Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Hero Class Villain AU
Collections:
Tales of Class 1-A, Perfections Fish's read, Izuku Leads the Chaos, i naruto, Got 99 problems but these ain't one, The Reasons For My Insomnia, DerangedDeceiver's Favorite Fics, My hero academia, You haven’t lived if you haven’t read this, Fics that soothe my soul at 4am, General Bnha, Mha fanfics I’ve read/reading, Stories that bring me back, .🌌Thoth's Luxury Library🌌., Ongoing, Days' best bnha finds ⛅, Worth It BNHA Fanfics Reading List - Ongoing, Myra_Approved_Version_of_Midoriya_Izuku, BnHA FFS
Stats:
Published:
2018-11-28
Updated:
2022-09-26
Words:
20,504
Chapters:
10/?
Comments:
1,592
Kudos:
19,026
Bookmarks:
3,591
Hits:
325,711

Hero Class Danger Days

Summary:

The Hero Class Civil War is over, but the shadows cast and the actions taken echo.
Inspiration and new friendships bloom in the aftermath, and new challenges arise to face the Hero Classes of UA, regardless of what side they took.
But while everyone learns and grows, some fight to stay on their path.
While in the dark, things begin to shift and prepare.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes and other works inspired by this one.)

Chapter 1: Wake up, Keyser Soze

Chapter Text

 

“Are you okay, Kacchan?”

Bright green eyes and hair, leaning over him as the smaller boy grinned, holding out his hand.

From his side, he reached up… and slapped the hand away.

“I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP!”

He shouted, eyes shut as he yelled.

And when he opened them, he was no longer sitting in a cold riverbed.

He stood in a street, fire and smoke suffocating around him as the invasive scent of slime washed over him, his arms being drawn and dragged back as slime reached around and into his face, trying to push into his mouth.

He struggled, and out of the smoke and flames, he saw it, a gleaming pair of green eyes, before blinking. It wasn’t slime choking him, but a hand reaching out of a hellstorm of black smoke and flames.

 

It was a black-gloved hand reaching out and holding him aloft. He could feel the thumb and fingers tightening the hollow of his throat even as he reached up and began to scrabble at the grip.


The smoke billowed and he began to panic, before he saw gleaming green eyes, staring at him not with that pity…

 

But with hate .

 

“I should have let you die… Kacchan.”

The voice was cutting, ice cold and menacing.

“It would have saved quite a few people the trouble.”

 

The smoke cleared, billowing not around, but behind, like shimmering black silk.

“You want to be number one? With me around, you will always be…”

 

His gaze began to flutter, black and green seeming to creep around the edges of his vision as that cold face smiled, cheerfully.

“Nothing but a pebble in the road.”

 

Bakugou shot up, smelling the acrid sweet scent of nitroglycerine as his cold sweat hit the air. His sleep shirt was soaked clear through, and the sweat left a dark stain through his sheets to the blast-proof mattress beneath them. Scowling at the mess, he quickly stripped the sheets from his bed and tossed the soaked cloth into a metal pot from under his bed, opening and pouring a small bottle of neutralizer over them to keep the explosive sweat from turning his room into a bomb, before tossing the bottle to join a dozen others in the trash.

 

Grumbling to himself he grabbed a new sheet from the closet and walked to make his bed again, glancing at his phone to see the glaring 2:34 AM on his lock screen.

 

It was less than 24 hours since the end of that stupid excuse for a midterm exam. Since he and his team had lost…

 

‘It was just a dream….’

 

He ran a hand through blonde hair, scowling at the sweat that soaked his hand before sighing and tossing the bundle of sheets down on the bed, before turning to go take a shower to wash the explosives off.

“... Right?”


 

*Bzzzt*



“Ugggghhhhh.”

 

*Bzzzt*

 

A hand reached out from under blue covers and smacked around the nightstand before finding and closing around the buzzing phone.

 

He glanced to see that he was getting notifications from–

 

The group chat?

Fumbling with his phone, he quickly opened the app even as he rubbed the last of the sleep from his eyes.



Hero Class VIllains:

#general-chaos

Drugs: @Kingpin


Kingpin is now Online

Larceny: Listen, we just have to wait for the boss

Hacker: @Kingpin


Hacker: Oh, he’s awake! finally!

Kingpin: Okay, okay, I’m up. What is going on and why am I getting pinged?

ConMan: Not My Fault.

Kingpin: ...Shinsou. I’ve stayed up with you to three in the morning before. You really wanna proclaim your innocence?

ConMan: ...Yeah, I wouldn’t believe it either.

Drugs: KINGPIN! Listen, we were totally talking about keeping the chat open so we can hang out and talk more, and that means that we can get closer to each other despite being in opposite classes and work on even better super combos!

Kingpin: ...And why was I being pinged?

Nightmare: Because you rule this realm of chaos and dark intent with a loose yet iron clad gauntlet of intent and drive.

Blackout: And because you’re the person in the chat with mod privileges.

Kingpin: ...

Kingpin has modded @ConMan, @Forgery, @Larceny.

Kingpin: Go wild. Keep the chaos to a low simmer, and please, just don’t ping me all the time? Its like 5 in the morning and I wanted to sleep in. I feel tenderized.



Sighing, Izuku pocketed his phone in his pajama bottoms and headed to the bathroom. Since he was already awake, he might as well get ready for the day. Class was in just under three hours, a headstart wouldn’t hurt anyone.

 

He was halfway through scrubbing his teeth before he checked his phone again, checking the fairly slow progression of the conversation.



Blackout: sure… actually, who the hell else is awake right now? And why . It is 5 AM.

 

Larceny: street racers outside.

ConMan : insomnia.

 

Hacker : I was fixing all our gear from the exercise!

 

Larceny: ...wait. are you still at UA?

 

Nightmare: I thrive in the shadows of the night…and Dark Shadow wanted to watch the full moon.

 

Drugs: I got up half an hour ago! And felt like watching horror movies. I'm halfway through the first Alien movie right now.

 

Hacker: ...I refuse to confirm.

 

Kingpin: Mei…please sleep.

 

ConMan: wow. That's odd coming from mister ‘no sleep till we make you sleep’

 

Kingpin: shut it gucci-eyebags.

 

ConMan: Fair, but at the same time.

ConMan: Rude.

 

Kingpin: Anyway, I’m off to exercise and fight off my existential dread of confrontation that stems from thinking of talking with my friends who were on the Hero Team.

Kingpin: See you all at school.


Closing the app, Izuku slid his phone back in his pocket and spat the last of the toothpaste out, before heading back to his room. He could get a solid jog in before taking a shower and helping his mom with breakfast.

In the back of his mind, he did worry about how classes would go today.




Monoma growled to himself as he marched through the halls to the support classroom, taking the familiar turn at speed and only barely dodging Power Loader.

Staggering Monoma quickly regained his balance and gave a swift bow. “Ah, Sensei. Apologies, but I need to go deal with my friend–”

Power Loader interrupted his explanation, the engineer crossing his arms. “Hatsume? Yeah, I know she’s here. If you can get her to sleep it’d be appreciated. She’s got the first few periods with me and I’m more than willing to let her rest after her performance this weekend.”

“Ah, thank you, sir! I think I have just the thing!” Monoma rummaged in his pocket even as he headed back down the hallway towards Mei’s workshop. By the time he was at the door, he had found what he was looking for, a simple purple ring with black circles engraved across it. Pulling it on and testing it, he felt the familiar surge of power that told him that he had an active copy. Considering that the General Studies classroom were less than half a building away from where he stood, that was solid confirmation that Shinsou was already in class.

Grinning he stepped inside the workshop, seeing Mei covered in grime and standing on the bed of the ‘Gun-Truck’, the four-barreled turret all but dismantled around her as she inspected the internal supports.

 

Sighing to himself, he slid his hands in his pockets and sauntered around the half torn apart carcasses of several other pieces of gear, including the jet propulsions of Ki– Izuku’s dirt bike. Which was itself sitting mostly intact and stripped down nearby.

 

“Yo, MEI!” he called out, watching as the pink haired genius perked up.

“Ah, LARCEN–” She cut off, eyes glazing even as she looked his direction.

“Sorry about this, Hacker. Please clean up and wipe down yourself,” Monoma requested, trying to stay polite and leaning against a work counter. As Mei automatically moved to a sink in the corner and began to wipe herself down, he eyed the scattered and pulled apart RG13 guns. And what appeared to be Mei’s rifle, that covered the counter.

 

After a few moments, he judged that Mei looked mostly clean and had wiped down any major grease stains on her face and arms.

“Mei, come lay down on the beanbag.”


As the pinkette passed by him he hummed, and snagged a marker, before following.

After Mei lay on the beanbag, Monoma told her to sleep, and pulled out her phone.

Luckily. He was one of a half dozen people in the villain team who knew her phone’s password for security and emergency purposes. It was the work of half a minute to set an alarm for a few hours. Sliding it back in her pocket, he popped the cap on the marker and put ink to skin across her arms.

Grinning, he capped it and nodded at his work, before tossing a blanket over the genius’s form and heading to find Power Loader.

Behind him, Mei snored softly.

 


 

Todoroki entered the room and looked around the still nearly empty classroom, seeing only Iida already in his seat. Giving a nod to the speedster, he rolled his shoulders and moved to his seat. He was…anxious. When he had arrived home the day before, Fuyumi had informed him that Endeavor was out on a job that would take the rest of the day. In fact, Endeavor had only returned home early this morning, and was still asleep when Shouto left the house. But sooner or later, there would be a confrontation he was really not looking forward to.

 

Sighing, he focused back on his desk, losing himself in thought. It was almost ten minutes later when he glanced up to see the door opening, and the rest of the class begin filing through.

The tension slowly built, the hero team looking sullen, the villians on edge, as they sat and fidgeted in their seats.

 

Only five minutes before class started, Bakugou stormed in, glaring and all but daring people to comment on the slightly dark bags that were sitting under his eyes. He stormed over and threw himself into his seat, crossing his arms and glaring out the window as the clock winded down.

 

And than just a minute before class started in full, Izuku walked through the door, one hand holding the strap to his bag in a white knuckled grip, and the other hand carding through his mess of a hairstyle as he sat quietly behind Bakugou, eyes averted from everyone’s faces.

 

Before anyone could speak up and talk to him, the door slammed open one last time, and Aizawa walked into the room. He had a folder full of notes and packets under one arm, and a thermos of coffee in the other.

“Listen up. Today, we are going to review everything you did right in the exercise,” Aizawa barely looked the student’s way, already picking up a piece of chalk and dragging it across the board.

On one side of the chalkboard he wrote ‘right’.

“And then, we’re going to talk about everything you did wrong.” The word soon mirrored its predecessor. The two boards sat in their mostly-empty glory behind him as Aizawa turned with a maniacal gleam in his eyes.

“Let’s get started, shall we?” Aizawa pointed to the first in line. “Heroes! You lost so you go last. We start with our victors, the villains. What did you notice.”

“We were more prepared?” Ashido spoke up, nervously.

“Indeed you were.” With quick motions he wrote that down. “The villain team took full advantage of their preptime. From scouting out the location ahead of time, to gear and basic operating procedure. As well as some fairly simple tactics and teamwork exercises.”

 

Ojiro raised his hand sheepishly “The guns?”

 

Mineta flinched behind Izuku from the reminder, even as Aizawa nodded a maybe.

“Equipment was a deciding factor. And the guns were quite a powerful equalizer,” he said as he wrote ‘equipment’. “Now...what did the villains do wrong?”

 

For a moment, there was silence, before Izuku himself spoke up.

“We had an issue with taunting our opponents.” Izuku seemed to shrink in on himself. “While making the heroes angry helped keep them predictable, it made us complacent and unprepared for when they did act differently than expected”

Aizawa marked it down. “Given I know for a fact that you and several other members of your team were deep in method acting, it was expected.”

Shoto glanced to noticed Izuku tense and stammer. “Uhh, that and the masks and Shinsou helped keep character.”

 

Shoto blinked and resolved to ask… and apparently he wasn't the only one.

“Wait, what do you mean keep character?” Mineta shouted, “I got shot. You were terrifying .”

Izuku tensed and stammered a bit, before getting his words out. “S– shinsou helped give us orders to keep us in character when we had scripted lines or actions over the comms! And, uh, the masks help by changing voice pitches so we sounded right! I had several near panic attacks trying to say the script without his help.”

 

Shoto felt his eyes widen as realization passed over him.


‘Was it all… just acting? Or is he implying... thats fucking terrifying."


 

Hero Class VIllains:

#School-Gossip


Kingpin is now Online

Kingpin: @Conman

ConMan: What.

Kingpin: I…may have just thrown you under the bus.

 

Kingpin: I may have implied that you brainwashed us to help us stay in character in the CW.

 

ConMan: …why?

 

Kingpin: Panic.


ConMan: …Fair.

ConMan: You Owe Me.

Kingpin: ...I really do.