Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Main Fics
Collections:
Got 99 problems but these ain't one, Things To Read At School, Lady's collection of PERFECT fics., Fanfiction 𝑰 Deem Worthy Of The Name, isabella9792_readinglist, Picky, Best, Hearthstone23's Revisit Library, STO works that I want to read, Boku no Hero Academia Fanfics, Multi-chapters I'm watching for updates
Stats:
Published:
2019-06-28
Updated:
2024-01-18
Words:
101,577
Chapters:
41/?
Comments:
1,002
Kudos:
5,006
Bookmarks:
1,214
Hits:
133,443

Seriously Heroes? Yep!

Summary:

Before Izuku was born, Inko found a boy named Tenko and adopted him shortly after he was born.

A few years later they find a scarred boy with red hair and a blonde girl with her hair in messy buns.

Safe to say, Izuku has the most protective older siblings. But when Bakugo makes him have the worst day in his life, they are sure to make sure they cause some hell. All Might doesn’t know what the hell he is spying on anymore.

And what better hell to raise than a middle-finger as they become the strongest heroes to ever live.

Notes:

Hello! I begin this story because I see a lot of stories with just Tenko as a big brother or just Toga and Dabi as his protective siblings. I see a lot of different fits if them being vigilantes, villains, and sometimes heroes.

So here is my take.

Chapter 1: Finding What is Lost, Gaining What is Found

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Inko was so happy.

Her husband got a new promotion a few months ago, but a little surprise came just after a few weeks. She started feeling unwell in the morning which turned into her vomiting, so her husband started worrying so much that he set up an appointment that day and call in sick for her at her job.

What she suspected was only a stomach bug that she might have caught from the ramen place that they ate at the night before turned out to be more amazing. She was pregnant!

Nothing could stop the doctor from the woman basically crying a river in the room at the good news. Later that day, both her and her husband was crying in joy because of the fact that they would soon have a child. They were both so excited. Hisashi even more so than her as he already started to look at clothes and toys starting that night.

She was just returning from the supermarket because she wanted to grab some eggs, noodles, green onions, and some other ingredients for dinner tonight. She was going to try out a new ramen recipe.

But her life changed in that one moment when she heard a sniffling from the alleyway. Curious ,but also cautious, she peered around the corner of the wall that led to the entrance of the alley to see a crying child.

A child around 4 years old crying around a puddle of blood. They had pale blue hair that was covering their face as they wept at they ground.

Inko was worried for the child, and so she approached with caution down the alley toward the child. She was hoping that she could do something to help them. She softly put her groceries down next to the dumpster closest to him.

“Hey, are you okay? Do you need any help?” She asked calmly with a soft smile. The boy was startled at her voice and glanced up at her. Giving her view of the color of his eyes, his red eyes practically shone through the darkness.

“W-who are you? A-are you a hero?” The boy stuttered as he looked at the woman.

“Well, my name is Midoriya Inko. And I am not a hero, but not everyone needs to be a hero to save someone.” Inko responded with a smile on her face before asking. “So, what’s your name?”

“Tenko. Shimura Tenko.” He replied as he looked in wonder at the green-haired woman. “Are you here to help?”

“That’s a lovely name. And if you allow me, I will help you anyway I can. I am going to call the police and...” Inko stated as she started to stand up.

“Wait don’t leave me!” Tenko yelled as he grasped the skirt with three fingers. His eyes started growing misty with tears as he asked, “Stay with me, please?”

Inko smiled as the mother instincts inside started to grow at the sight of the small toddler gripping her skirt like a lifeline. She nodded and said, “Of course I will.” She reached for his hand, but he pulled back very quickly.

“It’s my quirk. It’s dangerous and bad. I destroy stuff with five fingers..” Tenko said waiting for the rejection to show up on her face. Finding no such reaction so far, he tilted his head in question.

“There is no such thing as a bad quirk. You quirk sounds wonderful. You can help many people with that kind of quirk. You can help others just like I did with you,” Inko replied lovingly as she held onto his three fingers in one hand. She crouched back down to the ground near him while she made the call to the nearest police station.

“Hello? Yes, my name is Midoriya Inko and I am reporting an incident. Yes, there seems to be some sort of accident that happened in an alleyway. There is a child here named Shimura Tenko that I am with, can you please send a cruiser to come help?” Inko said into the phone. She went on in detail about how she doesn’t know what happened, but that she is worried about if the child is hurt anywhere. Tenko never let go of her as she went on with the call, he was just staring at her thinking that she was basically his new hero. The two police cars showed up a few minutes later at the scene.

One of the policemen stayed with the two and asked some questions while the remaining two inspected the alley for any clues of what have might have happened. All they seemed to find was blood and no body.

The policeman that stayed with them provided some first aid to the boy’s upper eye area and mouth since there were some cuts that needed some attention.

When the police tried to ask Tenko, he said it was because of his bad quirk that they disappeared. Then Inko was quick to say that it was not his fault and accidents happen all the time. When they were done questioning, they began to talk about what will happen with the boy.

“If it is alright with you, I will be his foster guardian until I can officially adopt him.” Inko started with utmost authority as she held Tenko’s trembling hand. “I would like to keep him safe as you continue the case, but he is still a child that is afraid. We can talk further about this case tomorrow,” Inko said as she picked up her groceries with the other hand that wasn’t holding Tenko’s. “Right now, I am taking this boy home, so he can get a good night sleep.” Inko responded as she walked on with the small child still gripping onto her.

“What should we do?” One officer with bat ears asked the detective.

Tsukachi sighed, “That woman was telling the truth. She honestly is a good woman, and she might have been acting on her motherly instincts from seeing a child be in some kind of trouble.”

The other officer with a hooked nose and beady eyes asked, “Wait, she was pregnant? Oh thank god, that's what I suspected but I didn’t want to say anything because... you know..”

Tsukachi rolled his eyes before heading to the driver seat of his police car. “Yes, she was. She told me during the interrogation.” He thought back to when she said it, the little boy looked confused before she explained that she was going to have a baby soon. There was no doubt his eyes had stars in them when she told him.

Tsukachi smiled softly as he got in his seat and buckled, “There is no doubt that boy has already considered Mrs. Inko to be his hero. And who knows? Maybe he will want to become a big brother to the upcoming baby.”

***

Midoriya Hisashi was worried.

His wife went to the grocery store a while ago for some ingredients for tonight’s dinner, but she hasn’t come back yet. It usually takes her only thirty minutes since the store was small and only a short walk from their home. But it has been close to an hour, and she still hasn’t shown up at the door yet.

His thoughts went on rampage as he paced through the living room. His fire breath spitting out in little puffs of smoke as he talked his thoughts out loud. “Oh my god, I’m a terrible husband and father. What if she was kidnapped all because I wasn’t there? Oh my, what happens if she got hurt and went to the hospital, but they aren’t able to call me because of some sort of accident with the telephone line. What if she was arrested in a false crime? What if- Hi Inko!- she was.. wait a minute”

Hisashi turned back around to notice that he wasn’t paying attention to the door unlocking because there was his wife in all her beautiful glory with the groceries in one hand and a child in the-

Hold up, that’s a kid.

Paused in his mini celebration of having his wife back from what ever he was thinking about, to the child holding on her hand, but hiding behind her legs at the sight of him.

“Hello dear. This is Shimura Tenko. He will be joining with us for dinner and staying as long as he needs to.” The love of his life says as she starts to introduce the child to him. “This is my husband Midoriya Hisashi. I love him very much, and don’t worry he is a good person.”

Hisashi nodded his head at the little boy before giving a small wave at the uneasy child. “Hi there, little guy.”

Tenko responded with a stiff nod still looking at him weirdly.

Inko smiled at her husband before kissing his cheek. “Sorry for the wait. I found little Tenko here and he needed somewhere to stay. I hope this doesn’t bother you.”

“Not at all,” Hisashi responded truthfully.

“Great! Okay, so I will get started on dinner while you two get to know each other.” Inko said while she set the groceries down on the counter. She crouched low to Tenko, “You don’t have to be afraid of him. He is not scary at all, he is like a teddy bear,” she whispered to him, brushing back his bangs from his eyes. She kissed his forehead lovingly before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

Which left Tenko alone with Hisashi.

Hisashi slowly sat down in the couch and patted the seat ext to him. He was expecting the child to ignore him, but to his surprise Tenko actually crawled up to sit next to him, carefully using four fingers to pull himself up.
When he went to ask Tenko why, Tenko said as he swung his feet, “Mrs. Midoriya likes you. And she is my hero, she saved me. Which must mean you must be a good person too.”

Hisashi smiled at the pale blue haired boy. ‘You know what maybe this won’t be so bad!’

Tenko smiled at him, “Plus, you are the one who she loved enough to make a baby with so that’s something to consider.”

‘Say what now? Is that all I have going for me?’ Hisashi thought as his smiling face grew pale at the statement the boy made.

Notes:

Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/passingghostfriend