting so defensive, but all he wants to do is comfort his boyfriend. Feeling how tense Yoongi’s muscles are, Jimin rubs his hands over Yoongi’s back, hoping to sooth whatever the issue is.

“Yeah,” he replies after a moment, back still turned, “This is Yoongi, my boyfriend.”

Yoongi seems to relax at the words, just enough for Jimin to be able to turn in his hold and face Taemin. There’s a flash of gold that Jimin catches, just barely, in Taemin’s eyes, and everything falls into place.

Taemin is a shifter too.

“I understand,” he says and steps back with a smile, though there is a playful twinkle in his eyes that suggest otherwise, “If you ever need any help, feel free to contact me.” With that, Taemin turns and walks away, presumably to his car. He hears Yoongi snarl behind him, hold bruising around his hips but Jimin just keeps massaging Yoongi’s arms as much as he can.

Yoongi doesn’t stop growling or let go of Jimin until Taemin steps into his car. Wisely, Jimin decides to keep his mouth shut. Instead, he lets Yoongi lead him back to his truck and drive him home. The drive is silent and tense. Yoongi doesn’t say anything, doesn’t even look at Jimin throughout the whole ride and it doesn’t take long for Jimin to start questioning whether or not he should be apologizing for something.

Jimin is surprised when Yoongi turns to him as soon as the car is parked, his gaze intense as it locks with his, “Can I come in?”

There’s a tightness in Yoongi’s voice that he’s not used to hearing, but the fact that he’s asking to come in makes Jimin feel a little better. Yoongi can’t be too mad if he wants to spend more time together and, presumably, talk about what just happened.

Jimin nods quickly and smiles, “Yeah, my mom won’t be home until Sunday anyway.”

He leads them through his house easily, but as soon as they make it into Jimin’s room he’s pressed up against his door and Yoongi is burying his nose in Jimin’s neck.

“Fuck, his smell was—” he groans and presses hot open mouthed kisses to Jimin’s neck, “all over you, fuck. It was driving me crazy.”

Yoongi,” Jimin whines loudly, bucking up into Yoongi instinctively. It takes him a moment to process what’s happening, too stunned. He wasn’t expecting Yoongi to react the way he was, but he can’t deny the sharp spike of arousal warming his gut. This is what he wanted, after all.

He tries to touch Yoongi, but his wrists are trapped under Yoongi’s, incapable of moving even the slightest amount. He can feel himself twitching in his pants, hardening quickly as he tries to move his hands, but they don’t even budge. Yoongi’s holding him down with close to no effort and knowing that, feeling it, makes him jittery and hot.

Yoongi pulls away from his neck and Jimin is certain that it’s covered in red marks. Vaguely he thinks about asking what’s going on, but Yoongi’s deep rumble his wipes his brain clear of any train of thought. Jimin keens into the kiss as he feels Yoongi press their bodies together, slotting a thigh between Jimin’s and making him crave more. The pressure from Yoongi’s thigh is perfect, warm and solid against him. He doesn’t even think about it, hips twitching as their kiss deepens.

Desire flares with each roll of his hips, rhythm quickening as Yoongi presses in closer so that he can feel Yoongi’s cock. He’s hardening as Jimin moves against them, aching to be closer, shamelessly humping his leg.

“Look at you, so needy,” he hears Yoongi whisper to himself and Jimin blushes, ears heating up as his face burns but his hips stutter as he hears the words, a jolt of heat flaring down his spine. It’s clear, he can add embarrassment to the things that make him hot.

“God, you looked so good, baby,” he groans as he kisses over Jimin’s collarbones, nipping and sucking at the skin, “You look like sin personified, fuck. You’re so pretty for me, and me only, right?”

The words send sparks of need deeper into Jimin’s body, craving more. He wants Yoongi to touch him, skin on skin. He feels hot everywhere. There are too many layers of clothing between them. Wanting to reassure Yoongi, he bobs his head before swallowing down the needy moan.

“All for you, only you. Oh my god, Yoongi please,” he whines and picks up the pace, fucking himself down on Yoongi’s thigh quickly. His hands clench with how much he wants to touch. He wants to rub himself all over Yoongi. He wants to bathe in Yoongi’s calming scent.

As soon as Yoongi releases Jimin’s hands, he tangles them in Yoongi’s hair and pulls them into a bruising kiss. Biting and sucking his way deeper, Jimin lets himself get carried away. Jimin lets Yoongi take everything he has to give, feeling like Yoongi’s consuming him whole, but he’s greedy. He loves every second of it.

He doesn’t notice when Yoongi dumps them both onto his bed.

“C’mon, Yoongi, come on,” he chants, over and over as he pulls and tugs on Yoongi’s clothes until they’re both naked. As soon as their naked skin touches, they both groan. The itch under his skin grows, demanding more and more of Yoongi’s skin against his.  

He lets his hand run up the firm line of Yoongi’s back, raking his nails over the warm skin. His legs spread, giving Yoongi space to rock them together. As he opens his eyes, he sees Yoongi’s eyes squeezed shut, muscles twitching with the force of his restraint. The furrow in Yoongi’s brow deepens as he breathes through his mouth, taking shuddering breaths.

“No no no,” Jimin whispers, grabbing Yoongi’s chin and dragging him into desperate kiss, “Stop holding back, Yoongi. Fuck me. Fuck me like you mean it.”

He makes sure to keep his eyes on Yoongi as he speaks, determined to make him see that he’s serious. There’s no need for him to be restraining himself. Jimin wants it all, the good and bad. He wants to know Yoongi, he wants to feel Yoongi. He doesn’t want Yoongi to treat him like a delicate thing, he wants to feel the true extent of what Yoongi’s capable of. He wants to see Yoongi all over his skin.

“Please don’t hold back, Yoongi,” He breathes, lips brushing over Yoongi’s cheek as his hips undulate, rocking them together, “Let me see you. Let me be with you.”

It takes Yoongi a moment, but he opens his eyes, pupils blown out as he looks all over Jimin’s face. Yoongi doesn’t need to protect Jimin from himself. Jimin trusts Yoongi completely, he knows that Yoongi would never hurt him. Yoongi just needs to trust himself.

As soon as their eyes meet, Jimin lays his head to the side, offering up his neck just the way he had seen Jeongguk do a while back.

The effect is instantaneous, Yoongi’s eyes flashing a bright gold as a loud growl rips itself out of his throat as he bares his teeth and bites down on Jimin’s neck. A sharp cry rips itself out of Jimin’s throat, desperate and needy as he throws a leg over Yoongi’s hips and thrusts his aching dick up into Yoongi. This is what he wants, to feel Yoongi’s desperation and need equaling his own.

Yoongi’s dick twitches between them as Jimin runs his nails down his back and begs, “Please Yoongi, please fuck me. P-please, I n-need it.”

He feels rather than hears the deep rumble in Yoongi’s chest, his warm lips licking Jimin’s neck until it’s beyond sensitive. God, he needs more. He needs Yoongi everywhere.

Jimin’s legs fall right open as he feels a wet finger tracing the skin around his entrance, teasing him for a moment before it’s pressing in, fast and hard. It hurts, too fast for it not to, but Jimin’s hips buck under Yoongi, loving the way it feels. Lacing his fingers through Yoongi’s soft hair, he pulls him into a kiss, more teeth than anything but he doesn’t care.

The way Yoongi fingers him is worlds different from the first time. Yoongi’s face is permanently attached to Jimin’s neck as he fucks him quickly, barely giving him enough time as Yoongi adds fingers into Jimin’s needy hole, pulling more sounds out of Jimin’s mouth than he knows are even possible.

Yoongi’s fingers brush up against Jimin’s prostate and his back arcs up without his permission, throat tightening with how good it feels. Yoongi’s lips move over Jimin’s neck, saying something, but he’s not quite sure, unable to concentrate on anything that isn’t the fingers in his ass. He needs more.

He hears Yoongi dig through the drawer and he loses track of time, hole clenching around nothing, achingly empty.

“I-I, oh god—” whatever he was going to say is cut off by Yoongi’s cock, pressing up against his entrance. Their eyes meet for a second, dark eyes making Jimin’s skin feel like it’s on fire before Yoongi is thrusting in. The sting of the stretch leaves Jimin gasping and clawing at Yoongi to get closer, pulling him in until he’s balls deep. The unrelenting pressure of Yoongi filling him up, stretching him out like nothing else can, makes him feel like he can’t breathe.

Yoongi hisses, jaw clenched shut as his hips move. He pulls out his cock until only the head remains, slow and making Jimin feel every inch. He opens his mouth to ask for more, but before he can, Yoongi’s hips snap forward.

The sound that Jimin chokes out is a blend of a sob and a cry, mind going blank as he claws at Yoongi’s back. He slides in over and over, so deep Jimin doesn’t know where he ends and Yoongi begins. This is what he wanted, the raw strength of Yoongi’s hips fucking into him as if he’s trying to make a home in his body.

With every thrust, Jimin feels the air punched out of him, eyes squeezing shut as he feels pressure building. It’s so good— too good almost. Jimin holds onto Yoongi’s shoulders, hangs on and takes everything Yoongi gives him. Each thrust jars him, turning his brain into a fuzzy mess, unable to process anything that isn’t Yoongi.

“Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi,” he chants, over and over again. He wants to move, to squirm, but Yoongi’s firm hold keeps him in place, pinning him down to take all the harsh thrusts he’s giving him. The sound of their skin slapping fills the room, wet and loud in between the ridiculous sounds leaving his mouth.

He loves the fact that he can feel the strength in Yoongi’s grip, holding him so tightly he knows he’s going to bruise. He can’t move and the knowledge makes him delirious, greedy for more. He knows that if he didn’t like it, Yoongi would stop, he doesn’t doubt that for a moment, but he wants it. He loves that he has to lie there and just take it; take what Yoongi gives him.

Mine,” he hears Yoongi growl above him, biting all over his shoulders and collarbones, “You’re mine, Jimin. All mine.”

Jimin’s brain fizzles out as Yoongi’s dick hits his prostate straight on, time and time again as he thrusts in, “All yours,” he confirms, voice wobbling, keeping his neck bared and open for Yoongi to do as he pleases.

He’s close, so close, and with every thrust he feels himself edge closer. The burn in his thighs from the angle and his eyes well up with each thrust, dangerously close to crying.

He feels so good— complete— with Yoongi in him, groaning and growling in his neck as he loses himself in Jimin’s body. He repeats Yoongi’s name like a prayer, thighs trembling with the force of everything he feels.

Yoongi’s hand goes to grab one of Jimin’s hip and he angles it differently, letting Yoongi get so much deeper and Jimin sobs, eyes springing open and fat tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Right there, right there, Yoongi,” he hiccups, “Please, fuck, you’re so deep, oh god I’m so close—”

Yoongi pushes Jimin further into the bed, keeping him pinned down as he thrusts in, over and over. The bed creaks and complains with how hard Yoongi rams into him, hips mindlessly pistoning in and out of him. Jimin vaguely feels pinpricks along his hips, a brief sting cutting into his skin, but his brain cuts out as Yoongi hits his prostate again.

Heat coils in his stomach, cock drooling all over them both so achingly close. Fat tears roll down his face as he struggles to hold on. It’s so much, too much. His thighs tighten around Yoongi’s slim hips and he’s so close he can taste it on his lips. Vision blurry, he sees Yoongi’s face, flushed and so far gone, eyes solid gold— vaguely he thinks it’s beautiful, but his brain whites out with the force of his orgasm.

Blinding pleasure shoots through Jimin. He’s shuddering with each wave of pure bliss overtaking him. he feels himself clenching around Yoongi, drawing him in deeper as Yoongi fucks him. He thinks he might have screamed, but all he knows is that his mouth is open and his throat is bared, eyes screwed shut as the waves of pleasure hit him.

Yoongi’s hips stutter, rhythm faltering and even though the pleasure starts to hurt a little, he weakly holds on to Yoongi. Vaguely, he hears Yoongi growl, pulling out and biting down on his neck as he comes all over him.

Aftershocks wrack his body, leaving him a shuddering mess beneath Yoongi, sniffling weakly as Yoongi lies on him, unable to control how overwhelmed he feels as tears continue to fall down his cheeks. He can’t do anything, to sated and weak to feel his limbs, so he lets his mind go.  

Yoongi starts whining softly and kissing Jimin’s neck, licking over the puffy skin before making his way down. Jimin cracks an eye open blearily as he watches Yoongi lick him clean. His chest swells as he watches the pleased expression bloom on Yoongi’s face. Yoongi groans as he licks their mixed come off Jimin, humming as he goes, making sure to take every last drop before coming back up.

Sated and sleepy, Jimin giggles and pushes Yoongi’s face away, but Yoongi’s persistent. Yoongi noses in closer and Jimin can’t deny him. Jimin gives in and kisses him— licking into Yoongi’s mouth and tasting their come on his tongue as he goes.

It tastes weird, salty and thick, but the look on Yoongi’s face is worth it, shining with pride and happiness as he looks at Jimin like he’s his entire world.

Yoongi kisses Jimin’s face, his nose, cheeks, eyes, and chin, making him giggle uncontrollably. There’s a deep rumble in Yoongi’s chest, sounding pleased and content more than anything. He nuzzles his wet lips into Jimin’s hair, getting come everywhere, but Jimin doesn’t care, heart too full to think about anything other than how pleased Yoongi is.

Jimin loses track of all the spots that Yoongi licks and nuzzles. He turns his face towards the soft touch at his cheeks, brushing away the wetness there and lets his tired eyes droop closed, falling asleep beneath Yoongi, completely content and relaxed.

 

 

Jimin wakes up to Yoongi picking him up, cradling him in his arms as he walks them over to his bathroom.

He tries to ask what’s going on but his mouth is muffled against Yoongi’s chest, turning it into a garbled sound that vaguely resembles what he tried to say. He feels Yoongi kiss his hair before he’s lowered down into warm water lapping at his skin.

A hiss escapes his lips as he’s submerged, but it turns into a pleased sigh a moment later as he rests up against the tub. Everything hurts a little, a pleasant reminder of their previous activities. Warmth completely unrelated to the water around him settles in his chest, remembering the primal way Yoongi finally let himself go. He was breathtaking.

Jimin lies there, a soft smile on his lips as he lets his muscles relax.

The sound of a throat clearing draws him out of his blissed state and back to the present. Cracking an eye open, he sees Yoongi sitting on the floor, knees pulled up to his chin, arms around them, still naked, and staring at Jimin looking smaller than he thought possible.

He sobers up quickly, sitting up a little as he leans towards Yoongi, worry replacing the happiness he felt. It breaks his heart to see Yoongi so tormented, eyes tight and a deep frown on his face. Jimin is quick to try to say something, anything to ease the dark feelings he can see brewing behind the dark eyes, but before he can speak Yoongi opens his mouth.

“Jimin, I’m so sorry,” his voice cracking as he speaks, displaying a broken vulnerability Jimin has never seen.

“What? Yoongi—” he holds out an arm for Yoongi to take, feeling a fierce need to touch, to reassure him that everything is okay, “No, Yoongi. Please don’t apologize.” Jimin looks at Yoongi gently, hoping more than anything that he takes the offered hand.

It takes Yoongi a moment, a long look shared between the two before Yoongi takes his hand hesitantly, but Jimin holds it tightly as soon as he can, interlacing their fingers, “Please don’t, I loved it. I—” he barely catches himself before he says a word that Yoongi may not be ready to hear. He needs to care for Yoongi before thinking of himself.

“I wanted it, Yoongi,” his voice is soft but firm as he speaks, looking at Yoongi directly in the eyes, doing his best to make him understand.

“But—”

Jimin tightens his hold on Yoongi’s hand and pulls him in closer. Yoongi lets himself be pulled a little before he shuffles over to Jimin slowly, and Jimin smiles encouragingly.

“Get in with me, Yoongi,” he pleads with a soft smile, rising up and making room behind him for Yoongi to get in. Hesitation is clear in Yoongi’s slow movements, but he does get in, careful not to splash the water around too much. Jimin doesn’t know if Yoongi is keeping his distance on purpose, but the space between them makes him nervous.

Jimin grabs Yoongi’s arms and wraps them around himself as he gets comfortable, leaning back into Yoongi’s embrace. There’s a strong line of tension in Yoongi’s muscles, from his hands up to his shoulders where Jimin’s head rests, but as the moments pass, the tension eases with each breath he takes.

Jimin squirms a little as he tries to relax his muscles. The small scratches at his hips sting pleasantly as they shift around, Yoongi pulling Jimin further back into himself and Jimin sighs happily. He can’t think of a single moment in his life where he’s felt happier, more complete. Emotion fills his chest, making his heart tighten with how much he feels— he almost let it slip.

Love.

He can’t deny it. The end of the school year is coming up; he’s known the pack— known Yoongi for over six months and the emotion in his heart hasn’t eased the slightest. He loves Yoongi. He’s certain about it— as certain as he knows he needs oxygen to breathe.

Jimin is brought out of his thoughts by Yoongi burying his nose in Jimin’s hair, rubbing his hands over Jimin’s slippery skin.

“Yoongi, did you know that I busted out my good pants trying to seduce you yesterday?” He explains softly, eyes still closed as he lies on Yoongi, “I wore the thinnest shirt I own. I wore your jacket all day. I promise, Yoongi, I wanted this.”

Yoongi’s arms tighten around him. Sighing, he noses his way down Jimin’s neck. Jimin can feel that the skin is raw, probably splotched beautiful shades of red and purple, and he can’t help the pleased sigh or the huge grin on his face.

“I loved everything we did,” Jimin continues, letting his head roll onto Yoongi’s shoulder and giving him more space, “Please don’t feel guilty about something I loved so much.”

Yoongi rests his forehead on Jimin’s temple, holding him tightly and rubbing his thumb over Jimin’s arms, “I loved it too,” he whispers, as if not wanting to admit it to himself, “I lost control but I loved it.”

His voice trails off and Jimin just lies in his arms, letting him gather his thoughts, “I was so scared—” Yoongi whispers and Jimin raises a hand to pet his hair, hoping to comfort, “I was so scared I hurt you, baby. You were crying and—”

Slowly, Jimin turns his head and presses a soft kiss to Yoongi’s lips, “I liked that it hurt a little. I would have told you to stop if I didn’t like it.”

Yoongi’s eyes open and their gazes lock, “Promise?”

“I promise,” Jimin answers without hesitation, a soft smile on his face, “You have to trust that I’ll tell you if I don’t want something. I don’t think I’ll ever need to but I promise I will tell you if I do.”

Yoongi stares at him, eyes darting across his face nervously. Jimin just smiles, open and sincere as he lets Yoongi stare until he feels comfort. He turns in Yoongi’s arms and rearranges himself on Yoongi’s lap so they can look at each other properly.

Jimin can feel when the tension leaves Yoongi’s body as he sighs, leaning to Jimin. He falls into Jimin’s arms and Jimin welcomes him, wrapping his arms around Yoongi and makes reassuring noises. Yoongi’s warm hands trail up his back as he holds Jimin back. He nuzzles into Yoongi’s neck, dropping butterfly kisses the way he’s seen Namjoon and Jin do on occasion.

It works; Yoongi relaxes and whines happily, nuzzling back into Jimin.

Yeah, he’s definitely falling in love with Yoongi. Now his only worry is if he’s going to be there to catch Jimin.

 

 

“We should go on a date.”

Jimin sits up and looks over to Taehyung, “What?”

“You heard me. We should go on a date,” he repeats with an eyeroll, “You, me, dinner, movie. It’ll be fun.”

Jimin laughs wholeheartedly, throwing his head back and lying down on the grass below, “Alright. I’ll let you take me out. When do you wanna go?”

With the end of school coming up in a month, classes have been piling up homework and their dance teacher has been pushing them, which leaves Jimin close to no time with the pack, let alone with Taehyung. He misses his best friend.

“This weekend. This new movie’s coming out and I’ve been dying to see it!,” Taehyung explains with an easy smile just as Hoseok and Jeongguk walk up and plop down alongside them.

“What’s this I hear about a date?” Hoseok asks just before biting down on his food. Taehyung laughs and explains it, but Jimin can’t keep his eyes of Jeongguk, the way he curls into himself and keeps his eyes on his own food.

“—right, Jimin?”

He looks up at Taehyung, eyes wide, “Huh?” knowing he didn’t hear a word of what Taehyung said, “Yeah, sure. Of course.” He hopes that he said the right thing, not wanting to seem like he was ignoring them.

He can’t keep his mind off the way that Jeongguk honest to god wilts whenever Taehyung talks about someone else. Jimin’s sure that Jeongguk doesn’t actually believe that they’re going on a date, a romantic one at least, but he still curls into himself and eats his food quietly. Of course, Taehyung’s too distracted to even notice.

Jimin never finds out what it was he agreed to during lunch that day, too busy with school and dance to ask. He barely remembers their date as is, throwing on whatever he could find before running out to meet Taehyung.

“Excited to see me, I see,” Taehyung teases with a shit-eating smirk as they pull out and take off.

“Yes, I missed your beautiful face,” Jimin deadpans back. It’s not long before he breaks, though, laughing with Taehyung as they make their way over.

The drive itself only scared Jimin twice, which he counts as a win. Clearly he’s gotten used to Taehyung’s driving, as insane as it is. Taehyung ended up choosing some strange rom-com action movie that confuses Jimin a little more than he’d like but at least they’re together in the end, and that’s all that really matters.

Because Taehyung chose the movie, Jimin gets to choose the dinner place. It’s a small restaurant in between all of the large shops, but it has large booths and the noise level is perfect for private conversations.

“You chose a cozy restaurant,” Taehyung teases as they get seated in a corner booth away from everyone else. For a moment, he spares the hostess a look, and her tight smile reminds him that it does look like they’re dating.

Fuck that, he doesn’t need her approval, but he will take advantage of their seating.

“I did,” he confirms just after she leaves, “I thought it would be appropriate,” he quips back with a wink. It makes Taehyung laugh which only sends them both into a laughing fit for a moment until they’re interrupted by their waiter.

They order their drinks quickly and get into a heated discussion over which is better, fried or grilled meat. Jimin insists that grilled meat not only tastes better, but also good for you, but Taehyung isn’t listening, blocking his words out with a loud rendition of ‘baby got back’ with fried chicken as its operating word.

It’s all a hot mess and they’re both grinning from ear to ear as the waiter comes back and asks for their order. They bicker just a little but eventually the waiter leaves with their order and provides Jimin the perfect moment to attack.

“So, Jeongguk,” he starts, “Why haven’t you tried making a move?”

Taehyung visibly stiffens before chuckling awkwardly and scratching the back of his head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“C’mon Tae, we’ve talked about this,” Jimin needles. He knows that Taehyung’s probably overthinking everything, which is only going to draw out whatever awkward misery they’re both in.

“Jimin, it’s just— it’s complicated,” Taehyung tries, big eyes wide as he silently pleads for Jimin to drop it.

“Then uncomplicate it,” he retorts quickly, “Listen, Taehyung— I get it, okay. It’s scary and shit, but I swear he’s just as into you as you are into him. You’re just dragging things out when there’s really no need to.”

There’s a moment of silence Taehyung looking at the table as he bites his bottom lip. Jimin’s being pushy, he knows that, and if Taehyung denies him again he’ll back off. He just wants to be there for Taehyung the same way he’s been there for Jimin. He wants his best friend to be happy.

“It’s not that simple,” he whispers after a while, staring down at his hands, “I’ve loved him since the moment I saw him— and that’s weird, I know, but it is what it is. I told myself I would wait until he graduates. At least then I’ll know I’m not forcing him into anything.”

It makes sense, in a way. They’ve known each other for so long that it’s easy to blur the lines. Jimin doesn’t need to ask to know that Taehyung has been beating himself up for feeling the way he does.

“You can’t make choices like that for him, though,” Jimin reasons gently, “let him make his own decisions. He can do it himself. If he doesn’t want you, then so be it— but if he does, you’re skipping two years of pining. I’m not saying you should jump his bones or whatever, but there’s so much potential between the two of you. Let him take you out on cute dates like this.”

Taehyung makes a strange sound before burying his face in his hands, groaning loudly as they sit there. Swallowing down a laugh, Jimin forces himself to be understanding and patient.

“It’s weird, though! I’ve known him since I was ten. Now I wanna date him?” Taehyung complains without looking up.

Jimin sighs, running a hand through his hair, “What’s so weird about it? I don’t think so at all. Honestly, I think it’s super cute.”

There’s another strangled sound before Taehyung groans one last time and straightens up with a sigh, “No, you’re right, it’s not weird.”

A moment later, the waiter is back with their food, steaming from the kitchen and they thank him before digging in.

“What about you and Yoongi? Any success?”

Jimin grins and launches off into the story, giving Taehyung all the details about Taemin and how he wasn’t supposed to be a catalyst, but it worked perfectly.

To Taehyung’s credit, he listens to the whole story, even if he had originally claimed not to want any details. He grins and laughs when appropriate but winces towards the end, cutting Jimin off before he gives too much information that he doesn’t want.

“Well, I’m glad it worked like a charm,” Taehyung says as the waiter returns with their check. They split the bill before returning it and walking out, stomachs full and smiles on their faces.

“Seriously Tae, talk to Jeongguk. It’ll make life a lot easier for the two of you,” Jimin says as they pull up to Jimin’s house. He spies a window with a light on, letting him know that his mother is home.

“Yeah, yeah, I will,” he groans before ruffling Jimin’s hair, “But congratulations, tiger. You got fed well.”

Jimin blushes and slaps Taehyung’s hand away. He stutters as he tries to defend himself and tell Taehyung just how stupid that sentence sounds, but he doesn’t think it works out too well. Not with the shit-eating smirk that Taehyung shoots him.

 

 

Days pass after their cute friend date and although Taehyung hasn’t made a significant change to his relationship with Jeongguk, there are slight differences. Jimin notices the lingering stares, the way Taehyung caresses Jeongguk’s skin, and most importantly, the feeding. Taehyung feeds Jeongguk a bit of everything he eats, even when he’s complaining about starving.

Jeongguk blooms before his eyes, glowing under Taehyung’s attention and it makes Jimin incredibly happy. They deserve happiness. They have all the time in the world, to figure things out. Jimin’s just happy to see them growing together, letting themselves be happy.

Watching Taehyung and Jeongguk be cute together makes him think of Yoongi. Reminds Jimin of the doting attention, but it also reminds him of the strange feeling that’s been brewing in his head. He’s been trying to ignore it, attributing it to being weird, but he can’t stop.

He wants to be as close as possible with Yoongi, intimate in every sense of the word, but there’s something holding him back— holding them both back.

No matter how many times he tries to talk himself out of it, his brain always comes back to the fact that Yoongi pulls out every time they have sex. At first, Jimin attributed it to a kink of Yoongi’s, but after a while it starts to feel like there is something else there, something that Yoongi isn’t telling him.

It might just be paranoia, but it’s like an itch Jimin couldn’t scratch. Once the thought gets in his brain, he couldn’t stop.

“Yoongi?” Jimin asks as they relax on Yoongi’s bed, “Can I ask you something?”

Yoongi grumbles something but cracks an eye open and nods. Jimin takes a calming breath and looks at his hand as it traces the shapes on Yoongi’s shirt, “Is there any reason why you always pull out? When we— uh, you know— sex?”

His words are mumbled— he can barely understand what he’s saying himself, fighting through the embarrassment, but he needs to know. He needs to lay the issue to rest and move on with his life.

Yoongi tenses as Jimin speaks, letting a thick silence blanket the room, awkward and stifling. Jimin trains his eyes on Yoongi, watching his every movement, watching as he bites his lip and an embarrassed expression takes form on his face.

It takes him far too long, but eventually Yoongi mumbles something, low and too quick for Jimin to hear.

“What?” Jimin tries to coax gently.

Yoongi squeezes his eyes shut and takes a shuddering breath, “I’ve got a knot and I didn’t— I don’t want to do that to you.”

Jimin freezes as his brain tries to figure out what that means, “A knot?” He whispers but as soon as he says it, a vague fact he learned from biology comes to mind. Canines have knots to keep them attached to their partners as they mate.

Is— Yoongi has a knot?

Instantly his brain tries to process what that means, how that works, but he can’t honestly picture how. Is it painful for him? Is that why he doesn’t want to do it with Jimin?

“D-Does it hurt?” He hears himself asking, trying to figure out what’s happening.

Yoongi shakes his head but doesn’t say anything, just stares at Jimin with a careful expression on his face. Maybe it’s just not something done with humans.

Jimin’s brain shoots off in as many directions as it can, trying to process what it all means. Jimin presses his lips together as his thoughts race with mind of its own. He doesn’t even know what a knot entails, but the way Yoongi curls into himself and away from Jimin, it doesn’t sound like something he wants. Or at least, not something he wants with Jimin.

His thoughts race back to what Taehyung had warned him when he first got together with Yoongi.

We don’t do things halfway, and I mean that seriously. You’re one of us Jimin, we take care of our own, but the same applies to all kinds of relationships. I’m not going to make any assumptions but I want you to keep that in mind.

It felt like ages ago— a lifetime ago, really, but the words ring in his head clear as day. Disappointment and hurt crashes over Jimin in waves as he tries to gather his thoughts. He wants to be with Yoongi in every way he can, but it may just not be possible. He never thought they would have problems because they are different. It never even crossed his mind.

He stays quiet the rest of the night, thinking about everything as his stomach swirls uncomfortably. Yoongi stopped touching him somewhere through the night, but he doesn’t even notice it until he’s in front of his house and Taehyung stares at him, looking too worried for words.

“Taehyung?” He whispers, looking down at his hands, “What’s a knot?”

Taehyung coughs for a second before clearing his throat and looking at Jimin weirdly, “Uh, it’s like— the base of our dicks kinda swells up when we come? It’s a breeding thing. Keeps us inside our mates and stuff,” he looks around awkwardly and laughs, “I think it’s all about making sure they get pregnant? But like, we don’t always have knots? I’ve jerked it more times that I can count but I’ve never popped a knot,” Jimin doesn’t even flinch, more confused at Taehyung’s words than anything, “Why?”

Jimin ignores Taehyung’s question and bites his lip, “Is it— Do you only do it to other shifters? Does it like, hurt humans or something?” He asks, chest tightening. Maybe Yoongi just wants to keep himself from hurting Jimin.

The confusion on Taehyung’s face sends a sinking feeling in his stomach, “No? Use enough lube and I’m sure it would fit? It grows slowly, so like, it shouldn’t hurt?”  

A thick silence falls between them and Jimin’s throat starts to tighten with emotion, “So, if Yoongi doesn’t want to—” Jimin takes a shuddering breath and tries to think, “What does it mean if Yoongi doesn’t want to?” He forces the words out of his mouth, sounding raw and strained, but he says them. He needs to know.

“Knotting— It means mating someone,” Taehyung whispers gently, “When we mate, we mate for life. We don’t do so lightly.”

Jimin tries to process his words, process what Taehyung is saying, but it doesn’t add up in his brain. The thought of choosing someone to be with for the rest of his life is scary— the level of commitment they’re talking about is forever, but the thought of being with anyone else makes bile rise in his throat. He doesn’t want to touch anyone else, nor does he want anyone else's touch. He wants to come home to Yoongi. The thought of working at the local elementary school and coming home to the shop to find Yoongi waiting for him makes him happy. He looks forward to that. He wants to fall asleep in Yoongi's arms and wake up to his soft snores.

It’s a little scary, how strongly he feels for the grumpy shifter, but Jimin can’t deny it. He wants a future with him, but he doesn’t think Yoongi wants that too. His throat tightens and his eyes start to prickle. His memory flashes to their cute moments, their first date, their cuddle sessions, the way Yoongi let himself go around Jimin— he thought things were going well. He thought Yoongi was comfortable with him. He thought they could have something more, but clearly the feeling wasn’t mutual.

Overwhelmed with his feelings, he can feel his heart starting to race in his chest as the awful tightness he felt expands, making him feel like he can’t breathe.

He opens his mouth to speak— but instead of words, Jimin bursts into tears, ugly sobs ripping their way out of his chest. He tries to think, tries to figure out where he went wrong.

He can’t fucking breathe.

That’s the root of the issue after all. Yoongi doesn’t want him as his mate.

Vaguely, he thinks he can hear Taehyung beside him, but blood pumps in his ears as his body shakes with the strength of his sobs. He can feel Taehyung’s hand on him, grabbing him and holding his shaking form, but he can’t see anything through his blurry vision. Everything hurts— his head, his lungs, but most importantly, his chest. An uncomfortable pain settles in his chest that he wants to claw out of his body— he wants it gone, make it stop.

He feels Taehyung around him, holding him close and then he feels his bed, cold and alone.

Jimin isn’t sure if he’s still crying or not. He can’t breathe, he can’t think, he just wants to understand where he went wrong.

Did he— did he not do something right? Was he just not good enough for Yoongi? He hadn’t thought about it before, but Yoongi must have been with other people before him. He’s older, more mature, and most definitely attention-grabbing. There are other people out there that aren’t as weird or as needy as Jimin, who might be better for Yoongi.

He feels as if he’s being punched in the chest, everything hurting as he lies there. He feels so small, insignificant in comparison to everything around him. Taehyung must have, at some point, thrown a blanket over him because he doesn’t remember covering himself. He curls up into a ball around a pillow, hugging it to his chest.

He can’t stop shaking so hard he can barely hold the poor pillow. Everything is cold, empty and alone. Where did he go wrong? Why doesn’t Yoongi want him?

He can feel his bed dip at the foot of the bed, and a hand caressing his calf comfortingly. Jimin hears the voice speak, but doesn’t register the words.

“I-I’m fine — I just — Please don’t leave.” He hiccups, at least that’s what he tries to say, though he isn’t sure how much of it is actually coherent between his broken sobs. He feels his friend slip into bed behind him, curling around Jimin’s tiny figure protectively so he figures Taehyung understood some part of it.

Jimin can feel Taehyung’s arms around him, pulling him closer. His arms are comforting, but they aren’t Yoongi’s. Having Taehyung with him is helping, the warmth and soothing noises ease the shaking a little, but it isn’t what he wants. He wants Yoongi, he needs Yoongi to be with him; needs Yoongi to hold him and kiss his forehead, to tell him everything will be okay. The body behind him isn’t Yoongi and the bed that he’s lying on feels different without Yoongi on it.

He remembers what it was like to be with Yoongi in this very bed. His mind flashes back to how it felt like to be Yoongi’s, to have Yoongi all around him, to breathe in his scent and fall asleep drunk off of the feelings Yoongi made him feel. Making him feel loved and wanted.

He feels like he is going to be sick.

He isn’t Yoongi’s.

Yoongi didn’t want to make him his.

 

It hurts even more, lying on his bed crying his eyes out and feeling his heart break— knowing that what he feels for Yoongi is real.

He knows, with the same certainty that he needs air to breathe, that he loves Min Yoongi. He tries to take deep breaths, help himself work through the constricting pain in his chest, but he can’t stop the dry sobs. He hates it— he hates how small, how worthless he feels, but he can’t bring himself to hate Yoongi. He’ll take whatever he can, he’s too greedy to let Yoongi go.

Eventually, he must have fallen asleep but he doesn’t realize it until he comes to, just enough to hear Taehyung whispering harshly behind him.

“I don’t give a fuck what you think— I just held him as he cried himself to sleep, you’re going to bring your pathetic ass over here and fix it or so help me, god, you will be walking with a limp for the rest of your life.”

He’s too tired to ask who Taehyung is talking to.

 

Notes:

a lot happens in this chapter... thank you for continuing to read <3

Chapter 7

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

He wakes up the second time with a pounding headache, body aching everywhere as he tries to breathe and crack his eyes open. It doesn’t take him even a moment to remember why he’s waking up feeling like shit.

He doesn’t want to get up yet. He wants to lie there in his misery for just a little longer. If he closes his eyes, he can pretend that Yoongi is there with him. If he pretends hard enough, he doesn’t have to leave his house, doesn’t have to face the fact that Yoongi doesn’t want him the same way he wants Yoongi.

His chest tightens and he can feel his eyes burning again, but he doesn’t have any tears left. A shuddering sob wracks through his body, throat raw from overuse. A part of him feels ridiculous, like one of those cliche movies where someone is overreacting, but he can’t stop. He feels empty and a little broken, as if something is missing and the ache of the limb overtakes any other thought.

He loses track of time, it feels like a century, but the sun still shines brightly by the time he finally feels like he can breathe. Out of tears and sobs, he’s just left feeling hollow, gross, and hurt.

Honestly, he doesn’t want to do anything. He wants to be alone, afraid that something will set him off again, but the uncomfortable stiffness in his muscles needs hot water.

Maybe he can scrub away the feeling of being unwanted.

Taking one last steadying breath, he musters up the strength to sit up, opening his eyes and wincing at the harsh rays of sunlight. As he tries to blink away the haze in his eyes, he notices a shape in the corner of his room, huddled in a small ball as far away from him as possible.

Confused, he rubs his eyes, trying to clear his vision.

Shock crashes through him, his eyes are telling him it’s Yoongi but his brain refuses it. It doesn’t make sense. Why would Yoongi be curled up in a ball in Jimin’s room? How long has he been there?

Carefully, he lets his eyes rake over the small huddled form and his heart breaks all over again. Yoongi looks like he didn’t get a wink of sleep, deep bruises beneath his eyes and a deep crease in his brow as he whimpers ever so softly in his sleep.

He’s painfully in love with this man.

Sighing, he forces his stiff muscles to move. He stands, wobbly at first, but after a moment he feels confident to move. Looking over to Yoongi, he wants to make him feel better. Somehow. It hurts to look at him, to know where they stand, but it doesn’t stop Jimin’s desire to care for him.

As he rests his hand on his bed, he grabs his blanket and takes it off his bed. He struggles a little, trying not to drag it all over the floor too much or make noise, but he manages to approach Yoongi as quietly as possible. As slowly as he can, he drapes the blanket over Yoongi’s shivering form. For a moment, he thinks he did it, he managed to do it without waking Yoongi. But the next, Yoongi’s eyes shoot open and he freezes, eyes widening and feeling like a deer in headlights. They stare at each other for a second and Jimin swears he doesn’t breathe, throat tight as he waits for Yoongi’s next move.

Yoongi blinks and moves forward, for what Jimin doesn’t know, but he’s flinching back instinctively. He can’t handle this, touching Yoongi, being around him— not right now. Not so soon. It’s all too raw.

Yoongi’s face crumples, a soul aching yearning clear on his face as he freezes and pulls back, pressing himself up against the wall.

“I’m sorry, I just… I need some time?” Jimin tries to explain himself, tries to tell Yoongi that he can’t act like nothing happened— not ever, maybe— but definitely not now, “If you don’t f-feel the same, I-I need—" The words catch in his throat and he can hear his voice waver, raw from all the crying he did earlier.

He tries to control his breathing, in and out, but as his heart starts to race, he thinks he may be failing rather miserably. His throat tightens and he does his best to swallow down what he knows to be tears. He’s not doing to do it again, he doesn’t want to cry again.

“What? No! No, no, baby—, Jimin, no, please, it’s not what you think, I swear—” Jimin keeps his eyes trained on Yoongi, the way he looks like his heart is breaking. That can’t be right, though. Why does Yoongi look like he’s the one about to cry? Why is there a wet twinge in his voice?

“God, Jimin, I want to mate you so much— I don’t think you understand, okay? Every time, every single fucking time I had to force myself to pull out because I didn’t want to force myself on you like that, I didn’t know if you wanted it.” Yoongi’s voice shakes— hell, his whole body seems to be trembling as he speaks, barely managing to force words past his lips with how tightly clenched his jaw is.

Shocked frozen, Jimin just stares at Yoongi, tears streaming down his face silently as he tries to wrap his head around Yoongi’s words. They don’t make any sense.

What?” He whispers, voice wobbly and ever so vulnerable, but there’s one thing he knows for certain, and if he doesn’t say it now he knows he will regret it later. “Yoongi. I’m in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” His bottom lip wobbles but he’s proud that he got the words out.

Tense silence follows, lying so thick it could be cut with a butter knife, as Yoongi stares at Jimin.

Yoongi’s face contorts as if trying really hard not to cry and his hand reaches out, leaning forward but stops before making contact with Jimin, “Can I— Jimin, please I— I love you. I love you, so much— I want to be by your side for the rest of my life—” Jimin doesn’t really know what else he’s going to say but he reaches out so he can touch.

Yoongi loves him. There’s so much happening in his brain he doesn’t really know what’s what. All he knows is that Yoongi is touching him, holding his cheeks, brushing his tears away with his thumbs before they’re kissing.

“I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry, please don’t cry.” Yoongi breathes, open and raw, pressing the words to his face. Their kisses are a mess, wet from their shared tears and a clash of lips and teeth, but they’re perfect.

Jimin knows that they need to talk, need to figure out what just happened, but the tightness in his chest relaxes a little. There’s hope. They will try to make it better.

He vaguely registers Yoongi holding him and gently laying him on the bed. For a moment, he thinks that Yoongi is going to leave, leave without talking and working it out, but he slides in too.

“We’re going to work this out. I’m going to make this right, Jimin,” Yoongi whispers but his arms rub over his back soothingly, “I swear I’m never going to hurt you like this again. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.”

Jimin nods his head and does his best to regulate his breathing. Everything is okay. He is okay. Yoongi is okay.

They’ll talk it out. They’ll figure out things out together.

 

 

“Yoongi?” Jimin whispers as he stares at his wall. He can feel Yoongi behind him twitch and tighten his arms around him. They’ve been lying in bed together so long the sun is no longer as obnoxious, but Jimin can’t bring himself to move. Not yet, at least.

They need to talk.

“Yeah?” Yoongi murmurs, nuzzling into Jimin’s neck. A hand trails up Jimin’s stomach and rests against Jimin’s heart, a firm but gentle hold, reassuring him. There isn’t an inch of space between them, chest to back, Yoongi enveloping his body perfectly. They slot together like two pieces of the same puzzle.

Jimin sighs, grabbing both of his hands and interlacing their fingers, “What did you mean you didn’t want to force me into it?”

There’s a moment of silence where the question lies between them, thick and tense but Yoongi doesn’t pull away from him. Instead, he turns Jimin so they’re facing each other. Jimin lets himself turn and looks at Yoongi, closing his eyes as he nuzzles into the warm palm holding his cheek carefully.

“You’re my imprint, Jimin,” Yoongi whispers softly.

Jimin’s eyes flutter open as he hears the words, “Imprint?” He has no idea what that means, “What’s that?”

Yoongi’s brow furrows and he makes a pensive sound.

“It’s kinda like a wolf soulmate?” he says, sounding more confused himself as he tries to explain it, “I don’t really know how to explain it, but Namjoon thinks it’s a way to ensure everlasting bonds. Basically, the moment I saw you, there was a bond created between us.”

Jimin’s mind provides him the memory, the strange feeling he had the very first time he saw Yoongi. Even then, with such a distance separating them, Jimin knew there was something different about him. There was something entrancing about Yoongi that he couldn’t really explain.

“I remember that,” Jimin whispers, lifting his own hand to trace Yoongi’s sharp features, “You were so far away from me, but something drew me in. I wanted to know you.”

A rumbled chuckle spills out of Yoongi’s lips, “I smelled you before I saw you,” he pauses to trace his nose along the inside of Jimin’s wrist before he drops a kiss there, “By the time I saw you, I knew what happened.”

“You ran,” Jimin giggles back, “Straight into the forest actually. Wait— Did you phase?”

It’s faint, but Jimin spies the blush that covers Yoongi’s cheeks, “No— I, uh, went on a walk to get my head straight. Namjoon had to come and help me out. It, uh, got a bit violent towards the end.”

They share a laugh, gentle and soft.

“I thought you were so intense,” Jimin giggles as he recalls their introduction, “I couldn’t stop blushing because of how you were looking at me.”

“I was shy!” Yoongi defends himself with a pout, “You’re just so beautiful— I didn’t know what to say without sounding like an idiot.”

Jimin laughs, much too pleased with the confession. He can’t help the blush, though, feeling giddy with the knowledge that Yoongi thought he was beautiful.

“I was scared I was forcing you for so long,” Yoongi mumbles and looks at Jimin seriously, “I still do sometimes. I don’t—” he sighs and closes his eyes before opening them back up, “I don’t want to make you feel like you don’t have a choice.”

Yoongi wasn’t, though. There was a connection, Jimin will admit that, but he can’t think of a single moment where he felt pressured to do something. If anything, the feeling was closer to a gentle reminder that Yoongi was around him, constantly there, more than anything.

“Yoongi,” he whispers back, soft but firm, “I’ve made this choice. I felt something between us, I won’t lie to you— I did, I still do, but I never feel forced. It’s like a reassurance you’re still there? I want to be with you, Min Yoongi. Imprint or no, I think I would still love you.”

It’s hard, being so open with Yoongi, but he wants to be clear about his feelings. Yoongi’s anxiety is understandable; if he understands right, Yoongi’s afraid that what they have is only due to the imprint. But deep down, Jimin Knows that it’s more than just that. He loves everything about Yoongi; his lazy nature, the drunk slur of his voice, or the way he stands back and silently encourages them all.

Yoongi exhales, deep and he shakes a little before he presses his forehead against Jimin’s, “Thank you, Jimin,” he whispers, “But I’m still sorry about what happened.”

“It’s okay, Yoongi, I—”

Yoongi shakes his head, “It’s not okay. I should have explained myself rather than beat myself up. I shouldn’t have let you go home without talking things out. I’m so sorry,” he looks at Jimin meaningfully and holds his cheek, “I can’t promise that it won’t happen again— I’m shitty at talking about my feelings, but I swear I’m going to do my best to prevent you from feeling anything like that again.”

The tightness in Jimin’s chest eases. He doesn’t doubt Yoongi’s words for a moment. He knows it’s not going to be perfect; they may fight along the way and it’s going to take a lot of effort, but if Yoongi wants to do it, Jimin does, too. He wants to try.

“Okay,” Jimin answers softly. Slowly, he presses soft kisses all over Yoongi’s face. Starting on his nose, he kisses Yoongi’s cheeks, letting his lips linger a little before kissing his fluttering eyes, pressing a long kiss to his forehead before finishing with a chaste kiss against his lips.

“It won’t be easy, but I’m going to do my best to make this work,” he says against Yoongi’s soft cheek, “It’ll be okay.”

Yoongi smiles softly, dropping a kiss on Jimin’s lips before whispering, “I’m going to stay by your side, as long as you’ll have me.”

“Does the rest of our lives work for you?” Jimin teases gently, smiling.

A low rumbling laughter comes out of Yoongi, “I’ll check my schedule.”

Jimin smacks Yoongi before a thought pops into his head, “Are Namjoon and Jin imprints?”

Yoongi laughs, “Yeah. We didn’t know what was going on but Namjoon literally wouldn’t shut up about Jin. Two months later they were mated and acting like they’ve been married all their lives. It was a little sickening at first,” he makes a dramatic disgusted face, making Jimin laugh, “they’ve calmed down a little, but not too much— as I’m sure you’ve noticed.”

Jimin laughs, but he can picture it. Namjoon’s besotted face staring at Jin, not unlike he does now, with a grumpy Yoongi tagging along. It’s too amusing for words.

“Are Taehyung and Jeongguk imprints too?” he asks, remembering Taehyung’s confession.

I’ve loved him since the moment I saw him, and that’s weird I know, but it is what it is.

Yoongi shrugs, “I dunno, maybe?”

“It’s just, something he said, you know?” Jimin mutters to himself, “Is it always a romantic love? Or, like…” His voice trails off as he tries to think about it. Jimin himself didn’t love Yoongi at first sight. It was a gradual feeling that grew over time.

“No, not always,” he replies, easily, “the imprint grows as your feelings do. Taehyung could probably explain it better, but I know that the bond doesn’t always end with mates. It’s like— soulmates aren’t always lovers, you know? Your best friend could be your soulmate, that kind of thing.”

Jimin hums in acknowledgment, “That makes sense. I didn’t love you at first sight. I just wanted to know you. It grew as I started to get to know you?”

“Exactly like that,” Yoongi affirms, “I just knew I wanted to protect you.”

Jimin blushes, pleased and shy all at once. Not knowing what else to say, he cuddles in closer and sighs. He’s a little exhausted from the emotional rollercoaster that he just suffered through. There’s a lightness in his chest that wasn’t there before. It’s going to take time and effort, but he gets it. He understands Yoongi a bit better now, what his reservations are. He’ll do his best to remind himself that Yoongi will always protect him, even if there’s nothing to be protected from.

He doesn’t know how long they lie there, much too content to lie in silence as they enjoy their time together. Yoongi’s solid presence behind him reminds him that it’s okay. They’re okay. It was just a misunderstanding. Neither of them were clear with what they meant or what they said.

As Jimin thinks of the future, of what they may have later, his heart fills with hope. That future, of coming home to Yoongi and being in his arms every day, seems so much realer. Tangible. He wants it so bad he can taste it, but he can wait. They’ll work for it and get there together.

Jimin loses track of time, lying there happily and getting his head straight again in between light naps. Out of nowhere Yoongi suddenly groans and buries his face in Jimin’s throat. Startled, Jimin freezes and he’s about to ask what’s wrong, but he hears the sound of a car parking outside. It doesn’t take him long before he hears Taehyung yelling something as he enters his house and walks up the stairs.

“I see you two have pulled your heads out of your asses,” Taehyung says as he walks in, but Jimin can see the way he relaxes as soon he looks at them, “We’re still going camping, though, so be downstairs in ten.”

Taehyung looks at Jimin with a questioning smile, as if making sure he’s okay. Love for his friend blooms in his chest. He cares about them so much, he can’t ever thank them enough. He doesn’t want to know what it would be like to not have them in his life. Any of them.

He gives Taehyung the biggest grin he can manage, hoping to convey all of his feelings in one big gesture. He gives them one final nod before turning and walking out of the room, giving them space and time to get ready.

Jimin and Yoongi lie there for a second before Jimin sighs and pulls himself away, “I need to go take a quick shower but I’ll be right out,” he explains. He takes the fastest shower in history, scrubbing himself as much as possible as he tries to wash away the horrible night.

He emerges from the steam clean and refreshed, but he’s surprised to see Yoongi going through his drawers, sniffing through stuff.

“What are you doing?” Jimin asks, overly amused by the confused expression on his face.

“I wanted to help you pack,” Yoongi offers sheepishly, “But I can’t find the clothes you like wearing?”

What a dork.

“That’s because I haven’t done laundry in forever,” he explains, overly fond, “What’s left is what I literally never wear.” He’s touched that Yoongi would try to help, even if he didn’t really do much.

Yoongi hums before raising his eyebrow, “That’s what you get.”

Jimin rolls his eyes and throws whatever he can reach into the bag Yoongi had laid out. Taehyung only rushes them one more time before they make it into the truck and pile in. He fights nausea as Taehyung drives like a madman over the twists and turns. He’s never going to let Taehyung drive him up to the campsite ever again.

“I swear my stomach is somewhere back there,” Jimin groans as he rolls out of the Jeep, resting his head on the cool metal. He takes a moment to get his head straight and he ignores Taehyung’s cackling. He doesn’t look up until he hears a low growl from behind him before he’s being nudged at his sides.

Jimin smiles as he turns, enjoying the sight of Yoongi’s beautiful black form. He’s never going to get over how beautiful he is.

“He’s fine, stop fussing and help me unload,” Taehyung complains, breaking Jimin out of his train of thought.

He laughs at how human Yoongi sounds, grumbling and whining, clearly annoyed with Taehyung. Jimin nuzzles his face a little before pulling away and grabbing his stuff. Yoongi helps Jimin up the mountain, just like the first time. He rubs his face all over Yoongi’s fur in thanks, nuzzling in and smiling when Yoongi rumbles happily as they both enjoy the proximity.

They join the rest of the pack quickly and the slightly stiff atmosphere dissolves to laughter and talk, catching up and relaxing next to the campfire. Yoongi is never far from Jimin. He doesn’t know if it’s because he’s aware of the bond now, but he doesn’t have to see Yoongi to know that he’s there. He draws comfort from Yoongi’s reassuring presence. After the hunt, Yoongi phases back and practically drapes his body over Jimin. He giggles and tries to fight him off, but he doesn’t give it any real effort.

That night around the campfire, Yoongi holds Jimin, hooking his chin over his shoulder and rumbling softly as the others chat around them. Jimin laughs along with Hoseok and cheers Jeongguk on as he wrestles with Taehyung. He’s grinning as he watches them roll all over the ground, neither seeming too invested in ending the tumble.

Yoongi laughs too, his body shaking with his chuckles behind Jimin. He doesn’t know who’s going to win between the two— Taehyung has a little more length in his limbs, but Jeongguk has the muscle mass to force Taehyung down with one fell swoop if he’s fast enough to have an opening.

He doesn’t know what changes, what drives Taehyung, but before Jimin can decipher what’s going on, Taehyung is on his back. Jimin watches entranced as the triumphant look on Jeongguk’s face changes, morphs into something different and much more intense. He can feel Yoongi hold his breath as they all watch Taehyung’s next move.

He surprises them all.

Eyes trained on Jeongguk, Taehyung tilts his head and bares his neck. Jeongguk’s eyes flash gold before he leans down and bites him, drawing a practically pornographic groan out of Taehyung’s throat. Yoongi’s arms tighten around Jimin’s form as Jimin grips Yoongi’s wrist, unable to take his eyes off the two.

Taehyung’s fingers lace into Jeongguk’s hair, keeping him there, while his other arm wraps itself around Jeongguk’s hips. Jimin’s jaw drops as he watches, horribly entranced as the two grind against each other. He doesn’t want to watch, he really doesn’t need to see his friends doing whatever that is, but he can’t take his eyes away.

He watches with bated breath, eyes trained on Taehyung as he pulls Jeongguk’s hair just enough to get him to look up. It’s enough. Taehyung’s lips are on Jeongguk, drawing groans out of them both.

“Okay, that’s enough,” he hears Yoongi whisper before he moves, taking Jimin with him. He sees the other three retreat as well, but Yoongi takes him to the nearby river, holding his hand. Jimin giggles the whole way, muffling it with his clothed hand as much as he can, leaning into Yoongi and letting him lead them.

“I can’t believe that just happened,” Jimin laughs as they walk up to the riverbank, “That was not how I was expecting that to end.”

Yoongi winces before wrinkling his nose, “You should have smelled them, you would have known it then.”

Jimin rolls his eyes with an easy chuckle as he sits down on the rocks. He’s happy for his best friend, that was a long time coming.

“Shut up, you know you’re happy that they’re together,” he quips as Yoongi sits behind him. Unsurprisingly, he just grumbles something under his breath before nuzzling into Jimin’s neck.

Jimin sighs happily as he leans back into Yoongi and closes his eyes, enjoying the night air. Thankfully, it’s not too cold out, allowing Jimin to enjoy the night without shivering. It’s nice, Yoongi’s warmth with the fresh breeze, he feels the tension of the day wash away, leaving Jimin feeling lighter.

Yoongi’s nuzzles turn into soft kisses up and down the column of Jimin’s neck. He leans his head back, resting it on Yoongi’s shoulder, giving him all the space he wants to lavish Jimin’s neck with attention.

Jimin sighs happily, content to let Yoongi do as he pleases while he relaxes. They don’t get too much time alone like this, knowing that they’re not going to be interrupted. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t like being with the pack, but he loves being with Yoongi too. It’s hard, balancing the two, making sure that the pack doesn’t feel left out, but also spending time with his boyfriend.

Jimin turns his head slightly and presses a small kiss to whatever part of Yoongi he can reach. He wants Yoongi to sit up and kiss his lips.

Yoongi somehow manages to get the message, sitting up and pressing his lips to Jimin’s. Humming into the kiss happily, Jimin cups Yoongi’s jaw and leans into it, parting his lips and licking his way into Yoongi’s mouth.

It’s been too long since he’s had this, since he’s kissed Yoongi deep and languid. There’s a light heat building in gut, but Jimin ignores it as much as he can in favor of enjoying the warm pressure of Yoongi’s lips on his own. No matter how many times they have kissed, it still makes Jimin’s heart flutter in his chest, excitement and happiness rolling through him.

A soft nip at his bottom lip sends a pleasured shiver through Jimin’s body. He’s missed this. A soft whine makes its way past his lips, but it’s muffled by Yoongi’s wet lips. Jimin pulls back softly, dropping butterfly kisses on Yoongi’s lips before he can manage to convince himself to sit up.

Jimin turns to face Yoongi, “We should head back, make sure they’re not fucking on the ground or something equally as scarring,” he mumbles, staring at Yoongi’s spit-slick lips. They may be thin, but the way they puff up after just a little attention is intoxicating.

Jimin’s eyes follow the movement he sees, watching Yoongi’s tongue lick his lips carefully.

He doesn’t know who leans in first, but their lips meet again. Yoongi groans as their lips touch, inhaling sharply as Jimin flicks his tongue out to tease his way in. Something changes then, Yoongi’s arms wrapping around Jimin’s hips and pulling him onto his knees and closer.

Jimin lets himself get pulled forward, looping his arms around Yoongi’s neck and climbs onto his lap. Brilliant jolts of pleasure shoot through his body as they kiss, Yoongi’s mouth working him into a pliant mess on his lap. Jimin grips Yoongi’s hair with one hand and lets the other cling to his shirt as he presses them together, whining as the grip around his waist tightens almost painfully.

They pull apart, leaving Jimin panting out of breath and heart hammering in his chest. Their noses bump together softly before Yoongi lets his nose trace his way down Jimin’s neck. He nips and sucks at the skin, dismantling Jimin until he’s withering in Yoongi’s lap.

“Oh my— Yoongi,” he whines, dick twitching in his pants as Yoongi bites down on his neck, surely leaving marks all over. The sting of Yoongi’s teeth on his neck hurts, but it sends delicious tingles down Jimin’s spine. It hurts so good, and paired with the way he grinds his way down onto Yoongi, his gut clenches.

Baby,” Yoongi groans, breathing into his neck, “god, you smell so good.” The small puffs of air from his words makes the fine hairs on Jimin’s neck stand on end, shivering a little.

Yoongi noses his way back up to Jimin’s lips, but this time slower— not as hurried, but just as hot. The cold air of the night starts to get to him, though, cooling the heat in his gut and allowing him to slow the kiss. He knows that he doesn’t want this to escalate, at least not while they’re next to a river and without anything to smooth things along.

It takes them a few attempts before they separate, but eventually they make their way back to camp. Thankfully, Jeongguk and Taehyung are phased and curled up around each other, ready for sleep rather than defiling the ground.

“Go in, I’ll meet you in a second,” Yoongi says, nudging Jimin into the cave.

The cave is set up as before. He sets out his blanket next to the lantern as the others pad in. He scratches Hoseok’s ears, getting him under his muzzle just the way he loves and ruffling his scruff.

Jimin laughs as Hoseok collapses at his feet, offering up his belly for a rub. He’s more and more like a dog, laying there with his tongue out as Jimin scratches him everywhere, giggling as they mess around.

It’s not until Yoongi trots in with Namjoon and Jin at his heels that Jimin stops. His hand is a bit sore from all of the scratching he did, but as he curls into Yoongi, he offers some ear scratches too. He loves the pleased sounds that Yoongi rumbles.

The next day, they go on a run. Jimin on Yoongi’s back as they race through the terrain. There are more and more animals with the coming of spring, and Jimin takes the time to admire nature coming alive around him.

Yoongi’s particularly affectionate, nudging and goading Jimin into a playful game of tag that Yoongi very obviously lets Jimin win. It’s fun, anyway, tackling Yoongi down to the ground and tumbling into the grass. Jimin giggles as Yoongi licks his face and complains about dog slobber. It only spurs another game of tag, but this time Yoongi is the one chasing after Jimin.

It’s unsurprisingly exhausting. Jimin returns to camp only to fall asleep. He wakes up to Taehyung poking his side, demanding one on one time. Grumbling, Jimin follows Taehyung away from the campsite and into the forest

“I’m proud of you,” Jimin says with a large smile after a while of walking, bumping his shoulder with Taehyung’s.

Taehyung has the biggest smile on his face even if he is blushing and it makes Jimin smile, “Yeah,” he whispers, “I wasn’t expecting it to end like that.”

Jimin laughs and ruffles Taehyung’s hair, “That makes two of us.”

They laugh and tease as they gather wood, throwing berries at each other while pretending to be in a fierce battle. Unsurprisingly, they don’t gather wood until the sun starts to set.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Jimin asks once they’ve calmed down.

“Yeah, what’s up?” Taehyung replies a little ways away.

Jimin kills time by gathering wood, “Um, is there a reason why Yoongi is being more affectionate?”

His eyes widen as he realizes how that could be misconstrued, “Not that I don’t like it!” he amends quickly, “It’s super cute actually, but I’m just curious to know what changed?”

Jimin loves how tactile Yoongi has become. At first he thought it was due to their talk, maybe Yoongi just wanted to reassure himself or something. But as it continued, Jimin realized it was almost like second nature.

“Wolves are more affectionate by nature,” Taehyung shrugs, “He was probably holding himself back.”

Warmth fills Jimin, making him blush and look down shyly. That would make sense, judging by their behavior as a whole.

“Oh,” he says softly.

Taehyung clears his throat and draws Jimin’s attention, “Did something change?”

Jimin chuckles lightly as he runs his free hand through his hair, “Yeah.”

Taehyung stays quiet and stares at Jimin probingly, waving his hand in the air urging Jimin forward, “He, uh, said I was his imprint?” Taehyung’s eyes widen as he grins, “And we talked about uh, about being, um, mates?”

“Holy shit.”

Jimin feels himself grin so hard his cheeks actually hurt. The fact that he can talk about this, with someone who understands the implications, makes him so ridiculously happy. He wants to gush, wants to show off. He wants to be Yoongi’s mate and he wants the whole world to know it.

“Yeah,” he replies softly, too pleased to say anything else.

“I’m so happy for you, Jiminie,” Taehyung replies, walking forward. He drops all the wood in his arms and pulls Jimin into a back-hug. Jimin’s eyes widen in surprise and he drops his own wood to turn and hug Taehyung back.

“I guess we both got our happy endings, huh?” He says against Taehyung’s shoulder.

They linger in the hug before separating, both grinning happily, “Jeongguk is my imprint,” he says with a proud smile, looking down at the ground before back at Jimin.

“I’m glad you two finally worked things out, Taehyungie,” Jimin replies, happy that his best friend finally acted on his feelings, ruffling his hair, “It’s about time.”

Taehyung sticks his tongue out, “I had legitimate drawbacks, okay,” he whines.

Jimin just laughs as he picks up his wood. They bicker playfully as they head back, chastised for taking so long by Jin while Namjoon gets started on starting up the fire.

Yoongi holds Jimin as they loiter around, not really doing much besides watching the way Jin cuts the meat and cooking it. Jimin’s amazed by the way Jin doesn’t even flinch as he’s cutting into the raw meat, bloody and full of entrails. Every move is precise, efficient and clearly practiced.

It takes surprisingly little time to cook and eat until they’re full. As per usual, Jimin watches them in wonder as they pack away more food than Jimin thought possible. Jeongguk cutely offers Taehyung food and Jimin elbows Yoongi excitedly. They share an amused look before Yoongi shoves another piece of meat into Jimin’s mouth before telling Jimin to eat more and worry about others less.

Yoongi doesn’t stop feeding him, but Jimin doesn’t have the heart to refuse. He likes being pampered, likes being taken care of too much to complain. Naturally, he ends up too full, feeling like he’s about to explode. The heaviness in his stomach grows and soon enough, he’s fighting to keep his eyes open.

That night, Jimin falls asleep in Yoongi’s arms, surrounded by his friends and listening to soft conversations all around him. He doesn’t wake up when Yoongi picks him up or when he settles them both on the sleeping bag.

He sleeps through the night and wakes up with the warm rays of sunshine on his face. Warm in Yoongi’s arms, he nuzzles in closer and smiles as he notices they’re alone in the cave. He kisses Yoongi awake, soft chaste press of lips. Yoongi sighs sleepily into the kisses, rubbing their noses together before returning to his lips. It gets a little more heated than he had originally wanted, too much tongue and teeth for him to keep his hips still, but he doesn’t complain. Not with the way Yoongi groans deliciously with each roll of his hips.

At least he doesn’t complain until Hoseok dumps water on them. Then he complains rather loudly.

“Sorry, it sounded like you two were thirsty,” he quips before running out, a shit-eating grin on his face.

“He’s going to die.” Yoongi deadpans.

 

Notes:

things got better! sorry about the slight bout of angst >.>

Chapter 8

Notes:

i blushed a lot when i was writing this, i hope you all enjoy this

Chapter Text

Things go back to normal after that. Yoongi worries too much over Jimin’s workload and makes sure that Namjoon helps him out. It would be cute if he doesn’t insist on Jimin getting a head start on everything and cutting his free time in half.

They bicker over little things; Yoongi sleeping too much and Jimin being too loud, but it all feels so normal it makes Jimin’s heart hurt in the best way possible. More and more of his stuff starts to move to Yoongi’s room; a change of clothes turns into several outfits, his toothbrush turns into all kinds of hair products that Jimin doesn’t think should even be there because he uses Yoongi’s anyway, but he’s too endeared by how hard Yoongi tries.

Jimin freaks out for Yoongi’s birthday, putting in probably too much effort, but he loves the way Yoongi smiles. The earphones he gets Yoongi are exactly the ones he had been lusting after for a while, and even though they made a significant dent in his wallet, Yoongi doesn’t go anywhere without them. At least they’re used well.

Yoongi develops the habit of feeding Jimin at any and all occasions. It’s cute, and Jimin feeds Yoongi too, but he has to put a stop to it the closer they get to the graduation performance.

Namjoon wants to throw Hoseok a graduation party, but it’s really Jin that plans it all. He sends them all out on errands, making sure that everything is done perfectly. Taehyung somehow manages to keep Hoseok busy the whole day they planned— oblivious, and when the two get home, Hoseok honest to god cries in excitement.

Yoongi takes pictures, too many probably, but they’re all so beautiful and full of joy Jimin questions why he doesn’t spend more time with photography. Jin somehow manages to get a video from his parents, celebrating and excited for his graduation. They all cry as they watch, Hoseok’s face turning a blotchy shade of red and prompting a large puppy pile with a grinning Hoseok in the center.

Thankfully the party is on the weekend before graduation, allowing them all time to prepare for the event itself. Jimin spends the days leading up practicing, working with Hoseok, the class, and alone until he can do it in his sleep. He wants to get it right. It’s beautiful and it tells the story of their struggles as students. He wants to do it justice.

But, more than anything, he knows Yoongi is going to be in the audience. He wants to impress Yoongi. He’s never watched Jimin perform, and it creates a new level of worry that he hadn’t felt before. He wants to show off his skills.

Thankfully, everything goes perfectly. The top is black and flowy, allowing his movements to be smooth and controlled just the way he had practiced. He nails the routine down perfectly, hitting each movement on time and landing his jumps flawlessly. He’s incredibly proud of himself, knowing that it was probably the best he could have done. It’s good to know that months of working on the same thing, over and over again, paid off.

As soon as he’s done with the performance, he runs backstage excitedly with everyone else. He starts to look around, trying to think where he’s going to find Yoongi, only to find his boyfriend standing in the middle of all the chaos—a beautiful bouquet of flowers in his arms, watching him intensely. Adrenaline pumping through his veins, Jimin jogs over with a bright grin on his face. Wordlessly, Yoongi offers the bouquet and Jimin pulls him into a hug.

“Thank you,” Jimin whispers into Yoongi’s ear, lips brushing over the sensitive skin. He lingers, feeling the way Yoongi shudders and has to bite his lip to keep himself from saying anything else.

Arousal shoots through him as soon as he hears Yoongi’s raspy voice groan, a clear warning, “Jimin.”

Before he has the chance to pull away and tease some more, Yoongi grabs Jimin’s wrist and pulls him forward. Jimin just yelps in surprise before his feet scramble to catch up. They weave through people and find themselves in an empty hallway. Jimin doesn’t have time to look around before his back is pressed against the wall and Yoongi is on him.

“Fuck, baby,” he groans into Jimin’s mouth, “You look so fucking good,” biting his way into Jimin’s mouth, “So beautiful up there, I’m so proud of you.”

Jimin whines, muffled by Yoongi’s lips, but his hips arch up, spreading his legs so that Yoongi can slide a thigh between his own. He’d hoped that Yoongi would like the outfit. The pants are a bit uncomfortable, he’ll admit, but they’re practically painted on to make his ass look amazing. Pleasure ripples through him with the knowledge that Yoongi likes them, that Jimin made him want Jimin so much he can’t wait to touch him.

He can feel Yoongi hardening in his pants, twitching to life with each desperate grind.

“Did you want everyone to see you?” Yoongi whispers as he trails his way down Jimin’s neck, “To see how beautiful you are?” Unlike his words, the kisses he presses into Jimin’s neck are soft butterfly kisses that Jimin can barely feel. It doesn’t fail to arouse him beyond belief.

But then he growls, “You’re mine,” before biting into Jimin’s neck, pairing with a hard thrust of his hips and Jimin throws his head back and cries out. His brain fuzzes out as he lets Yoongi do whatever he wants.

“So loud, baby,” Yoongi murmurs between nips, marking Jimin up all over, “You want to be caught? Do you want the others to find you like this, so needy for me?”

“Fuck,” Jimin groans, twitching in his pants and getting harder faster than he’d like to admit. Through all of their work, all of their time together, their alone time has been unfortunately limited. As much as he’s wanted them to be together, he doesn’t want to rush it.

Needless to say, he’s become rather well acquainted with his right hand in his shower.

One of Yoongi’s hands trails down Jimin’s side, groping his ass and brings their bodies together tightly, while the other presses into Jimin’s mouth.

“Open,” he commands. Jimin doesn’t even think about it, dropping his mouth open and allowing Yoongi’s long, skinny fingers into his mouth. He sucks on them, inexplicably eager to have something in his mouth, moaning around them as he rides Yoongi’s thigh.

Yoongi groans, pressing his forehead against Jimin’s temple, shallowly grinding into Jimin, “So slutty for me, baby,” he whispers, dropping kisses down the side of his face, nibbling on his earlobe, “I love how eager you are, so eager, and all mine.”

An embarrassing noise makes its way out of Jimin’s throat as he sucks on Yoongi’s fingers messily, drooling a little with his enthusiasm. Yoongi’s right, after all; Jimin is riding Yoongi’s thigh, hidden away while hundreds of people could possibly find them, countless of people could catch him with Yoongi’s fingers in his mouth, catch him embarrassingly hard in his pants.

Nevertheless, the knowledge makes him twitch in his pants, edging him closer and closer to orgasm. The humiliation doesn’t make him flag— if anything, it gets him harder.

“Only for me, right, baby?” Yoongi asks as if actually expecting a reply. Jimin can’t think straight, let alone say something.

Instead, Jimin hooks a leg around Yoongi’s narrow waist, grinding in harder, losing the rhythm that Yoongi had set, and nods his head desperately.

“You’re such a good boy for me,” Yoongi murmurs before taking his fingers out of Jimin’s mouth, “Be a good baby boy and come for me.”

Jimin’s eyes water with the force of his orgasm, crashing through him like a freight train. He hears Yoongi murmuring soft words in his ear, but he can’t make anything out past the dizzying pleasure. Lost in the fuzziness of his brain, he lets Yoongi ease him through, working their hips together as he shivers.

He doesn’t have the chance to properly come down from his high before he hears his choreographer call his name. Yoongi growls, burying his face into Jimin’s neck, keeping them flush against each other. Jimin forces himself to look at his teacher vaguely and wave him off, hoping that he doesn’t get close enough to figure out what exactly is happening. His face burns hot with embarrassment rushing through him at being caught, but he twitches in his pants anyway.

“God, baby,” Yoongi groans, still hard in his pants, “Fuck, you’re so hot.”

Jimin whimpers, clutching onto Yoongi’s shirt, “Yoongi.

Their mouths meet in a messy class of lips and teeth, rough and desperate. He ignores the mess in his pants in favor of Yoongi, pressing his palm down on Yoongi’s bulge, drawing out a gratifying blend of whine and growl.

“Damn it,” he breathes as he fucks into Jimin’s palm, “I’m going to fuck you, baby. Just you wait. I’m going to mount you, fuck you deep and hard until you’re wet. You’ll be dripping for me, wet like a bitch in heat. All for me.”

“Fuck, Yoongi,” Jimin whines and his spent dick honest to god twitches, his body tightening like it’s trying to come without being able to.

“I'm gonna fucking breed you. Fuck you over and over until you're so full of my come it spills out of you. You'll be so messy, so full of me, you'll feel me for days—” Yoongi’s voice cuts off in a snarl and he bites into Jimin’s throat as he comes in his pants, hips thrusting wildly.

Jimin does his best to work him through it, trying to focus on Yoongi rather than the deep want curling in his gut. Vaguely, he hears Hoseok arguing with someone and Jimin tries to get himself together enough to pull Yoongi off him. It takes several tries, Yoongi clutching him with bruising force but after some soft words, Jimin manages to coax Yoongi into releasing him.

“I’m going to hold you to that,” he whispers fiercely, staring straight at Yoongi. Jimin kisses him quickly, fast and hard to communicate just how much he wants it, before he forces himself to walk away.

 

 

That night they celebrate, dancing in the den like lunatics. Namjoon and Jin challenge each other to a dance competition that leaves everyone in tears and laughing so hard Jimin’s stomach hurts.

Yoongi, the old soul, knocks out on the couch while the others continue laughing and enjoying the beginning of their summer. Hoseok challenges Jimin to a wrestling match, which Jimin surprisingly doesn’t lose immediately. It spurs on more wrestling matches and they don’t stop until someone ends up breaking a vase.

No one owns up to it.

Jimin offers to help Jin clean up in the kitchen while everyone else cleans up the den. Jimin likes how calm Jin is about pretty much everything. Aside from his habit of bickering with Jeongguk hilariously, he’s one of the most levelheaded members. Being alone with him, or at least as close to ‘alone’ as you can get around a bunch of wolf shifters, Jimin wants to ask about mating. He just doesn’t know if he can swallow the embarrassment.

Turns out, Jin had it all planned out.

Jin waits until the vacuum starts in the den to start the dishwasher. Not much after the machine begins, does he approach Jimin.

“Hey, I heard you and Yoongi talked,” Jin says gently. No matter how understanding his expression is, Jimin still blushes, nodding shyly.

“Yeah,” Jimin answers before smiling.

Jin coughs and straightens, looking serious, “Good. I’m happy for you two. I just want to touch base on some things?”

Oh thank god, if Jin wants to talk about this stuff, it’s so much easier on Jimin. Less embarrassment is always a good thing in his book.

“First of all, as a mated pair, Yoongi may act a bit differently,” Jin says, “I don’t think he’s going to change too drastically or anything, but some characteristics will probably become more pronounced.”

“Like what?” Jimin asks, encouraging Jin to continue, leaning forward and absorbing everything the eldest has to say.

Jin shrugs, “It depends on the shifter. Namjoon gets really territorial, but I think that’s mainly because he’s the alpha. Yoongi will most likely get more possessive—”

More?” Jimin blurts out incredulously. Jimin can still remember the Taemin incident, and even though it led to some amazing sex, he doesn’t want to stress Yoongi out any more.

Jin laughs and nods, “It’ll be a different kind, though. I can’t really explain it, but you’ll know what I’m talking about when it happens,” Jin leans back in his chair and looks into the den, “He’ll probably start taking care of you too.”

Jimin blushes, unable to deny the fact that the knowledge pleases him immensely. He likes being independent, he likes doing his own thing, but he loves being taken care of too. Being able to trust someone to take care of him isn’t something that he thinks about very often, but he doesn’t even have to question it with Yoongi.

“He’ll probably start hunting, so don’t be surprised if you start finding gifts,” Jin laughs at Jimin’s startled look but continues anyway, “Wolves, we like to prove that we can provide— that we can protect. It manifests differently with each wolf, but it will be there. I remember when Joonie and I first mated, I couldn’t stop cooking and feeding him,” Jin laughs brightly, “He was actually happy when it slowed down, and you know how much we eat.”

Jimin winces as he tries to picture how much Jin must have cooked. There’s not a single time when any of the wolves have complained about being full, no matter how much food they ate. That must have been a massive amount.

“Yeah,” Jin chuckles lightly, blushing the slightest amount before looking out to the den, his expression softening and Jimin can’t even begin to explain how fond and loving he looks. It takes his breath away.

“It’s intense, I’m not going to lie to you. Wolves are very intense,” Jin says, staring into the den before looking back at Jimin with a gentle smile, “But if you want to, if you truly accept Yoongi, I think he’ll do his best to make you happy. But you have to be sure, Jimin. I know you’re imprints, but you have to be sure about it. It’s not something to take lightly.”

Jin sighs before taking Jimin’s small hand in his own, “I don’t mean to scare you, but I just want to make sure you’re clear about what you’re getting into. Mating is the deepest level of commitment a wolf will give. A wolf will only ever have one mate,” Jin looks down at their hands, rubbing soothing circles onto Jimin’s hand, “Take your time with it, if you want. Yoongi will wait for you.”

Jimin looks at their clasped hands. He’s going off to college soon, but at times he still feels like a child. Thinking about Yoongi, he tries to see if he feels hesitation, if he can see a future with him.

“I don’t want to live without him,” Jimin whispers after a moment, completely sure of his words. He can’t see a future that doesn’t include Yoongi. This town, the pack— he can see himself being here for the rest of his life: coming home to Yoongi, having lunch dates with Taehyung, laughing with Hoseok; he can’t think of anything better.

“I don’t want to live without any of you,” he admits firmly, “I-I know I’m not pack—”

“Jimin,” he’s caught off by Namjoon, who he didn’t even notice entering the room, “You are pack.”

Jimin’s throat tightens as he stares at the two pillars of the pack welcoming him. Namjoon looks like the definition of a pack alpha, standing tall and proud, hands on Jin’s shoulders with their fingers interlaced.

He doesn’t have words to express how grateful he feels; how appreciative he is of their warm welcome. He’s always been an outsider, content to do his own thing. Taehyung welcomed him and brought him into this pack, this family and they had accepted him without any fuss.

Eyes watery, he gets up and hugs Namjoon, hoping he understands what Jimin is trying to say. He’s enveloped in warmth as Namjoon wraps his too long arms around him. He feels a bit ridiculous, he must admit, hugging this ridiculously tall man with tears in his eyes, but when Jin hugs him too, from the other side, he’s too happy to care.

It’s a little awkward, being stuck between their two large forms, but accepts the comfort they offer. They didn’t even question it.

“Why are you two squishing Jimin like that,” he hears Yoongi’s familiar sleepy rasp and he immediately turns his head to look over at his boyfriend. It’s adorable really, how grumpy sleepy Yoongi is, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes while pouting and looking at them curiously.

He’s so gone for this man. How could he not be?

“It’s an a, b, conversation,” Jin says, tightening his hold on Jimin, “so c yourself out of it.”

Jimin can’t swallow down the laugh, to amazed by the childish phrase Jin recited. He’s not heard that since elementary school, probably. Trust Jin to say things like that.

“I cannot believe you just said that,” Yoongi groans before looking at Jimin with a pout, “Now let go of my boyfriend so I can go to sleep.”

Jimin’s face burns a little at his words. My boyfriend. He doesn’t think that he’ll ever actually get over the title, but honestly, Jimin doesn’t think he wants to. The thought of being called mate makes him feel jittery, all too excited for their future.

Namjoon and Jin laugh before releasing him. Jin ruffles his hair a little before Namjoon nudges him towards Yoongi. He goes easily, shooting a backwards glance at the two and thanking them as he’s led out by Yoongi.

Yoongi unsurprisingly falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, snoring softly as Jimin makes himself comfortable behind him. Nose buried in Yoongi’s neck, Jimin falls asleep with a smile on his face.

 

Chapter 9

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Ever since he’s known about knotting, that Yoongi has a knot, Jimin’s been incredibly curious. He has no idea what to expect, and even though he’s heard of it, on a night he knows he’s not going to be interrupted, he decides to do some research.

For science.

Opening up his laptop, he glances around. He feels like an idiot almost immediately. His room is empty, there’s literally no reason for him to look around, and yet, his embarrassment—

“Get it together, Jimin,” he whispers to himself as he opens up the browser and stares at the empty Google screen. How does one even begin looking something like knotting up anyway?

Sighing, he goes with the first thing that comes to mind.

“K-n-o-t-t-i-n-g,” he spells out as he types. The first thing he gets is the definition.

‘The action or craft of tying knots in yarn or string to make carpets or other decorative items.’

Not what he was looking for.

Scrolling down the links, he gets several weird links including a Wikipedia page. Apparently, a lot of people were into reading about knotting but as soon as he reads ‘bitch male’ he clicks right out.

“Nope,” he whispers to himself before continuing down the page. Nothing else heeds any results not related to fans and fandoms. Looking through the similar links at the bottom of the page, he knows he’s probably going to regret it, but he clicks on the ‘wolf knot’ link. The fact that those are linked makes him question his life decisions.

Squeezing his eyes shut, he breathes and talks himself into opening them to see what comes up.

“Bulbus glandis,” he says to himself and does his best not to laugh. According to Wikipedia, that’s the scientific name for the gland that swells during canine mating. He clicks right out of the whole tab as soon as he sees that there's a video.

He doesn’t need to know.

Yoongi is obviously not a canine all the time, therefore it won’t be something horrible. The idea is strangely hot, in a weird way. He’s always liked to leave himself full even after he comes. The thought of Yoongi being in him for a long of time excites him.

He startles as his phone rings, deafeningly loud in his silent room.

“Hello?” He answers without looking at who’s calling.

“Hey,” he hears Yoongi greet him and Jimin smiles brightly before greeting his boyfriend.

Shuffling around to get comfortable on his bed, he stares up at the ceiling before speaking, “What’s up? You never call.”

Yoongi scoffs at the other side of the line and Jimin does his best to muffle his giggles, “Yah, Park Jimin. You make it sound like I’m ignoring you or something. What? I can’t call my boyfriend for no reason?”

A laugh escapes his lips but he’s quick to deny Yoongi accusations, “That’s not what I meant!”

They both laugh after Yoongi gets his grumbles out of the way. Even if his words were teasing, Jimin’s not wrong. Yoongi never uses his phone for anything, too lazy to keep track of it, which means that there’s a serious reason for his call.

“Go camping with me,” he says after a while, startling Jimin.

Sitting up, Jimin smiles, “Okay, yeah. Taehyung didn’t mention—”

“They’re, uh, not coming,” Yoongi interrupts and Jimin swears he hears a shy wobble in his voice.

Giddy, Jimin tries to muffle his squeal before doubling his affirmations, “Oh! Okay, definitely! It’ll be super fun! When do you want to go?” Camping alone with Yoongi is probably going to be different than what he’s grown used to, but knowing that they’re going to spend time alone makes him happy.

There’s an awkward pause before Yoongi’s coughing to muffle his words, but Jimin isn’t quick to catch them at all, “What?”

Yoongi sighs, longsuffering and dramatic before repeating himself, “Tomorrow?”

A bright grin spreads across his face. Trust Yoongi to be shy about being eager to spend time with Jimin. He can be dirty and shameless about some things, yet when it comes to being cute, Yoongi clams up like an adorable clam.

“I’ll be ready,” he says, convinced that his fond smile can be detected in his voice, but he doesn’t give a fuck. He’s going camping with Yoongi alone.

Strangely enough, they’ve never done it before. Camping is usually a pack bonding activity. This is going to be different. Overdramatic as it is, Jimin can’t help but think of it as the beginning of what life together may be like.

“Okay then, see you in the morning, Jiminie,” Yoongi says after a quiet moment alone.

Jimin smiles before looking out the window and smiling, “Bye, Yoongi.”

Jimin sits beneath his window, eyes closed and listening to the sounds of the forest outside. He doesn’t know how long he sits there and waits, but eventually he hears the sounds of rustling around the edge of the forest. Opening his eyes, he smiles.

Slowly, he turns, careful not to make much sound. Sure enough, as he peeks over the ledge, he sees Yoongi’s huge wolf form curl up beneath his window. Grinning, he watches Yoongi for a while. It’s amazing how tightly he can curl into himself, reducing his apparent size by almost half.

His ears twitch with the sounds of the night, the forest, and a few noises from the town itself. When he’s sure Yoongi’s asleep, he creeps out of his room, down the stairs, and around the back. He holds his breath as he looks over the side of the wall to make sure Yoongi’s still there, but he yelps when he sees how close Yoongi is.

“Holy shit, you scared me!” He exclaims, holding his hand over his racing chest.

Yoongi rolls his eyes best he can before nosing Jimin back, presumably inside. But Jimin isn’t going to let this slide.

“Go phase and come up,” he says, ruffling his fur, “don’t sleep outside.”

Jimin walks up and settles in his bed comfortably. He can feel his eyes drooping, clearly more tired than he thought, but he waits for Yoongi as hard as he can. He doesn’t think about Yoongi’s clothes, or lack thereof, until he feels Yoongi lie on his bed.

“You’re not getting in?” He asks sleepily.

Yoongi shushes him softly before nuzzling into his neck and dropping a kiss, “Naked. Go to sleep.”

He doesn’t have the energy to question it.

 

 

The drive up is predictable. Jimin blasts music through the speakers of the truck while singing along, dragging Yoongi into singing along too until they’re both belting out songs. Yoongi loosens up, smiling his gummy smile and making butterflies fill Jimin’s tummy with his squinty eyes. He goads Yoongi into a rap battle that he loses but he loves just how into the music Yoongi gets.  

Yoongi insists doing most of the heavy lifting, setting up the campsite and making sure everything is comfortable for Jimin. He ends up shooing Yoongi away to go get them dinner before Yoongi ends up doing it all. Jimin makes sure the fire is going and their belongings are in the cave before his boyfriend makes it back.

“Yoongi!” He exclaims with surprise, “We’re not going to eat this whole thing alone!” He watches as Yoongi drags the largest buck he’s ever seen. His antlers are huge, looking more like tree branches than anything and the musculature of it kind of scares Jimin. Yoongi must have struggled to get the clean bite to the neck. Yoongi places it at his feet and watches him cautiously, as if waiting for him to respond.

Staring between the dead buck and Yoongi, he remembers what Jin had said.

Wolves we… we like to prove that we can provide… that we can protect.

“Thank you, Yoongi,” he says sincerely after a moment, hoping that he’s saying the right thing, “I’m sure it’ll be delicious.”

Yoongi makes a pleased sound at the back of his neck before sitting down and puffing out his chest. The only problem is, Jimin has no idea what to do with the buck. He’s never dealt with something like this, an actual animal rather than store bought meat. He knows that the skin has to come off first, that it needs to be hung up at night, but he’s never done anything like it.

He stares at the buck quizzically, hoping that if he stares at it long enough, he’ll have an epiphany.

“Here,” he hears Yoongi say and Jimin instinctively scoots over to allow Yoongi room to work. He didn’t even notice Yoongi phased, but just watches him work instead.

The process is messier than when Jin does it. Jimin offers suggestions as he remembers, but Yoongi manages to separate the meat from the rest of the animal relatively easily. Jimin sets it all out on the fire, seasoning it as it starts cooking. It all looks similar to the way it does when Jin does it, so they’re not doing anything wrong so far.

A warm tightness buries itself in his chest as he realizes how domestic they’re acting. Just like Jin had said, Yoongi is providing and making Jimin feel loved and cared for. It takes Jimin’s breath away, heart growing with how much love he feels. It’s all worth it. The hard work, the craziness— it’s all worth it if he can have this with Yoongi.

They dismember the buck while keeping the bones attached as much as they can. The cuts aren’t neat or precise, but he considers it a success for their first time. It’ll get better over time. He salts the meat they’re not going to eat and leave it out in the sun the way Jin does, away from the campsite and up high to make sure it’s not eaten.

Jimin almost burns himself twice and the meat is a little more cooked than normal, but it’s edible. Yoongi compliments him more than strictly necessary and makes Jimin blush far too much, but it’s cute.

They cuddle and watch the fire for a bit until the stars can be seen in the night sky. Yoongi puts the fire out easily and disappears into the cave. Jimin stays put, watching the cave carefully as he waits to find out what Yoongi plans.

He’s surprised when Yoongi comes back with a blanket. Silently, he sets them up with marshmallows and chocolate, feeding Jimin as they laugh and point out constellations they know.

Jimin is convinced Yoongi makes some up, but they stare at Lupus for a while. The stars sparkle brighter than he’s ever seen before, dancing in the night as if only for them. He glances over to Yoongi, and his breath is taken away by how the moonlight makes him look ethereal. Pale skin glows in the night sky, making his dark eyes sparkle and black hair shine.

He’s never felt so special than in that night, warm and cared for by the man he loves.

Licking his sticky lips, Jimin presses a kiss to Yoongi’s cheek, smearing chocolate and marshmallow sweetness all over his flawless cheek. Yoongi’s face scrunches up hilariously, groaning as he rolls over as if hit with something lethal. It doesn’t fail to get Jimin giggling and crawling all over him to press more kisses over whatever pieces of skin he can reach.

The roll and wrestle until Yoongi goes limp and claims being tired, “Let’s go sleep, Jiminie.”

His eyes roll, teasing him about his grandpa statues and pressing a final kiss to his lips before moving to get off. He doesn’t get far before Yoongi’s arm shoots out to pull him back down. His surprised sound is muffled by Yoongi’s lips and he takes advantage of Jimin’s surprise, licking into his mouth briefly.

“Mm,” Yoongi hums, “sweet.” He licks his lips before flipping them over and walking into cave.

“You’re going to pay for that!” Jimin calls after him but lays there for a moment. He stares at Lupus, twinkling away without a care in the world. He’s thankful that Taehyung made his way into Jimin’s life. He’s thankful that he’s been lucky enough to be surrounded by people that he loves and that love him. Everything he could possibly want, he has.

“Thank you,” he whispers into the night.

In that moment, he knows for certain, this is where he belongs. Without a shadow of a doubt, he belongs next to Yoongi.

 

 

They enjoy their day alone calmly, a lot of stolen kisses between hiking trips and games. Jimin goads Yoongi into tag while they’re both human, and he scares Yoongi by dumping some clothes to throw his scent off and jumping out at him. He laughs and laughs at Yoongi’s incredulous face which doesn’t take long to turn into a pout.

“You’re it,” he declares before grabbing his stuff and running.  

The rest of the day is spent lazing around until their stomachs start to complain and they have to deal with the buck yet again. Thankfully, they did all the hard work the day before, leaving the hardest part to be getting it down from the tree. Cooking the meat is easier after the first time and they end up napping with full stomachs.

That night, Jimin wakes up to the cold night air, face in Yoongi’s throat and he has to talk himself into moving. Taking a nap probably isn’t the best idea in the world, but he can’t bring himself to regret it when he wakes up to see what Yoongi looks like, sleeping surrounded by the moonlight.

“You’re staring,” Yoongi murmurs, eyes still closed but a small smile playing at his lips. He startles Jimin and he blushes at being caught, but he leans in a presses a chaste kiss to his lips.

“How can I not?” Jimin asks, not expecting a reply.

Yoongi huffs out a laugh and something that sounds vaguely like a ‘shut up’ before Yoongi pulls him in closer by his hips and rolls them over so Jimin lies on Yoongi’s chest. Their eyes meet and Jimin leans down to press another kiss to Yoongi’s lips, this time a little less chaste but equally as soft. There’s something thrilling about being able to kiss his boyfriend in the middle of nowhere, comfortable and slow. He doesn’t have to worry about prying eyes or people waiting for them.

He sighs into the kiss and when it comes to a natural end, he noses into Yoongi’s soft cheek, pressing a kiss there. Yoongi makes a pleased sound at the back of his throat as Jimin nuzzles and relaxes, resting his weight on Yoongi as he makes himself comfortable.

“Thank you,” Jimin whispers after a moment. There’s so much he’s thankful for— the care he receives, the love he gives, and even the camping trip itself.

Yoongi squeezes his hips for a moment before kissing Jimin’s cheek, “I should be thanking you. You’re the one who’s giving me your time.”

Jimin rolls his eyes and presses a kiss to his lips, “You’re so cheesy.”

They grumble and tease each other before Jimin complains about the hard ground and they migrate into the cave.

They head back down the next day, smiling and happy. Jimin makes sure to grab all of their stuff from the cave while Yoongi cleans up the site. The drive is comfortable and Jimin doesn’t even have to prod Yoongi to join into singing along, busting out in a great rendition of Epik High’s Born Hater.

Jimin claps and cheers Yoongi on as he raps, amazed by how good he is, and kisses his blushing cheek after.

“No need to be embarrassed,” he teases and barely manages to dodge Yoongi’s quick jab, grumbling about attention, but Jimin doesn’t care. He loves how free he feels, how close he feels to Yoongi. They needed the time alone.

All too soon, it’s over, and they’re back at Jimin’s house. Jimin leans over and kisses Yoongi goodbye, lingering a bit before he’s called by his mother. Sending an apologetic smile back at Yoongi, he grabs his stuff and leaves.

He does his chores without fuss, vacuuming and mopping the house while jamming out to Big Bang. He laughs with his mother and they catch up with each other until it gets dark.

He gets a phone call from Taehyung just as he’s about to go to sleep.

“I can’t believe you went camping without us,” is the first thing he hears, not even able to utter a greeting.

Jimin laughs sleepily and rolls his eyes at Taehyung’s dramatic tendencies, “I can’t go camping with my boyfriend now?”

“We’ll go camping without you, then!” He retorts and Jimin can hear practically hear the pout on his face. He can hear Jeongguk close by though, his laugh at Taehyung’s expense and Jimin doesn’t bother muffling his own laugh.

“Tae, go for it,” he says through giggles.

“Don’t believe me just watch! I’ll send you pictures and all. You’ll be super jealous—” There’s some sort of altercation and Jeongguk takes over the phone.

“He’s been like this all day, I think it’s all the smiling Yoongi’s been doing,” Jeongguk says between grunts and he hears Taehyung yelling something but Jeongguk just laughs, “It’s kinda scary, actually. Yoongi hasn’t stopped, and you two aren’t even mated yet. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like after.” Jimin can picture the dramatic wince on Jeongguk’s face.

Jimin grins and laughs as his eyes dart out to his window, “Yah, leave him alone.”

Jeongguk laughs but it turns into a pained groan not too much later. Jimin keeps on laughing as he hears Taehyung complain about the phone and bickering with Jeongguk until Taehyung apparently wins and takes the phone.

“Why haven’t you mated, anyway?” Taehyung asks calmly, and Jimin sputters.

“Wh— Because!” he defends. It’s not that he hasn’t been thinking about it, he obviously has, but there hasn’t been the perfect moment.

Taehyung clicks his tongue, chastising him playfully before laughing, “You should have seen the huge bottle of lube and condoms Jin bought him. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Yoongi’s face that red, like, ever.”

Jimin laughs even though he’s blushing and waves Taehyung off. The conversation derails and they stay up much later than Jimin had thought possible just talking. Jimin ends up falling asleep with the phone pressed up against his face and when he wakes up the next morning, he can hear Taehyung’s snoring on the other line. His chest warms before he hangs up with a smile on his face.

 

 

Turns out the pack does go camping without them. Taehyung, true to his word, texts Jimin and sends a lot of winky faces that make Jimin blush more than he probably should.

He’s right though. This is his chance.

Scrambling out of bed, he showers. Thoroughly. He makes sure to scrub himself until he’s pink and he avoids cologne. There’s a thrill humming under his skin, an itch of excitement at the thought that they could potentially mate.

It’s not even just the sex, a part of Jimin wants to make the commitment to Yoongi. He’s eager to start on the rest of forever with Yoongi. His tummy twists in all kinds of ways, a blend of excitement and nerves building. He wants to be Yoongi’s mate. He wants to commit himself to his boyfriend, his imprint, more than anything. He knows that he’s never going to want anyone else the way he wants Yoongi.

He makes Jimin feel excited for each day, eager to spend time together and learn more and more. He wants to be Yoongi’s, both body and soul.

Just as he finishes throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a plain white shirt, his phone rings.

“Hey,” he answers, tucking the phone into the crook of his neck to use both hands as he shuffles through his beanies.

“Are you free?” Yoongi asks in his lazy drawl.

Jimin laughs, “What, no greeting?”

He hears Yoongi huff a laugh and can imagine the eyeroll that he’s sure accompanies the huff, “Hi, baby. How are you. I’ve missed you. I’m okay, thanks for asking. Are you free.” His tone is completely dry and deadpan, causing Jimin to laugh even if his heart skips a beat. He’ll never admit to it, but— baby, being Yoongi’s baby makes him feel warm and loved in a way nothing else does.

“Aish, such a loving boyfriend I have,” he plays along lightly as he digs through his stuff and fishes out the beanie he was looking for specifically, “But yes, I’m free. You coming to pick me up?”

Yoongi grunts something that Jimin is sure is supposed to be a yes, and he hears the suspicious sounds of a truck starting. Yoongi must have called him while already been in the car.

He ignores the way his stomach flips fondly and just laughs before bidding Yoongi goodbye and hanging up.

It doesn’t take Yoongi long to show up. Jimin bids his mother goodbye before heading out. He greets Yoongi with a warm kiss and they take off. As always, Yoongi looks effortlessly good in a snapback and white shirt, but if he’s perfectly honest, he can’t believe that he gets to call this amazing man his.

“You hungry?” Yoongi asks as they drive off and Jimin doesn’t have time to answer before his stomach growls. They detour to the only diner in town, Yoongi getting way too much and teasing Jimin for his choice of chicken strips. Jimin laughs at Yoongi’s horrified face as he dips his fries into his shake and tries to kiss him.

“You’re such a child,” he complains but Jimin can see the way his lips twitch up into a smile. He can’t hide from Jimin; he loves it and Jimin knows it.

Yoongi dodges Jimin’s weak attempts at kissing him well and scoffs as Jimin gives up, slumping in his room before shooting a hand out and trying to steal a fry. Jimin attributes his failure to Yoongi’s inhuman reflexes and giggles as he curls around his food protectively.

“Heathen.”

Jimin claims to go to the bathroom when they’re done, only to find their waiter and pay the bill. He knows that if he hadn’t, Yoongi would have done his best to pay and Jimin wants to do something nice for once, to not let Yoongi put in all of the effort— or money, in this case.

He does go to the bathroom after, though.

“You ready to go?” he asks after he gets back, standing next to Yoongi.

“Yeah, just waiting for the bill—”

Jimin waves him off, “Already taken care of, c’mon.”

Yoongi sighs but he gets up with a small smile on his face, shoving the last few fries into his mouth before following Jimin out of the diner. Jimin gets a kiss on the cheek for paying, a fact that makes him all too happy with himself, and they head back to the shop. The sun sets as they’re driving over and Jimin ‘ooh’s and ‘aah’s in appreciation of the sight as they drive but all too soon, they’ve arrived.

Jimin takes Yoongi’s hand in his as they walk over to the house, interlacing their fingers. He briefly considers offering to watch a movie, but if he’s honest with himself, he’s not going to be thinking of anything other than mating.

He wants to claim Yoongi as his, and he wants to be claimed by Yoongi.

As Yoongi unlocks the door and throws his keys into the bowl, Jimin approaches him slowly. Yoongi turns to say something but he stops himself as he sees Jimin. Silence blankets the space between them and with each step that Jimin takes, the tension grows.

He cups Yoongi’s face softly and kisses him. It’s a chaste kiss, but as soon as he pulls away, he opens his eyes to find Yoongi’s intense gaze on him. Arousal curls in his gut and Yoongi’s eyes get impossibly darker as he inhales sharply.

He’s ready to take the next step with Yoongi.

They stay silent, staring at each other until Jimin grabs Yoongi’s hand, interlacing their fingers and pulling him towards Yoongi’s bedroom.

He wants to be surrounded by Yoongi, his bed, his pillows. He wants to show Yoongi how much he loves him, to bind them together forever and solidify their bond.

Yoongi lets himself be led, following behind Jimin silently, his grip tight around Jimin’s small hand. Jimin pulls Yoongi into the room, holds onto Yoongi’s hand until he sits down on the edge of the bed.

Looking up at Yoongi, Jimin feels nerves building up. He wants this, Jesus fuck he wants it, but that doesn’t take away that feeling of the unknown. He feels like a blushing virgin all over again, even though he’s most definitely not.

The look on Yoongi’s face tells him everything he needs to know. He meets Yoongi’s eyes proudly, unguarded and he hopes that Yoongi feels just how much Jimin wants this.

“Yoongi, can we— I mean, I want—” he closes his eyes and sighs before looking back up at Yoongi and biting his lips, “Can you— Will mate me?”

Yoongi shakes at the words, fully body shivers as a growl rumbles out of his throat. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, calming breath, before opening them up again. He kneels between Jimin’s spread legs and hold his cheek.

“Are you sure, Jiminie? I can’t — I’ve never done this before, I don’t know how rough I’ll be, or— I don’t wanna hurt you,” Yoongi looks worried, aroused and intense, but his brows are scrunched as his eyes dance across Jimin’s face.

Jimin can’t begin to explain how much he loves this boy. No matter how much he’s already done for Jimin, he’s always doing more. He never fails to put Jimin first, even if it’s something he wants.

“Yoongi, I’m not going to break,” Jimin says, turning his face and kissing Yoongi’s palm, “I need you to trust me to tell you if anything hurts, but I want this. I want you. All of you. I want to be yours and I want you to be mine. I want to start our forever.”

He means everything he says. He wants to be able to call Yoongi his mate. He wants to promise himself to the man he loves for the rest of his life.

Their eyes lock, gaze intense. The love he sees in Yoongi’s eyes takes his breath away. His heart flutters in his chest as he leans forward and kisses Yoongi, pouring everything he feels into the kiss. They undress each other slowly, tracing fingers all over open skin.

No matter how many times they touch, each stroke and each kiss Yoongi presses into his skin makes Jimin feel too much. His heart is in danger of hurting with how loved he feels. Yoongi insists on kissing every inch of his skin as he peels off the layers of clothes off.

Soft sighs and pleased whines escape Jimin’s lips as Yoongi makes his way down his strong legs. He giggles a little when Yoongi goes a playful raspberry into his soft stomach and groans as he kisses the inside of Jimin’s thighs, teasing the skin all around where he really wants attention. He teases Jimin into hardness without laying a single hand on his dick, making him feel loved and wanted.

A rather loud moan rips itself out of Jimin’s lips as Yoongi sucks a hickey into the sensitive skin on inside of his thigh, groaning as Jimin’s thighs start to tremble underneath his touch. He’s teasing Jimin, pushing him closer to insanity with how overwhelmed he feels. It feels good to receive all of the attention and love, but he may explode if it continues any longer.

As Yoongi pulls away, Jimin sits up and pulls Yoongi forward. He kisses Yoongi spit-slick lips, hot and wet, wanting him to feel a fraction of everything brewing in Jimin. Lips parted, he nibbles on Yoongi’s bottom lip until he hears Yoongi groan and his mouth drops open. He licks his way in, humming into the kiss.

“I want you to mount me,” Jimin whispers, “Please, Yoongi. Make me yours.”

It’s as if a switch is flicked in Yoongi. He tenses before a loud snarl rips itself out his throat and Jimin is on his back. It all happens too quick for him to react, but Yoongi lifts him by the thighs and throws them both on the bed, kissing Jimin like a dying man.

"I'll make you mine. You’re going to smell like me so much, everyone is going to know who you belong to,” Yoongi growls, raking his hands all over Jimin’s eager skin, “I’ll make you scream so loud, the world will hear who you belong to. I’ll make you feel so good, baby. Just you wait.”

Heat shoots down Jimin’s spine, making his toes curl and heart grow twice in size, “Yoongi,” he whines, dick twitching and Yoongi, too patient for Jimin’s liking, takes a second just to admire Jimin. He kneels between Jimin’s legs and runs his hands all over Jimin’s body, touch surprisingly gentle and worshiping.

As he lies there, open and bare for Yoongi to do with as he pleases, he watches Yoongi back. He sees the way his eyes follow each touch. He sees how Yoongi nibbles on his bottom lip as he draws a particularly high pitched noise out of Jimin.

Jimin’s back arches as he tries to follow Yoongi’s teasing hand. He doesn’t get far before Yoongi’s comfortable weight covers his own, slotting them together and interlacing their fingers.

“You’re so beautiful, baby,” he growls between kisses to Jimin’s neck, “So, so beautiful— I feel like I can’t breathe. I love you so much.” He kisses his way up to Jimin’s lips.

He feels it, feels Yoongi’s love and devotion through the kiss. There’s a heat, a sweltering desire lying dormant and the taste of it sets Jimin on fire. Yoongi claims his mouth, biting and licking in until Jimin can’t do anything but let Yoongi do as he pleases. He lets Yoongi take whatever he wants.

“Fuck,” Yoongi groans, dick twitching up against Jimin’s. Yoongi rubs his thumb over their clenched hands, soothing the impatience building in Jimin. Jimin’s breath gets caught in his chest as Yoongi sucks a hickey on the sensitive spot beneath his ear and his hips grind up, desperate for more.

“You'll take my knot so well, Jimin. I know you will,” Yoongi whispers as his hand runs its way down Jimin’s chest, flicking his nipple before curling over his ass and hooking Jimin’s thigh over his hip, “You'll take my knot and my cum. You'll just lie there, on my knot, and get so full of my cum, fuck. You’ll be mine forever. I’ll finally be yours.”

Jimin can feel Yoongi’s cock slipping between his cheeks, brushing past his balls and over the delicate flesh around Jimin’s entrance, “You’ll smell like me and I’ll smell like you, like yours. I can finally call you my mate—"

Jimin feels something snap in him, a loud keen ripping itself out of his throat as his back arches and a spike of want rushes through him, “P-please Yoongi, please please, fuck, I—”

His eyes squeeze shut as Yoongi’s finger circles his entrance, too soft to do much besides tease him. He wants Yoongi inside, he wants him in and he wants Yoongi to keep his promises.

Yoongi shifts and his finger disappears, but before Jimin can complain, he hears the snap of a bottle opening, “Hold on to the headboard,” Yoongi instructs, before letting go of Jimin’s hands. He doesn’t think about it, blindly feeling around for the wooden bedposts and holding on.

Jimin watches, eyes hungrily taking in Yoongi’s flushed form as he pours lube on his hand before closing the large bottle and dropping it on the bed. He slicks up his dick, hard and rosy at the tip, before leaning back down onto Jimin.

Jimin wraps both of his legs around Yoongi and moans at the slick feeling of Yoongi’s dick between his cheeks. It drives him crazy, feeling Yoongi so close to where he wants but still not inside him.

“C’mon Yoongi, get in me, make me yours,” Jimin begs, thrusting his hips up, grinding his dick on Yoongi’s soft tummy.

Yoongi just rumbles out a short laugh before squeezing Jimin’s ass, “Don’t be impatient, baby. I’m going to take my time with you. I want to shower you with love the way you deserve.”

Jimin’s dick twitches at being denied as he whines, low and pitiful. Yoongi keeps his strokes slow and steady, rubbing his dick between Jimin’s cheeks, teasing his entrance every once in a while. He trails kisses wherever he can— over his neck, chest, and collarbones.

Alternating between nipping and sucking at Jimin’s sweaty skin, Yoongi litters Jimin’s pliant body with hickeys, staking his claim loud and clear for all to see.

Park Jimin belongs to Min Yoongi.

“You can touch me, baby,” he says before kissing Jimin, all tongues and teeth, too messy to be anything more sophisticated.

Jimin ends up clawing at his back, shamelessly squirming under Yoongi. He’s embarrassingly hard, dick dripping between them. Yoongi pants in his ear, nipping at his earlobe as he teases Jimin’s entrance with a slick finger, pressing in more and more, but keeping the touch light. Jimin whines as the tip of Yoongi’s finger breaches him properly, shivering and pressing back into Yoongi’s hand.

“Yes, yes, fuck, Yoongi, give me more,” he whines, trying his best to fuck himself back onto Yoongi’s finger. It’s not a lot— it isn’t even a full finger, but the added pressure has Jimin gasping, burying his face into Yoongi’s neck.

“Shit, you’re so needy. Such a needy baby boy for me” Yoongi groans, fucking Jimin deeper on each stroke until he’s knuckle deep. By the time Yoongi presses a second finger along with the first, Jimin feels like a shaking mess— a suspicious wetness in his eyes as he cries out from oversensitivity. He’s never felt like this; so overwhelmed and so loved while being teased to arousal at the same time.

“Please, Yoongi, I want to be yours,” Jimin whimpers, fucking himself down on Yoongi’s fingers, clutching his back tightly, “come in me, claim me, so everyone knows who I belong to.”

Yoongi bites down on Jimin’s neck and presses a third finger in, stretching Jimin deliciously. He practically sobs as soon as Yoongi finds his prostate, movements getting jerky as he fucks down.

“Everyone is going to know who you belong to when I’m done with you. Human or shifter, they’ll see me all over you— my marks, my come, you’ll be so covered in me they won’t even bother coming near you,” Yoongi whispers, filthy words winding Jimin up so much, making his movements more and more desperate as he gets closer and closer to coming, “Fuck, you'd love that, wouldn't you? You want everyone to know whose mate you are?"

Jimin can’t say a word, throat tight as his chest constricts. He nods his head as he squeezes his eyes shut and hangs onto Yoongi.

He’s getting closer and closer to coming just from Yoongi’s fingers, from Yoongi’s words, but he doesn’t want to come. Not yet. Just as he starts to feel his gut tighten, he grabs Yoongi’s wrist.

“Wait,” Jimin breathes, voice shaky as he shivers, “Not yet. I don’t want to come without you in me.”

Yoongi’s hands still as soon as Jimin grabs him and they share a look before Yoongi pulls back and sits up. Jimin lies there, trying to catch his breath as Yoongi puts more lube on his cock.

Their eyes meet and Jimin licks his lips before flipping over to present his ass, “Please make me yours, Yoongi,” he says as he looks over his shoulder.

Yoongi squeezes his eyes shut and Jimin sees Yoongi’s dick twitch, drooling a bit precome before he presses himself up against Jimin’s back. He rubs his cock up against Jimin as he buries his face into his neck.

Jimin,” he groans weakly, and when Jimin grinds back on him, he bites Jimin’s shoulder, “I’ll never deny you of anything, baby. I love you so much. You own me— body and soul, I’m yours. I swear, I’ll do my best to make you as happy as you make me.” Words pressed into his neck, Jimin feels Yoongi trembling behind him as he lines himself up and pushes in.

Jimin forgets to breathe, world fizzling away with how much he feels. Small tears leak out of his eyes with how much love he feels, a bright smile on his face as Yoongi enters. He can’t formulate a single sentence, let alone communicate how much he feels, how much he loves Yoongi.

The way Yoongi fills him up makes him feel so good, so complete and whole. With one thrust, heat shoots through him, “S-shit, f— fuck, I’m—” he’s cut off by a long and loud whine. He comes all over Yoongi’s bed, face buried in his arms in embarrassment. It’s mortifying, how quick Yoongi winds him up— but the thing is, he still wants more. He needs Yoongi’s come. He wants to be stuffed so full he feels like he’s going to explode.

“K-keep going,” Jimin groans, grinding back, “p-please Yoongi, please, keep going, I—”

Yoongi does. He moves slowly at first— but as he hears Jimin’s whines, he picks up the pace.

It hurts, he’s so oversensitive and twitching that each thrust hurts, but it’s a delicious kind of hurt. Jimin starts to feel dizzy from it, the sting of pleasure masking the hurt and becoming more pleasurable as Yoongi fucks into him, hard and fast.

“Beautiful baby,” he nuzzles into Jimin’s neck, “My beautiful baby boy, you’re taking me so well, shit.” Fucking into Jimin over and over again, hips smacking onto Jimin’s ass deliciously. Jimin feels too hot, too much and so good he thinks he may cry. He feels a broken sob bubbling in his chest as Yoongi rams into him.

Yoongi straightens behind him, bringing Jimin with him, chest to back as his hips never miss a beat. He grabs Jimin by the hair, arms caging his hips as he buries his face into Jimin’s neck, muffling his groans. Pleasure crashes through Jimin’s body at the different angle, mixing in with the love he feels and the sob that’s been building in his chest bursts out.

Yoongi,” Jimin cries, his cock hanging hot and hard between his legs and hot tears fall down his face, dizzy with how good everything feels. Too much. Too good.

“Shit, you’re so hot, baby, crying on my cock,” Yoongi groans, still pistoning into Jimin’s ass, “You like it that much, baby boy? You like my cock so much, all I have to do is stick it in you for you to come all over yourself?”

Jimin’s mouth drops open, eyes squeezed shut as hot embarrassment engulfs him, making his dick twitch. He reaches back to hold onto Yoongi’s hair and takes it, takes each rough thrust, greedy for more.

“You’re so messy, baby,” the words slur as Yoongi’s grip tightens, bruising his skin, “You’re so tight around me. Your ass is fucking amazing, god.” Yoongi groans before burying his face in Jimin’s sweaty neck, licking and sucking at the skin.

Jimin feels himself dripping, cock covered in come but he’s going to come all over again. Tears stream steadily down his face and his breaths come in hiccups, sobs punching out of him with each thrust of Yoongi’s hips. Blood rushes through his ears, the room silent apart from the sounds of sex.

Jimin hears the steady slapping of Yoongi's hips against his ass, the flow of filth and love passing through his lips, and Jimin's loud chanting of Yoongi’s name. He doesn't think he can string a single sentence together, his brain filled with Yoongi.

Yoongi’s everywhere— in his head, in his ass, in his heart, and at this point, Jimin doesn't think he could breathe without him.

“You're such a good boy,” Yoongi groans, “such a, oh fuck, such a good boy for me. You feel so good around me, so hot and so tight, god. I swear I’m going to make you so happy. I can’t believe I get to call you my mate. Shit, baby, I'm gonna knot you so—”

The mix of praise and filth coming out of Yoongi's mouth makes Jimin’s breath catch, needy and too close, “Give it to me, please Yoongi, please I need it, I—”

Yoongi presses him down, hand between his shoulders, forcing him into the bed as his thrusts speed up impossibly deep and hard. Jimin can't move, face in a pillow he can feel it getting wet. Mouth open, he sobs Yoongi’s name as he feels the stretch, pressure growing as Yoongi’s thrusts become more and more shallow.

“God, baby,” he groans, falling into Jimin, chest to back, “I’m going to fill you up so good. So fucking good. I love you. I love you. I love you so much.”

Jimin’s mouth falls open as he feels Yoongi’s cock swell, pressure growing and growing as he sobs. It’s a lot. It’s too much. It feels fucking amazing.

The beautiful sounds that spill out of Yoongi’s lips make him crazy. The steady stream of whispered curses send goosebumps down his skin and Jimin vaguely registers Yoongi growling. But as soon as his knot catches on his rim, Jimin's world goes white. The breath whooshes out of his chest with the force of his orgasm as he shakes uncontrollably. He doesn’t know if he makes a sound, he can’t hear a damn thing over the sound of his heart pounding in his chest but he feels full.

Yoongi snarls Jimin’s name as he comes, biting Jimin’s neck as he pistons his hips so hard Jimin has to hold on to the bed. He takes and takes all the come that Yoongi has to give. He feels it in him, feels Yoongi filling him up and he lets himself go, lets his body quiver on his knot.

“Oh my god,” Yoongi groans, hips slowing to small twitches, panting and sweating. Jimin leans back into Yoongi, feeling his warm body there. Their skin sticks where they touch, and they touch everywhere. Jimin’s covered in come, sweat, lube, and spit, but he feels whole. Nothing compares to the way he feels, so full and complete.

The small bond that was so light before now solidifies. Jimin can feel it growing and making him feel connected to Yoongi in a way he never felt before. Tears keep falling down his face— he’s too happy, too in love to care about anything else. He feels complete, whole, with Yoongi behind him— in him.

He lets Yoongi rearrange them, groaning and whining when the shift is too much, pulling on his rim and pressing into his prostate. Yoongi makes comforting noises behind him as he lays them on their sides, wrapping his arms around Jimin’s waist and pressing them together.

“Jesus,” Jimin breathes as he shivers, clenching around Yoongi unintentionally, drawing out a groan from both of their lips, “Jesus, I can’t— I feel— this is— oh god, Yoongi,” he breathes, overwhelmed.

“I know,” Yoongi whispers into Jimin’s neck, “Thank you, baby. Thank you. I love you. I love you so much, my beautiful mate.”

Fresh tears roll down Jimin’s face and he tightens his grip around Yoongi’s arms, curling deeper into Yoongi, “I love you too, Yoongi,” he hiccups, “I feel so full and so complete. God, Yoongi— Nothing will ever compare to the way you make me feel.”

Yoongi nuzzles in and whines softly into Jimin’s neck, mumbling something too low for Jimin to hear. He doesn’t need to hear Yoongi’s words to know what he’s feeling. Overwhelmed and connected.

Their limbs remain tangled, sweaty and a little sticky but Jimin doesn’t care. All he cares about is that they’re touching everywhere. Yoongi was right, he doesn’t know where he ends and Yoongi begins. In this moment, they’re one, hearts beating in time as their chests rise and fall together.

They’re truly bonded in every sense of the word.

Jimin lets his muscles relax as he lays in Yoongi’s arms, spent and full. “How long are we going to stay like this?” He asks after a moment, soft smile on his face.

Yoongi huffs a laugh before kissing his shoulder, “I dunno, I’ve never done this before.”

Jimin rolls his eyes but gets comfortable. He doesn’t care how long they have to lie there. He never wants to move. He wants to feel so overwhelmed every time they do this. He never wants to stop feeling whole.

He never wants it to end.

 

Notes:

ah, this made my heart hurt okay

Chapter 10

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Taehyung, I’m going to need your help.” Jimin starts, pulling Taehyung further into the forest until he hits the small clearing.

“What’s with the secrecy?” Taehyung asks a raised eyebrow pointed straight at Jimin.

Jimin looks around, “No one can hear us, right?”

Taehyung shakes his head and Jimin nods, “Okay, I need you to come with me to get a tattoo.” He keeps his face straight, looking at Taehyung with determination. He’s not really asking, he’s telling.

“I’m sorry, what?” Taehyung asks incredulously, eyes wide with surprise.

Jimin rolls his eyes before repeating himself, “I’m going to get a tattoo but I need you to come with me.”

“You don’t want Yoongi to go with you?”

Jimin looks Taehyung straight in the eyes and smiles, “No. Please come with me.”

Taehyung grins, big boxy grin and nods, “Okay, I’ll hold your hand while you cry.”

Jimin makes an affronted noise, pouting before punching Taehyung in the shoulder, “Shut up, I’m not going to cry.’

“It is going to hurt, though,” he reminds Jimin carefully, “Why do you want one, anyway?”

Jimin blushes and points to Taehyung’s right shoulder, where he knows the pack symbol lies, “I noticed you all have them? And I just— I wanted to, you know— kinda show it off? That I’m one of you? I’m so proud of all of you and I just, want to have you with me always?”

He loves the pack, he loves them all. He wants to have a piece of them with him, even if it hurts. He wants to carry them with him wherever he goes, because they’ve become such an important part of who he is, what he will become, he wants a physical reminder.

Jimin spies a glossy look on Taehyung’s face before he looks up, furiously blinking, “I hate you.” Jimin laughs, his own throat tightening just a little, as he hears the wetness in Taehyung’s voice.

“You love me, shut up,” Jimin whispers before hugging Taehyung tightly.

 

 

The day that Jimin chooses is incidentally the same day that Yoongi is out all day to get parts for the shop. Although Jimin loves his boyfriend—his mate—he knows that Yoongi would know the second he gets inked. He wants it to be a surprise. He wants to surprise them all, honestly, but he especially wants to show Yoongi.

His palms sweat as Taehyung drives him to the next town over. Taehyung can’t stop grinning as he drives, and Jimin tries to grapple with the anxiety and excitement at the same time. He wants the tattoo, he wants it, but the thought of the pain does freak him out more than he’d like to admit.

They make it there faster than he’d like, stepping into the intimidating shop. It looks exactly the way he had expected. Beautiful designs all over the walls and a large tattooed man behind the front desk, he feels just as terrified but even more excited. It’s happening.

“How can I help you?”

Taehyung pushes Jimin forward and Jimin does his best not to stutter, “I-I have an appointment at 12:30? For Jimin?”

The man looks down and hums before nodding, telling them both to sit as he goes to set everything up. Jimin fidgets in his seat, ready to get it over and ignoring the buzzing noises of the machines working.

“You’ll be fine. Breathe, Jimin,” Taehyung soothes, a gentle smile on his face.

The man comes back and leads them both into a curtained section.

“I’m going to have to ask your friend to stand behind the line on the floor,” the man says before snapping on his gloves, “This is the design, right?” He holds up the design, the exact same symbol they have on their right shoulder, and Jimin nods his head.

The tattoo artist nods his head before asking him where he wants it. He takes his shirt off and points exactly where he wants it and lies down on the table. The man’s movements are smooth and clearly experienced, he wipes the area down with an alcohol wipe before shaving the area.

“The cream will help numb the area,” he explains as he rubs a cream on his back. Jimin nods his head and keeps his eyes on Taehyung, standing just beyond reach.

Just as the machine turns on, Jimin feels himself tense. Taehyung gives him an encouraging smile and the tension in his body rises every second he waits in anticipation. Surprisingly, when he does start, it doesn’t hurt as much as Jimin had expected.

The process is pretty easy, some parts a little more painful than others, but the tattoo artist's hand is steady and efficient. It doesn’t take over an hour and a half before he’s done. He holds up a mirror to make sure that it looks the way he had imagined.

It does.

Jimin nods happily and it’s wrapped before he knows it. The artist goes over proper care, reminding Jimin not to use scented soaps or lotions, not to wash it harshly or scratch it when the skin starts to itch. Apparently it’s normal for the area surrounding the ink to swell a little, but also keep an eye out for allergic reactions.

Jimin takes the offered piece of paper with detailed instruction after he puts his shirt back on. The artist hands him a business card with an offer for touch ups or in case he wants to come back. Jimin grins gratefully and grabs Taehyung’s hand, giggling as Taehyung nuzzles into the side of his face comfortingly, before following the artist back to the front desk.

He pays, making sure to tip a lot before they walk out. The adrenaline pumps through his body and leaves him shaking, just a little, but he can’t stop smiling.

He did it.

 

 

The next day, Taehyung brings him over to the shop. He lotions his shoulder religiously to keep the tattoo from drying but he’s pleasantly surprised by the fact that it doesn’t hurt. He keeps his clothes loose, and tries not to sleep on it, but he’s really happy it doesn’t hurt.

He evades suspicion by staying around Taehyung, wearing as much of Yoongi’s clothes as he can, and keeping his right side away from Yoongi.

He manages to go two days before Yoongi corners him in the bathroom and demands to know what’s going on.

“I-I can’t tell you here,” he stutters but he’s surprised by how Yoongi lets it go, cautious and hesitant. His eyes narrow and lips tighten, but when Jimin nuzzles his face pressing a kiss to Yoongi’s neck, he relaxes and allows Jimin to exit.

Jimin makes excuses to the rest of them and takes Yoongi home. It’s not until he’s in his room that Yoongi starts crowding him, staring at his right shoulder, because of course he can tell where it is. Jimin hopes that Yoongi’s reaction will be favorable, and before he can question himself, he takes his shirt off and turns.

“Wha— Why are you taking off your—” Yoongi stutters, eyes wide and hands up as if to stop him, but Jimin can tell the moment he sees the tattoo, proudly displayed on his right shoulder.

Jimin,” he breathes, approaching Jimin but not touching a single part of him. Jimin’s anxiety flies through the roof, desperate to know what he thinks, but he also doesn’t want to rush him.

“D-did you just— a tattoo?” Yoongi’s voice is delicate, incredulous, and Jimin doesn’t really know what to make of it. Without his face, the tone could mean so many things.

He doesn’t say anything else though, and the silence is killing him. Holding his breath, Jimin turns and holds his shirt protectively in front of his chest.

“I just—” he tries to explain, looking down at his feet, biting his bottom lip and blushing harder than he probably should be, “I wanted to have you, all of you, permanently with me— you know, be a part of the pack and—”

He feels himself start to ramble, talking faster than his brain could process what he’s saying, but he’s interrupted by Yoongi. He grabs Jimin’s cheeks and kisses him, hard and fast, a deep growl rumbling in his chest.

“I can’t— fucking— Park Jimin—” Yoongi tries to speak in between kisses but Jimin just giggles, smiling and letting his hands rest on Yoongi’s hips.

Just as quickly as the kisses start, they stop. Yoongi backs away and points an accusing finger at Jimin and he feels himself freeze.

“I can’t believe you!” he exclaims, pacing back and forth in Jimin’s room.

He feels like he’s getting emotional whiplash. He thought that Yoongi wasn’t mad, but with his posture now, Jimin’s not so sure.

“When did you get it?” He asks, looking at his shoulder accusingly, “Where did you get it?”

Jimin looks around and smiles sheepishly, “Three days ago? The next town over?”

Yoongi’s expression sours even more, if possible, closing his eyes and rubbing his temple, “That was when I was getting the order, wasn’t it?”

Jimin laughs awkwardly before nodding his head, “I had it all planned out.”

Yoongi throws his hands up, groaning in exasperation before looking Jimin in the eye, “I can’t believe I wasn’t there with you! It probably hurt a lot,” Yoongi whines and Jimin thinks his heart might actually burst out of his body.  

“So, you’re mad because you weren’t there?” Jimin asks softly, walking up to him slowly.

Yoongi can’t hide his blush, no matter how hard he tries as he stares out Jimin’s window, “Yeah,” he mumbles, pouting.

Jimin grins, heart clenching with how fond he is, unable to comprehend how lucky he is, “It’s okay. Taehyung was there. It didn’t hurt that much.”

Yoongi rubs his nose against Jimin's and he can feel calm settle as Yoongis nose trails down his neck. He makes a lot of concerned noises until Jimin turns and lets Yoongi inspect it carefully.

“It’s beautiful.”

 

 

When his tattoo heals, two weeks after he got it, he finally lets Yoongi touch it. He lies on Yoongi’s bed in just his sweatpants, and tells Yoongi to do whatever he wants.

“Are you sure?” He asks wearily, sitting on Jimin’s lower back.

Jimin just laughs before throwing Yoongi an amused look, “Yes, Yoongi. It’s completely healed.” He hugs a pillow to his chest and lets his head rest on it as he waits for Yoongi do something.

It takes him a bit, but after a moment, Jimin feels Yoongi’s warm fingers dance around the area. A soft shiver wracks through his body and he sighs, relaxing into the bed. Yoongi lets his fingers trace around the ink before he places his full palm on it.

“Beautiful,” he murmurs and Jimin blushes, heat curling in his stomach, incredibly pleased that Yoongi praises him like that. Pleased that Yoongi loves it as much as Jimin does.

Yoongi moves around until he’s sitting at the tops of Jimin’s thighs. He doesn’t have time to ask what Yoongi is doing before he feels the flat of Yoongi’s tongue lap at his tattoo. A sharp spike of arousal shoots directly to his dick and Yoongi rocks into his ass.

“Fuck, I wanna come all over it,” Yoongi rasps.

Jimin shoves his face into the pillow he’s clutching and whines, hips involuntarily fucking into the bed. Yoongi runs his hands down Jimin’s naked back and lavishes his tattoo with attention, licking it all over.

“Do it,” Jimin whispers, goosebumps rising all over his back as he shivers. He doesn’t know what it is, but the thought that Yoongi wants to come on his tattoo, to claim it in a primal way, gets Jimin hot and bothered.

“Fuck,” Yoongi whispers. He keeps his pace slow and steady, hips grinding into Jimin’s plump ass as he nips and sucks at the skin, “How are you so perfect?”

Jimin shivers at the words, blushing as he moans and rocks back into Yoongi, helping them both along. It doesn’t take long before he can feel Yoongi’s hard cock pressing between his cheeks on each thrust, easing his way to hardness against the mattress.

The gentle licks and nips get harder, marking the skin around the tattoo.

“Oh fuck,” Yoongi groans, picking up the pace, getting Jimin wet faster than he thought was possible. He echoes Yoongi’s groan with a moan of his own, pressing back and making the pressure better, getting Yoongi closer to where he wants him. They move their hips in a lazy rhythm, but with their sweatpants rubbing between them, blocking direct contact, it raises the heat in his gut. He can feel the material getting moist with Yoongi’s precome and even though it’s not a lot, it mixed with the heat of his body and caressing his ass perfectly. Jimin can feel Yoongi slipping closer and closer to his entrance, where he really wants to feel him.

Yoongi leans forward reaching for something, but Jimin doesn’t care as feels Yoongi’s hard cock up against his entrance and he can’t focus on anything else. Even through the material of both of their sweatpants, the pressure feels amazing, exactly what he wants. Jimin groans loudly into his pillow and bucks back, needing more.

“I got you baby,” Yoongi whispers before pulling Jimin’s pants down just below the swell of his ass. He can’t look back, not with Yoongi’s weight over him, but he doesn’t have to wait to know what’s happening.

He feels Yoongi’s cock, slick with lube, fuck between his cheeks. Jimin shouts embarrassingly loudly, gripping the pillow so tightly it may break, but he can’t think about anything other than the wet heat between his cheeks.

“Oh my god,” he groans before pressing back into it, desperate for more. He’s so hard, his dick drooling precome so much that he’s pretty sure the wet spot is not only on his sweats, but on the bed.

“That’s it, baby,” Yoongi whispers in between licking and sucking on his tattoo, “Just like that. Such a good boy for me.”

Jimin nods, bobbing his head as he keeps it in the pillow, and clenches his cheeks. He wants to make it good for Yoongi; he wants Yoongi to come all over him, mark him with his come, make the tattoo his and claim it, in a way that he never expected.

“Oh shit,” Yoongi groans, hips stuttering before he picks up the pace, going faster and faster, pushing Jimin closer and closer to the edge. Yoongi’s cock brushes over Jimin’s rim on each stroke, not enough to penetrate, but the taste of it makes his skin itch with the need to come.

There’s a flurry of movement and he hears wet squelching sounds before a loud groan erupts from Yoongi’s lips and he comes over Jimin’s back in thick ropes. Jimin whines as his hips rock into the bed as he feels Yoongi’s come covering him.

“Such a good boy for me,” Yoongi pants and it makes Jimin that much more desperate. He’s so close, so fucking close to coming, but he can’t. He’s so hard it hurts, the drag of the fabric getting a little rough but he’s lost the ability to care.

Yoongi trails a wet hand down Jimin’s side and squeezes Jimin’s ass once before slowly, pressing into Jimin’s entrance and he comes, hips twitching into the bed as he soils his clothes shamelessly.

“That’s it, there you go, baby,” Yoongi murmurs as he massages the puckered skin around his entrance, working him through his orgasm, “You’re my perfect baby boy. I love you so much.”

Jimin grinds onto the bed until his dick throbs with overstimulation. He pants into the pillow as his hips slow to a stop, falling pliant as he tries to collect his thoughts.

He doesn’t notice what Yoongi’s doing until he hears the content growly noises Yoongi makes in his neck. His large hot palm caresses his tattoo, rubbing his come into Jimin’s skin. He scrunches up his nose a little, but he lets Yoongi do as he wants, lying there and letting Yoongi nuzzle, lick, and kiss his skin in appreciation.

 

Notes:

//hurls self into the abyss

Chapter 11

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

He accidentally shows his tattoo to the pack on a hotter afternoon.

“Taehyung,” he complains, “it’s too hot to do anything.”

He was insisting on wrestling, itchy with the need to do something, but Jimin just didn’t have the energy. He feels sweaty and gross, as much as he’s willing to do for Taehyung, he doesn’t want to end up with grass sticking to his skin.

“C’mon, please? It’ll be fun!” Taehyung wheedles, lying over Jimin. He squirms beneath Taehyung, instantly feeling like he’s in a furnace rather than outside. Their extra body heat is useful in the cold, he’ll attest to that, but he doesn’t want to die of a heat stroke.

“Why don’t you get Jeongguk to wrestle with you? I’m sure he’ll be happy to,” Jimin tries, wiggling as he speaks and managing to slip out from Taehyung’s strong grip.

Taehyung rolls his eyes, “He’s busy with Hoseok,” he sighs before looking at his shirt, “If you’re so hot just take off your shirt.”

Jimin blanches and looks down at his shirt, “That’s weird, I’m not about to just walk around half naked.”

Taehyung sighs dramatically and Jimin barely manages to catch the smirk on Taehyung’s face before he’s moving too quick for his human eyes to follow. The next thing he knows, his shirt is pulled off his body and Taehyung is running towards the house.

“What the— Kim Taehyung,” Jimin yells, giving in and chasing after him. Thanks to dancing, he’s fit enough to catch up but it’s not good enough. Taehyung sticks his tongue out at Jimin and runs inside the house.

Vaguely he hears the truck pulling in behind him, but he doesn’t pay it any mind, too busy making it into the house and trying to catch his best friend.

It’s hard, he must admit. He doesn’t have Taehyung’s quick reflexes or ridiculously long limbs, but he’s agile.

He manages to corner Taehyung into the den, hovering between exists and watching Taehyung’s every move. There’s no way he’s making it out of the house with Jimin’s shirt, he’s confident about that, but he also doesn’t want to destroy the house in the process of getting his shirt back.

“Give me my shirt back, and no one has to get hurt,” he says tensely, looking at Taehyung as firmly as he can.

Taehyung smirks and pops his hip out sassily, “Or what?”

“I know where you sleep, Kim Taehyung. Are you sure you wanna go there?” Jimin retorts, already planning ways to fuck with him. He can hide his underwear all over the house, but Taehyung is capable of going commando. He can take Taehyung’s chargers but knowing how whipped Jeongguk is, he’ll just share and problem solved. He needs something better.

Raising an eyebrow, Taehyung chuckles lightly, “Oh? You and what army?”

“This army,” Yoongi says coming out of nowhere and startling Jimin a little. The rest of the pack must have made it back home too, which means Jeongguk’s home.

Yoongi walks up behind Jimin and presses a light kiss to his cheek before looking at Taehyung judgingly, “Why are you holding Jimin’s shirt?”

Taehyung sighs and rolls his eyes, “So that he’ll entertain me, obviously.”

Jimin rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out, “It’s just because he’s missing Jeongguk.”

The mildly horrified look that shows on Taehyung’s face is hilarious, clearly overdone, but Jimin knows he’s right. He gets more restless the longer he’s away from his boyfriend.

“Aw, you missed me Tae?” Jeongguk says from the kitchen, followed by the other three members.

“What? No,” Taehyung sputters, looking everywhere but at Jeongguk as he approaches. The younger doesn’t seem bothered by his words, simply walking up to his boyfriend and hugging him. Jimin sees Taehyung squirming a little, fighting Jeongguk’s hold, but he goes pliant quickly enough, hiding his face in Jeongguk neck with a happy rumble.

“What’s that on your shoulder?” Hoseok asks and for a moment Jimin has no idea what he’s talking about, confused by the random words, but then he remembers he’s not wearing his shirt.

“Oh, it’s just— um, a tattoo?” He knows that Yoongi and Taehyung like it, but suddenly the thought that the others would be annoyed, that they would hate the fact that he did it enters his mind. What if he overstepped some boundary he shouldn’t have?

Ah!” Hoseok exclaims excitedly, “lemme see. What did you get?” Walking closer, he pulls Yoongi away so that he can get a good look.

Jimin holds his breath as he waits for a reaction, hoping more than anything that it’s a favorable one.

“Is that—How?” Hoseok’s voice is soft, full of wonder and Jimin hopes it’s a good sign.

Jimin scratches the back of his head and Yoongi holds his hand reassuringly. They share a small smile before Jimin turns to look at Hoseok, Namjoon, and Jin who all have the same incredulous look on their faces.

“I uh— I had a copy made from Tae’s?” He explains, a hesitant smile on his face, “I wanted to— you know, carry you guys with me and I figured this would be a good way?”

He’s met with silence and the constant caress of Yoongi’s thumb is the only thing that keeps him going, “I hope you’re not mad? I uh—”

“Not at all!” Jin says, walking up to Jimin and pointing at his shoulder, “Can I?”

Jimin nods his head and turns his back to them, opening his tattoo up for scrutiny. He liked the way it came out, almost identical to the ones that they all have. The lines look good on his tan skin and Jimin is ridiculously proud to have it. To have them on him forever.

“It’s beautiful,” Namjoon murmurs, closer than Jimin thought he was. They take turns looking at it and touching it before Taehyung hands over his shirt and he pulls it back on.

Despite the heat, they all pile into the den. Netflix plays in the background as they get comfortable on the floor. Yoongi sits with his back up against the couch and Jimin sprawled between his legs. Unsurprisingly, Taehyung demands to lay his head on Jimin’s lap, claiming that his thighs are the best pillow in the world. Jimin rolls his eyes but doesn’t move, allowing Taehyung to get comfortable while Jeongguk contorts his body to lie on top of him.

Namjoon and Jin lie to Yoongi’s left, curled up together and facing the rest of the pack, while Hoseok drapes himself over Yoongi’s right side.

It’s hot and Jimin squirms every once in a while when he gets an elbow to the side but he’s extremely satisfied.

He’s officially part of the pack.

 

 

It’s Jimin’s turn to be curious when he comes home from his first week as a senior in college, to find Yoongi sitting at the coffee table with his mother. Drinking tea.

“What’s going on?” He asks, looking between the two of them.

They both turn to look at him as if what they were doing was completely normal. Which most definitely is not. As much as he loves his mother and Yoongi, they’ve been in the same room less than ten times, and spoken even less than that.

After an awkward silence that envelops the room, he drops it in favor of separating them and getting Yoongi to break.

“Why were you talking to my mother?” He asks, watching Yoongi wearily.

Yoongi shrugs before looking down at the floor, “Just waiting for you to get home. Don’t worry about it.”

Jimin rolls his eyes but promises himself to keep his eye out for any other weird stuff.

Inevitably, though, school ends up taking over most of his thoughts. With college applications coming up, he works hard to keep up with his homework while also writing the essays and taking the tests necessary to get into the college in the next town over. He knows that it’s not the best school in the country, but it has an amazing education program that has ties with kindergartens and elementary schools around the area. If he plays his cards right, he may be able to start working before he graduates college.

He hates being so busy, hates how little time he gets to spend relaxing with the pack, but Yoongi is the best mate in the world. He picks Jimin and Taehyung from school and drops them off at the shop every day, kissing Jimin softly before taking off again. At first he was confused, but every time he comes back, he brings Jimin a cup of his favorite tea with a pastry and a kiss on the head before he goes off to work.

Whenever he needs a break, he watches Yoongi work, glistening with sweat and grease. It does wonders to his overheated brain, erasing all thoughts of school and instead he plots ways he wants to trace his lips down his skin and maybe suck his dick once or twice.

On days Yoongi is particularly dirty, instead of just watching, Jimin wipes his face down with a soft rag if only to see the way Yoongi’s face turning red and huffs, embarrassed of being doted on. He always gets a kiss for his efforts, so he figures it’s okay.

Jimin’s so busy, so used to the routine that he almost forgets his birthday. His mom takes him out for breakfast, buying him whatever he wants while watching him with a big smile on her face. They eat and talk, Jimin telling her about his plans for college and her gushing about how proud she is of her son going off and doing adult things.

“Don’t be a stranger,” she warns, a pout on her face as she pokes his cheek, “Come visit your mother from time to time.”

He vigorously promises to visit dutifully, meaning each word.

His mother ends up dropping him off at the shop without him even having to ask, a bright smile on his face before he promises to be home by the next day. He doesn’t even make it inside the house before he’s tackled to the ground by Taehyung closely followed by Hoseok. The air is punched out of his lungs as he lays there, but he smiles and hugs them as best he can.

“Yah, get off him. We need to congratulate him too,” he hears Jin complain before they get off and he’s pulled up by Namjoon’s large hands.

“Happy birthday Jimin,” he says, hugging him and clapping him on the back. Jin smiles and hugs him too, just before Yoongi pulls him into a hug, pressing a kiss to his temple.

The grin on his face is so strong that it almost breaks his face in half, but it somehow gets better with Jeongguk walking out holding a delicious looking cake in his hands. Jimin jumps up and down, clapping his hands together as they break out into song.

“Thank you,” Jimin says, taking the cake before blowing the candle out. It’s a testament to how excited he is that he doesn’t even flinch when they swipe at the frosting and smear it on his cheeks.

They take pictures, laugh and eat cake before Yoongi is commandeering Jimin’s attention. Jimin’s smile softens, just a little as he follows Yoongi’s lead. They get in the truck and drive.

“Where are we going?” He asks, looking around, but they’re heading towards town, so it can’t be far.

Yoongi shrugs, “Figured you’d be hungry,” he explains and to his defense, he is. The cake, while delicious, wasn’t nearly as filling as he’d like.

Jimin ignores the strange way that Yoongi seems jittery, fidgeting as he drives, and attributes it to the sugar in the cake. He’s distracted by the restaurant that they end up at.

“Yoongi,” he gasps, “This is the most expensive restaurant in town.”

Yoongi throws a smile at Jimin before smiling, “Figured my mate deserves the best on his birthday.” Jimin’s heart stutters, still not used to how happy he feels each time he hears Yoongi refer to him as his mate. He can’t fight the blush at Yoongi’s cheesy words, but kisses his cheek anyway.

The food is worth every penny, Jimin ends up so full he thinks he may explode, but the food was so good he couldn’t stop eating until there was nothing left.

Just as he thinks their night is over, Yoongi drives past the shop and further into the darkness. Instead of asking questions, Jimin lets Yoongi drive in silence. This is by far the best birthday he’s ever had.

The path starts getting familiar as they pull into the abandoned campsite lot. Jimin shoots Yoongi a weird look but he just smiles and starts stripping. Jimin watches the show, a smirk on his face as Yoongi tries to play it up a bit before awkwardly throwing his clothes at Jimin.

He blushes at every inch of skin revealed, even if he’s intimately acquainted it. His eyes remain glued to his pale form as he takes enough steps back to phase. No matter how many times he watches the process it still amazes Jimin, how a man can turn himself into a huge wolf.

Yoongi approaches and lays on his stomach. Jimin reads Yoongi in wolf form almost as well as in his human form, a feat he’s very proud of. It took a lot of guessing and patience, but the bond makes him feel like a part of Yoongi, like he doesn’t even need to speak to know what the other is thinking, even if it doesn’t work that way. He gets on Yoongi’s back just the way he wants and lets his mate take them up.

Unsurprisingly, they end up at the campsite, lit by the full moon.

Yoongi phases back, dressing quickly before patting himself down. It strikes Jimin as weird, but if he thinks about it Yoongi has been awkward and fidgety all night.

“Yoongi,” he asks, looking him up and down carefully, mind trying to work out what’s going on, “What are you planning?”

Yoongi looks around for a minute before sighing and standing behind Jimin. Wrapping his arms around Jimin’s waist, he nuzzles the side of Jimin’s face as they both look at the sky.

“Jimin,” he says after clearing his throat, “from the moment I saw you, I’ve belonged to you. Like the moon and stars that we’re standing under, I want to be a constant in your life. I know— I know that we’ve mated. I know that you’ve committed yourself to me in every way that shifters know, but I want to do the same for you.” He takes in a deep breath, keeping his face in the crook of Jimin’s neck. Jimin’s frozen, too overwhelmed to speak, but Yoongi doesn’t seem to be done. He tightens his arms around Jimin as he lifts his face and rests his forehead to the side of Jimin’s face.   

Jimin’s breath catches as he hears Yoongi’s words, throat tightening as he listens, emotion bubbling up in him until he can’t stop the steady stream of tears falling from his face.

“I want to show you that as much as you belong to me, I belong to you too,” his words are barely above a whisper as he laces their fingers together before bringing both of their clasped hands up so that he can press soft kisses to Jimin’s fingers, “Body and soul. I want to commit myself to you in every way that humans do.” As his words drift between them, he pulls releases one of their hands and pulls something out of his pocket.

As soon as Jimin sees the box in Yoongi’s hand, he turns in Yoongi’s hold and hides his face in his chest.

“What? Why are you crying?” Yoongi startles, running his hands over Jimin’s shaking form, “Is it wrong? Did I do it wrong?”

Jimin shakes his head and as soon as he thinks he can speak he opens his mouth, “N-no, idiot. I can’t believe you’re doing this to me, oh my god. I’m crying all over you, Jesus,” Jimin blubbers, wiping his face with his sleeves as best he can before sticking his left hand out, “Put it on me, please?”

Yoongi stares at Jimin in surprise, clearly confused by Jimin’s reaction but hurries to do it. The ring slips into Jimin’s finger perfectly, cool metal fitting perfectly around his small fingers, and a few more tears slip out of his eyes as he sees the beautiful moon engraved onto the simple silver band.

He smiles, watery and he’s pretty sure there’s a bit of snot running down his face but he doesn’t care. He makes grabby hands until Yoongi gets it and hands him the box along with his own left hand. Before he puts the ring on Yoongi though, he brings it up to inspect it closely.

Yoongi,” he breathes as he reads the inscription on the inside

PJM.

He feels like his heart grows too large for his chest with how much he loves the man in front of him. Ignoring the fat tears rolling down his face, he puts the ring on Yoongi’s finger before pressing a soft kiss to the hand.

Yoongi brings his free hand up to wipe the mess off Jimin’s face as much as he can before kissing Jimin in front of the world to see.

 

 

The drive home is quick. Yoongi carries Jimin into his house and straight into his bedroom.

“I love you,” Jimin whispers as he pulls Yoongi into a searing kiss. He doesn’t ever want to be apart from this man. His heart feels so full, he feels so much, that in that moment, he can’t think of a single thing other than his mate.

They kiss, deep and hot as they undress, tumbling into the bed in a tangle of limbs. Jimin doesn’t know where he ends and where Yoongi begins. His palms run all over Jimin’s skin, kissing whatever part of him Yoongi can reach. Even though it all feels hot, Jimin feels so much, their movements don’t feel rushed or desperate.

He has the rest of his life with Min Yoongi.

They lie on the bed on their sides, back to front as Yoongi fingers him open carefully, slowly stroking his walls as they kiss. Jimin whimpers softly as he runs his fingers through Yoongi’s hair and spreads his legs more, opening himself up as much as he can. It’s easily the most intimate they’ve been, drawing each jolt of pleasure out until every word out of Jimin’s lips is a soft whimper of Yoongi’s name.

Yoongi uses too much lube, dripping it on Jimin’s thighs, but he can’t bring himself to care with the wet squelch that follows each stroke. He finds Jimin’s prostate with ease, teasing and stretching him open easily until Jimin is squeezing his eyes shut and twitching his hips back into Yoongi.

“You ready, baby?” He hears Yoongi ask but he doesn’t trust his voice not to waver, so he nods his head.

Yoongi spreads his cheeks carefully before slowly slipping in. Jimin tangles their left hands together, feeling the way their ring clink against each other and squeezing their hands together. It’s so much, too much in a way he’s never felt before. Arousal burns hot in him, true, but more than that, he feels love in every inch of his skin.

Yoongi fucks into Jimin’s pliant body achingly slow, holding Jimin’s body tight to his own. His thrusts are deep, but they don’t separate more than they have to, maintaining contact in as many places as they can.

Both of their hands are clasped tightly as Yoongi’s face presses itself to Jimin’s neck, lavishing Jimin with soft kisses. “I love you, baby,” he hears Yoongi whisper tightly, “love you so much.”

His eyes water as he hears Yoongi’s words, nuzzling his head back into Yoongi before whispering his own confession, “I love you Yoongi, love you, love—” his voice breaks as he squeezes his eyes shut and allows tears to fall. He feels so good, overwhelmed with so much love, he can’t hold it in any longer.

“—so much,” Jimin’s words wobble as he tries to finish his thought, but it probably doesn’t make any sense.

Yoongi moves their clasped hands until they’re stroking Jimin in time with Yoongi’s thrusts, pushing and pulling until Jimin’s world bursts into a bright galaxy, coming with a low whine of Yoongi’s name.

“Love you— love you so fucking much,” Yoongi whispers, voice breaking as his neck starts to feel suspiciously wet. Yoongi’s hold gets impossibly tight and he comes with a high-pitched whine, hips stuttering as he fucks himself through it.

Jimin can’t stop the slow flow of emotional tears down his face, but he makes sure to keep their clasped hands around him as Yoongi comes down from his own high. Neither of them try to move— Yoongi practically half on top of Jimin, crying softly into his neck as they hold each other.

He belongs to Yoongi. Lying there in Yoongi’s arms, ring on his finger, tattoo on his shoulder, and Yoongi’s softening cock in his ass, he can’t think of anything else but this, having this, for the rest of his life.

“I’m going to spend the rest of my life loving you, Min Yoongi,” Jimin whispers, voice barely staying even with emotion.

Yoongi takes a shuddering breath and curls around Jimin’s trembling form, “You own me, Park Jimin. I will devote myself to you until my dying breath.”

Jimin never thought that he would feel included, that he would feel so devoted to a person in his life— and if he’s honest, if he were to ask himself in the past if he could ever see anything like this happening, he would deny it.

Yet, he still falls asleep in the arms of the man he loves, who also loves him back, with dried tears and bright smiles on their faces.

Turns out that life has a nice way of showing you the bright side of the moon.

 

— End.

Notes:

i'm strangely emotional at the end of this. I went really out of my comfort zone with some of the scenes in this fic and i really hope you all enjoy it. thank you so much for sticking with it and reading it.

Notes:

asdfghjkl

thank you guys so much, seriously. i've grown to love and hate this fic as I worked on it and there are parts i like more than others but as a whole, this is my baby. this is my contribution to bts and yoonmin and i really hope that you all love it.

it was really hard to write, to keep writing. it wasn't supposed to get longer than 40k. i don't know what happened.

i appreciate everyone who stopped by ♡

(also, i've been amazed by the response. seriously, thank you all so much. i posted nessia's moodboard at the beginning of the fic so that you all can enjoy it too, but if anyone else has stuff like this, feel free to let me know and I'll be sure to share it with everyone!!!)

if anyone wants to come stalk me on my twitter it's here i promise i don't bite so feel free to come say hi.

'til next time!

--
Muchisimas gracias a todos ustedes que se tomaron el tiempo de leer este monstruo hasta el fin! Los quiero mucho y espero que lo disfrutaron!

En caso que no lo vieron, la increíble Laura decidió traducir Light Side of the Moon! Muchisimas gracias a ella porque es una bestia que me tomó 3 meses a escribir y ella lo está traduciendo mucho más rápido, es increíble. Porfa, denle much carino, se lo merese!

Otraves, el link esta aqui! Si lo leen allí, hagan nos el favor de votar (?). No estoy muy segura cómo fucionan las cosas en wattpad pero ella también merese kudos por su trabajo!

Series this work belongs to:

Works inspired by this one: